It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just solved the mystery of existence.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Macrobes.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Only read the first 6 pages but to 0mage:
You claim to be enlightened, yet you are making hateful assumptions towards those who do not yet understand the things you do. It seems like you have the knowledge, but the heart is still not on the right place.

Not trying to attack you, but in my understanding that is not true enlightenment.

to OP: Sorry if you have already answered this, but where do you think the mind stems from?
edit on 6-6-2012 by reflexlm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by reflexlm
Only read the first 6 pages but to 0mage:
You claim to be enlightened, yet you are making hateful assumptions towards those who do not yet understand the things you do. It seems like you have the knowledge, but the heart is still not on the right place.

Not trying to attack you, but in my understanding that is not true enlightenment.

it's complicated.

but my heart is in the right place
can you believe that?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Wonderful! Don't worry about the bashers,,,things as big as this are hard for most to understand,,,they'll pick it up eventually. But you've about got things figured out

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Sorry this was my first post and I obviously did something very wrong.

edit on 6-6-2012 by TRGreer because: I was trying to learn to post and didnt do something correctly.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Unfortunately, there will be those that disagree. As far as I'm concerned, those are the ones who aren't yet ready to fulfill their destiny.

Where do I start? Basically, we're stuck in the matrix. Allow me to explain.

Free-will vs. determinism.

Your mind is free. Your body is not. Your mind is one with the universe. Your body separates your mind from this unity. Your mind and your brain are closely related, but not the same. Your brain functions according to your mind, but your brain is literally a prison cell. Your brain is part of your body.

The Earth is under quarantine. Literally. This quarantine, this prison, is only temporary, and is for our benefit. Your mind is the universe and is free. The quarantine, under the management of hyper beings, is for the purpose of protecting the mind from the body. The quarantine is for the purpose of allowing us to come to the realization of absolute freedom, and not exposing us to it all at once (which would probably annihilate us, and probably the mind too).

The mind is the universe and is all one. You are part of my mind and I am part of yours and we share this mind, because it is one. The only purpose you have here is to come to freedom. Think about it. Is their any service you can perform that doesn't serve freedom? The increase of technological efficiency IS the increase in freedom. We are learning how to become absolutely free. In order to do this, you must serve others. You must make them free because they are your mind. In creating freedom for others, you loosen the grip your body has over your mind. Your mind will slowly, but surely, come to absolute freedom.

You solved what?
Man, I have red hundreds of variations of what you wrote, some have been said for thousands of years. you came a bit too late.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

One problem I have with this is your assertion that the brain functions according to the mind of the user. Yet, the mind is the first thing to go with a traumatic brain injury. So, facts would show that the mind only exists because of neural activity, not the other way around. People have a hard time with the fact that the mind and the body are NOT separate.

the mind is a link interface between body/brain and spirit consciousness. ive said this a few times on the forum. it is half reality/half fantasy communication interface by design. that is so that it could translate communication from the spirit into the brain and control the body. for this reason it must have aspects of both to do the translation.

the spirit can stand without the body. but the body cannot stand without the spirit.

this where the term 'mental slavery' gets it's roots. this is when your mind is hijacked by someone forcefeeding false-positive data through your logic system to create a default reaction that sorta preceded the spirit because it is a local process. the logic tells the brain "the spirit doesnt need to be consulted for this.. we got it" and performs an automated reaction process. a person's mind is hacked in this manner.

this is all because the body and spirit is in conflict fighting for power in the average human being past adolescence. the body has a special priveledge to its local environment and enforce it's power. when in fact if he would allow the spirit full access to drive. it'd be functioning much more efficiently.

the spirit has it's own brain with it's own memories you can say.
the brain holds the simulated consciousness that it gets from the mind link.

thus the spirit is the macrocosm. the super consciousness of eastern philosophies. it is the player holding the gamepad... and the body in this reality is his character in the game.

the gamepad, is the mind link interface
edit on 6-6-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

All this talk of mind and spirit just sounds like religious claptrap. Correct me if I'm wrong but, should the mind not be able to serve the purpose of the spirit anyway?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

My brother recommended ATS. I have been spending some time looking around but really didn't consider joining until I read this post. Some points I agree with but others I am having a hard time understanding ...

