It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why CANADA should hang its head in SHAME in 2012!! (Warning: Graphic Pics)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetstuff
Perhaps you should petition the Queen on behalf of the horrendous act of seal clubbing...

en.wikipedia.org...

Or wait, the Queen owns this percentage of land within Canada so wouldn't that mean you financially benefit from said seal clubbing by living in England?

en.wikipedia.org...

"Most federal Crown land is in the Canadian territories (Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon), and is administered by Indian and Northern Affairs Canada. Only 4% of land in the provinces is federally-controlled, largely in the form of National Parks, Indian reserves, or Canadian Forces bases." Please NOTE this part...as most of this seal clubbing you speak of goes on IN CROWN OWNED AREAS.

edit on 1-6-2012 by sweetstuff because: (no reason given)

Who are you talking to?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
My mate used to work with a shooter. The shooter was employed to cull kangaroos and he would sell the skin. My mates job was to club the kangaroos head in if it wasnt quite dead. The shooter was an awesome shot and he went for head shots because he didnt want to damage the skin. My mate bashed the heads in with a club so they would save on bullets.

I also know guys that go rooing with staghounds. The dogs chase down the roo and tear its throat out. Sometimes they have to help kill it if its a big or stubborn roo. Most guys I know also go pigging. They use bigger dogs than that and they buy chest plates for them. Guys that are right into it get gps so they cant lose their dog. Sme thing,dogs tear them up.

Kind of similar. It makes you care more because they are cute.

If it was a cow being shot with a bolt gun at an abattoirs,not as many people would care.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

The OP...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ya OP from the UK

www.abovetopsecret.com...
posted on 5-12-2011 @ 08:31 PM this post

My only concern is that in the UK peaceful protest is completely LAWFUL in every way.

Now for the MET police to circulate a letter branding people terrorists in London for peaceful protest without this being approved by The Government and debated by the MP's in public sitting is UNLAWFUL.

I am hoping that MP's stand up and say they do not support the letter and comment by the MET police.

I am sure they are trying to antagonize people into leaving and that its all just water of a ducks back but branding people Terrorists without due cause is surely and hopefully going to rile the people.

Maybe a letter from the people to the Government branding the POLICE terrorists would be ample response.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
SCANDAL OF THE BRITISH HORSE MEAT TRADE

www.express.co.uk... e-meat-trade-Scandal-of-the-British-horse-meat-trade-Scandal-of-the-British-horse-meat-trade-Scandal-of-the-British-horse-meat-trade-Scandal-of-the-Br itish-horse-meat-trade

So does that make you and all your county guilty also

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
reply to post by sweetstuff

Well a country is as a country does. You have voted for your current government and they are still not acting on this quickly enough.

IT seen worldwide as a Canadian THING. Its been going on for decade!! More people in canada last year protested for the legalization of POT that for the stopping of SEAL clubbling!! Why is that?

First of all, you truly have no idea what type of country Canada is. Secondly, you are conveying an extremely high sense of ignorance that absolutely boils my blood to no end. It is people like you who make me question whether or not there should be licenses to have children. Approximately 70% of Canadians live near border cities to the United States and we do not have seals in those places.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the angry dome!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
You are a f*cking moron. Favourite sport that Canadians LOVE? A picture of Deaner and Terry? Good God man. They don't come much dumber than you.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Fist off the behavior you showed is not "typical" of canadians.

Your demeanor towards people , yes canadiens are people too, is offensive just like raceism.

By the logic you use here you would also be guilty of every offence of every member of you community and country, how could you?

Bah utter one sided slandering for vanity. .

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

"club soda not seals"-peta stickers I sent away for

It really is sad op, I am a angler and a animal lover, I watch whale wars for fun sometimes for fun and have to say I disagreed with their 'vicking shores', I believe if You kill somthing it should be humanly done (ie quick and painless), not in excess (don't endanger the species) and don't do it for sport (if you kill-it eat it, tan its hide, carve its bones ect) why don't the sea Sheppard clowns go do something about this.... :-/

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
Its 2012. Most nations are discussing political issues concerning war, education, hunger, crime and other such matters that we as the public have come to expect. Among all these nations is Canada. Canada seems to try and poke its nose into various businesses for example Libya of recent and its message to the world of its tolerant and peaceful nature.

I say WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

Canada seems to be sheep in wolfs clothes. It trys in vein to hide its horrendous and cruel true nature. Since at least the 60's Canada's CITIZENS have been partaking in a "SPORT" they often deny but altogether LOVE.

I am referring to Canadas favorite pastime: SEAL CLUBBING & BABY SEAL CLUBBING.

Now, to the average Canadian this is a sport and a necessity, so they will not find this too disturbing or even wrong. However, as we are now in the year 2012, we as civilized societies with Human rights have also afforded animal certain rights too. There seems to be an Animal Rights act in Canada but it must be overlooked as this is part of Canadian culture.

