It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Interesting yet ultimately embarrassing imo. Real men aren't supposed to whine about how they don't get a fair shake when it comes to women. Seriously dude?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
do animals have different roles in the wild based on there gender,

Yes. Animals in the did tend to have differences in behavior along sex lines. However, as a rule, all members of the same species of animals tend to act the same way as a species.

there is a reason we have two main genders, why try and argue that unless a feminist just trying to stir up issues

Humans do not have assigned gender roles as a species. If we did, every culture in the world would have the same clearly delineated differences in gender roles, and that isn't the case.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
I was willing to listen to your point of view until I got to this part:

Despite these compelling figures, children are systematically removed from the natural fathers who are their most effective protectors.

"Most effective protectors"..dude, there is no force more formidable in nature then a Mother with kids. Go to a store and watch a mother walking with children. Just try and get between her and her brood.

Then watch a dad. Even my husband admits defeat in this department. He notices all the time that mothers naturally keep their children directly in sight, while fathers get distracted. It is not an insult, it is probably simply because moms are more in tune with their offspring. After all, we carried them in our wombs for nine months..they were attached to us, shared our life system.
Just tonight I was watching a guy in Target busy looking at action figures while his 3 year old was out of sight, pulling down pool chemicals.
*snip*

While I am one of those moms, that no one better dare get between me and my kids, not all are like that. Just a day or two ago, I was so angry with one woman in a parking lot, I wanted to get out of my car and smack her. She was pushing a shopping cart, with a child of about 5-6 in the cargo section, and her merchandise in the child seat, while her TODDLER followed along behind her in the parking lot. She didn't even have the kid in sight most of the time, till she turned and looked annoyed that he wasn't keeping up. Seen similar things before, too. Moms walking about, chatting with a friend, while the small children trail behind. Seen many cases where someone could have snatched the child and the mother would not have noticed. I wish all moms were like you and I, but they aren't. I even know of one case where a woman chose a pedophile over her own children. No, not kidding. Second husband, and when it came to leaving him or losing the kids, she stayed with the guy. Not even the father of the kids. In a lot of cases, the courts take the side of the mother solely based on her being the mother, and sometimes, that's a mistake. NOT always. My own husband isn't as diligent with watching the kids as I am, and we both know that. Still, some of these women are worse. Certainly, it isn't all one-sided. There can be failures either way, and the courts should start looking at individual cases more, instead of deciding on sex alone.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Because of the obvious differences in the mentality and physcial structures of men and

women perhaps the word 'fairness' between the sexes would be more appropriate than

'equality'

For instance my daughter has a son and a daughter who she treats 'fairly' rather than equally

and she seems to have achieved a balance as there appears to be no jealousy 'bitching' or

arguing - in fact perfect harmony reigns!

And to the poster 'the professional' who has used a number of post's denigrating women

drivers
Don't you know that all motor insurance companies favour women drivers??

they consider them to be more 'careful' drivers who 'if' they have an accident it is only a

fairly minor accident where as an accident with a male driver is more often than not major!

Earlier in the thread some one gave some statistics as to the number of men being killed in

accidents in the work place (dangerous type jobs) and only one woman. I don't suppose

they ever considered that women in general are 'more careful' and generally not risk takers

(and there for safer) and NOT as insinuated afraid of doing the same work as any man.

link   

Originally posted by kaiode1
I must say. Some of the pure chauvanism on display in this thread makes me ashamed to own a penis.

You have been conditioned well. If I were you I would be more ashamed at the fact that you are unwilling to allow men to stand up for their rights without fear of ridicule. Why is it that when women stand up and voice their concerns people like you will glorify them, but when men do it you vilify them? This is exactly the type of mindset that the OP mentioned.

link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I totally agree about the entertainment industry portraying men that way.

In fact, I find that a lot of men from my generation (I'm 26) have learned many of their behaviors from those stupid shows. The fact is we need to honor and uphold our men and women and empower each other, not stereotype which results in men and women trying to live up to or down to the that stereotype.

So frustrating. I see it in women too, seeing themselves as nothing more than sex objects and feeling like they have no more worth beyond the shape of their body and their sex appeal. I struggle with that very same thing! Hearing how men talk about women and then women clamoring and competing to give them what they want, when all it is is manufactured crap to get us to buy more things.

