It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why CANADA should hang its head in SHAME in 2012!! (Warning: Graphic Pics)

page: 8
32
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   


Here is a snippet from the site Myth: Canadian harvesting practices are worse and more inhumane compared to other countries. Reality: Canadian harvesting practices are among the best in the world. They are guided by rigorous animal welfare principles that are internationally recognized by virtually all independent observers. The Government of Canada monitors the seal harvest closely and it is committed to enforcing the regulations to the fullest extent of the law. According to Fisheries and Oceans observers, 98.5% of seals harvested in 2009 were harvested in compliance with the Marine Mammal Regulations, an indication of the high level of professionalism and the commitment to humaneness of Canadian sealers.
reply to post by BlueCollar1975
 


Wow you gave me a link to the Candian governments website...mmmmmmmm biased and lies spring to mind!!!!

Sorry but the Canadian government are hardly going to put on their government website that the Seal Clubber are evil are they.

Of course they are going to lie and make it sound like its the best thing for the seals etc etc......all BS

Why not this site!! Canada Welcomes you!!


edit on 1-6-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
Its 2012. Most nations are discussing political issues concerning war, education, hunger, crime and other such matters that we as the public have come to expect. Among all these nations is Canada. Canada seems to try and poke its nose into various businesses for example Libya of recent and its message to the world of its tolerant and peaceful nature.

I say WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

Canada seems to be sheep in wolfs clothes. It trys in vein to hide its horrendous and cruel true nature. Since at least the 60's Canada's CITIZENS have been partaking in a "SPORT" they often deny but altogether LOVE.

I am referring to Canadas favorite pastime: SEAL CLUBBING & BABY SEAL CLUBBING.


This is what a baby seal looks like when its healthy and most of all NOT clubbed to death for fun!!


Now, to the average Canadian this is a sport and a necessity, so they will not find this too disturbing or even wrong. However, as we are now in the year 2012, we as civilized societies with Human rights have also afforded animal certain rights too. There seems to be an Animal Rights act in Canada but it must be overlooked as this is part of Canadian culture.

In 2012, THIS YEAR, 400,000 seals were clubbed to death in their annual sporting event. That is nearly half a million. Each year seems to get progressively worse and yet nothing is done. There is a great charity / animal rights groups called Harpseals trying hard to get new laws past. HARPSEALS

It is hard to believe that this goes on at all let alone in a place like Canada. Below is a series of picture that REALLY show you the brutality of these Canadian Seal Killers.
Remember this is Graphic so please be advised.

First we have a couple of average Canadians looking harmless. Would you think these two or anyone like this could do the following?






I would like to add an extract from Harpseal.org which describes some of the harsh and barbaric things these Canadian sportsmen do!!


Once they find the seals, the true horrific nature of this bizarre event unfolds. In the first phase of the hunt (in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, dominated by sealers from the Magdalen Islands of Quebec), sealers typically approach the seals and then club them with 'hakapiks' (long sticks with a hooked blade at one end). After clubbing the seals, they are supposed to perform the 'blinking-eye' test, checking whether the seals blink, before skinning them. If the seal is not dead, sealers may dispatch the seal with a variety of methods, including kicking in the face and/ or continuing to beat the seal pups on the head with the hakapiks. The sealer may move on to other seals before skinning them or may skin them at that time. He will drag the seal to the boat with the hook end of the hakapik. If the sealer did not bother to check whether the seal was dead, the seal may conscious when the hooked blade is plunged into its mouth or head. An analysis by a panel of veterinarians showed that about 40% of the seals are actually skinned alive.



THIS NEEDS TO END. If there are any decent Canadians who do NOT agree with this practice which happens every year then please try and do something about it. Inform your MP's this is wrong and not the TRUE CANADIAN WAY.

Most Canadians call this HUNTING or a SPORT. But it is not. It is for PROFIT and PROFIT alone.

When Russia stands up and says it is sick and wrong then somehow you have to believe that given it's Russia and their track record on certain things.

Last year Russia banned all seal products:

Russia, Canada's largest pelt market, banned seal product imports in August 2011. This fantastic news means that the sealing industry will be even more decimated than it was as a result of the ban on seal product imports by the European Union in 2010.


I say shame on Canada and its national winter sport. It is not right. I do not know what caused modern Canada to still adopt this kind of cowardly approach to making money.


edit on 31-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)


Who's this Canada fellow? Is he the guy clubbing all these seals?

