It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I watched a show last night about a reporter's days in a war-torn country. The reporter said in regards to sniper fire: "they were targeting women, children and old people." She said this while they were displaying the bodies of many men. Can't we say that they were targeting people in general rather than exclude half the people on earth?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

5. I have not checked your facts on Domestic violence yet, but my life experiences and observations give me "pause" those facts are acurrate, but not sure? No doubt there are some "sick violent puppies" out there of both sexes, but overall Men are more aggressive then Women, they certainly have the strength to "over power" them in most cases, and Violence against Women is rampant, and I have experienced this 1st hand.

Men, are muscle monkeys ... that said, we'll always react to threats in violence. And women, being mentally superior to us ... can easily make us feel insecure, less capable. When the man feels threatened, he'll act violently ... even if the threat isn't violent in nature.

Women use this as a weapon.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

only in very recent times in history has this happened, I can see how it can be flustering being a man but it was like this for women for eons its oppression, just tables turned, its not right I agree with what your saying (other Than reproduction) but you as men have to fight for those rights back, fight for your equality as women did, I as a woman would gladly support you

other than on reproduction rights, in this day and age a male can harbor a fetus in his anus and give birth to it (really Google it), if Its that important to You to procreate there's always that option, I'd love to see a man go through birthing, might cut down on our runaway population as well....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
reply to post by petrus4

You've never met a true alpha, sorry to say. I wish you the fortune of meeting this dynamic individual.

Thanks, but I'd honestly prefer not to.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

you cant blame women for wanting to protect children??

You can't blame MEN for wanting to protect children!!!
edit on 7/6/12 by ThatGuy45 because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I choose the thatcher example because of the list given, she was in charge of an entire country, there was technically no one above her and the point i was making is that she was a brute - but not all women are. In general (as we are generalising in this thread) women are more likely to share their resource's compared to men.

No we are not generalizing here at least not all of us. People posting in here keep speaking in generalizations and doing nothing to provide an ounce of proof to lead credence to their statement. I think people are just pulling randoms things out of a very unpleasant area and expecting to magically wave their hands in the air and make it reality

Originally posted by SearchLightsIncIn comparison to the amount of history taking place, there are very few of these women warriors that you speak of, maybe they needed affermitive action back then too

It's not a matter of comparison by numbers its matter of women turning just as aggressive and violent as men when the opportunity provides itself.

Violent people are a result of the environment they were raised in. They become conditioned to use this as reaction because its a learned behavior Seeing as how women have lived with men since the dawn of our species it is only logical that they would have in turn become conditioned to it and thus be highly capable of enacting it themselves.
edit on 7-6-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaughterOfARevolver
in this day and age a male can harbor a fetus in his anus and give birth to it (really Google it), if Its that important to You to procreate there's always that option, I'd love to see a man go through birthing, might cut down on our runaway population as well....

In a thread full of unsupported claims, I am certainly glad that I was able to read this one.

It just goes to show that ignorance isn't the domain of any one sex, but is embraced by both.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

You are absolutely right and so i think we should continue on with saturating our political systems with men so that 99% of is can die peacefully in a nuclear holocaust - That the survivors will blame on women

Well, vote Hillary Clinton into Power then. I'm sure she'll be able to give you a heated speech about how all men are evil, and provide you with enough fuel to nuke some country in the world.

That way, you can all gloat about how you managed to kill them all in one strike.

Hahaha! I feel like starring you just for that last comment! Im not american though but i sure would vote for a crazy mofo just on the basis of their gender! FREE NUKES FOR ALL.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

And yet all the facts the OP put in his article directly oppose everything you just said.

That's the whole point... the idea that it's a man's world, and the facts that it no longer is -- quite opposite.

Khar

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I can't help it. This song is perfect for this thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by petrus4

Completely agree.

All this alpha BS has gotten out of hand. Even just hearing the term makes me laugh now because I picture some wanker frat boy wearing a t-shirt one size too small and a backwards hat going around pubs looking for fights. Funny thing about these self-proclaimed alphas: Whenever they start a fight, their friends always pile in too. Ever notice that? But I thought alphas were supposed to fight their own battles

No.

The concept of an alpha male comes from animal sociology; it's a means of assisting natural selection, by supposedly giving the most biologically fit members of a given group the best chance to survive and reproduce, thus improving the given species' gene pool. A wolf pack will have an alpha male and female. They are considered the lead breeding pair of the pack's social hierarchy. They get the first (and generally the most nutrient dense) food from every kill. In the case of wolves specifically, they don't get the position from combat, although animals in other species do.

If inherent alphas exist within human society at all, (as opposed to simply being psychopaths, as noted) it is primarily in reproductive terms. They're what the pickup artist subculture refer to as "naturals."

He's the proverbial smooth talking guy who you'll meet in public, while out somewhere with your wife or girlfriend, who will happily buy you a drink before he seduces your partner with you sitting next to them, and then takes her off and has sex with her with no resistance from you whatsoever, supposedly because, as he seduced your wife into sleeping with him, he also seduced you into believing that it is his inherent right as an alpha to sew his oats with literally any woman available, and you will supposedly not resist, on an instinctive level, because of said alpha status.
edit on 7-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaughterOfARevolver

only in very recent times in history has this happened, I can see how it can be flustering being a man but it was like this for women for eons its oppression, just tables turned, its not right I agree with what your saying (other Than reproduction) but you as men have to fight for those rights back, fight for your equality as women did, I as a woman would gladly support you

When you say this, your mind is almost exclusively on this

Russia: Ban against forced marriages

And why on earth is this a womans issue? How is it better for me, to be married to you ... than you to be married to me?

