It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Declared Winner by Fox News/CNN/MSNBC.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
This is the left?
twitchy.com...

They are building up a lot of bad karma.

The same nasty attitudes and snarky comments I have seen posted all over the internet for years, will be their demise.

Keep it classy folks.
edit on 073030p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Thats not a Lib thing. Thats a Ignorant thing. THEY ALL will be getting a visit,from the Police. Trust me.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I am really proud of the union members and the people who crossed party lines to do what they thought was right for the state.

Amazing
edit on 073030p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Doing what you "think" is right and standing up for what you "believe" in is only a virtue when it isn't completely fu&*ing stupid.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Concerned about how much money Walker spent ?

Excuse me didn't Obama set all records?

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Over 90% of the voters polled said they thought the recall was unfair and should only happen when corruption is the issue.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Obama said everyone should make sacrifices, guess that now applies to unions too.
...but then, uncounted ballots will soon be popping out of the trunks of cars,

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Well...Walker claims he "made a mistake" with collective bargaining, right? If he wants to "move forward" then why doesn't propose legislation to fix his "mistake" and start healing the divide as a good faith gesture?

Good faith,should have been handed to the public,8 years prior. I didn't see Unions giving into "good faith",when they were robing Wisconsin Taxpayers,blind......did you ? I didnt see them giving in,while Wisconsin went broke,did you? Whats done is done.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Bull#.

It was probably rigged. After all, Walker has the Koch Brothers on his side.

With all of the troubles that this country faces, union bashing is something that belongs on the back-burner.

Election fraud was rampant. The poor neighbors in all the metro areas had one or two polling locations w/ VERY limited parking and a wait of anywhere from 2-5 hours to vote....then they "ran out of ballots" about a half hour before the polls closed.

Meanwhile, wealthy areas enjoyed all the ballots their hearts desired 20-30min wait times.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Sort of gives a new meaning to "cheeseheads"

en.wikipedia.org...

"People that bend over and take it for their corporate masters"

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Well...Walker claims he "made a mistake" with collective bargaining, right? If he wants to "move forward" then why doesn't propose legislation to fix his "mistake" and start healing the divide as a good faith gesture?

Good faith,should have been handed to the public,8 years prior. I didn't see Unions giving into "good faith",when they were robing Wisconsin Taxpayers,blind......did you ? I didnt see them giving in,while Wisconsin went broke,did you? Whats done is done.

Given that I'm a Wisconsin resident...yes...I DID SEE THEM GIVING IN, NEGOTIATING, AND VOLUNTARILY OFFERING TO CUT THEIR SALARIES TO HELP THE STATE THROUGH THE ECONOMIC CRISIS.

Unfortunately...Walker wouldn't even talk to them and his slave-owners required him to legislatively deprive people of their rights.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Election fraud was rampant. The poor neighbors in all the metro areas had one or two polling locations w/ VERY limited parking and a wait of anywhere from 2-5 hours to vote....then they "ran out of ballots" about a half hour before the polls closed.

Meanwhile, wealthy areas enjoyed all the ballots their hearts desired 20-30min wait times.

Oh please..................

Barrett runs Milwaukee ! He cant make voting for him,accessible ? Come on..........cry me a river.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

...and besides...if "what's done is done" then there is no "moving forward", right? Since "what's done is done" you'll be happy to know that I will be inquiring when the next opportunity will be to recall Walker again. I'm not an attorney...but I sincerely hope that I am able to sign another petition TOMORROW so we can just go ahead and do this all over again.

What's done is done.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
The message sent by the people of Wisconsin was quite clear as the turnout and results move this into the 'mandate' category.

"Mandate" is pretty debatable. His opponent was, by all accounts, a terrible candidate. Also, he had a an 8/1 advantage in campaign funding, which is pretty much an impossible thing to overcome.

link   

Given that I'm a Wisconsin resident...yes...I DID SEE THEM GIVING IN, NEGOTIATING, AND VOLUNTARILY OFFERING TO CUT THEIR SALARIES TO HELP THE STATE THROUGH THE ECONOMIC CRISIS.

Care to show me where this was happening,under Jim Doyle? That's WHY we were in the red.WHY wernt they doing this 8 years prior?
They wanted concessions,only THEY would agree to.You cant bargain,with Unions,you know that........................

link   

Oh please..................