I see it happen with ads all the time. Making fun of a mans supposed inability to work with this hands or think for himself so come and buy our (insert item here) and you won't have to worry about your lazy husband not getting stuff done around the house anymore. Or ladies your breasts are too small, men don't like women who aren't perfect so come buy our pills so you can finally attract the man of your dreams. It's utter Bull!@#$ we are so much more. Just as a man is much more than the car he drives or the money he makes.

We have all of this inner dialogue constantly going on in our heads about how worthless we are that we start believing it. I think our extreme consumerism has had a terrible effect on us in this way. All of this inner dialogue is all just made up because it's meant to make you feel worthless so that you consume more. God forbid we ever truly be happy with ourselves then we wouldn't feel the need to constantly go to work to slave over trying to out do the jones's down the street.

*sigh*
End rant.

link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
*snip*
Keep telling yourself that there's no "formidable force in nature" than a mother with kids.PLEASE.If anyone messed with my daughter I guarentee you I'd be MORE formidable than you.And I'd do a heck of a lot more damage than you,too.Please,if you husband isnt watching his kids than well guess what? He's not a very good father.No offense.And I don't buy your Target story.How do you know the 3 year old was his if he was out of sight? Were you stalking them? Nice try.
edit on 7-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

Ever square off with a mama grizzly? That's what you would get if you threatened one of MY kids. Heck, the grizzly might be nicer. That said, as you can see in an above post, that isn't always the case. Some moms don't pay attention, either. But, I will give credit; the poster would not have to be stalking to notice what child is with what adult. i notice that all the time. Some of the inattentive parents I have seen, I pay attention, in case a child is separated. That's a mom thing for me. And yeah, my husband would demolish anyone that threatened his kids, too. That should be true for any good parent, Dad or Mom. Overall, it is true that women are better at minding, though, because we are wired to multitask, and men are wired differently. That's not a bad thing. Guys are wired to focus more, in order to be able to hunt or fight or whatever. It's a difference, but not a weakness.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Originally posted by kaiode1
I must say. Some of the pure chauvanism on display in this thread makes me ashamed to own a penis.

You have been conditioned well. If I were you I would be more ashamed at the fact that you are unwilling to allow men to stand up for their rights without fear of ridicule. Why is it that when women stand up and voice their concerns people like you will glorify them, but when men do it you vilify them? This is exactly the type of mindset that the OP mentioned.

By all means, stand up for your rights!

I am still trying to get someone to tell me what rights are being stepped on.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
reply to post by celerygeneral

I couldn't think of anything worse than an all woman planet, I'll go out with the fellas if that's the alternative.

Better watch saying that. I said something similar in a discussion on the survival board and some woman went berzerko and threatened to beat me up.....as in hunt me down and beat my ass..and Im a woman..

Anyhoo, and just MY OPINION...I wonder when being "equal" meant for a woman to be treated as if she were a man? I can actually understand some of the sentiments expressed by certain men here. Given.. Im older.. but I personally never felt that I needed to behave like a man ( since I enjoy and do not feel threatened by traditional roles) to feel equal or to have my existence validated. I truly understand the plight of men in custody issues ( have seen it within my own family when the woman shouldnt have been allowed to keep a goldfish, much less a child). I understand the anger that a man might have if was was not hired at a job due to quotas in hiring someone based solely on their genitalia... even if she is or is not capable of or qualified for a certain job.
There are a lot of inequalities but not all are bad inequalities. If we were not buying into the BS of pitting us against each other, we could complement each other with no one being made to feel lesser of a person for what role they chose according to capabilities and etc.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArrythmianDreams
reply to post by tw0330

*snip*
Right to choose-

I'm sorry, but a man does not have the right to dictate to me that I will be the host for a parasite. It's my body, not his, so *I* have the rights, not him.

*snip*

"Parasite"?!?!?!?!? A child isn't a parasite, and isn't a part of you. A child is a separate person, with unique DNA from conception. Created by two people, not just one. No more your body than that of the father, so if you want a choice, then the father should have one as well. Both are parents, so both have a say. Otherwise, you have an imbalanced system.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
A fetus does live off the mother. That's what causes morning sickness.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I starting reading this and found myself getting angry....
I thought about it and it seems racism is following the same path. Think of all the funds and organizations made for specific races....but not white. Anyway, I'd rather not think any longer on things that cannot be changed. I'm sure there is some very interesting points that have been and will be made with this post.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Hey Seeker - I like your post. One other thing that really bothers me (and which I don't expect to go away) is how men will call each other a part of the female anatomy (or call them a girl's name such as "Dorothy") as a put-down, or as a crude form of cajoling them to be more "manly." We've all heard it a thousand times. The translation to my ears: "Don't be less than a man." "Don't wimp out like a woman would." "Don't be inferior." Do guys know how incredibly offensive that is??? *sigh* Mutual respect is an awesome dream...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Well, the hormone change ( estrogen, chorionic gonadotropin, etc..) actually cause morning sickness, but yeah.

