It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaughterOfARevolver
reply to post by Furbs

a little research and there's a method called ectopic pregnancy in which it is put in abdominal cavity.

excuse my lack of sleep mixed with weird humor and laziness if research earlier today )-:

Perhaps you should research ectopic pregnancy..

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I must say. Some of the pure chauvanism on display in this thread makes me ashamed to own a penis.
edit on 7-6-2012 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaiode1
I must say. Some of the pure chauvanism on display in this thread makes me ashamed to own a penis.

don't know if your talking about me, I hope not, but I tend to agree with you.

Though I have noticed as much chauvanism coming from women as much as men. And in fact more so if you want to go by percentage
edit on 7-6-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Though I have noticed as much chauvanism coming from women as much as men. And in fact more so if you want to go by percentage

I suppose. But whatever sexist remarks made by the women in this thread have pretty much been in retaliation to the remarks made against them. We (the majority of the men on this thread) kinda took it there first.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaiode1
reply to post by tw0330

I suppose. But whatever sexist remarks made by the women in this thread have pretty much been in retaliation to the remarks made against them. We (the majority of the men on this thread) kinda took it there first.

have you been reading the same thread as me? I've noticed quite the opposite, though it has gone both ways.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Women are treated as the Lower sex.
Something happened long long ago.
Stories like the Garden of Eden.

They make woman the one who spoils the Garden of Eden.
But woman gave us knowledge.
What did woman do long ago to get this hate?

Women are physically weaker than men.
But only because men do most of the physical work.
We do have women bodies’ builders.

I believe that long ago women ruled over man.
But something happened. And man took over.
And man has never forgiven woman.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

have you been reading the same thread as me? I've noticed quite the opposite, though it has gone both ways.

I'll agree to disagree.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

most women body builders (at least the ones with giant muscles) are on roids. I'm not saying some aren't natural, but this is fact.

as far as the rest of it, whose to say.
edit on 7-6-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kaiode1

could you point to 5 instances where this was the case and it wasn't instigated by a female poster?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
Women are physically weaker than men.
But only because men do most of the physical work.
We do have women bodies’ builders.

Men have a higher muscle mass to body mass ratio than women.

Take a man and woman of the exact same weight, height, etc...and the man will be potentially stronger.

On average (please note the word) a female would have to have 20%-30% more body mass to have the same muscle mass as male. (100kg male = 120-130 kg female in terms of actual muscle mass present).

Most likely reason is for child bearing.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by celerygeneral

What a truly revolting picture you paint of the masculine form/body/man.

Hopefully a sentiment not grabbed hold of by too many women.

I couldn't think of anything worse than an all woman planet, I'll go out with the fellas if that's the alternative.
My husband resembles none of that, nor do any of my previous relationships, which clearly didn't work, I would never describe any of them like that, because it's simply not true.

That is not something that should be taught to daughters either.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hmm...I understand where you are coming from in terms of feeling that there is sexism against men. But I see both sides of the coin.

The truth is there is sexism on both sides.

For example, I don't know how many times I hear guys joking or making comments among themselves and puffing their chests up in superiority as they talk about how they are so much more logical than women, and women aren't as intelligent, and that's why there's never been a female president because she would not be competent enough to rule. And men rule because women wouldn't be able to make a decision to go to war, or make big important decisions, etc. Just little things like that that irk me.

At times my own hubby (god love him) speaks down to me and treats me like a child if I get emotional about a situation. I am NOT a child, and I am not less smart than he is simply because I wear my emotions on the outside. I still have the ability to think rationally, and the funny thing is in times of true stress (not just a stupid argument) I am the one who remains calm and has to try and talk him down from his emotional swing of anger or frustration.

So, while women may have more rights on paper than men, In my personal every day dealings I still FEEL somewhat inferior to men at times. But I really do understand how you run into situations where a man will feel just as I do.

I know there are men and women who do have the utmost respect for each other and are able to appreciate their differences and accept that we are not all blessed with exactly the same qualities, yet if we come together in understanding and acceptance and appreciation we can meld our weaknesses and our strengths to optimize our life experience. Where one is lacking, the other picks up slack and vice versa. We all have something special to offer each other. It really comes down to respect, and if you feel somebody is not respecting you the way you would like to be as a man or a woman, it's time to walk away, and find somebody who is on the same page as you.

