It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Furbs

7% of ALL MEN to have raced in Formula 1 have won a single race.

7% of all MEN who have raced OTHER MEN, meaning there was a winner who was a man

Edit.. That means 97% of men in Formula 1 are losers.

No, it means that out of the races in which women competed with men it is 80% to 20% win for the men.
edit on 033030p://6America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2012 15:53:24 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Well duh if a man races a man then one man has to win... but if a girl wins against a man well then it throws off your whole game doesn't it because not all of those races has a female participant, and furthermore RT and PressTV said I'm right so there...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
*cough*

this is 2012 ...
The age of the Sociopath.

Men are actually gettin custody now more than ever..

Yeh ... suck it.

My sons mother has cheated on every guy shes been with... has no job.. car.. license .. Yeh keep telling yourselves women are above.

When she left us..( us as in me and my son) she just abandon us.. what for? To be promiscuous.

Snooky anyone? =/

Im bout to get full custody myself. I love the # out of my son... she does not. I work 1 full time job and 2 part time jobs just to make ends meet ... and im asexual at this point....

i heard this awhile back... but it mostly pertains to drug use and whoreism in my mind... the NYT just didnt want to say it
edit on 7-6-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

Good lord! I feel like I wrote that post! I had the same thing happen!

Heh ... =P

Im sure lots of men can say the same thing happened. Im not saying men dont act in this way .. But where I live, its like this all the time.

I actually have lots of guy friends who have full custody for this very reason.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

LOL, well if Press said it then I will leave it be..

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Statistical polls can and are at times biased and relatively inconsistent where it concerns their information. A lot of statistics bias themselves looking for a specific group of candidates only eligible by specific standards which remove a more general and potentially more accurate percentage of the study.

I try not to rely on statistics and percentage polls due to such things. That being said I feel women and men should have equal rights in most if not all cases depending on the situation. One of those situations could be women compared to men on the front lines of battle. Men began as protectors and are more anatomically capable of performing that job. I'm not saying women can't do it but that men should be the first choice for that duty until otherwise needed or specified depending on the circumstance. Men evolved as protectors and I feel instinct has played that role into our gender from hunter gatherer to modern times. But women can fight and there are women that are bigger than men. In general most aren't. There are issues for both genders such as the common belief men practice that it's their job to work, therefore not having an active role in the child's life and leaving the responsibility to the mother. A lot of men need to actively subscribe to the fact that being a husband requires you to play a part of the child's upbringing which includes changing diapers and such that a lot of men cringe at.

On the flip side there's a lot of women that have a biased attitude towards men and label them with a sexist attitude, failing to realize not all men are the same selfish animals. I think what personally pisses me off most is the attitude women have blanketing all men but then again a lot of men blanket women in an "all" category, which in turn is a huge problem for all of us. I have been a personal victim of the blanket mentality and at a time previous in my life I have also been guilty of using that blanket mentality towards women due to personally bad relationship experiences.

It's all about balance here. We all do stupid things regardless of gender. If we could avoid the blanket mentality and intellectually point out discrepancies which have been created due to that "blanket mentality" then I think things would be much better. It's said women are crazy and men stupid but being a practically separate species we forget to realize such and default to derogatory references and ideas. Men are better suited to specific things and so are women and just because that is the case does not mean anyone needs to take personal offense labeling one gender over or better than the other.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Crossfate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

I will post it again for you:

Out of all the F1 races in which women have participated against men, only 1 out of 5 have won against the men.

Gives a 20% win, meaning they are horrible.

Out of all the F1 races in which men have participated against men, 72 men have won multiple times at various races.

In the spirit of fairness, we can only count the races in which women were actually drivers, since you seem to freak out if I include races where women aren't drivers.

So. To make it simple…

5 women drivers.
5 races.
24 drivers total per race.
120 racers over 5 races.
Minus the 5 women drivers.
115 men drivers.
5 races means 5 winners.
1 woman winner.
4 male winners.
1 out of 5 women won. 20%
4 out of 115 men won. 3.5%

When men and women faced off, a female is 5.5 times more likely to win if the percentages of men and women were 50/50.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Really? This is the "point" you so passionately want to defend, that Men are better driver's, and win race car races? LOL, well...no Sh*t......so silly...and I agree with previous poster, thought you were "smarter" then that....oh well.......wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about someone's "character"......

