It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Women follow the road rules more carefully, but men are more SKILLED drivers; we know how to maneuver and control the vehicle much better and our limits of the vehicle which at times surpass the legal limits.

Men are more skilled at driving than women, which leads us to breaking more laws when driving because our vehicle limits and skill level surpass legal limits.

Wow what a totally sexist remark, I bet you think that women aren't as good at fixing computers as well...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Poor you.....I have so many more things to say, but I am sure the ATS folks will cover it for me.....for now, I'll just cry you a river....and, in your next life, I sure hope you are female!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

This is my experience and what I have seen my entire life. When driving on the highway and through hard exits women tend to slow down and brake when it is unnecessary, I take the curve at the maximum possible speed with even the tires slipping slightly and am still able to control the vehicle. It is not legal, but I am certainly more skilled at driving than the majority of women and most men are more skilled at driving than women. Simple fact. Get over it.
edit on 033030p://6America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2012 15:14:11 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I like this logic. Too dumb to know that your tires don't slip around if you speed up at perigee, and thinks dumb driving means better driving. Though I will concede that if you manage to live through being stupid for a long time, perhaps you've got some advantage to save your sorry hide from how dumb you are.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Hey BJ....you have no idea what it is like to have your ex husband stalk, attack, rape, and try to kill you....and watch him get away with it in court 2 years later....juries don't believe the woman, unless she is a weeping basket case....and the "justice system" raped me over and over....just as horribly as my ex....so....you speak in broad terms, but, the individual incidents don't match your take....OR YOUR FEEBLE EXCUSE...(men are naturally violent, and women are mind control experts)....geez....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SibylofErythrae

My sister is too scared of my advanced driving skill and she drives like a...welll woman..It is called skill not idiocy. I would not do it on curves where I could not see the end or all obstructions.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I will not get over it, just because you say it's so does not make it so, you dont' know every woman on the planet, nor do you know how we are trained to drive, hell I've taken Crown Vic's on rides that would probably have you clutching the dashboard screaming to be let out, so don't give me this Men can control vehicles at high speeds better drivel.

This is why there will never be equality, people like you clinging to some misconceived notion that people are not equal and then when called on it, "Deal with it"

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by vkey08

This is my experience and what I have seen my entire life. When driving on the highway and through hard exits women tend to slow down and brake when it is necessary, I take the curve at the maximum possible speed with even the tires slipping slightly and am still able to control the vehicle. It is not legal, but I am certainly more skilled at driving than the majority of women and most men are more skilled at driving than women. Simple fact. Get over it.

Now, is this a product of culture or biology? Men, in general, have automobiles thrust on them from infancy. This is called Gender Training. If you have some kind of empirical research to back up the claim that there is a biological reason for your anecdotal claim, I would love to see it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

This is my experience and what I have seen my entire life.

Yes one persons experience is clearly a reflection on the daily reality of a plant full of billions of people

herp derp

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Haha, a crown vic could not match my BMW 5 series around some turns. Secondly If a woman was driving I would be scared because I know they are not up to skill as men.

here is some skill for you:

Tell me how many women can drive like that
edit on 033030p://6America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2012 15:19:51 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveBoard
reply to post by petrus4

petrus4
Your vulnerability is appreciated. (And you anger is duly noted.) Vulnerability is what women rarely get to see, and while some may not think it is masculine to have vulnerability or need, it is precisely that vulnerability which lies behind so much "male posturing" that we need to know exists.

I appreciate this. My ex-girlfriend used to complain that I was afraid of intimacy, when what I felt like saying to her (but didn't) was, "No, I'm just afraid of it with you." She had been abused (including physically, once) in previous relationships, and to a certain extent used her relationship with me as a means of obtaining revenge against my gender.

That's another very large part of my problem. As my mention of Kali might indicate, I tend to be attracted to...emotionally unstable, is probably the most direct way of putting it...women. I'm aware that not all women are emotionally unstable, however; just, for some reason, the ones that I primarily find arousing.

I'm sorry you are alone.

Thanks. I'm not going to claim that I'm really coping, as such, but I'm alive. For a long time, simply being alive is something that I've tended to consider an achievement. I truthfully rely on my mother emotionally more than I should. I've realised that when she dies, it's going to get a lot harder.

I found out not long ago that my weight is currently 20 stone. (around 123 kg) I'm currently in the process of trying to come up with an incentive to lose it. That might sound as though I'm making excuses, and maybe I am, but truthfully, the only real sense of competence I have comes from what I'm able to do on a computer. I have a single kidney, though, so if I remain at this weight for too long, I'm probably not going to physically survive. I think probably the most alarming thing, if I could be alarmed by it, is the level of indifference that I feel about that.

I admit that I have largely given up on life in general, at this point. I travelled around 1600 km north last year, which for me was a fairly big deal, and had a positive experience, but didn't end up moving up there, when I was told that I could have done so, and it would have been very positive. I think I'm possibly grieving that right now, to a degree.

I think the only thing I can focus on right now, is going into the local capital city here, and walking around a bit. It probably won't dramatically get me fitter, but hopefully it will at least keep me alive.

Kali Ma - the goddess of empowerment, time and change (transformation), the power of birth and death, the cycles of life: quite a powerful force!!

She is. Truthfully, I need to lean on her more than I am, psychologically. There are means of doing so; I just haven't been employing them. I think another part of my problem there, is that I live in an extremely atheistic society, and that is actually another part of the reason why I feel so isolated. When I do puja, it has to be behind closed doors, or the response that I can get can be awkward. Most people's perception of Ma has a lot to do with Mola Ram, from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I have never driven a BMW more than a test drive, nor would I ever want to, I don't like the way they handle, but i could reproduce my results in other cars, I just used my vic as it's my car... and I happen to know how she handles..

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I like how BMWs handle and feel very natural with it, everyone who gets into my vehicle says so. When I first drove which was late in life anyway my driver said I was a natural and I got my license quick.

My sister on the other hand was so scared to drive and would make very wrong maneuvers

Secondly legal maneuvers do not translate into better skills as i have indicated.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Weirdly enough, I get your point,,,lol...as "sick" as that is.....I do think "some" men feel that if they are "confronted" with "logic" that they can't dispute, they will react violently....but why would you conclude women "use" this as weapon? Do you think we want to get punched in the face if we "challenge" a Man on something we believe to be true?

We all need to "step back" and use our "hearts"....Men and Women need each other.....and possibly the "fate" of the World depends on this "devine" cooperation......♥

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SibylofErythrae

Dumb? Yes
More skilled than Most women? Yes
Legal? No

7 Series:

Seriously get over it, it is a fact.
edit on 033030p://6America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2012 15:28:39 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Seriously get over it, it is a fact.

Again, you state an unsupported claim as a fact. When are you going to cite some empirical research to evidence your anecdote, hmm?
edit on 7-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

let's make it a racist thread as well, there'll never be an end to the punishment poor old whitey will get for his history with other cultures.

As a white male I am so utterly disgusted with society in that we endure more racism and sexism than any other group in society.

Reverse racism is no figment of the imagination.

I am piss poor but that doesn't stop indians from poking me in the chest saying that I have some sort of intangeable "white male privilege". Seriously what privilege?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

How many women win Formula 1 racing? There are your facts.
edit on 033030p://6America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2012 15:30:01 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

How many women win Formula 1 racing? There are your facts.
edit on 033030p://6America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2012 15:30:01 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

How many women have walked on the moon? Why? Oh, because men are better at walking.

Your evidence is lacking.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

my chime in on this, most TV shows today show the father as an idiot . i just don't get that most of the father's i know are not stupid men.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join