It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just solved the mystery of existence.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I nearly didn't read this because I was like "Oh, here we go...", but I pretty much agree. I'm not saying you've solved the mystery of existence, but I think the mind and the body are certainly very different and potentially separate things if somebody is willing for them to be.

You've had some stupid responses, so thought I'd give you a fairly nice one. I've had many "out of body" experiences and fully believe the mind is capable of many things, and that we all share 1 collective mind. (At least the ones willing to believe this). I also think it's likely that if you don't believe in something, it cannot be true.

In Buddhism, they say "suffering ends when craving ends. This is achieved by eliminating delusion, thereby reaching a liberated state of Enlightenment". Basically get all the bad # out of your head, and stop being a #ing dick to everyone and only then will you have the chance to be completely happy and fulfilled.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
You live, you die, that's it.

There are no demonic or angelic beings, no higher planes, or other mumbo jumbo.

It's merely the fantasy of people who are afraid of death.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

What, just because you said so? Nice one.

Why does everyone just automatically think they know everything, and don't even wonder what could happen, or what we might know in future or why we exist. Have you looked into the sky on a clear night? Have you thought, wait a minute... I'm actually quite small here in my little stupid human body and might actually NOT know what's going on.

Just nope...you live, you die. That's it.
How pathetic is that?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartoonhotdog

What, just because you said so? Nice one.

Why does everyone just automatically think they know everything, and don't even wonder what could happen, or what we might know in future or why we exist. Have you looked into the sky on a clear night? Have you thought, wait a minute... I'm actually quite small here in my little stupid human body and might actually NOT know what's going on.

Just nope...you live, you die. That's it.
How pathetic is that?

what you need to ask yourself is "why would someone who does not believe in spiritual philosophy and metaphysics be spending their time in the philosophy and metaphysics section of a forum. making negative comments toward the statements of believers?"

the answer is simple.. because they are vile, primitive under-developed minds whose lack of spiritual connect leaves them as dense as the black holes that light their eyes. clueless and blind, yet insistant on being leaders for their own pride of those that will follow them.

the world has been the blind leading the blind for a long time. but it is now changing and among us now are true enlightened souls with all the information out there for study and practice and attainment.

these types throw out baseless negative statements to defame the claims of others. but sir Power-Semi

please explain to us how it is we fear death, when what we are in fact doing is facing our deepest fears and staring deep within the black abyss of the unknown and less travelled road? what you are saying can be likened to accusing a stuntcar driver of being afraid of cars or stunts. yet it is his chosen profession.

when will ppl learn to think before they speak. a great precept in the path to knowledge, understanding and wisdom.

edit on 6-6-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

"The flower of life is the bars of your prison?"

Have you been reading Drunvalo Melchizedek?
edit on 6-6-2012 by IAMTAT because: sp

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

The mind is imprisoned in this body, but for what purpose? You claim the purpose is to acquire complete freedom step by step. I see what you mean, but I also see you have a very narrow understanding of the definition of freedom.

The term freedom is much broader than you think, being completely free also means being free to rape, murder, molest, torture...

If that is true, then is that really what our true purpose is?

------------------

I personally have come to the conclusion that the Universe is determined through its original design, but it will evolve through our own input. We are not imprisoned in this body, rather we are using this body to not only observe this magnificent creation, but also to get involved in very limited terms, which allows us to appreciate what we have in front of us.

To put it in a simple term, | This Universe = Virtual Reality | Human Beings = Viewpoint from within Virtual Reality | Purpose = Design | Ability & Capability = Level of Resitriction Given by the Creator (for example ATS has MODS and ADMINS, these MODS and ADMINS get more ability and have more capabilities than the rest of us) |

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I have seen them and they have left physical marks on people. There are inter-dimensional (energy) life forms influencing this world.

As for the mystery of our existence, the Universe is an Engine. In a intelligent life forms lab. Their little beaker is magnetically neutral so none of their gravity effects the beaker. They set off a nuclear detonation inside the beaker causing a nuclear explosion, but in absolute zero gravity. It explodes and grows, then pulls back in and re-explodes...a continuous cycle.

They harness it for energy as well as watch what grows in their little experiment. If we could nullify our gravity, the galaxies gravity, and the universe's gravity....we could create our own self sustaining nuclear engine...and watch what life forms are created within.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Who or what are these ''hyper beings''?
Do you have proof or are you getting involved in the new age bull a little too much?

Unless you have proof,you have solved nothing but are going along with what others,who also have no proof,are saying.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

"The flower of life is the bars of your prison?"

Have you been reading Drunvalo Melchizedek?
edit on 6-6-2012 by IAMTAT because: sp

No. The flower of life is the geometric shape that is found in nearly all life forms. As such, it is a prison.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Who or what are these ''hyper beings''?
Do you have proof or are you getting involved in the new age bull a little too much?

Unless you have proof,you have solved nothing but are going along with what others,who also have no proof,are saying.

