It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just solved the mystery of existence.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

"In fact his very words only serve to further polarization, fear and ignorance which are themselves the very things we must overcome if we are to further ourselves as a human species."

And there is the truth in his words. Great input little wolf. Your perspective has really shown me some light in some dark corners. I look forward to reading more from you.

Thank you Omage but I don't seek a master nor do I seek to be a master but I am always willing to share and to learn new things.

edit on 9-6-2012 by TRGreer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

exactly, as if truth is gods justifications to be above it

if truth need guardians it is then empty of existing mention need, when truth value as existing fact is only its absolute freedom which suggest existence rights to b possible of orbit around that free constant fact

if truth is not a free fact always, then anyone or anything so conscious limits or meaning wills are the right option as absolute fact instead
this is also the main socle that justify gods existence being all, repeating the form of living one as infinite right eternity

gods know that truth is first so last so all, that gods are through the one concept being limited will, inventing justification for such as living or life, meaning in depth to avoid objective obligations for all rights and objective freedom for truth superiority rights

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The wise Willy Wonka pretty much summed up my philosophy on existence with this quote:

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Want to change the world, there's nothing to it

There is no life I know
To compare with pure imagination
Living there, you'll be free
If you truly wish to be

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
noone seem to use the fact of being conscious to b conscious really, everyone use the fact of being conscious for being more one

life is a lie bc life truth is simply absolute freedom constant interactions showing being real
while everyone insist to use that truth for one life of dreams and wills and lies and pervert pleasures possessions of whatever free reality it might force

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I believe the mystery is not one of existence, but one of progress. We have become so fearful of loss of control, we seek circumstances and situations that allow us to determine every variable. Existence is not a mystery; every shape and form will eventually fade and become something else. Reality has been designed as an immensely complex machine that is automated, right down to repairing and improving itself according to necessity as variables change.

But how will we grow if we are forever afraid of loss of control?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is to the OP.

Your post is very good at trying to bring people around to the idea what they perceive as reality isn't the WHOLE reality. You never should have used a movie as a metaphor or analogy.

But I agree with you because I can read between the references to modern technology and see where you meant to go.

I was placed here and know I am not like other human beings because of events that have transpired in my so-called "life" in this dimension.

That is where you failed. I once wondered why I got a job and got money and now I give money away. I don't want it. I don't care anything about physical possessions or even my physical body.

I think you might be one of us. That are here to.... I don't know yet. I know I am not like other human beings. I care nothing for the physical things they care about and I say THEY because I really don't consider myself one of the human race.

I was put here for some other reason.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
"A human being is part of the whole called by us universe , a part limited in time and space. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty...We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive." - Albert Einstein
FROM
www.alberteinsteinsite.com... *

Perhaps smithjustinb will appreciate this analogy. Our brain is like a radio, the music is our mind. Of course if the brain is injured the music will be effected.
First let me say that I am a skeptic. I agree with Carl Sagan that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Even tho I experienced a near death experience I am still not convinced that it was genuine.
The best way I can describe my experience is by a crude analogy (a poetic image). Imagine that you are walking near the Grand Canyon and surrounded by its majesty. You look down and see an ant. You cannot keep from focusing on it. You think, “ NO! I want to remain part of the vastness that is me and that surrounds me.” Unfortunately, you keep focusing. That ant is your life on earth.

* "There remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion." - Albert Einstein
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science." - Albert Einstein

"People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion." - Albert Einstein

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - Albert Einstein
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." - Albert Einstein

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org... wrote,
“(i) My body functions as a pure mechanism according to the Laws of Nature.
(ii) Yet I know, by incontrovertible direct experience, that I am directing its motions, of which I foresee the effects, that may be fateful and all-important, in which case I feel and take full responsibility for them.
The only possible inference from these two facts is, I think, that I — I in the widest meaning of the word, that is to say, every conscious mind that has ever said or felt 'I' — am the person, if any, who controls the 'motion of the atoms' according to the Laws of Nature. Within a cultural milieu (Kulturkreis) where certain conceptions (which once had or still have a wider meaning amongst other peoples) have been limited and specialized, it is daring to give to this conclusion the simple wording that it requires. In Christian terminology to say: 'Hence I am God Almighty' sounds both blasphemous and lunatic.”
FROM
www.informationphilosopher.com...
The below sites are interesting and related.
www.spaceandmotion.com...
This next site I am skeptical of, but included it because it is interesting.
ezinearticles.com...?-A-Critical-Analysis-on-book-of-Erwin-Schrodinger-and-Its-Philosophical-Significance&id=6488527

edit on 26-7-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

For some reason that last site did not appear. However if you cut and paste, maybe it will work.
ezinearticles.com... What-is-Life?-A-Critical-Analysis-on-book-of-Erwin-Schrodinger-and-Its-Philosophical-Significance&id=6488527
Simply get rid of the space

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join