Was optomistic this thread would lead to a better "understanding" between Men and Women....lol...cause God knows I'm confused

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Child Custody: Women receive physical custody of 92% of all children of separation, and men only 4%. [Department of Health & Human Services]

seriously...

try getting custody in California...

I personally know this stat is true..

a woman who lies & makes false accusations in court go unpunished ..

I am a living example..

and once I went through this I was

shocked by how many other men I met who

went or are currently going through the same thing..

we are just a paycheck for the courts & the woman.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by albertabound
Pretty much when I hit JH the anti-male propaganda hit full swing. Male teachers started disappearing and the women teachers became less and less ashamed to chest thump and show how they really felt about men.

Don't even get me started about the ball kicking.

Basically, the anti male propaganda in our schools is sickening and BLATANT.

Half truth: 1/4 women are subject to sexual assault by men
Full truth: 1/4 men are subject to sexual assault by women, also

Myth: Mothers are always right
Truth: I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Myth: Men are more inclined to rape
Fact: Sociopathic behavior does not discriminate by the genetic inheritance of sexual organs.

Holding men hostage because they have a Penis is just absurd. Don't believe it's happening? Talk to any male student or teacher in the school system. Or any female who is not in denial or hiding behind her sex.
edit on 6-6-2012 by albertabound because: (no reason given)

I'm a teacher, and I disagree with almost everything you've said. It may be the case in your school system, but in the two states I've taught in, the number of male teachers to female teachers begins to equalize in middle school. High school is usually a fair mix of male and female teachers.

You are correct about different learning styles, but that's an individual thing. Learning styles aren't determined by gender. However, boys are more prone to disciplinary problems b/c they tend to play rougher. All children need more play time during the school day.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Where did you come up with 7%?

72 men have won formula one races, and only one woman has won formula one.
edit on 033030p://6America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2012 15:47:48 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

7% of ALL MEN to have raced in Formula 1 have won a single race.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

Edit.. That means 93% of men in Formula 1 are losers.

Haha, what horrible reasoning, of course the percentage of men that have lost a race is higher than that of woman, a lot more men have raced, so of course the number of losers is higher,since there can only be one winner. A better way to look at it would be what percentage of races have been won by a woman compared to won by a man.
edit on 7-6-2012 by King_John because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman
reply to post by tw0330

Child Custody: Women receive physical custody of 92% of all children of separation, and men only 4%. [Department of Health & Human Services]

seriously...

try getting custody in California...

I personally know this stat is true..

a woman who lies & makes false accusations in court go unpunished ..

I am a living example..

and once I went through this I was

shocked by how many other men I met who

went or are currently going through the same thing..

we are just a paycheck for the courts & the woman.

Sorry that that happened to you but you cannot lump all women into the same category just as I can't say all men are manic sex fiends who go raping everything that stands just because of incidents in my life... There are good and bad in everything, I think that's what the biggest problem here is, the generalizations....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

1 woman winner.
4 male winners.

1 Woman out of 5 women, so the woman to woman win percentage is 20%
4 men out of 115 men, so the men to men win percentage is 3.5%

1 woman winning, 4 men winning, so the women to men win percentage is also 20%

I still wanna see the stats up against M. Schumacher, anyway I am off for now

edit on 043030p://6America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2012 16:14:59 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Out of all the F1 races in which women have participated against men, only 1 out of 5 have won against the men.

Out of all the F1 races in which men have participated against men, 72 men have won multiple times at various races.

In the spirit of fairness, we can only count the races in which women were actually drivers, since you seem to freak out if I include races where women aren't drivers.

So. To make it simple…

5 women drivers.
5 races.
120 racers over 5 races.
115 men drivers.
5 races means 5 winners.
1 woman winner.
4 male winners.

When men and women faced off, a female is 5.5 times more likely to win if the percentages of men and women were 50/50.

There are more male competitors so of course they're winning % would be lower. The important part is 4 males winners to 1 female winner.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

1 woman winner.
4 male winners.

1 Woman out of 5 women, so the woman to woman win percentage is 20%
4 men out of 115 men, so the men to men win percentage is 3.5%

1 woman winning, 4 men winning, so the women to men win percentage is also 20%

I still wanna see the stats up against M. Schumacher, anyway I am off for now

edit on 043030p://6America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2012 16:14:59 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

You clearly have no idea how statistics work. I have no idea what you are a professional of, but I hope it has nothing to do with mathematics.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by King_John

reply to post by Furbs

So. To make it simple…

5 women drivers.
5 races.
120 racers over 5 races.
115 men drivers.
5 races means 5 winners.
1 woman winner.
4 male winners.