Oh poor you, to have marry this ugly old fart heh? And lucky me to be married to this sexy lady, right?

Read, and educate yourself. This was never about "womens" rights, but about peasants rights against their overlords. Women weren't abused as you say they were ... that's just imagined nonsense ... poor old Queen Elizabeth the first ... how abused she was. And poor old wife of Njal, how she was abused in her home ...

Women are just living up to their natural instincts, seeking food where there is plenty ... on the overlords table.

Start by reading here...

History of human rights, in history

edit on 7/6/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I agree 100% here, i havent read all replies of course but the attitude i have seen in my personal life and looking at the world is clearly become more anti-male.
Men may have dominated society in many areas for thousands of years with some horrible acheivements but that is not the fault of any man today and yet we are made to pay the price (however this is not sexism), women today have not suffered like the women of the past however much they think they have.
Women today enjoy more freedom and rights than their mothers grandmothers and so on could have dreamt yet they think its still a mans world and they are hard done by, a feminist can be a naked woman picking up money men have thrown at her in a club to amuse them (living up to mens control and exploitation of women) to a sharp suited CEO with her own floor at the top of the highest skyscraper. Apparently both these women are empowered feminists there is no difference!
People generally dont think that the injustice of the past can upset all parties, im not proud of how men have behaved throughout history yet i will not accept responsibility for their actions or be made to pay for it, (however this is sexism) unfortunatly this has spilled over into racism too.
If you look at advertising such as posters and t.v the man of the family is clearly the butt end of the joke, the answer to sexism is not more sexism.
I could go on but if you've made it this far into my post you've done well and thankyou, if we've not learnt our lessons by now we never will. This argument has no end.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMajestic

I completely agree.

Im not saying all women are, but small portion of women who want to dominate and make man feel guilty, are spreading their dominion and slowly rubbing on average women.

What we see is, woman of now(the small portions), who has freedom and equality, whine and cry like they are in the 1000 AD, reaping the benefits of current world's standards and some added bonus from using the guilt.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia

It is still a man's world even if there are Women's Studies being taught in schools and not The Study of Men.

Define a "man's world' please I think us men would like a clear definition these days?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I believe it's still possible to arrive at a balance and equal understanding. Both simply have to put aside their differences and think outside the box.

remove the aspect of division. "Male vs female" and act as one consciousness. As HUMAN.

The male vs female debate is getting old. The simple fact is, if both are arguing still, they are both immature.

Yes I went there. And I am a male and I can certainly see females as my equal. Neither is better or any worse than the other.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Women follow the road rules more carefully, but men are more SKILLED drivers; we know how to maneuver and control the vehicle much better and our limits of the vehicle which at times surpass the legal limits.

Men are more skilled at driving than women, which leads us to breaking more laws when driving because our vehicle limits and skill level surpass legal limits.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've got to say, this is kind of a ridiculous argument to make. Us men have ruled this world literally for thousands of years. So women have been getting the short end of the stick for quite some time now. Your argument is akin to the "anti-white" arguments that have been sweeping ats lately. By childish people who are angry that their advantages are being taken away. I mean, c'mon dude. Women still really aren't treated fairly to this very day. They're still refused the same wages as men. The feminist movement is in the exact same spirit of the black power movement, because the frustrations are pretty much the same. The opressed always eventually have an inherent mistrust/resentment of their oppressors which (for thousands of years) have been us of the male persuasion. So if you can't really understand that, or the seemingly "extra" benefits that women are receiving then there's really no hope.

The only way I know how to put it is this. The only way that things can be fair, is for them not to be fair for awhile. The subjugators have to become the subjagated. Or at least the sympathetic. That's just the way it is. You really have no right to be sour about the way things have turned out, considering we really have no one to blame but ourselves. It's still a man's world to this day, and that can't be denied.
edit on 7-6-2012 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My contribution:

Why does women's breast cancer get more funding?

Because women's boobs are important to men.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Let us assume that a fetus is a person.

A person doesn't have a right to your organs. The male doesn't have a right to dictate the use of a person's uterus. That a fetus cannot live outside of the uterus doesn't give it some over-riding right to the use of that uterus.

If your lungs stop working, you don't get to use mine just because otherwise you might die.

However, if that person remains in growth they continue to have parents. Even if those people don't like it. A person has biological parents, and those parents have responsibilities to that person until they reach the age of majority. Not RIGHTS to that person - responsibilities.

Paying for children is an issue between the child and the parent, not between the male and female parents.

Males get a curtailed window to reject parenthood due to biology. I can't reach the top shelf in the garage without a ladder. Sometimes choices based on biology stink.

Breast cancer isn't ONE type of cancer, it is an umbrella term for multiple types of cancer. Comparing breast cancer to prostate cancer is you buying into a male-female fight set up for you without ever looking at what it really is.

www.breastcancer.org...

11 billion dollars / 14 types of cancer @= 78 million a piece.

www.prostatecancerguide.net...

2 billion / 3 types of prostate cancer = 666 million a piece.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join