It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why CANADA should hang its head in SHAME in 2012!! (Warning: Graphic Pics)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Its 2012. Most nations are discussing political issues concerning war, education, hunger, crime and other such matters that we as the public have come to expect. Among all these nations is Canada. Canada seems to try and poke its nose into various businesses for example Libya of recent and its message to the world of its tolerant and peaceful nature.

I say WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

Canada seems to be sheep in wolfs clothes. It trys in vein to hide its horrendous and cruel true nature. Since at least the 60's Canada's CITIZENS have been partaking in a "SPORT" they often deny but altogether LOVE.

I am referring to Canadas favorite pastime: SEAL CLUBBING & BABY SEAL CLUBBING.

This is what a baby seal looks like when its healthy and most of all NOT clubbed to death for fun!!

Now, to the average Canadian this is a sport and a necessity, so they will not find this too disturbing or even wrong. However, as we are now in the year 2012, we as civilized societies with Human rights have also afforded animal certain rights too. There seems to be an Animal Rights act in Canada but it must be overlooked as this is part of Canadian culture.

In 2012, THIS YEAR, 400,000 seals were clubbed to death in their annual sporting event. That is nearly half a million. Each year seems to get progressively worse and yet nothing is done. There is a great charity / animal rights groups called Harpseals trying hard to get new laws past. HARPSEALS

It is hard to believe that this goes on at all let alone in a place like Canada. Below is a series of picture that REALLY show you the brutality of these Canadian Seal Killers.
Remember this is Graphic so please be advised.

First we have a couple of average Canadians looking harmless. Would you think these two or anyone like this could do the following?

I would like to add an extract from Harpseal.org which describes some of the harsh and barbaric things these Canadian sportsmen do!!

Once they find the seals, the true horrific nature of this bizarre event unfolds. In the first phase of the hunt (in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, dominated by sealers from the Magdalen Islands of Quebec), sealers typically approach the seals and then club them with 'hakapiks' (long sticks with a hooked blade at one end). After clubbing the seals, they are supposed to perform the 'blinking-eye' test, checking whether the seals blink, before skinning them. If the seal is not dead, sealers may dispatch the seal with a variety of methods, including kicking in the face and/ or continuing to beat the seal pups on the head with the hakapiks. The sealer may move on to other seals before skinning them or may skin them at that time. He will drag the seal to the boat with the hook end of the hakapik. If the sealer did not bother to check whether the seal was dead, the seal may conscious when the hooked blade is plunged into its mouth or head. An analysis by a panel of veterinarians showed that about 40% of the seals are actually skinned alive.

THIS NEEDS TO END. If there are any decent Canadians who do NOT agree with this practice which happens every year then please try and do something about it. Inform your MP's this is wrong and not the TRUE CANADIAN WAY.

Most Canadians call this HUNTING or a SPORT. But it is not. It is for PROFIT and PROFIT alone.

When Russia stands up and says it is sick and wrong then somehow you have to believe that given it's Russia and their track record on certain things.

Last year Russia banned all seal products:

Russia, Canada's largest pelt market, banned seal product imports in August 2011. This fantastic news means that the sealing industry will be even more decimated than it was as a result of the ban on seal product imports by the European Union in 2010.

I say shame on Canada and its national winter sport. It is not right. I do not know what caused modern Canada to still adopt this kind of cowardly approach to making money.

edit on 31-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Aug 31 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: graphic pictures removed

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
First of all, Canada's national sport? Maybe you should educate yourself on the facts a bit, as the majority of Canadians, myself included live no where near any seals, nor engage in any seal hunting and there have been protests, as well as letters written to parliment on the practice which I agree is horrific.

However lumping all Canadians in as seal killing clubbers would be no different than me calling all Americans war hounds, etc. Deny ignorance.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I say we form a seal clubber clubbing group. That's disgusting, I don't understand how anyone could be so heartless. I think the title is a bit harsh though, every country has their idiots.
edit on 31-5-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

Canadians are always nice, even when irritated. I like Canadians.

I'm fine with hunting, but not this kind of hunting. Kill humanely. 40% may be skinned alive? Disgusting.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Yep,pretty sad eh.Poor helpless babies....what a blood bath.But still every year there's a harvest.
Off topic>Watch this kind of inhumane crap fall upon us soon

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Actually if u look close,,,
most of the Seal issue,,has moved forward,,too,,
Radioactive Seals,,,keep up,,
its not Brigit Bardo,,,
and the sixties,,commrad.
un person.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetstuff
First of all, Canada's national sport? Maybe you should educate yourself on the facts a bit, as the majority of Canadians, myself included live no where near any seals, nor engage in any seal hunting and there have been protests, as well as letters written to parliment on the practice which I agree is horrific.

However lumping all Canadians in as seal killing clubbers would be no different than me calling all Americans war hounds, etc. Deny ignorance.

I just wanted to point out that it is the US government that are war hounds, therefore your comparison does not really apply to this situation. Haha...Carry on. Oh, and I agree this is horrible, but I doubt that most ordinary citizens partake in this, as was mentioned in the above quote. How could anyone bash in the head of something that cute?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Clearly the OP walks around with blinders on, Look at your so called practices there....the Wild Horse Gatherings for instance. Do I believe all U.S. citizens partake in such atrocities...no.... So your long winded,hey look at me.I do no researching just points out your ignorance not intelligence......just saying.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Well a country is as a country does. You have voted for your current government and they are still not acting on this quickly enough.