"We are learning how to become absolutely free. In order to do this, you must serve others. You must make them free because they are your mind. In creating freedom for others, you loosen the grip your body has over your mind. Your mind will slowly, but surely, come to absolute freedom."

I agree that service to others is paramount to enlightenment, awaking, evolving ( take your pick). but it is also key to learn to serve without expectation. This means giving without expecting anything in return. Doing something or giving or sacrificing for someone else just because its right and good. nothing more. I also have a hard time grasping "You must make them free." If you are making or forcing someone to do anything then their freedom is stripped from them because it is no longer their choice. "you loosen the grip your body has over your mind." I believe there is no need to protect my mind from my body because my body is merely a shell or womb for my energy or "mind". As we all know a shell or womb is a protective shelter providing everything a fetus needs to survive thus my energy needs no protection from its womb.

edit on 6-6-2012 by TRGreer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Your brain is physical construct just like everything else in the world...
If you remove parts of it, you change your personality, cease to walk or speak in gibberish. Consciousness is just a result of having more parts.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I don't get it. This matrix you speak of is completely undefined, and our minds are not all one (that's why there's a rival option on this site). I'm all for the idea of incredible potential in the human mind, but I'm not sure that this is the be-all-end-all. There are some services you can do that restrain freedom. For example, putting a murderer in jail restricts freedom, but also frees a group of people from the fear of murder. Restriction of freedom leading to an increase in freedom.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I have researched into this subject. And it seems like pandora's box. You can get lost in it, waste you entire life on the quest for this ultimate knowledge. And many have.

But here is a concept that is interesting.....In Hell Boy 2 the elf prince says "humans have a hole in their heart, a bottomless pit that is never filled, nothing is ever enough to them" not an exact quote.

This concept makes a lot of sence to me. It can apply to knowledge, technology, materialism, lust, power, wealth.......... and on and on.

We are never satisfied and have this hole that is never filled. Maybe realizing this and controlling this is the key.

Look at wealth... a percentage of the population is never satisfied here. They get some, use that to build more, and eventually like minded work together to rob the whole world. It is like a down ward spiral that builds exponentially.

Technology= Has it not spiraled exponentially? To the point where the whole world is at risk from nuclear, HARP, GMOs......

I guess the point i am trying to get at is that as humans we are never content and happy. We always want bigger, better, and more of everything.

And i think that is our down fall. How do we know that humans have not been on this planet (or others) for millions of years. And that our bottomless pit hasn't wiped society out over and over, only to start over as knowledge-less savages to start the whole process over again..

And there are those that know this and cater to it. The newest Iphone (meterialism)
magic, occult, and special powers (those that regular life is not enough to)....

Maybe that is why the great teachers of the past taught the middle ground, and love?
edit on 6-6-2012 by yellowsnow because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2012 by yellowsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
What you've done is propose a theory.

How does this solve anything?

To solve the mystery of existence you must prove that your theory is correct.

I propose a different theory.

The mystery of existence is not singular. There are multiple purposes.

Each purpose is subjective and able to exist simultaneously with each other.

Not everything in existence is alive. Therefore the existence of a rock is different than a living organism.

The purpose of life is life itself.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TRGreer

reply to post by PhantomLimb

exactly, but by default and conditioning in society the average person is at conflict with themselves, body fighting to maintain sole power over the mind. to answer both of you. essentially what the brain has done is to restrict the functions the spirit has access to from the control panel. this is why we do not function at our full potential. the buttons might be on the controlpad for the spirit to press. but theyre not configured to perform the command theyre labeled for. we must allow the spirit to flow into us and take charge without fighting it off. unrestrict the control panel so that the spirit has full autonomy of manning the vessel. he is a much better driver than the brain/mind-link. fear is what restricts us. fear of the unknown. without understanding our natural reflex is to fear. understanding removes the fear.

in short, we are afraid of our own potential.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Please pick your words so a normal person can read them without asking him or herself what the hell you're talking about. You sound over confident, and how do you know whoever would have left us in a Matrix wouldn't just sit back and watch the show?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
You live, you die, that's it.

