OK so i made a new batch last night with the liquid sunflower lecithin, here were my steps.
1) put 1 cup water in my blender
2) added 1 tablespoon sunflower lecithin to that water (this stuff is thick, like molasses)
3) filled measuring cup with 1/2 cup water
4) added 1 tablespoon vita c to that
5) blended lecithin and mixed vita c (separately)
6) let soak for about 30 minutes
7) combined lecithin and vita c in blender and blended for a couple of minute
8) sonicated until foam/bubbles went away, took about 30 minutes
I also took pictures along the way, here they are.
This is from the first "bad" batch i made last night, this was after some more settling from the first picture i posted
This next one is the sunflower lecithin in the water before blending
This one is the lecithin after blending and soaking for 30 minutes
this is the dissolved vita c (apparently i never waited long enough before to let it fully dissolve)
and here it is sonicating
finished product right after sonicating
and finally how this batch looked this morning
so as you can see there is still some separation in this batch but not near as much as the first one. i'm guessing that this is just the way the
sunflower lecithin will be since its in a liquid form.
As of this posting its been a little over an hour since taking some from this batch and so far no negative side affects. I stirred it up with a spoon
and then took 3 spoon fulls.
Also i would say so far the taste is "better" then the soy stuff. Its still nasty but i only get a sour taste when taking it instead of the gross
soy taste along with the sour taste like before. I'm thinking this stuff will mix with OJ or something similar to mask the taste much better than the
So if anyone has any experience with the liquid sunflower lecithin let me know if it matches mine posted here please!
and finally a question, if i add baking soda to neutralize the sour taste a little bit will that affect the lipo vita c in anyway?