This is a hilarious attempt to paint an entire people with one brush. Not only are you giving hypocrisy a bad name, as I doubt you're out there morally crusading around cow, chicken and pig farms protesting the factories of death which puts the burgers in your belly, but you're showing a fine display of stupidity as well, which I find mildly repulsive but completely hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
With all the natural and man made fibers. Do we really need seal fur?


Yes because real fur is just better, it feels better, looks better. I like fur coats and just because humand invented some fabrics, doesn't mean i stop wearing it.

And what's the problems? Those seals are usually used, their meat is eaten, there are products made out of them. If it helps us humans it's good. We should first think about ourselves and not Seals, after all they reproduce, there seem to be more than enough Seals, so killing some and use them certainly can't be bad.



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
OP.. your a complete idiot and disgrace.. so ignorant! A small handful of Canadians, and you call the entire population shameful? I live in Ontario and I havent haerd about this ever.. until your post, which is very judgmental.. you think poeple as my self approve of this ? Canada is not a shamful country... make self-remarks towards your own country which is in TURMOIL! Im glad Im canadian and not american.. Id rather some people kill a portion of an artic species, rather kill our own people ... lol. But of COURSE I do not agree with this, and those who are taking part in destroying these innocent and beautiful creatures do deserve to be hung in my eyes.. but dont bad-talk my entire country... dosent make America look any better


You sir, should be ashamed of yourself. There is much worse things happening on Earth then some people killing seals.. which yes is very bad, but much worse is happening.

~ Love is an art



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six


Here is a snippet from the site Myth: Canadian harvesting practices are worse and more inhumane compared to other countries. Reality: Canadian harvesting practices are among the best in the world. They are guided by rigorous animal welfare principles that are internationally recognized by virtually all independent observers. The Government of Canada monitors the seal harvest closely and it is committed to enforcing the regulations to the fullest extent of the law. According to Fisheries and Oceans observers, 98.5% of seals harvested in 2009 were harvested in compliance with the Marine Mammal Regulations, an indication of the high level of professionalism and the commitment to humaneness of Canadian sealers.
reply to post by BlueCollar1975
 


Wow you gave me a link to the Candian governments website...mmmmmmmm biased and lies spring to mind!!!!

Sorry but the Canadian government are hardly going to put on their government website that the Seal Clubber are evil are they.

Of course they are going to lie and make it sound like its the best thing for the seals etc etc......all BS

Why not this site!! Canada Welcomes you!!


edit on 1-6-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)


What?? And harpseal.org isn't going to bias their opinion at all is it? I am going to copy, paste and adapt part of your reply, OP:

"Wow you gave me a link to the harpseal.org website...mmmmmmmm biased and lies spring to mind!!!!

Sorry but the harpseal.org owners are hardly going to put on their anti-seal clubbing website that the Seal Clubber are good are they?

Of course they are going to lie and make it sound like its the worst thing for the seals etc etc......all BS"

See what I did there?
edit on 1-6-2012 by SerialVelocity because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This just makes me think of England where we banned Fox hunting. Any sport that involves killing animals for the sake of it is wrong in my mind.

The only other thing I could think of was Clubby the Seal a flash game where you are a rogue Seal going around clubbing hunters to death:

www.2flashgames.com...



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I like how you lumped me in with a group of people i do not agree with, i love it when that happens. So. do you live in Canada?

Did you know that most of the canadian population is centered around the border to the states and the coasts, right? So how can every canadian be a seal clubber if all the seals are 3,000km north of us? Think we all travel on our nuclear powered dog sleds?

Get over it. All countries have wiped countless species off the planet -forever-. And your complaining about 'Canadians' (not just canadians btw), killing some seals? Im not saying i agree with it, im saying you need to stop painting all of us with the same brush.

guess what? its going to happen. There are far worse things on this planet then seal clubbing. Yes they are cute. So are kids, but you don't seem to mind that 1/2 of all children in the world don't have enough food to eat. The seal hunt has been around far longer than your life, and is under strict regulation. If the seal population gets much larger than it is now, then the coastal fisheries will be destroyed. Dont like it, take a boat and go try and stop them.

Note: Also, If you have such an issue with it. Why not talk to the consumers that buy seal products? They're the ones that are the problem, considering all industry is supply and demand, if there was no demand, then there would be no need for a supply, correct?