Barrett runs Milwaukee ! He cant make voting for him,accessible ? Come on..........cry me a river.

Ummm...no...he can't. Especially since all polling locations are provided ballots by the STATE govt. and they voting districts were overcrowded due to the Walker admin. "rezoning" of the state districts in early 2011. Besides...who's talking about just Milwaukee?

Your ignorance is astounding.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Ummm...no...he can't. Especially since all polling locations are provided ballots by the STATE govt. and they voting districts were overcrowded due to the Walker admin. "rezoning" of the state districts in early 2011. Besides...who's talking about just Milwaukee?

Your ignorance is astounding.

No,I am laughing cause I live in Milwaukee(a METRO Area),and had no problems voting. Crying fraud,and crying about not having enough ballots,is what the losing Party does,in EVERY election.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Care to show me where this was happening,under Jim Doyle? That's WHY we were in the red.WHY wernt they doing this 8 years prior?
They wanted concessions,only THEY would agree to.You cant bargain,with Unions,you know that........................

I'm all FOR getting rid of labor unions...on the same day that we also outlaw all trade associations, special interest groups, lobbying activities of all kinds, religious endorsement/donations to political candidates, and corporate campaign donations of any kind. That would TRULY be a policy against "collective bargaining" and TRULY return the power to the individual voter...right?

Isn't the National Milk Producers Federation basically a "union" of dairy farmers who "collectively bargain" to leech subsidies off the federal and state taxpayers teat? Isn't a church these days more or less a "union" of people who have exceptionally poor critical thinking skills who frequently "collectively bargain" to deny people access to medications which were legally prescribed by their doctor?

Unfortunately...as much as I disagree with idea of labor unions on a theoretical basis I think we DESPERATELY need them to provide a bit of "checks and balances" to corporate power and other special interests groups run amok.

...but if you want to get ALL of the BS out of politics and government...then I'm right there with you.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Now the law suits and claims of election fraud will begin; as they should. The GOP/RNC would have done the same thing if the result would have gone the other way. This election is far from over.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

7/1 ... 8/1 ... 10/1 ...

Maybe the unions should have ponied up some more cash ... oh yeah that's right now that people have been given a choice they're not playing the union reindeer games anymore

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Beanskinner
Money won Wisconsin!

I think the fact that they now have a balanced budget and reduced unemployment may have played a small role in the defeat of Barrett.

Also, property taxes are going down.

There will be no more - sweetheart deals - for the unions.

The people of Wisconsin have spoken.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

And how many votes did that cost ?

If it even happened.

Was all that on the news shows ?

Where was the Mayor ??

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
Now the law suits and claims of election fraud will begin; as they should. The GOP/RNC would have done the same thing if the result would have gone the other way. This election is far from over.

All the more reason why the REAL issue which the states & fed govt must confront is ELECTION REFORM instead of worrying about the budgetary boogeyman.

This means:
- Open standards for allowing candidates on ALL ballots to make it possible/plausible for a third, fourth, or even fifth party to gain momentum.

- A double or even triple verification process in voting to better ensure the integrity of the vote. Perhaps something like a paper ballot with a carbon copy for the voter which then must be independently verified online before being tabulated via an encrypted voter portal or some such thing. There must be some way to allow for an allow anonymity for the INDIVIDUAL while still being able to keep the counting/tabulating "out in the open".

- A system of runoff voting in which people vote for/or rank a NUMBER of candidates for one particular political office. For example, imagine if there were no Presidential primaries...just one great big election in which everybody for THREE candidates or ranked three candidates in order of preference and the candidate with either the most votes or the highest average rank won the election. Instead of creating a culture war of two polarized viewpoints this sort of election normally results in the LEAST DIVISIVE/MOST MODERATE candidate being selected as the one with the "most votes" is actually the LEAST OBJECTIONABLE to the population as a whole.

Seems like a good idea to me given that whether or not someone is on the "right" or the "left" they perceive that their only recourse is to dig in their heels and not cooperate w/ the other side of the fence if there opponent wins. Likewise the winning side these days seems to consider a 5-point spread as being some sort of heavenly "mandate" which allows them to completely disregard 45% of their constituents.

Perhaps a bit of moderation is what we REALLY need more than anything.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join