It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I definitely get the energy boost/buzz effect, even on a single tablespoon dose.
If I take 2 tablespoons it is too much and I get a slight headache.
Does anyone else get headaches from a high dose?
(I should note it is a light headache, but as I rarely ever get them it is noticeable).

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X
I definitely get the energy boost/buzz effect, even on a single tablespoon dose.
If I take 2 tablespoons it is too much and I get a slight headache.
Does anyone else get headaches from a high dose?
(I should note it is a light headache, but as I rarely ever get them it is noticeable).

Yea happens to me too. If I take too big of a dose, I get a slight headache. SO I've noted what "too big of a dose" is in my case, and always take less then that. It's better off to dose throughout the day more often then to take one big one. I find I only need two doses. 1 first thing in the morning, and another and hour after lunch and I'm good to go all day long. If I take any more after lunch, then I can't fall asleep at night.

I have about 7 family members taking this, and they all swear by it and take it religiously now.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

I used to get bronchitis, found it was due to my water pipe use, now I only use a dry piece.

Is it humid where you reside? Do you also supplement with vitamin D3?

Hope you don't get sick this year.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by toastyr

Yes, I get bronchitis most likely because I am a smoker (light smoker). I know bad habit.

I live in the pacific northwest and it can be humid at times, but a damp and wet climate.

I take a double dose of Vitamin D because we don't get enough sun here and my last lab came back showing I was significantly Vitamin D deficient.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I used to live in South Seattle (bad area), then in Redmond, loved both places really. Was there for a total of 6 years so I learned about the humidity, lol. You are also in a legal medicinal/recrational state for cannabis and smoke cigarettes(assumption here), you should switch up and smoke the healthier of the two.

So, just curious, how much is a double dose of vitamin D3? Are you also taking magnesium and zinc?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
hi all,
nube here, hello! i'm making my 1st post here as this is 1 topic i have background in. while not a scientist, i do love science. i've been a licensed professional in the skin, hair, beauty & health industry for awhile so i thought i'd add my 2 cents to the pot.
1. vit c is great, necessary & vital in proper amounts. while hard to OD to death you could damage your stomach, intestines & possibly kidneys. too much vit c can cause major gastric upset, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. taken in super excess dosages over long time periods could cause dehydration, electrolyte imbalances, possible internal bleeding & kidney damage, happening in the most extreme circumstances.
doing this would be ridiculous & painful. as many have said, the body only absorbs a certain amount at a time & the rest is excreted. smaller doses spread over a period of time is best.
* vit c from any source supplement or au natural, can interfere w/other supplements, medications like antibiotics & their absorption. if you are taking anything for an illness & you take vit c, check w/your pharmacist or doc to see if there are any issues.
2. vit c is water soluble & why we only absorb a certain amount. vit c is not fat soluble so it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier.
3. reason for using distilled water opposed to tap: there are minerals, possible sediments, chlorine, etc, that will negate, destroy, change ph values rendering the ingredients useless. distilled, reverse osmosis, purified water are best, will not alter the outcome of the product & are readily available.
4. the liposome lecithin is used to enhance product penetration. it's made by isolating certain molecules from the lecithin that are smaller & have all nutritional properties intact. lecithin is a fat & 1 of the necessary fats we need to survive. making it isn't as simple as whipping it up in a blender. try taking enzymes w/meals or supplements instead, they help to break down nutrients for better absorption.
5. there's many types of vit c available, several forms, from a variety of sources. not sure if we're talking about ingesting the vit c, making a topical for skincare, so a bit on both.
- for ingesting it's best to go w/a food based/ direct from source supplement. w/ supplements if not made or preserved in a certain way then IMHO you're just wasting your time & money. equate it to eating an actual balanced homemade meal that was made from whole foods instead of over processed junk. the less processed it is & made under ideal circumstances the more bioavailability it has in your system. 1 method to extract/preserve ingredients, keeping all nutrients intact, is called "critical CO2 extraction or preservation" common w/many high end supplements found at health food stores or the like. a cheaper way of extracting, processing or preserving an ingredient or supplement is w/extreme heat or various chemicals. by the time the product is finished there's not much left of benefit.
the better supplements can be more expensive because it costs more to make them & preserve them under ideal circumstances. but.. your body will absorb them better & with some things like extracts they are so potent & pure that you may very well need less. as w/hair & skin care products, the better products are made w/better ingredients, organic, have the right ratios, the right molecular balance, etc. they aren't full of unnecessary fillers, preservatives, chemicals etc. since they are more pure they are not made to sit on a shelf for long periods of time like cheaper alternatives found in convenience or super markets. there are many websites that have the best products on sale that will save you lots of $.
- topically applied vit c is not easy to make. there are several factors in making a serum that's actually of benefit to your skin. again there are many forms of vit c, forms best suited for ingestion may not be the best for a topical as some are more irritating to skin than others. some forms are very light sensitive, this is why some serums come in a dark glass bottle. like many supplements, vit c can be damaged or go bad from air exposure, improper storage, heat, moisture, etc. i saw a comment stating the formula they made was less potent after a day or so, this is why.
if you think you're getting something from what you are making then it may be better to just make enough for 1 day so you aren't waisting your products.
skin is meant as a barrier, to keep germs out. in order for a topical to be beneficial it needs to be coaxed into the skin. other ingredients are added to increase the bioavailability to your skin like a liposome, ingredients to balance the ph, increase shelf life of the product & some type of preservative is added to prevent bacteria from growing. there are many natural preservatives available & some essential oils that act in a similar manner.
there are some great forums on all things skincare, just search! hope this is of some help.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So I made my second batch tonight, this time I used the blender for each but separately done. It separated the first time and I'm using a big USC, 2.6 L I think. I have been tripling the batches.