There are no demonic or angelic beings, no higher planes, or other mumbo jumbo.

It's merely the fantasy of people who are afraid of death.

I hate to burst your bubble, but it would be MUCH more comforting to believe that there is nothing after death than that their is an afterlife where you can be punished...lol...

It's not believers that believe that way because they FEAR death... It's the other way around...

Jaden

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

quantum physics tells us we don't exist,we only exist because we observe ourselfs existing.

So who does the "observing"?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Poor guy. You just can't accept that this is it.
Life: It is what it is, and then we're bug food. That's all folks.

Physical life, sure. But energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Your consciousness will go on to have more experiences. It quite frankly doesn't have a choice. You may lose your current personal identity in the process, but that's a good thing. Who wants to remember every past life they've ever had? Remembering one past at a time is stressful enough.

But "you", the self-aware energy that experiences and observes things, won't be bug food. Your brain will be eaten by bugs, but your consciousness will live on in some form or another. All energy does, just like your dead body will be the energy those growing bugs require to live on. Everything is recycled. This is proof of reincarnation in itself, just not a definition of it. I don't claim to understand it but I know it must be real, just like I can't understand infinity but I can know what it is.

I think the OP's onto something. Quantum science is making some very interesting observations about the nature of reality that support his ideas. Time will tell if it's true or not. If it's true, it doesn't matter what you believe. If it's not true, it still doesn't matter what you believe. So what's the harm in speculation?

Just let go and do the best you can with the time you have, if you're not interested in the spiritual side of life in the physical world then don't ruin the trip for others as it can be very fulfilling and far more beneficial to planet earth than most of the rubbish that the narcissistic cynicism-ridden self-hating humans on this site respond with to messages of positivity and peace. It's almost like they want to suffer. They feel like they deserve it or something, like we all brought this suffering on ourselves - some form of a subconscious ancestral imprint burned into our race from traditional religions. Some distorted sense of karmic guilt. Which is funny since most of them don't believe in karma (or a religion).

I don't have an issue with messages of unity, no matter how far-fetched the theory. I don't know why they receive so much violent hostility? I think it's about time we as a civilization stopped living selfish lives and looked at the bigger picture before it's too late to do so. If you're too afraid of the implications then you're not ready yet, so find fulfillment in other ways. Cynical negativity is just another form of religion, so don't be so quick to denounce optimistic positivity in some self-righteous delusion of intellectual superiority. There's nothing wrong with talking about this stuff, if we hope to stop the world from total self-destruction then the answer is surely going to be partly spiritual in nature because so much of our self-destruction is made in the name of spirituality. We need to address that matter with as much vigor as the cultural and political issues we face if our goal is self-preservation as a species (all evidence suggests it's not, so maybe I'm just plain wrong?)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Nice set of beliefs.

I rather believe in atoms, neurons, and synapses. Once they go, the mind goes as well.

No need to belief in the spaghetti monster either, but it's a free country. Have fun.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnarchist

E=mc2, or any thermodynamic laws have nothing to do with consciousness. I hope you do know that?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
reply to post by TRGreer

reply to post by PhantomLimb

exactly, but by default and conditioning in society the average person is at conflict with themselves, body fighting to maintain sole power over the mind. to answer both of you. essentially what the brain has done is to restrict the functions the spirit has access to from the control panel. this is why we do not function at our full potential. the buttons might be on the controlpad for the spirit to press. but theyre not configured to perform the command theyre labeled for. we must allow the spirit to flow into us and take charge without fighting it off. unrestrict the control panel so that the spirit has full autonomy of manning the vessel. he is a much better driver than the brain/mind-link. fear is what restricts us. fear of the unknown. without understanding our natural reflex is to fear. understanding removes the fear.

in short, we are afraid of our own potential.

You claim to be enlightened, but are still trapped in the Cartesian paradigm of body and soul ...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join