Notenote: Most of the replies i see are troll replies.
edit on 1/6/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wow the OP is actually retarded. The picture of average looking Canadians is actually Deaner and Farrel from FUBAR the movie..... We clearly have a troll here



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
this thread just sounds like all "normal" canadians are more concerned clearing their own name than doing something about the actual problem

the op's sentiments are even more true for your protesting of the thread title. You should all hang your head in shame.

Seal clubbing wouldn't be allowed to happen in somewhere like the UK or France so why is it allowed to happen in Canada? Because you're all to lazy to do something, would rather sit on the internet whinging about your countrymen being called into question

Canada hang your head in shame or go to do something.



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Note: Harp seals are OVERPOPULATED!
Because of peoples aversion to the seal hunt, the seals are now overpopulated and ravaging the ecosystem.

So you choose one animal, over another animal. Seems like the thing to do i guess.

So lets stop the seal hunt so we can allow the seals to continue the overpopulation trend, and then starve another 50 animals into extinction.
edit on 1/6/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
this thread just sounds like all "normal" canadians are more concerned clearing their own name than doing something about the actual problem

the op's sentiments are even more true for your protesting of the thread title. You should all hang your head in shame.

Seal clubbing wouldn't be allowed to happen in somewhere like the UK or France so why is it allowed to happen in Canada? Because you're all to lazy to do something, would rather sit on the internet whinging about your countrymen being called into question

Canada hang your head in shame or go to do something.


Good Job reading OP and jumping to last page.

i going to reply in a retarded way just cause it make sense at the rate these ignorant people are posting.

Seal huge amount, fish death, fisherman starve, seal kill regulated, seal all part eaten.




posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I like how you lumped me in with a group of people i do not agree with, i love it when that happens. So. do you live in Canada?

Did you know that most of the canadian population is centered around the border to the states and the coasts, right? So how can every canadian be a seal clubber if all the seals are 3,000km north of us? Think we all travel on our nuclear powered dog sleds?

Get over it. All countries have wiped countless species off the planet -forever-. And your complaining about 'Canadians' (not just canadians btw), killing some seals? Im not saying i agree with it, im saying you need to stop painting all of us with the same brush.

guess what? its going to happen. There are far worse things on this planet then seal clubbing. Yes they are cute. So are kids, but you don't seem to mind that 1/2 of all children in the world don't have enough food to eat. The seal hunt has been around far longer than your life, and is under strict regulation. If the seal population gets much larger than it is now, then the coastal fisheries will be destroyed. Dont like it, take a boat and go try and stop them.

Note: Also, If you have such an issue with it. Why not talk to the consumers that buy seal products? They're the ones that are the problem, considering all industry is supply and demand, if there was no demand, then there would be no need for a supply, correct?

Notenote: Most of the replies i see are troll replies.
edit on 1/6/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)


Another nonsense drivel comment!! You place distance as your reason why most Canadian don't seal club? BS.

You argument is so juvenile but then again I didn't expect much from you. You are backing the seal clubbing with your comment even though your try in a pathetic way to remove and distance yourself from it. Too bad you failed. But that may be in your nature.

A country is seen by what it does and what it fails at. And Canada is the seal clubbing capital. And you are the 3rd person to tell me about how the poor fishermen or fisheries are suffering....NOT MY PROBLEM as I do not care about them. Only about their actions toward hitting and killing animals in a barbaric way. Why can they not just shoot them cleanly through the head, one shot end of....NO they have to cowardly smack them across the head countless time with a spiked club...sometime skinning them alive. Scum!



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
this thread just sounds like all "normal" canadians are more concerned clearing their own name than doing something about the actual problem

the op's sentiments are even more true for your protesting of the thread title. You should all hang your head in shame.

Seal clubbing wouldn't be allowed to happen in somewhere like the UK or France so why is it allowed to happen in Canada? Because you're all to lazy to do something, would rather sit on the internet whinging about your countrymen being called into question

Canada hang your head in shame or go to do something.


At last a sensible and well constructed comment!!

What this person says is so true. Other decent countries would not allow this at all...NO MATTER WHAT!!



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

Most Canadians call this HUNTING...

I say shame on Canada and its national winter sport.