You know, some believe that they are parasites well after birth. As in at 18 you can finally salt the leech.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT WOMEN!

I love even when they get Bitchy as I find this endlessly amusing! LOL! But one thing I know as Fact...Men and Women are NOT EQUAL. I cannot have a child and My Girl cannot Knock me out with a Skillet. I know this because one day while she was frustrated with me she began swinging a heavy skillet and caught me upside the head as I turned the corner. It was not on purpose and I MILKED IT for WEEKS! LOL! But I know if it was her receiving the blow...She would not have survived.

I love Women so much that if I was born Female I would probably be a Lesbian! LOL! Then again...I have never had a problem with Women in general and I don't just look for Beauty...I look for BRAINS! The Greatest Erogenous Zone in the Human Body is the MIND! And GUY'S...if you find one that understands this...MARRY HER! Unless she is a Cold Hearted Bitch! LOL!

I play in an International Turing Band...I also help my Family run several successful companies and I have a third job that some Women cannot deal with and that JOB is...now and then...working for the Agency. I work with the Military but I am a Civilian and I do not salute anyone! But some Women cannot deal with a Guy being gone for 10 to 20 day's...or more...and worry. Fortunately...I am very good at what I do but still...one time I screwed up and ended up getting Shot in the Chest. I was wearing an Advanced Ultralight Vest but because of how close the shots came from...there were a few ballistic penetrations. I should have seen it coming and it will NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!

Still...even though at the time I was just seeing a Woman for 4 Months...I was more afraid of how she would react than my being shot...Oh...and the person who shot me will never shoot anything or one again. This Woman turned into My Girl and she is Super Smart and if she can Handle a Crazy Ultra-Alpha Male Rock Star like me then she isn't afraid of anything! The basis of our relationship which I think should be the basis of more peoples relationships because if it is....there would not be so much heart ache and strife...the Basis is...TRUST! ABSOLUTE TRUST! I do not even understand what jealousy is or what it means because I am not that type nor is she that type of person. If a person has to worry about whether or not another is
interested in you or whether she is yours and you are hers...then there is NOTHING THERE TO BEGIN WITH!

Granted I am as well is she...very attractive and we both work out our Minds as well as our Bodies....I would not trade for anyone else! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

reply to post by tw0330

*snip*
Right to choose-

I'm sorry, but a man does not have the right to dictate to me that I will be the host for a parasite. It's my body, not his, so *I* have the rights, not him.

*snip*

"Parasite"?!?!?!?!? A child isn't a parasite, and isn't a part of you. A child is a separate person, with unique DNA from conception. Created by two people, not just one. No more your body than that of the father, so if you want a choice, then the father should have one as well. Both are parents, so both have a say. Otherwise, you have an imbalanced system.

I have to agree with you on this. That is one issue where men just don't get a fair shake.
If they want the child , and the woman doesn't, too bad for them, if she doesn't agree.

Its also not fair if the man doesn't feel ready to be a father, and she wants the child, too bad for him...get ready to pay child support.

As far as creating children, and having choices about it, the women in this part of the world, have it over men, and it can be heartbreaking to see at times.

Sad that the poster had to think of the child as a parasite.

Lesson for men is that they really have to be careful who they sow their oats with, because once the pregnancy takes place, you don't seem to have many rights compared to the female. If they don't want children, they need to be responsible for their own part in contraception.

I also see where it seems acceptable for women to bash men, but not so much the other way around.

Of course things are much different for women in other parts of this planet, and its sad that they have no rights, and are violated and treated like much lesser beings in many countries.