Do you all get a lot of foam on the lecithin? It is some funky thick foam, I scooped it all out before I put it in the USC. It looks like it came out much better too, it didn't separate like the first batch where I didn't use the blender.

This stuff so far has boosted my energy levels, I took 6 tablespoons in the morning and 6 at noon, will try and get some more of the fam and friends to try it out.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I've been taking liposomal vitamin C for about 6 weeks now. I started taking one ounce twice a day, but really didn't experience any rush of energy that other people have had, so I upped it to twice that amount and still had no real increase in energy. I'm now only taking one ounce in the morning, mainly because I can't get the sunflower lecethin locally, so am trying to make supplies last.

The benefits for me are that I am waking up feeling more rested but one thing that I have really noticed is that my skin has been so much better since taking it. I'm one of those very lucky people who is reaching middle age and still has the skin of a teenager
I didn't get a chance to make any last weekend, and this week have had my first real breakout since starting on it, so I will definitely keep taking it for that alone. I have had a cold in the last few weeks, but it was mild compared to those who I caught it from, so also another bonus.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWetNoseClub

Wetnose – You say you have a background on this topic, but your post really shows just how little you know about how Liposomal actually works. Also you say you are a licensed individual which I take it to mean your knowledge is only based on what you have been “taught”.

I also have a problem when you make certain claims and back it up with nothing. It also makes it look like you haven't really read this thread.

Since this is your 1st post I'll go light on you
but please next time put some space in your post so it isn't a wall of text. It makes it much more easy for us to read.

First of all – this thread is about “Liposomal” Vitamin C.

YOU SAY:

vit c is great, necessary & vital in proper amounts. while hard to OD to death you could damage your stomach, intestines & possibly kidneys. too much vit c can cause major gastric upset, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. taken in super excess dosages over long time periods could cause dehydration, electrolyte imbalances, possible internal bleeding & kidney damage, happening in the most extreme circumstances. doing this would be ridiculous & painful. as many have said, the body only absorbs a certain amount at a time & the rest is excreted. smaller doses spread over a period of time is best.