IT seen worldwide as a Canadian THING. Its been going on for decade!! More people in canada last year protested for the legalization of POT that for the stopping of SEAL clubbling!! Why is that?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Actually if u look close,,,
most of the Seal issue,,has moved forward,,too,,
Radioactive Seals,,,keep up,,
its not Brigit Bardo,,,
and the sixties,,commrad.
un person.

I can never understand your comments.
At least, not without careful, long, tedious analyzation.

Not saying you're boring, just your comments are all over the place.
I'm sure you're just swell.
edit on 31-5-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I am an average Canadian and I don't seal hunt, nor support it.

Not only are your facts wrong but your stereotyping all Canadians into one group. I have yet to meet one person in my life that supports seal clubbing.

Should I show pictures of Americans and all the travesty you have caused in war? Thing is, it wouldn't affect anyone because we see it all the time.

Grow up and educate yourself. Seal clubbing is a terrible thing but to be so blatantly ignorant about it and refer to it as a national sport is just plain stupid.

All countries have their embarrassing sh!t like this, but to judge a whole country? Wow buddy...

Pred...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Sad.

You have to wonder how anyone could club a little face like that.

You cannot lump all people in one country in a group.

But anyone that could do that to a animal is heartless, cruel and not worthy of the title of human.

Cannot wrap my brain around how anyone could do this and sleep at night.

edit on 31-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I am Canadian. I don't club seals. No one I know or have ever known has, to my knowledge, ever clubbed a seal. I have been aware of the problem for some time, and am not surprised by it. For you, however, to insinuate that I, a 'common Canadian', would have no problem with this is as far from the mark as you can get. Most Canadians live nowhere near any seal population, how can we rely on seal clubbing? I suppose you imagine I'm typing this from an igloo, too.

Educate yourself before you attempt to educate others.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by Six6Six

Yep,pretty sad eh.Poor helpless babies....what a blood bath.But still every year there's a harvest.

Im going to get all sort of crap for this from the Canadians on here. But its ok when they point out the attrocities of other countries.

Have you noticed most of the first replies to my thread bashed the Americans straight away. Even though im not American!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
well for one,,not a lot of ice-burgs this year,,
kinda need lots of ice burgs,,
too do all that seal clubbing on,,
ya,,do some research. at least.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
How horrendous, a bullet to the head would have to be a more humane way of killing wouldnt it. I know nothing of this but what your telling me, so will not judge why they are killed & who. Only the way they are and those pics you have are truly sad.
True you can not lump all Canadians in to one group who kill seals in this way. I am sure most dont go out & kill seals. Maybe even a large number dont even know whats going on. Generalization of groups, not my thing.. S&F because I want to follow this !!! I think.

A sport??, why are they in pest numbers??

edit on 31-5-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

Well a country is as a country does. You have voted for your current government and they are still not acting on this quickly enough.

IT seen worldwide as a Canadian THING. Its been going on for decade!! More people in canada last year protested for the legalization of POT that for the stopping of SEAL clubbling!! Why is that?

Because a flower that helps people throughout cancer or other debilitating diseases is banned and can get you thrown in jail, and it's natural rather than numerous synthetic chemicals that keeps US pharmacies rich.

How can you make nature illegal? I don't know but the US government found a way.

Nobody with any sort of proper thought patterns sees seal clubbing as a Canadian culture 'thing'.

Ignorance is bliss.

Pred...
edit on 31-5-2012 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Dreamer99
I am Canadian. I don't club seals. No one I know or have ever known has, to my knowledge, ever clubbed a seal. I have been aware of the problem for some time, and am not surprised by it. For you, however, to insinuate that I, a 'common Canadian', would have no problem with this is as far from the mark as you can get. Most Canadians live nowhere near any seal population, how can we rely on seal clubbing? I suppose you imagine I'm typing this from an igloo, too.

Educate yourself before you attempt to educate others.

The excuse of living nowhere near the seals is not a valid argument. I live no where near the Sun but I still get a tan.

When your country commits brutalities like this then unfortunately your get tarnished with the brush!!

Just like when Canada one day succeeds in something globally as a nation you will reap the glory in all its light. You can not pick and choose when you wish to be part of the team you are on!!
edit on 31-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

I've never hunted an animal in my life, let alone kill one, want to club me to death because I happen to live in a country where some idiots and some idiotic government officials exist? Fill your boots. And unless you live in Utopia I'm sure your government that you voted for has done just as heinous things but that's ok grab your club, beat me over the head with it and feel so much better about yourself, so superior, so morally justified in it because I happen to live in Canada and therefore I should be and am capable of making all laws, enforcing them or it's me that's just as guilty right?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by Six6Six

Im going to get all sort of crap for this from the Canadians on here. But its ok when they point out the attrocities of other countries.

Have you noticed most of the first replies to my thread bashed the Americans straight away. Even though im not American!!

Nobody is bashing Americans, we are simply pointing out because something happens in a country you cannot say everyone in said country is doing and supporting it, yet alone call it a national sport.

I just recently authored a thread about a bunch of stuff the Canadian government is doing to harm the environment.

It happens. Unfortunately, money runs the world and moneys more important than any sort of life on the planet.

It's not a citizen problem, it's a greed problem.

Pred...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join