There are billions of people in the world, and they're not all bad. The longer you stay in a toxic relationship with the opposite sex the more you will have the tendancy to start feeling like the entire sex is the same as the one you're with.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

could you point to 5 instances where this was the case and it wasn't instigated by a female poster?

I'm guessing the whole "agreeing to disagree" idea really isn't your thing?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
As a woman, S&F for this post. There is indeed a lot of discrimination against men in our modern society. One thing you didn't mention is the portrayal of men in much of our entertainment. A look at a lot of sitcoms shows that men are typically (not always) portrayed as incompetent, lazy, cowardly, maladjusted, etc. The women in those programs will be the strong one, the sensible one, the organized one. Now, I understand that men and women do have different strengths, and that some of these character flaws are simply poking fun at those differences, but if that was the only goal, why are the flaws of the women never pointed out? Let's be fair! Even some movies are guilty of anti-male discrimination. The Jurassic Park movies are a great example. In the first book, we have two child characters. An older brother, who is a computer geek, and a younger sister, who is the jock of the family. In the movie, though, we get an older sister, who is both the jock AND the computer geek, and a younger brother who serves as comic relief. The second movie went further down the road to feminist pacification. In the book, we have two school friends, both very intelligent, not related to one another or to any of the other characters. In the movie, the male character is totally eliminated, and the girl is now the child of Malcolm. WHY?? What was wrong with the characters Crichton created? Why the changes? The prejudice there seems clear to me. Only in the third movie did we finally get a MALE child character that was worth watching.

The bias isn't imaginary, but real, and it's getting out of control. Another aspect of this (and I am sure I will get criticized for saying this) is the "de-feminization" of women. For a long time, clothing for women has been made to look either genderless or masculine, and women are told they are weak, failures to their gender, if they assume roles traditionally held by women. Stay-at-home-mom? Wow, what a failure! At least, according to society these days. Listen to what your husband says? Oh, you weak woman! At the same time, "alternate" gender practices are touted as good, as normal, and even praised over normalcy. We even get a television show pretending that normal men can't dress themselves or decorate their homes without the help of a homosexual man. Give me a break already!

I LIKE having doors opened for me, like having the man do the heavy lifting, the repairs, etc. I have ZERO desire to hold down a career instead of raising my children. Tossing them to other people to raise just for prestige? No, thanks. Now, I know some have to work, and I am not attacking them in any way. Been there, done that. Didn't like it, though. I would much prefer the society-shunned traditional role of MOM. Just mom. "Just".

As a wife and mother, I think it's a crime against our children the way society treats men these days. The men are resentful (and rightly so), many women believe these new "standards", families fall apart, and the kids suffer. They don't get to grow up in a family with a strong, protective father, and a caring mother. They have to be in broken homes, or homes with very little parental involvement. Raised in day cares, in public schools. This does affect the kids. Seen that myself. One raised with me working most of the time had a lot more behavioral issues than the ones that have been able to enjoy me being home regularly. Plus, that same one that had me working also spent some formative years without a father around. YES, that matters. It matters a LOT.

Don't give up, guys. There are still plenty of women around that want a strong male figure, a person they can lean on for support, a real father for their children. A man that is the strong one. Not that we are weak, but having someone to lean on in private is a good thing. Some of us still appreciate men. Yes, there are some that would prefer no traditional figures of ANY kind (they start with men, but they want feminine women gone after that), but they are NOT the majority. Right now, they simply have more control than they should ever have been given.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Ok...

1. Freedom of speech. Often violated when men use it. Men are constantly getting arrested for using their freedom of speech where as women are frequently just told off and told to go home.

2. Fair and equal treatment in hospitals. Women are served first and treated better at most medical establishments. Male doctors especially treat them with far more respect.

3. The right to a fair trial. Women are released all the time by judges for exactly the same offense as men get put in prison for.

4. Look at prostitution. It is illegal but instead of arresting the prostitute, the police wait for the man to show up and arrest him instead. The women do get arrested but not treated like dirt by police as a result.

5. Equal opportunities in the work place. Male bosses are far more likely to hire a female worker or promote one than they are a male. Reducing the amount of work available for males. Look at : child care, nursing, midwifery..they are all jobs which men can do but are not hired for in favor of women. How many "Men only" jobs that women can do, do you see out there?