2. vit c is water soluble & why we only absorb a certain amount. vit c is not fat soluble so it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier.

This applies to over the counter tablet supplements – Not Liposomal Vitamin C.

Liposomal Vitamin C doesn’t even make it into the intestines, as it is immediately absorbed into the stomach lining. That is the beauty of liposomes. The liposomes are absorbed by melting into the human cell, since they have an outer layer (membrane) that is made from the same phospholipids as the cell membrane of the stomach lining.

Liposomal absorption is very different from intestinal absorption. Most nutrients and drugs are molecules that are too large to be absorbed. The most common way for food absorption is to break down the nutritional molecules to a size where they can slip between the stomach and intestinal cell walls and enter the blood stream. The liver and other organs then re-assemble the molecules.

Liposomal vitamin C absorption is very different because it directly enters the cell. The fat layer of the liposome protects the vitamin C from coming into direct contact with the stomach and intestines. This protection prevents the intestinal side effects of ascorbic acid (vitamin C).

Source

YOU SAY:

4. the liposome lecithin is used to enhance product penetration. it's made by isolating certain molecules from the lecithin that are smaller & have all nutritional properties intact. lecithin is a fat & 1 of the necessary fats we need to survive. making it isn't as simple as whipping it up in a blender. try taking enzymes w/meals or supplements instead, they help to break down nutrients for better absorption.

Ummm, no we just aren’t whipping it up with a blender. You must go through the sonification process in order to break the molecules into a cellular size for better absorption.

Liposomal Vitamin C needs to be taken on an empty stomach so as not to compete with other foods in the stomach for better absorption.

YOU SAY:

5. there's many types of vit c available, several forms, from a variety of sources. not sure if we're talking about ingesting the vit c, making a topical for skincare, so a bit on both.
- for ingesting it's best to go w/a food based/ direct from source supplement….

You appear to be comingling information about over the counter supplements and Liposomal Vitamin C.

Liposomal Vitamin is NOT an over the counter supplement. Liposomal Vitamin C is like taking Vitamin C by IV, but better.

YOU SAY:

... some forms are very light sensitive…

Yes, this has been covered.

YOU SAY:

if you think you're getting something from what you are making then it may be better to just make enough for 1 day so you aren't waisting your products.

You base this on what? We are going by Dr. Bradley Brook’s protocol.

This solution will keep at room temperature for 3-4 days. Refrigerated, it will keep much longer.
The homogenizing effect is so powerful that after 3 days at room temperature, no precipitation of solution separation appears evident.

This is the source of the original Liposomal Vitamin C method from Dr. Bradley Brooks:

Source

I highly recommend you read the thread in my signature: Vitamin C - What You Don't Know May Kill You.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Julie...thanks for replying to wetnose. My reply would have not have been as informative, nor gentle....

How is your Mother doing...better I Pray.

Des

edit on 2-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ok, so I did the baking soda test on my first batch (no blender) and it had a very small foam head, not even an 1/8" of foam, which aparently is a good thing.

I tried the same test on the new batch (blender used) that had hardly any separation and got a huge head of foam over an inch, what the heck, threw it all back in the USC, will check it again later.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Julie...thanks for replying to wetnose. My reply would have not have been as informative, nor gentle....

How is your Mother doing...better I Pray.

Des

edit on 2-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Thanks Des, mom is actually doing better than expected.

She has just been transfered to a care center for rehabilitation.

As of yesterday, she can move her left hand and fingers and raise her elbow about an inch off the bed. Prior to this she has not been able to any of that - so this is a huge improvement.

I'm giving Vitamin C all the credit, because her physical therapy doesn't start until Monday

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by toastyr
Ok, so I did the baking soda test on my first batch (no blender) and it had a very small foam head, not even an 1/8" of foam, which aparently is a good thing.

I tried the same test on the new batch (blender used) that had hardly any separation and got a huge head of foam over an inch, what the heck, threw it all back in the USC, will check it again later.

