It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Declared Winner by Fox News/CNN/MSNBC.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Bull#.

It was probably rigged. After all, Walker has the Koch Brothers on his side.

With all of the troubles that this country faces, union bashing is something that belongs on the back-burner.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Bullshyte.

It was probably rigged. After all, Walker has the Koch Brothers on his side.

With all of the troubles that this country faces, union bashing is something that belongs on the back-burner.

Probably?

I doubt there has been a valid election in decades, and that is being generous, With the electronic voting machines any semblance of validity flew out the window.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I don't think it was rigged. The people of Wisconsin are a frugal bunch. Things are getting tight, the economy is sluggish and we aren't going to wait for the fed to bail us out.

You can't spend yourself out of debt, the people of Wisconsin know this. The public unions got slashed for good reason. They had free healthcare. They paid nothing, all in the union contract. Is that fair? They had free retirement, you know what people did? They retired, then came back part time getting two pay checks. Is that fair? The public unions screwed themselves and there are more of us than them.

Sorry, Walker put Wisconsin back on track. When this country starts falling apart at the seams due to reckless spending and entitlements for the few. You will look to Wisconsin and see that a small tighten of the belt now would have made the world of a difference.

My property taxes went down last year for the first time in 13 years. My employer hired 10 people in the last year. 10 doesn't sound like a lot but when you start with 68 and end up with 78 over the course of a year, it's a lot.

I live here, I see the changes, they are good.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Look where the money's going tough guy - ALL to the banks that stole Trillions from

this country. I'm starting to think you guys are not smart

Republicans and Conservatives have ALEC which is the primary arm of corporatism in America

You are to chicken to own what you represent and who represents you

So STFU

edit on 6-6-2012 by Beanskinner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beanskinner

American Conservatives are ushering in a Banana Republic, where the facade of Elections
is kept up, but money dictates the outcome.

Isn't that Hitler quote too?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Beanskinner

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Big gov't + big corporations= big trouble
edit on 5-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: spollinh

In America that translation is

REPUBLICANS

University of California $1,648,685
Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Harvard University $878,164
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
Sidley Austin LLP $600,298
Stanford University $595,716
National Amusements Inc $563,798
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
Columbia University $547,852
Skadden, Arps et al $543,539
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
General Electric $529,855
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232
Latham & Watkins $503,295

Obama Top Contributors

Obama is a REPUBLICAN?

AHHHHHHH #, a bomb just went off in here

Yup ALL the multi national banks are banking on Conservatives so they can create another bubble

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Dems need to go home and lick their wounds.

Maybe even call the WA-AHambulance.

Hey here's something for you.

THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE!

Throwing a temper tantrum everytime something doesn't go your way turns most folk off, from either side. And people are not listening to the baseless accusations anymore either.

Ya think that maybe it's time for a new strategy?

Oh, and riots are not a new strategy, they're just plain stupid.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Now I wish everyone that signed the recall would have to pay for it. Everyone is stuck with that bill now. It would also deter people in the future from signing something out of "peer pressure".

You should have seen it here, the recall people were like roaches and if you didn't agree to sign it they hassled you.

I'm certain a lot of the signatures were from people that were just uncomfortable in that situation and signed to get out of it.

I'm not kidding or over exaggerating. It was bad.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I feel for my fellow Wisconsinites, they've been subjected to election politics for four years now.

I just hope that they don't burn out before November.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Just as a side note yahoo has a lead story of Jewels new perfect teeth and Romney stricks it rich in Texas. They dont even have the election listed in the news. I guess some of the media did take it pretty had.
edit on 6-6-2012 by David134 because: cant spell

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Dems need to go home and lick their wounds.

Maybe even call the WA-AHambulance.

Hey here's something for you.

THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE!

Throwing a temper tantrum everytime something doesn't go your way turns most folk off, from either side. And people are not listening to the baseless accusations anymore either.

Ya think that maybe it's time for a new strategy?

Oh, and riots are not a new strategy, they're just plain stupid.

Dem scan start lying about everything like GOP, that might work

Or maybe they can copy the GOP and become corporate hookers

so they can garner a 7-1 cash advantage.

Good strategy

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Beanskinner

People can hoop and holler all about the money spent...it doesn't really matter in the long run as it was the populace that voted, not the cash.

As for lies, both sides do it, but the Dems keep getting caught up in them. A good lie should have at least a grain of truth to it.

I gotta admit, the guy crying on CNN cracked me up.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

People can hoop and holler all about the money spent...it doesn't really matter in the long run as it was the populace that voted, not the cash.

As for lies, both sides do it, but the Dems keep getting caught up in them. A good lie should have at least a grain of truth to it.

I gotta admit, the guy crying on CNN cracked me up.

It really does matter, that money is in exchange for favors.

To normal folks, that used to be called corruption -

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Much of that money was spent on media.

The term, "Hearts and Minds" comes to mind here.

Walker won the PSYOP Campaign while Barrett did not.

In the long run, whether you agree or not, it was the VOTERS in Wisconsin that decided the outcome.

A Governers race is much different than the Presidential election.

Wisconsin is still a swing state.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by David134
Just as a side note yahoo has a lead story of Jewels new perfect teeth and Romney stricks it rich in Texas. They dont even have the election listed in the news. I guess some of the media did take it pretty had.
edit on 6-6-2012 by David134 because: cant spell

I think that they may be closing their eyes and saying, "It didn't happen, It didn't happen, It didn't happen."

But when they wake up in the morn they'll realize...It happened.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

The donks have been doing that for years. Pretty sure it's page 2 of their playbook. Now as to the whole left/right paradigm - we all know the whole game is rigged. It's just nice to see the other team showing up for a change, and any outcome that helps winnow public sector unions should be applauded by anyone who pays taxes.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmconslaught

The donks have been doing that for years. Pretty sure it's page 2 of their playbook. Now as to the whole left/right paradigm - we all know the whole game is rigged. It's just nice to see the other team showing up for a change, and any outcome that helps winnow public sector unions should be applauded by anyone who pays taxes.

You mean the corporate team?

7-1 money is pretty good - I bet they will get some good consideration for the investment

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

7-1 money

Count up how many times 7-1 has been said in this thread already

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”

Joseph Goebbels

Go Walker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Give it up already. The people of Wisconsin voted and Walker remains in office.

Sorry if you don't like it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by buster2010
There is still 80% of the state to count and they announce the winner. I think I'll wait till all of the votes are counted tyvm FOX.

NBC and CNN are also projecting Walker as the winner with almost 40% reporting. Barrett has lost resoundingly.

I could care less who won because I'm not from that state. But it is wrong to start projecting who won before the polls close because it does influence voters.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join