It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Scott Walker Declared Winner by Fox News/CNN/MSNBC.

page: 9
29
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
We need to have a replacement ready to go that includes tort reform.


Tort reform?
You want the government to tell private citizens how they can use civil law against private companys?

You some kind of socialist?!!!
Show me where in the constitution it says you can dictate to citizens how they can interact with private legal companies?

What hypocrisy...if they do it, its socialism, if we do it, its totally logical.
pfffft. disingenuous.



Tort Reform has already been passed in Texas.


Just look at the ripple effects of their actions.


- Texas Tort Reform -

----------
Now that we have momentum in Wisconsin, we need to push forward and continue to

- Restore America -.




posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


Well, lets just keep a close eye on Wisconsin.

My prediction is that this time next year Wisconsin will see its unemployment

rate fall from 6.7% to 5.8%.

Small businesses will grow the economy.


--------------
At the same time keep an eye on Illinois.

Illinois will continue to deteriorate.


Well, hopefully that is true across the nation (wisconsin) in general...whatever works, even if it is illogical.
But I would rather have higher unemployment than have minimum wage jobs prop up numbers artificially.

Anyhow, it would go opposite of the current trend under walker

Unemployment started rising rapidly when he removed col-barg. But surely the trickle down will work any day now...

So far, logic is still in control here...



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


Are the contextual differences between public sector unions and private sector unions that lost on people? I understand some people have agendas, but even the most hardened union sack washer can't be this dense.

And, you understand that you're taking Reagan out of context right? Reagan, unlike the union sack washers, was aware there is a distinction between public and private sector unions. Read the full transcript of the speech you're cherry picking and you'll see he's talking about George Meeny. Feel free to look up some of Meeny's ideas on public sector unions. You're gonna be a bit disappointed.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by nenothtu

I get pretty tired of hearing the Koch Brothers salted in to every conversation about Wisconsin, as if they were relevant. They're not, in this conversation.


Hmmm...Let me ask you this...Do you think the Koch Brothers are stupid? Do you think they would spend tens of Millions of dollars in Wisconsin to support Walker if they thought it would not be "relevant"?

To claim that money does not influence elections seems an overly egregious concession of logic to idealogy.


Stupid, no. Relevant to the public sector employers setting their foot down on the excesses of their employees? Also no.




Yes, Statistics are often used to lie...I am familair with the qoute and took several course in statistics in college as well.

That is why in that same course you likely learned how to discern between bad statistics and surveys and good ones? Ones that are relevant and ones that are not?


What I took from the class is that NO statistics are "good" or "bad", they are simply statistics, useful for propaganda, and not much else.



I appreciate you have an idealogy and an opinion, but from a pure intellectual standpoint I'd expect more honesty than simply declaring that all statistics lie and that one survey is not better than the next. Especially from someone that apparently has attended a college level statistics course.


I took Physics and Astronomy at University. I never found anything particularly scientific about statistical manipulations - especially as employed by politicians, nor do I base my own opinion on the statistical opinions of others.






edit on 2012/6/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
We need to have a replacement ready to go that includes tort reform.


Tort reform?
You want the government to tell private citizens how they can use civil law against private companys?

You some kind of socialist?!!!
Show me where in the constitution it says you can dictate to citizens how they can interact with private legal companies?

What hypocrisy...if they do it, its socialism, if we do it, its totally logical.
pfffft. disingenuous.



Tort Reform has already been passed in Texas.


Just look at the ripple effects of their actions.


- Texas Tort Reform -

----------
Now that we have momentum in Wisconsin, we need to push forward and continue to

- Restore America -.


So, you are for socialism so long as it has good effects?
You are therefore a socialist..

Tort reform is big government hand dictating civilian procedures...it is the exact opposite your "crew" pretends to rally against.
Where is the tea party here?
Why is this clear communist/socialist/marxist idea fine with the so called party of freedom?

Tell me Comrade..why do you personally support Tort reform?



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


The goal is to reduce the unemployment rate down to 4% all across America.

President Mitt Romney will create an environment for that to happen.

The 4% unemployment rate will create a tidal wave of payroll taxes that will

wash away the Obama $1 Trillion deficits.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Actually most tallies put it closer to 10 times the money and yes the fiscal lesson is clear, Money corrupts politics and furthers the already historically unprecedented income disparity in the United States of America.



That would be a political lesson, not a fiscal one.

Money talks, BS walks, and it always has, always will.

BUT you have to GET them money first.

Walker seems to have been a bit better at that than his opposition. There might even be another political lesson in there that you are missing....



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
just another day know we all know who this country
... Corporations



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmconslaught
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


Are the contextual differences between public sector unions and private sector unions that lost on people? I understand some people have agendas, but even the most hardened union sack washer can't be this dense.

And, you understand that you're taking Reagan out of context right? Reagan, unlike the union sack washers, was aware there is a distinction between public and private sector unions. Read the full transcript of the speech you're cherry picking and you'll see he's talking about George Meeny. Feel free to look up some of Meeny's ideas on public sector unions. You're gonna be a bit disappointed.