Personally I think the whole equal rights thing went beyond equal and has ended up with men being treated as low level counterparts to females. Expendable cash machines. If he is working and giving you money then you are fine for a while, if he is not working and not giving you money then he is useless. However, if a female is not working then that's just dandy!. If he has a lot of money then just marry him for it, then divorce him and win 50% of everything he worked hard for, for doing absolutely nothing, come up with some excuse like : "I put so much effort into our relationship but all hid did was work". SO if he's not working he's useless, if he is working then he's not paying enough attention to you and that means he should give you half his stuff.
If you have an affair with some guy from your work then it must be because of something your husband did in your relationship but you should divorce him and get 50% of his stuff. If he has an affair then you have to divorce him and get 50% of his stuff.
Look how many homeless women there are in comparison to men. Why is it so disproportionate? because women will always find a guy who is willing to take care of them. They don't have to work to have a house and a car, they just marry a guy and he will give them all that.

Equal rights meas EQUAL. Identical in EVERY way. Women can't say "Well we want the right to vote for the president, but we don't want to work and pay taxes which pays for the government" You can't pick and choose what you want equal treatment on like you have done. All or nothing.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

If I'm carrying the child, then I have the right to be selfish about whether I want to carry it or not. Period. I'm going to be the one doing all the work until the child is born. I have all the responsibilities, therefore I have all the rights.

And whether you like it or not, I, as the woman, am going to be the one that's the host to a parasite for the next nine months. If I don't want it, then you have absolutely no right to make me keep it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wewillrise77
OH NO's.... What a can of worms you have dug up here.......

OK, I'll spill... I am a Stay at home Dad. The reason for this is my Wife ears far more than I ever could and we decided it would be best for our child to keep me at home...
From the beginning, I've been running into brick walls.
No Mothers Group would allow me there due to a Muslim or 2 in the group.. "Our family is mixed race so I'm not racist..."
Going into baby change rooms at local Shopping centres. I've had Security called on me a few times..
Dragging a kicking and screaming toddler to the car while he was throwing a tantrum caused a police response..
I find it funny that Women want equal rights yet can't adjust to a Male doing their role???
*snip*

Hey, if you being home is what works, more power to you! I am sure your kids appreciate what you do for them. As a stay-at-home-mom, I can understand the put-downs you surely hear, though I am certain you get more of that than moms in the same position. I guess those mothers groups don't know that discrimination is illegal!

That baby-changing thing....wow, that brings back a memory! My oldest was a problem teen. No drugs or anything like that, but VERY rebellious. Once, when we were out running errands or something, she decided to get out of the car and take off, claiming she wasn't coming back. Well, knowing how dangerous that could be for a teenage girl in a city, my husband ran after her, and basically carried her back to the car. Had I done that, no one would probably have said a thing. In this case, someone called the cops, assuming an abduction. I guess I could understand, to a point, since she was throwing a fit, but I don't think we would have had the same response if I'd been the one bringing her back to the car.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
So, because our grandfathers (most who are dead or close to it) were sexist against our grandmothers, today our sons don't get the same rights of our daughters and in most cases less rights.

Makes since to me.

Huh, can we say over compensation.

Of course, most of them were NOT that way. Mine wasn't (the one I knew), and my dad wasn't that way, either. I don't think nearly as many were as some want us to believe. part of the problem is the idea that raising the children and tending the home is somehow "not important", or menial in some way. The decline in good behavior, the increase in teenage sex and other issues, all show it's a very important role, and one that's being neglexted to the detriment of all of us, just so some people can feel superior.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miyuki
reply to post by Furbs

Ok...

1. Freedom of speech. Often violated when men use it. Men are constantly getting arrested for using their freedom of speech where as women are frequently just told off and told to go home.

Please cite your source or you are merely spouting unsubstantiated rhetoric. Also, you must understand that for something to be sexist one needs to find 1. a clear bias as a reasoning for the action, 2. systematic rights violations against the target group by a single perpetrator, or 3. the state sanctioned bias in accordance with a law.

2. Fair and equal treatment in hospitals. Women are served first and treated better at most medical establishments. Male doctors especially treat them with far more respect.

Again, you need to cite something more tangible than mere anecdotal rhetoric.

[quoite]3. The right to a fair trial. Women are released all the time by judges for exactly the same offense as men get put in prison for.

This is a serious charge. Do you happen to know of any judges that have preferential treatment of women over men? This is something that needs to be addressed if you can find evidence to support your claim.