It is hard to believe that this goes on at all let alone in a place like Canada. Below is a series of picture that REALLY show you the brutality of these Canadian Seal Killers.
Remember this is Graphic so please be advised.

First we have a couple of average Canadians looking harmless. Would you think these two or anyone like this could do the following?

Dude you're so full of it. Your intestines are crossed with your brain function and the crap comes out from the wrong place. How can you generalize things that way and say Canada is a sheep in wolfs clothes? Or that canadians favourite pastime is Seal Clubbing? Have you ever been to Canada? Have you ever spoken to an average canadian? Do it and you'll realize that is one of the nations with the most sensitive people about animal rights and anti animal cruelty. And what is with the pic above? What's the point of using a screenshot from a documentary done by a calgarian about two headbangers, something totally fictitious which doesn't represent at all canadian people or canadian lifestyle? I condemn the cruelty against all animals and I'm of the opinion that no human being should be taking pleasure of torturing or killing an animal for pleasure. But with all honesty I'd take you more seriously if you were to open a thread about human abuse, death of the childrens world wide from hunger, death from sickness and especially deaths from wars. The moment your sensitivity focuses on seals and seals babies and ignore humanity sufferances , that I call HYPOCRISY !!! And that goes for all of them who scream about animal rights and forget that before we care for animals, we should care for each other. This thread is the most disgusting I've seen in a while on this board. Shame !!!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The most annoying thing about this place is y'all will go tit for tat over the smallest inkling. Let's not divert away from the issue at hand. It's about people bashing the got damn seals. Some people are just so sensitive. Sure the OP could have worded it differently or may be a bit of a sensationalist but any person with common sense could probably figure out that "not all Canadians" support these actions. Don't be derp. How about we discuss getting them to stop instead of just showing up to post your emo-tions about how Huuuurt and angry you are that Canada got categorized with a handful of crazy psycho dudes bashing seal skulls.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This was the coolest thing I have seen in ages.....

Those who complain, tough, its their right and freedom of hunting to kill what they want to!!!

They are doing it their own country not on in yours.

Non-hunters should be used to people shoving their views down peoples throats!! We all eat meat. We all participate in this behavior on some level.

Sarcasm off.

Your turn six6six.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hahaha, what an ignorant OP, you can bash Canada all you want because of 0.001% of some north dwelling seal clubbers, but people know how much Canada fights for environment conservation and animal protection.

Like few mentioned, 80% of the population lives south, close to State's border, only time i seen a seal was at a Zoo.

You can label Canada however you like, but everyone in the world knows of Canada's reputation.

its possible OP is jealous and want to bash Canada somehow, so he picks some random atrocity some north dwelling people does and says "Canada Enjoys Seal Clubbing"

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

First off, You're an morron if you think all Canadians want or like this. Or if it happends all over Canada. Second, The seal population is way too big. It's natural predators can't eat them fast enough. If they're not killed they will disrupt the whole eco system in that part of the world and risk having way more devistating effects on other animals because they will deplenish the food suply due to their massive population. The clubbing, I'm affraid is necessary but skinning alive I don't like at all. If those seals looked like the monsters in your childhood night mares no one would complain.
edit on 1-6-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Maybe we should start clubbing human babies for a few weeks each year to control the population ? The Aboriginals were here long before us and we have destroyed their land and way of life !! Time to get off your soap box !!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm from Canada. I'm going to go out seal clubbing right now because you've inspired me Satanist. Thanks for the great idea! All this thanks to you! Can't wait!!!!!!!! looks like so much fun!!! THANKS!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Canada's fishermen have been going bankrupt due to a severe decrease in fish in the ocean.

Politicians THINK killing off the seals will bring the fish back, so Canada's screaming fishermen have fish to catch.

The Pacific Ocean has been overfished, overpolluted.....I say let Canada's Politicians kill off the seals.

Ain't much left in the Pacific Ocean and it'll speed up the DEATH of that ocean.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The photos of the dead seals are disgraceful, but nowhere near as bad as the photos of dead children and murdered women that we all see when the US decides to invade a nation.

You say Canada should hang their heads in shame, I say you in the US should join them.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
reply to post by Six6Six

Maybe we should start clubbing human babies for a few weeks each year to control the population ? The Aboriginals were here long before us and we have destroyed their land and way of life !! Time to get off your soap box !!

The aboriginals in some areas could were quite capable of doing so themselves. There is more than one lake that has been completely fished out by a tribe or a forest emptied, merely to make sure that no one else gets any. Net fishing on streams to capture everything going by. No one is immune from this behaviour.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'd rather 10,000 dead seals then 100,000 dead humans.

Not naming any names.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join