It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Declared Winner by Fox News/CNN/MSNBC.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
I would not get so comfortable with that. Sounds like a prime example of a department that will get outsourced, because a firm that specializes in what you do, can do it cheaper.

Wrong. I am in industrial sales and have face-to-face relationships with the people I deal with plus the skills to get the deal closed. I can identify on-site issues and present an effective and viable solution to customer challenges which are also mutually profitable to my company. This is not an out-sourceable job, a telemarketer can not effectively do what I do on a consistent day-to-day basis.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
A vote for union busting and Corporate power. Who said Turkey's don't vote for Christmas

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Beanskinner

People can hoop and holler all about the money spent...it doesn't really matter in the long run as it was the populace that voted, not the cash.

As for lies, both sides do it, but the Dems keep getting caught up in them. A good lie should have at least a grain of truth to it.

I gotta admit, the guy crying on CNN cracked me up.

People should hoop and holler all about the money spent. Seeing how the person that won had to get most of the money for his campaign from out of state.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
I could care less who won because I'm not from that state. But it is wrong to start projecting who won before the polls close because it does influence voters.

They did not project the winners until AFTER the polls closed. Look at the time stamp on the Original Post.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beanskinner

7-1 money is pretty good

That is a Hitler quote, correct?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Bull#.

It was probably rigged. After all, Walker has the Koch Brothers on his side.

Right, because people who wanted a balanced budget and wanted to stop footing the bill for public unions had nothing to do with it.

I hear Greece calling you.....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Count up how many times 7-1 has been said in this thread already

Its all they've got. They're not too concerned when its their side that wins the money game, though. Nor are they concerned when the same corporations donate to Democrats in other races as a means of hedging their bets. They only complain when they lose. In the end, they can run all the ads they want, but people still have to vote.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beanskinner
All Hail the Corporation!

Romney/Walmart 2012!

Oh no, JOBS! Judging by the people who support Obama, you would think jobs and profit were the worst things that could happen to this country.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It wasn't so much a defeat for Labor as it was a win for Fascism. You don't fix a broken finger by amputating the arm.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by whywhynot
reply to post by Xtrozero

Hey those bolts can be tricky man!

Righty-tighty, lefty-lucy.

You'll get the bill in the mail. Charges?

Union supervision of typing in reply - $250.00
Union Journeyman actually saying it - $225.00
Union apprentice who actually did all the work - $15.00

Total?

$490.00
edit on 5-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Ah, but it cost the company much more that that.
A member of management brushed against the keyboard before the apprentice started typing, so all three filed a grievance for eight hours pay.
The company passed the cost on to the consumers.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

You sir, hit the nail on the head!

I agree whole heartedly. I hope this starts to move across the country. Personally sick of the Public Unions holding the American taxpayers over a barrel with over the top wages and benefits.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
It wasn't so much a defeat for Labor as it was a win for Fascism. You don't fix a broken finger by amputating the arm.

The scary thing is you and the rest of the MSNBC crew actually believe this....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

You automatically assume that I don't think people have a legit grievance with Labor. Obviously a significant amount of people are concerned, unfortunately that concern was nursed into anger and hatred so much so that people arrived at the opposite end of the spectrum without exploring options in between. Union busting is not going to end well even if it happens peacefully, which it won't.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I am really proud of the union members and the people who crossed party lines to do what they thought was right for the state.

Amazing
edit on 073030p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Kali........900k + signed those recall petitions. You cant tell me that those,who wanted to defeat Walker,for what ever reason,couldn't get the voters to come out. NO ONE listened to the ads on both sides. People were sick of them. What people remembered,out of all this was,a bunch of folks closing down the State,when a Governor made some tough decisions,for public Unions,because the LAST Governor for 8 years,could tell those Unions,enough was enough.The State was in the RED. Unemployment for Milwaukee is 11%. The State is at 6.7% Barrett had NO chance. Obama left him out to dry also. Wisconsin voted for smaller Government,and fiscal responsibility.Period.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Wisconsin voted for smaller Government,and fiscal responsibility.Period.

I understand that is the concept but I think the reality of it will play out much differently.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I understand that is the concept but I think the reality of it will play out much differently.

I hope it plays out,the way it was designed to, actually. If Walker screws up,his last 2 years,he will have to answer for it. People are sick and tired of Politicians,who have no answers,and slide through their 4 years,of doing absolutely nothing.Right or wrong,Walker has tried. Walker is right on moving forward also. I know people so divided by this,they don't talk to each other anymore. I am proud of the turnout,here in the State.It speaks volumes.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This is the left?
twitchy.com...

They are building up a lot of bad karma.

The same nasty attitudes and snarky comments I have seen posted all over the internet for years, will be their demise.

Keep it classy folks.
edit on 073030p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

With over 60% of the precincts reporting Fox News is calling Scott Walker the winner of the Wisconsin recall election. He currently has nearly 60% of the vote with the current tally in what is an obvious repudiation of Mayor Barrett's pro-spending, pro-public union sentiment.

The implications for the November election are enormous as President Obama declined to invlove himself in the recall election, apart from a tweet earlier in the week. This lack of belief in the Barrett campaign indicates that he did not want to link himself with a failed candidate and further jeopardize the upcoming Presidential election.

The message sent by the people of Wisconsin was quite clear as the turnout and results move this into the 'mandate' category.

edit on 5-6-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

Eh...that's OK. Walker will be indicted in the John Doe investigation soon enough.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

reply to post by sonnny1

I hope it plays out,the way it was designed to, actually. If Walker screws up,his last 2 years,he will have to answer for it. People are sick and tired of Politicians,who have no answers,and slide through their 4 years,of doing absolutely nothing.Right or wrong,Walker has tried. Walker is right on moving forward also. I know people so divided by this,they don't talk to each other anymore. I am proud of the turnout,here in the State.It speaks volumes.

Well...Walker claims he "made a mistake" with collective bargaining, right? If he wants to "move forward" then why doesn't propose legislation to fix his "mistake" and start healing the divide as a good faith gesture?

Answer: Because he's a bought-and-paid for professional liar.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join