I didn't read all the replies in this thread, so I'm sure my sentiments echo what other woman have already said, so my apologies if I just repeated other views.
edit on 7-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I see the same thing, with women thinking they should be sex objects. Even children are taught this behavior these days! i watched a video with this really suggestive song (Genie in a Bottle, i think it was), and these pre-teen girls dancing all "sexy" style to it, singing the lyrics, and their mothers sitting there smiling like that was the cutest thing. Then there is the clothing that is sometimes marketed for young girls. Not teens, but children. Stuff my girls look at and shake their heads at, like skirts so short you couldn't sneeze in them without exposing underwear, but without any built-in shorts. Tops that are made to enhance a bustline on girls that don't even have one. You get the idea.

The way men are treated on television sometimes is awful! The very idea that the typical husband and father is a clown, a useless waste of time, has permeated society. The world has gone mad!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Hormonal changes cause morning sickness. Yes, the child lives from the mother, but that doesn't mean she has a right to kill said child. Once born, small children need care to live as well, and someone has to provide that care. Should we make it legal for the caregivers to kill those children? I know quite well about the problems with pregnancies. Five children, two miscarried. Enough morning sickness for 20 women. Various other issues as well. However, there is no way I would have considered killing one of my children because of some pain (and yeah, had that, too - try induced labor with no pain meds...) or danger. I would die for my kids now, and would have while I carried them inside as well.

I know, too, that the fathers care just as deeply for their children. My husband didn't carry them, but they are his as much as mine, and he has equal say in their lives. Even if I was pro-abortion (which it should be clear I am not), I would say the father has some say in the matter. It's his child, too. Yes, I have considered rape cases. Knew someone in that position, and she had her daughter. Beautiful, sweet child. That mom said she didn't feel it would have been right to punish the child for the crime of the father.

Children aren't parasites, and fathers should have the same rights as mothers regarding their children. A parasite is a foreign thing, not the same species, that lives off someone. Our own offspring don't get that label. if they do, something is really wrong with our society.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

reply to post by tw0330

*snip*
Right to choose-

*snip*

I have to agree with you on this. That is one issue where men just don't get a fair shake.
If they want the child , and the woman doesn't, too bad for them, if she doesn't agree.

Its also not fair if the man doesn't feel ready to be a father, and she wants the child, too bad for him...get ready to pay child support.

As far as creating children, and having choices about it, the women in this part of the world, have it over men, and it can be heartbreaking to see at times.

Sad that the poster had to think of the child as a parasite.

Lesson for men is that they really have to be careful who they sow their oats with, because once the pregnancy takes place, you don't seem to have many rights compared to the female. If they don't want children, they need to be responsible for their own part in contraception.

I also see where it seems acceptable for women to bash men, but not so much the other way around.

Of course things are much different for women in other parts of this planet, and its sad that they have no rights, and are violated and treated like much lesser beings in many countries.

I didn't read all the replies in this thread, so I'm sure my sentiments echo what other woman have already said, so my apologies if I just repeated other views.
edit on 7-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

It's true that in some places, women are treated quite badly. I am all for fixing those issues. however, that doesn't mean treating all men as the bad guy, which is what the feminist movement seems to enjoy doing! Same as a few men here seem to do as well, that were clearly burned by some psychotic woman at some point, and not blame all of us. really, it is the same thing throughout society; blame all of a group for the actions of a few members. We see this in cases like this post discusses, in race cases, in national origin cases, and so on. Hate the group. Fight, scream, yell, start wars, etc. It's crazy, and there are certain factions that enjoy the chaos.

On this, as in other areas, we have to be smarter, and not allow someone to attach strings to us, and use us as puppets.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

You brought up some good points. As far as the breast cancer vs prostrate cancer, from what I understand prostrate cancer is a slow progressive cancer, where breast cancer progresses at a much faster rate. Also being motherless when children are young, is considered a detriment to children. So that could be the reason why more money is being spent on breast cancer.

As far as how men learn and women learn, people from both sexes learn differently, it depends upon how your brain is wired. Some guys and women tend to learn better with a hands on approach, where some learn better in a lecture environment. I do agree that more men are hands on learners. I think I have some experience in this since I am a CAD vocational teacher. I don't get many girls in my class, which is probably more related to the subject matter. However, when I do have them in my class, they are less project oriented than the guys. Having said that, many girls do well in my class because they pay attention to detail more than the guys do. I really think hands on learning is by far the best way to learn for both sexes.

I tend to agree with you on how the legal system will always side with a mother over custody cases. The majority of women are nurturers, where men are more the disciplinarians. However, I think the courts are too bias when it comes to deciding custody of children. Some fathers can be more nurturing than mothers.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join