4. Look at prostitution. It is illegal but instead of arresting the prostitute, the police wait for the man to show up and arrest him instead. The women do get arrested but not treated like dirt by police as a result.

Both prostitute and john are arrested to my knowledge. Again, if you have evidence to the contrary, please cite it so that we can all benefit from the wealth of this knowledge.

5. Equal opportunities in the work place. Male bosses are far more likely to hire a female worker or promote one than they are a male. Reducing the amount of work available for males. Look at : child care, nursing, midwifery..they are all jobs which men can do but are not hired for in favor of women. How many "Men only" jobs that women can do, do you see out there?

You certainly are NOT using Equal Opportunities in the workplace to evidence male subjugation. Women are not afforded even afforded equal protection under the law. Again, any evidence to back up your claims of sexist hiring practices would be appreciated.

Have you noticed the inherent sexism in your claims? Male Doctors do this.. Male Boss do that..

Personally I think the whole equal rights thing went beyond equal and has ended up with men being treated as low level counterparts to females. Expendable cash machines. If he is working and giving you money then you are fine for a while, if he is not working and not giving you money then he is useless. However, if a female is not working then that's just dandy!. If he has a lot of money then just marry him for it, then divorce him and win 50% of everything he worked hard for, for doing absolutely nothing, come up with some excuse like : "I put so much effort into our relationship but all hid did was work". SO if he's not working he's useless, if he is working then he's not paying enough attention to you and that means he should give you half his stuff.
If you have an affair with some guy from your work then it must be because of something your husband did in your relationship but you should divorce him and get 50% of his stuff. If he has an affair then you have to divorce him and get 50% of his stuff.
Look how many homeless women there are in comparison to men. Why is it so disproportionate? because women will always find a guy who is willing to take care of them. They don't have to work to have a house and a car, they just marry a guy and he will give them all that.

Equal rights meas EQUAL. Identical in EVERY way. Women can't say "Well we want the right to vote for the president, but we don't want to work and pay taxes which pays for the government" You can't pick and choose what you want equal treatment on like you have done. All or nothing.

Wow. You need to work out your hostility toward women, friend.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

i grew up in world were women said to be equal to men and as ive gotten older i have seen that not to be true, women are better at certain aspects of this life, as men are better at certain aspects of this life, WE ARE NOT EQUAL, we can and have for years lived together and obviously succeed since our word population is going up, i think the whole feminist movement is just a bandwagon for sheep to jump on to make themselves feel as there not part of the heard, and i swear to God if another chick with a fohawk tries to punch me i will treat her as if she was a man(BINK...right in the jaw)........EQUALITY FOR ALL
edit on 7-6-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

Your sexism is showing.

Why wouldn't you defend yourself from anyone trying to attack you, regardless of gender? Your reluctance to hit a woman is your own sexism, not anyone else's.

and im curious do you not think that women are better at certain aspects of life just as men are, sure u can train at anything, but inherently or instinctively are the two genders not differnt?

Gender is a social construct, not a biological one. I would answer your question, if it were a little clearer. Can you cite examples of what you are talking about in regards to advantages one sex has over another?

men are more suited for hard labor, women are more suited for survival-genetics
not to say an individual cant reverse or be born into these rolls due to training and genetic anomalys

a women that bore a child from ones womb that grew out of ones body defiantly makes one have different emotions and values than a a man who basically only had to bust a nut to have his offspring
again not to say there are certain individuals that would prove this statement wrong, i am speculating on the general population( for instance ive seen men with better motherly instincts than women, but not a conman thing)

and to be frank how many women compared to men want and enjoy a good beating weather it be given,taken or both, being a man of the general public i have noticed that women(not every one) like to sit around and and chat, were as men when together (not every man) like to test themselves physically(sparing ) and or mentally(not to say women don't test themselves just not in the same way as men do. WE ARE DIFFERENT. and you say gender roles are of product of society,yet it seems to me gender roles were always there and infused into our society just as anything else that is necessary for our society to grow. i am curious are you a feminist?

I am still not following you, but I think you would do well from reading some of Jared Diamonds books.

since i am not able to convey my thoughts in a way u can understand, i ask you this, do animals have different roles in the wild based on there gender, sure different species can differ for instance the male fish that raises his babys in his mouth, or the female kangaroo that carry's a baby in her pouch, there is a reason we have two main genders, why try and argue that unless a feminist just trying to stir up issues

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join