I'm not going along with anybody. I saw them for myself. You wouldn't understand.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Narcissous

this is nothing new. in fact, if i'm right, this is some gnostic belief(at least the body is bad part, but if I'm right, the whole is)
as for being one. nah. not wanting to point fingers, so I will say that I am so fundamentally different from anyone I have ever met(and the people whom the people I ever met, met
) that it is less than probable that this is the case. if it is, then I am all for secessionism. I will be the Confederate States(such a bad pun)

Seriously, without individuality, and the ability that you can say: I see(the most beautiful expression)
what is the point? Call me a narcissist, and I will more than agree, but I will not submit to becoming one with all the other people.

Not because I am a spoiled brat or anything, but I had very bad experiences with people, I avoid them when I can, and the thought of me being one with all of them, is like telling that when we die, our souls fly into the sun(heliophobia)to fuel it. Virtually every people(except one) I have ever met in my life has in one way or another, stomped on me when given the choice. I don't hate people, I merely wish to be away from them(and possibly, according to your belief, disconnected)

I am me, because I exist, and not because I am disconnected, but because I am a separate being. We are not ants, and I don't believe in groupthink.

We basically are ants though. We are all human. We all do human things. Would you spend your days going back and forth, stacking dirt, collecting food and putting it in the dirt. Back and forth. Back and forth? No. But would an ant talk on abovetopsecret.com? No. But this ATS is the ants dirt pile. Its what we do because it is who we are. We don't question it. We just do it and accept that this is what we do.

Oneness doesn't mean the cessation of individuality, necessarily. Oneness is about seeing that all individuals make up an infinite variety of experiences and knowing that each one's experience matters to the whole.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sgspecial19

The body is a vessel in which us beings of light can have a human experience. This plane of existence is a duality of good and evil; we are given the choice (free will) in these bodies to experience life in our own novelty. We're not "trapped" in our bodies, because our souls chose to inhabit this body we currently use.

The mind is pure consciousness and infinite, but our bodies are material and temporary. Don't discredit the body, because both forms of energy need each other in this plane. Remember, we are souls having a human experience, and chaos (darkness) and order (light) exist in realms where free will does.

I'm not discrediting the body. It's not so much a prison as it is a mandatory school where you can't leave until you've learned.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

i know i'm just nit-picking philosophy, but that's my philosophy. to really play devil's advocate here, what is absolute freedom? Is that this end-point state of singularity? Doesn't freedom require the capability to create limitations? Not a contradiction - If I am not free to set limits, thresholds, and logically categorize patterns through separation, then where does freedom then vary?

Absolute freedom of being and experience. In the spirit of how humans feel like they can be anything they want to be, they are lying to themselves. We can only be human. For now.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You can imagine youreslf to be anything.
But you are not a thing of any description.
You are here and now.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha

Originally posted by smithjustinb
"You are part of my mind and I am part of yours and we share this mind, because it is one. "

Every time I hear this I think..."ok..so your saying your mind is the same as a pedophiles mind, a psychopaths or murderers or rapists mind too then? "

Really?

You cant just look at the pretty side of the tapestry....and if your going for the royal 'we' then you have to include the un-pretty too.

I believe we do have individual minds. To me, we are/ can be AS one mind but we are not just ONE mind.

Being AS one, is a HUGE contextual difference to being ONE...which for me, a survivor of the above mentioned assholes..isn't a promising prospective.

Ro

edit on 6-6-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

One mind. Individual brains with individual directions. The mind is all. In the mind, there is rape and murder and betrayal. But that's not your brain. You're free to make it that way if you want to. No one will stop you. No one can. You are free. But choose wisely.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Also, I would like to ask you, what do you think of the Heart? You say that the brain is like prison but the heart also has neurons and has an electro-magnetic field. It can think!

Well, for one. I don't believe this.

The heart is the first organ to be created when a person is born.

Scientists put to hearts together, and they started to beat at the same time...

I think the heart is a blood pump to keep us alive. But its all shackles.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
Freedom is... and there in that statement what ever your definition of freedom is lies your prison. And the edges of your definition are your prison walls and beyond that definition.... a new definition and new prison?

Freedom is everything and nothing as yet to be defined - that is my prison.

You're right.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jihadbilkalam

The mind is imprisoned in this body, but for what purpose? You claim the purpose is to acquire complete freedom step by step. I see what you mean, but I also see you have a very narrow understanding of the definition of freedom.

The term freedom is much broader than you think, being completely free also means being free to rape, murder, molest, torture...

If that is true, then is that really what our true purpose is?

------------------

I personally have come to the conclusion that the Universe is determined through its original design, but it will evolve through our own input. We are not imprisoned in this body, rather we are using this body to not only observe this magnificent creation, but also to get involved in very limited terms, which allows us to appreciate what we have in front of us.

To put it in a simple term, | This Universe = Virtual Reality | Human Beings = Viewpoint from within Virtual Reality | Purpose = Design | Ability & Capability = Level of Resitriction Given by the Creator (for example ATS has MODS and ADMINS, these MODS and ADMINS get more ability and have more capabilities than the rest of us) |

Yes.
2nd

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

You can imagine youreslf to be anything.
But you are not a thing of any description.
You are here and now.

What I am, I'm not sure. The nature of my highest being, though, is absolute freedom.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Here and now is free.
No one had to do anything for it to appear. It just is.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join