Keep trying

Here is a nice short video for everyone on how easy the process is!

edit on 2-3-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Hi Julie ok ill try upping it to 4 tablespoons, yes ive been using a measuring spoon, thanks yet again for the advice.
Also my vit c is fresh and kept in the correct conditions

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I came across some important information reading the forums over at the Vitamin C Foundation regarding false high blood glucose readings.

A poster earlier in this thread (sorry don't remember who it was) who started taking Liposomal Vitamin C said he was getting high blood glucose readings and was going to cut back on the Liposomal Vitamin C.

It is a false high blood glucose reading - It is measuring the Vitamin C!

Over at the forum they have been testing glucose readings every 10 minutes after taking Vitamin C and watching how the blood readings go up and how long it takes for them to go down.

This was also confirmed by the Riordan Clinic here:

PDF Report

The report showed that a woman that was taking IV Vitamin C showed a high glucose reading and was treated with Insulin and went into hypoglycemic shock! So the high glucose reading was wrong. It was measuring the Vitamin C!

Vitamin C Foundation Forum-Blood Glucose Test

So evidently the glucose testers can be used to test the rise of vitamin c in your blood!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Still working on mine and doing additional research. I don't recall seeing any of this information on here, perhaps it's here and I overlooked it, what do you all make of this?

There is a risk of liposomes transporting impurities past the body's safety barriers. You should use quality ingredients and be careful with experimenting on yourself -- especially with plant extracts. Stick with highly purified, isolated ingredients.

There also is a second danger to beware of with liposomal vitamin C: You must use the SODIUM ASCORBATE form of vitamin C, or add baking soda to the Ascorbic Acid in the proper ratio to form Sodium Ascorbate. If you just use Ascorbic Acid, you could cause Acidosis, which is acidification of the blood. This extremely dangerous, and very possibly fatal.

Please do not kill yourself with this powerful technology. You will get vitamin C banned for the rest of us.

Safety of liposomal encapsulated supplements

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by toastyr

thanks for that! i was just coming here this morning to post a question about adding baking soda to the lipo vita c to see if that would reduce the sourness of it. plus i had read something about taking too much throwing off your blood's PH balance.

so to my questions;

1) will adding baking soda reduce the affects of the lipo c?
2) if not at what step would you add it?
3) how much would you add to the standard recipe?

thanks all!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by toastyr

There also is a second danger to beware of with liposomal vitamin C: You must use the SODIUM ASCORBATE form of vitamin C, or add baking soda to the Ascorbic Acid in the proper ratio to form Sodium Ascorbate. If you just use Ascorbic Acid, you could cause Acidosis, which is acidification of the blood. This extremely dangerous, and very possibly fatal.

Please do not kill yourself with this powerful technology. You will get vitamin C banned for the rest of us.

I think your above statement is some facts kinda mixed up.

For clarification of these things it is always best to go to the originator of homemade Liposomal Vitamin C "Pdazzler".

I believe the sodium ascorbate is used only in IV's. But I'm not sure on that so I will post the question about this and the acidity situation over at the Vit C foundation forum and will post back when I have the answer.

However, you can make a ph balanced receipe. Here he uses pharmaceutical grade Vitamin C:

This recipe will give you a product between 7.0 and 7.5 (measured with Alkalive pH Stix) or similar pH to human blood so there is no risk of over acidifying your blood should you take significant amounts of your homemade Liposomal Vitamin C Ascorbate.

(Blood pH is tightly controlled by the body at near 7.35 pH. If your blood pH were much above or below that number you would be a very sick person.)

Creating an identical pH in your liposomal brew is simply a matter of carefully adjusting the level of bicarbonate of soda.

This Vitamin C Ascorbate recipe is a compilation of several postings on forums and Pdazzler’s own trials in the kitchen.