There are more male competitors so of course they're winning % would be lower. The important part is 4 males winners to 1 female winner.

Based on those statistics, women would be 5.5 times more likely to win if 12 racers were men and 12 were women. Which means, a woman would win 5 races for every race a man won.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
So a man is home taking care of the kids, while the wife is working.

What does society in general think about this? How do you look at a man who says he is a stay at home dad?

What if you were a stay at home dad getting welfare because it cost to much to work?

Personally, I would not like to do that myself.

On a separate subject, society things a lot of crazy things. Anybody who guides their life (man or woman) based on what society would think instead of their own internal compass is a slave.

-rrr

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't know if they still give the mod nod of approval through applause but if they do I hope you get that for this. Awesome Awesome post...my brother.

I have been on this tirade myself many of times. I however think that what we see as sexism was a conspiracy created long ago in a sewing circle by powerful elites wives... After all the wives of rich men are just as powerful as their husbands. So why would they care.

Lets think about what the women's lib movement has done. It has doubled the income in many households therefore basically eliminating the chance for 1 dad/hubby to go and get a job that he can afford his family on. After all, double the income means double the price and so on... Arrgh... company just arrived so i will leave it at that... Maybe ill post a thread on this if there isn't one already... I've got names and dates too...
SSS
edit on 7-6-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: 3

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

It does actually, physics

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
i grew up in world were women said to be equal to men and as ive gotten older i have seen that not to be true, women are better at certain aspects of this life, as men are better at certain aspects of this life, WE ARE NOT EQUAL, we can and have for years lived together and obviously succeed since our word population is going up, i think the whole feminist movement is just a bandwagon for sheep to jump on to make themselves feel as there not part of the heard, and i swear to God if another chick with a fohawk tries to punch me i will treat her as if she was a man(BINK...right in the jaw)........EQUALITY FOR ALL
edit on 7-6-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

Your sexism is showing.

Why wouldn't you defend yourself from anyone trying to attack you, regardless of gender? Your reluctance to hit a woman is your own sexism, not anyone else's.

and im curious do you not think that women are better at certain aspects of life just as men are, sure u can train at anything, but inherently or instinctively are the two genders not differnt?

Gender is a social construct, not a biological one. I would answer your question, if it were a little clearer. Can you cite examples of what you are talking about in regards to advantages one sex has over another?

men are more suited for hard labor, women are more suited for survival-genetics
not to say an individual cant reverse or be born into these rolls due to training and genetic anomalys

a women that bore a child from ones womb that grew out of ones body defiantly makes one have different emotions and values than a a man who basically only had to bust a nut to have his offspring
again not to say there are certain individuals that would prove this statement wrong, i am speculating on the general population( for instance ive seen men with better motherly instincts than women, but not a conman thing)

and to be frank how many women compared to men want and enjoy a good beating weather it be given,taken or both, being a man of the general public i have noticed that women(not every one) like to sit around and and chat, were as men when together (not every man) like to test themselves physically(sparing ) and or mentally(not to say women don't test themselves just not in the same way as men do. WE ARE DIFFERENT. and you say gender roles are of product of society,yet it seems to me gender roles were always there and infused into our society just as anything else that is necessary for our society to grow. i am curious are you a feminist?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
How much do I love living in this completely matriarchal society where women make all of the decisions for you poor weak men?

Not enough, because it does not exist.

Get real.

I would not wish being a woman on any of you men!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by King_John

reply to post by Furbs

So. To make it simple…

5 women drivers.
5 races.
120 racers over 5 races.
115 men drivers.
5 races means 5 winners.
1 woman winner.
4 male winners.

Based on those statistics, women would be 5.5 times more likely to win if 12 racers were men and 12 were women. Which means, a woman would win 5 races for every race a man won.

That's not what those statics say at all, since only one man can win a race at a time, the % of men that lose compared to men that win is going to be way higher than that of women because of the much higher participation.

Out of the 23 males competitors only one can win, so there's going to be 22 male losers to 1 male winner every race.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join