You are a complete dumbass with no education behind you. Canada's national winter sport is hockey. And your "most Canadians" quote not sure where you got that from. Stats Canada? Cite source please.



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
LOL and STFU.

I live in Canada, Ive never clubbed a seal you ignorant stereotyping biggoting stupid waiste of human skin.

Give me a #ing break. EVERY country does this to some animal or another. Since the begging of time. How is this any different than the 1.5 MILLION caged animals you slaughter EVERY day in your american factories?

Besides, if you take a look, and use some critical thinking (if you have it) youll notice that WHERE the seals are bring killed, there is NOTHING. BUT Millions of seals. This takes place sooo far north that this is the ONLY source of food, Fur and income for the Native Inuit people who live there. This is how they lived since before your ancestors even stepped foot here. The seals only have 2 natural predators up north, Polar bears and Killer Whales, so they breed like rats. That huge patch of seals you see them hearding is less than 0.1 percent of there population.

Your Ignorance makes me sick. I bet you eat meat and have owned leather shoes. of you have you can STFU right now.
edit on 1-6-2012 by kman420 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quoop
Wow the OP is actually retarded. The picture of average looking Canadians is actually Deaner and Farrel from FUBAR the movie..... We clearly have a troll here


Actually I typed into GOOGLE CANADA - "average looking candian" and if you then go to pics and few lines down in the pics and this pic is there. NO trolling boy!!

You are what you are!! What is wrong with those two guys I used. Type into google canada what I said and scroll down in the pics section slowly!!!!

Well done for failing, much like every canadians argument on this thread!!
edit on 1-6-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by Six6Six

Most Canadians call this HUNTING...

I say shame on Canada and its national winter sport.


You are a complete dumbass with no education behind you. Canada's national winter sport is hockey. And your "most Canadians" quote not sure where you got that from. Stats Canada? Cite source please.


He has no sources, that's why he ignored my reply about his lack of credible sources...



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
this thread just sounds like all "normal" canadians are more concerned clearing their own name than doing something about the actual problem

the op's sentiments are even more true for your protesting of the thread title. You should all hang your head in shame.

Seal clubbing wouldn't be allowed to happen in somewhere like the UK or France so why is it allowed to happen in Canada? Because you're all to lazy to do something, would rather sit on the internet whinging about your countrymen being called into question

Canada hang your head in shame or go to do something.


How about you tell your president to go do something about that BP oil spill in the Gulf which is affecting our pacific fish and wildlife. Go hang your head in shame UK.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So, the real question is.......How much money can be made doing this?

If they only killed 70,000 and the quota was 400,000 it seems to me like there is 330,000 seals that still need to be culled! I call it culled, because killed is such a harsh word. It makes me feel better as a Canadian to use that word instead.


Are we able to hunt seals on the west coast too? or is this just reserved for the east coast?

What do you think the best way to cull 330,000 seals are? would a 22 do it, or do i need something like a 302?


If seals are killing all the fish, when I gut the seals and find fish inside them, can I resell the fish as well?

Would it be appropriate of me to just hire people from the states to be on my "CULL TEAM" so I do not sully our Canadian name?

Can I just hire a bunch of Eskimos to do the culling? I mean they should already have the experience since that's all they eat anyways huh?

What type of Skidoo should I buy? Which one would be able to pull the most weight?

Which type of fishing boat has the most cargo hold?

Who do i sell this awesomely cute fur to? and how much should I charge?


What does seal meat taste like? I'm thinking bacon! seal bacon in the grocery store? anyone got a link?

This is the most pointless thread I have ever seen! OP, get a grip on reality. You care more for your dog than a fellow human being? WTF is wrong with you?
SEALS are not endangered, and eskimos have been hunting and killing them for food and fur since before you, or your self indulgence and idiotic statements where concocted.



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I was not intending to comment, however I feel compelled to, because in peoples attempts to argue the point they are just fanning the flames of the obvious Troll.

Look at Ops past commenting history and you will find evidence of this.



MODS please consider closing this thread as in this context the OP is clearly provided false facts.

Thanks

Side note: The average Canadian photo I find amusing as the individuals in the image are from a movie “FUBAR” an independent comedy. I believe there is more truth behind your avatar of your child then behind the images you provided.

EDIT: Looks like people finally smelling a troll coming out from his moms basement. I offer my comments above to further reinforce what has been said.
edit on 1-6-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
32
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join