Using a small (2 cup) Ultrasonic cleaner, (Item #03305, obtainable from Harbor Freight @ about $30.00), we performed the following:

1. In qt mixing jar pour 1 cup of distilled water. Add 3 level Tablespoons of granular soy lecithin (NOW has non-genetically modified soy lecithin) and agitate vigorously for 3 - 5 minutes.

Then place the lecithin mixture in the refrigerator for two or more hours. (You can leave in refrigerator overnight if you prefer.) This allows lecithin granules to soak up water for easy mixing into solution.

Note: Mixing can be accomplished easier if you raise the temperature of the distilled water being used to 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit). I have found this unnecessary in getting high quality mixtures but others have found this warmer temperature helpful.

After 2 hour soaking period vigorously agitate the mixture for another 3 - 5 minutes. At the conclusion there should be no lecithin granules visible. Set this smooth lecithin mixture aside.

2. Dissolved 1 level Tablespoon of Pharmaceutical grade Vitamin C powder in 2 oz. of distilled water. We recommend you use a 6 oz. or larger screw lid jar so you can shake vigorously.

3. Dissolve heaping Tablespoon of Bob’s Red Mill Bicarbonate of Soda (Bob’s is Aluminum free) in 2 oz. of distilled water using a separate 6 oz. or larger screw lid jar. Shake or agitate the mixture 3 minutes or until soda dissolved.

*One mole of sodium bicarbonate is 84 grams, and one mole of ascorbic acid is 176 grams. So, the correct (stoichiometric) ratio of sodium bicarbonate to ascorbic acid is 84/176 = 0.477. For example, it would take 477 milligrams of sodium bicarbonate to neutralize 1000 milligrams of ascorbic acid.

**What follows is often the most difficult part of the process for those new to making homemade liposomal Vitamin C Ascorbate.

While stirring the Vitamin C / distilled water solution very slowly pour/dribble the dissolved bicarbonate of soda/water mixture into the Vitamin C / distilled water solution. (Pour soda solution very slowly as the resulting mixture will bubble. By pouring slowing and constantly stirring you will be able to mix the two without bubbling over.)

At the conclusion of mixing the bicarbonate of soda mixture into the Vitamin C mixture all bubbling will cease. If you have any soda settled in the jar pour the resulting total mix together into that jar, swirl and pour the resulting Vitamin C / Bicarbonate of Soda mixture into the Ultrasonic Cleaner.

4. Pour the Lecithin solution into ultrasonic cleaner bowl with the Vitamin C / Bicarbonate of Soda mixture and stir the contents together.

5. Turn the ultrasonic cleaner on and using a plastic straw (leaving the top of the cleaner opened), gently, slowly, stirred the contents.

Note: The cleaner will, automatically, self-stop about every 2 minutes. Just push ON button to repeat.

Pdazzler

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

thank you for that! i did some more googling and reading today and from what i can gather using sodium ascorbate will still work and taste better but making it with ascorbic acid will be more potent. does that seem like an accurate statement?

also it hinges on how well you get the ascorbic acid encapsulated too. if you get a high % of encapsulation then it shouldn't taste sour and should mainly taste like the lecithin. which can be verified by doing the baking soda test.

could you then take this one step further and make your lipo vita c with ascorbic acid and when the entire process was complete mix in baking soda to neutralize the non encapsulated ascorbic acid? so you would end up with lipo encapsulated ascorbic acid and non lip encapsulated sodium ascorbate. would that be the "best of both worlds"? you would get the potency of the ascorbic acid being delivered directly to your cells from the liposomes and better taste and a still acceptable form of sodium ascorbate being absorbed through your intestines?

if my above train of thought is correct how would you figure out how much baking soda to add to your finished product? slowly add baking soda until the bubbling stops?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been asked, can you use

Vitamin C Buffered Ascorbic Acid Powder ?

Thanks, I'm trying to come up with the cheapest way to put it all together
& still trying to decide on which sonicator.

Source www.holisherb.com...

Cheers
Ektar

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join