This movement was to defang all forms of union under the demand of corporations whom want to make a greater profit.
If your even mildly curious, check out where the bulk of the 30m given to the walker defense campaign came from...the picture becomes quite clear.
Its a movement to remove unions across the board..all unions, not just public.
The more disfunctional you can make government, the more you can build up stats to show how government...is disfunctional and its better to just shove everything into the private sector.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
We need to have a replacement ready to go that includes tort reform.


Tort reform?
You want the government to tell private citizens how they can use civil law against private companys?

You some kind of socialist?!!!
Show me where in the constitution it says you can dictate to citizens how they can interact with private legal companies?

What hypocrisy...if they do it, its socialism, if we do it, its totally logical.
pfffft. disingenuous.



Tort Reform has already been passed in Texas.


Just look at the ripple effects of their actions.


- Texas Tort Reform -

----------
Now that we have momentum in Wisconsin, we need to push forward and continue to

- Restore America -.


So, you are for socialism so long as it has good effects?
You are therefore a socialist..

Tort reform is big government hand dictating civilian procedures...it is the exact opposite your "crew" pretends to rally against.
Where is the tea party here?
Why is this clear communist/socialist/marxist idea fine with the so called party of freedom?

Tell me Comrade..why do you personally support Tort reform?


Just read the article link to the WSJ.

They simply put a cap of $250,000 on non-economic damages per defendant.

You see the trial lawyers have been making out like bandits.$$$

Obama is in bed with the trial lawyers.

Obama completely ignored tort reform in his ObamaCare.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Actually, the cost was the loss of economic viability for the middle class in Wisconsin due to the loss of power through collective bargaining.



I do all my bargaining individually, yet somehow manage to remain economically viable. Who knew?

Collective bargaining is for wussies who can't stand on their own. I stopped running in gangs a long time ago.



Sometimes there are some statements that come down the line so profoundly short sighted that I simply ignore it due to its sheer lunacy.
That was one of those statements.
I am only responding so others can take note. Chances are, I won't be responding to much more from you as you offer nothing based in any sound logic, reality, or even slight degree of philosophical principles.

If you don't understand why, well..actually..it wouldn't surprise me if you personally don't understand why. This statement says it all (also reminds me so how far outside the fringe many on ATS are.)



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
My humble take on the subject?




posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Just read the article link to the WSJ.

They simply put a cap of $250,000 on non-economic damages per defendant.

You see the trial lawyers have been making out like bandits.$$$

Obama is in bed with the trial lawyers.

Obama completely ignored tort reform in his ObamaCare.


Oh, so you want to punish success of lawyers and have government install rules on private companys and citizens

Welcome to the red. I see what you are now. Karl Marx would be proud..there is no argument you can say about this stance that isn't clearly claiming your communist desires (since you lot redefined communism).

Why do you want to punish success?



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   



The Democrats took over the Senate, though how much sway they will have is questionable as Wisconsin is odd...the Senate is in "recess" for the rest of the year and can only vote if called back into session by Walker.

/quote]

It doesn't mean anything. There is another round of elections in November with 1/3 of the Senate in play. So if the majority changes (21st district still isn't decided, although it looks like Leyman won), the Republican's can take it back before January.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


Lets just follow Texas and see what happens.

I think you are overreacting. Tort reform is a good thing and long overdue.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


Thanks for the bump!

I noticed how you claimed I was spouting "lunacy" and "illogic", and was being "short sighted", but utterly failed to counter it or even show just where you think it is...

I'll bet there's a reason for that....


edit on 2012/6/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Regarding tort reform:
I am familiar with a case where a woman was in an automobile accident which was no fault of her own. She sideswiped a tractor-trailer that ran a stop sign.
She had no physical injuries from the accident.
She filed a lawsuit claiming that she was traumatized, even having her husband claim that their sexual relations were diminished by the accident.
She ended up getting a $250,000 out of court settlement from the trucking company (to avoid paying even more in a civil trial).
This kind of crap happens all the time. She didn't deserve a quarter of a million dollars. She should have been paid to repair/replace her car.
What is the answer, if tort reform isn't?



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
My humble take on the subject?




Well if we look at how long it is taking Cons to get over Obama winning...

It could be years



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
My humble take on the subject?



No.

Obama is still hiding under his desk.


-------
Our Double Agent Bill Clinton just slammed another torpedo into Obamas

flagship re-election campaign. -- "US is already in a - recession- !"

"extend the Bush Tax Cuts."

I can hear Obama on the phone already " Damn it Hillary !!!"



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Regarding tort reform:
I am familiar with a case where a woman was in an automobile accident which was no fault of her own. She sideswiped a tractor-trailer that ran a stop sign.
She had no physical injuries from the accident.
She filed a lawsuit claiming that she was traumatized, even having her husband claim that their sexual relations were diminished by the accident.
She ended up getting a $250,000 out of court settlement from the trucking company (to avoid paying even more in a civil trial).
This kind of crap happens all the time. She didn't deserve a quarter of a million dollars. She should have been paid to repair/replace her car.
What is the answer, if tort reform isn't?


And then there are cases where people are mangled,burnt, slowly poisoned or

have the wrong limb cut off. I am not sure why conservatives want to limit

the freedom people have in trying to achieve recourse. One or even a Hundred

bad actors does not mean there aren't more good actors.




top topics



 
29
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join