It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just solved the mystery of existence.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The matrix - a prison called 'your mind'.
A prison you cannot touch, hear, see, taste or smell. The mind (your mind made world of imagination).
The mind tells stories of horror happening somewhen else, somewhere else and it traps you into believing it's stories are real.

The only thing that is real is consciousness. The knower of the appearance that is appearing now, awakeness, awareness of this.
This (what is seen) cannot appear to exist without the seeing of it.

The mind (the matrix) is no more than an appearance. If you are stuck in the appearance (matrix) you will be lost. Step out of the matrix (mind) just by observing the thoughts as they arise.
You are not of the appearance, not part of the illusion, you are the seer and knower of all appearances.

All seeing, all knowing, always present.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Thank you for this excellent post/thread.
Your insights are very similar to my own, and those of many others past and present.

To anyone interested in the concept of consciousness not being produced by the brain, i highly recommend a fairly recent book by the Dutch cardiologist Pim Van Lommel: 'Endless Consciousness - A Scientific View on the Near-Death Experience'. Dr. Van Lommel is one of those rare scientists with an open mind and the guts to ask the tough questions. He conducted a remarkable prospective scientific study with around 400 cardiac arrest survivors over a 20-year period and interviewed them shortly after they were reanimated. There was an article about this study in The Lancet. His view is basically that the brain is a receiver of consciousness, much like a radio receives (and translates) radio waves. After reading this book, the concept will become much more plausible. He covers a wide range of angles on it.

I have no doubt that, in time, this will become the new paradigm. It just makes a lot more sense than the current one.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You can't get out of the illusions until you die. Then there's no guarantee that you won't come back.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

You can't get out of the illusions until you die. Then there's no guarantee that you won't come back.

But you can die in such a way where its more like leaving your body because its served its purpose. Then you'll never come back.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Um - you appear to be saying nothing new OP, besides that is not 'the mystery of existence'

The real mystery is why/how any of this exists at all.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You are not part of the illusion. The body that you see is. The mind, which is one thought arising presently - is also part of the illusion. The illusion is anything that can be seen, or experienced, anything that can be percieved or known.
You are the seer and knower. When you realize that you are the ultimate seer and knower of all appearances you will find that you have left the matrix, the illusion. You will then realize that you were never part of the illusion.
The movie of life is all for your viewing pleasure.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Um - you appear to be saying nothing new OP, besides that is not 'the mystery of existence'

The real mystery is why/how any of this exists at all.

I never said this was anything new. New to me.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

You are not part of the illusion. The body that you see is. The mind, which is one thought arising presently - is also part of the illusion. The illusion is anything that can be seen, or experienced, anything that can be percieved or known.
You are the seer and knower. When you realize that you are the ultimate seer and knower of all appearances you will find that you have left the matrix, the illusion. You will then realize that you were never part of the illusion.
The movie of life is all for your viewing pleasure.

I agree, but since I am in my body and subject to the unavoidable sufferring that accompanies it, I am stil subject to the illusion.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You don't transcend human existence just because you learn that you are the ultimate seer. You have to become the ultimate seer through the illusion. You have to do the hard work. You have to have absolute compassion.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You will have to die to the idea of what you believe you are.
You have a picture of what you think you are, so you see an image of yourself and believe that the image is you. This makes you believe that you are seen. But you, the real you, the ultimate seer cannot be seen. The eye cannot see it self.
The all seeing eye (I).

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You don't transcend human existence just because you learn that you are the ultimate seer. You have to become the ultimate seer through the illusion. You have to do the hard work. You have to have absolute compassion.

Then work hard and maybe one day when you have been good enough you will be rewarded.

Transcending the human condition can be done in an instant - has to be done in this instant.
Watch the mind now.
The one watching is 'seeing' the human conditioned machine working. The one watching is awareness. Stay with that one and transcend the human mind.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

No, you will not transcend the human condition just by learning that you are the ultimate seer. You have to know it and be it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

You will have to die to the idea of what you believe you are.
You have a picture of what you think you are, so you see an image of yourself and believe that the image is you. This makes you believe that you are seen. But you, the real you, the ultimate seer cannot be seen. The eye cannot see it self.
The all seeing eye (I).

Let me tell you something. You're a loooong way away from being the ultimate seer. But it will take your efforts to get there, so keep on. But, just because you know these things, and just because I know these things, doesn't mean they really apply to our lives. Not yet. There are levels. The next level isn't the absolute. These ideas you are having are ideas that will ultimately get you to the next level, eventually. But even then, there are other levels above that that you will evolve into.

The illusion isn't going away. It will gradually become more absolute though. One day, the illusion will have served its purpose, and you will become the ultimate seer. Just because this seer exists and sees through you, doesn't mean you are it. It may be you, but you have a looong way to go. As do I.

But at least we know that its there. Knowing is the first step. There is work to be done.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Then work hard and maybe oneday when you have been good enough you will be rewarded.

Transcending the human condition can be done in an instant - has to be done in this instant.
Watch the mind now.
The one watching is 'seeing' the human conditioned machine working. The one watching is awareness. Stay with that one and transcend the human mind.

I agree that you can go to that place in your mind, but you are still subject to the human body which will keep you from going all the way. You'll know when you go all the way, because you will know everything that is known.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

No, you will not transcend the human condition just by learning that you are the ultimate seer. You have to know it and be it.

You won't be it in your body. If you truly became it, your body would certainly die.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You don't believe it is possible do you? Freedom in life?
You believe in pain and struggle but try telling of freedom and love. You do not believe in the product you sell. Not a good sales man.

When the truth is offered you say 'not possible'.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

You won't be it in your body. If you truly became it, your body would certainly die.

Is this what stops you from having a look to see if you can see the seer? You think you will physically die! That is what the mind tells you, clever mind, the mind tells you that you will die, but it is the mind saying 'i will die'. The mind is scared of dying. The mind (the matrix) will not die but it will lose it's grip on the real you. You will be unplugged, unleashed, free. The mind does not want that to happen so screams 'i will die' when it is threatened.
You will not die but the mind will try it's best to get you to believe it so you will not look for the ultimate seer within.

youtu.be...

If you look for the seer within it is like the prodigal son returning home. You went out to explore the things in the world and got lost in them, got trapped in the web of mind and then returned to source which is beyond the mind. Home and at rest, you can turn and face a new world and see all that is before you.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
We are absolutely zero why the Universe exists. Yet we are constantly presented with the offering to join why it does.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
My $.02 - This earth is indeed some kind of learning experience; a grade, if you will. Our purpose here is to realize what they mind is, why it is, and how to control it. Imagine if someone like Henry Kissinger was allowed to experience the true potential of his mind - the instant manifestation of his thoughts. The universe would be destroyed. People are continuously reincarnated on this planet until they learn to conquer their animal desires and creature comforts. Think about it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

O so thats why people who hit their heads lose memorys and motor skills....

O so thats why people who have strokes lose memorys and motor skills.....

Its because some how their soul is damaged... their brain has nothing to do with it...

All this time modern science had it wrong... if only we would have gone and talked to smith...

I can't berlieve this is something new to you. Men are always wrong. Especially when they try to disreguard the soul and God. Your world is to cut and dry to ever explain all that man experiences.
edit on 6-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join