It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X
I definitely get the energy boost/buzz effect, even on a single tablespoon dose.
If I take 2 tablespoons it is too much and I get a slight headache.
Does anyone else get headaches from a high dose?
(I should note it is a light headache, but as I rarely ever get them it is noticeable).

I was getting great energy from the soy lecithin combo, but it was giving me a headache. I switched to sunflower lecithin and the headaches stopped.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blackangel13

I love the fact that you think outside the box.... but now you're getting into questions I can't answer. I highly recommend you post those questions over at the vitamin c foundation forum. There are doctors and chemists over there that could answer your questions much better

Ektar's question about using buffered? I remember the answser was no, but can't remember why. But the link you provided is not buffered and should work just fine.

Hardamber: Good to know about switching from soy to sunflower - several posters have had headaches.

I also wanted to share that I have now purchased my 3rd ultrasonic cleaner.

I decided to upgrade to an industrial one with higher watts. And boy does it work better. The $25.00 ones don't even compare to how this thing sonicates. Sonification is one of the most important parts of the process.

This is the one that I bought at amazon.

Industrial Sonicator

It is a little more expensive at $80.00, but well worth the price!

Plus I love that I can make double batches and spend less time in the kitchen cooking up my vitamin C!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

wow that's interesting I will try some sunflower lecithin then.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I just had two of the best encapsulated batches yet. My brews were coming out slightly sour/oily flavored before and was having good results in pain relief and energy. I am up to doing up to 80 pushups a day finally again after my injury last year, and when I started the liposomal C I was lucky to be able to do 15!

But as to what I changed, I added a 15 minute break in the middle of the sonication process to prevent what little warming I was getting before. My ultrasonic machine did not overly warm the solution as others describe, but in the last 5 minutes it would get warmer than it started out was. After adding the fifteen minute break and extending the cool down time before mixing till the lecithin was tepid, I can taste no sourness whatsoever really and the mix is really effective.

Julie I have the same cheapo units you had before you got the bigger one, and I am thinking I need the bigger one also, as now I have half the shop taking this stuff and I still find myself being the provider for a few of them, and it seems all I do is sit around stirring my lipo c lol.

I now take a couple oz three times a day, and have never felt better in my entire life. I think it does make the lense in your eye more flexible as I can read finer print than I could before, and that is no placebo effect. I sleep well through the night and life has improved for me much since starting on this treatment.

I wish I could do more, but THANK YOU Dominicus and Julie washington for taking the time to share this with us all. My wife's pain level is nothing like it used to be as she suffers from lower back pain and sometimes really bad, but I don't see her laying on her heating pad all the time like she used to and she is up and about much more than before. She stopped taking her evening dose because she said it was like amphetamines for her and she can't sleep if she takes it later in the day.

Even hemmorhoids are much improved lol I know TMI TMI but it has helped there too. Talk about an all over body tonic.

THANK YOU One more time, cannot say it enough.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your info coopdog as that is incredible.
I haven't started yet but will try to order everything tonight.
What do you guys think of this machine & has anyone used it?

Source www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_sbs_sg_18

Cheers
Ektar

Will be doing the Sunflower Lecithin
edit on 6-3-2013 by Ektar because: missing info

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I've been following this thread for a very long time, reading the reviews and experiences of different members. I made the first batch this afternoon and will start taking it tomorrow morning.

Will return with an update in a few days.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I take 2 oz in the morning and one at 3-4pm....any later and it keeps me up at night. I had terrible insomnia for 5 days couldn't figure it out then read a post in here that mentioned evening doses. Thanks....

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
Thanks for sharing your info coopdog as that is incredible.
I haven't started yet but will try to order everything tonight.
What do you guys think of this machine & has anyone used it?

Source www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_sbs_sg_18

Cheers
Ektar

Will be doing the Sunflower Lecithin
edit on 6-3-2013 by Ektar because: missing info

Ektar - if you can afford it, I would get the one that I posted a link to a couple of posts above this.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thank you for your prompt response. I keep teetering between the 2...
1) no $$ coming in...
2) I know it's in me head, but want to make sure it's going to help to
help me (I'm sure it will)
Guess I was trying to go in the middle & thought that was a pretty good deal...
750mls for ~$26 plus $9 shipping & it's the same company as your model & has
great reviews. However I highly value your opinion since it appears you've had several
machines. So if it's night & day difference I'll do it.

Bloody look how long it's taken me to finely participate, LOL!
I've followed your thread from the beginning & was waiting to see results
prior to jumping on the wagon. I'm ready for the Full Ride!
Much thanks to you & Dominicus for ALL your effort!

Cheers
Ektar

Hope your mum's health continues to keep progressing!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yeah I must have waited 6 months before I tried it also. First time I saw it I was like, YEah too good to be true is usually too good to be true. Then when I came across the highlights thread Julie put together I was blown away, here were several people who's opinion I trust spouting incredible results. This stuff has helped a lot of people in my world since I found out about it.

The trouble I see with those bigger machines is how do you dump the lipo C after it is finished? Do you dump it into a big bowl? WIth my small one I can dump it into a large measuring cup, tho awkwardly, and then into my jar. Do you dump it out into a big bowl or what? They look like they would be hard to maneuver with one hand to get the fluid out.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have to tell you that dealing with the medical field on many levels the last 2 weeks is sometimes frustrating and other time downright maddening.

Just got into a heated arguement with the Director of Nursing at the rehab facility my mom is in.

I just get so excited about the vitamin c and then get the "rolling of the eye".

SHE SAYS: "It doesn't matter how much you give your mom, she can only absorb so much before it is excreted in the urine"

Me: NO, actually because of the liposomal method of delivery nearly 100% is absorbed into the stomach lining...."

SHE SAYS "Well it's not going to help her energy level"

Me: Well, actually it's going to help a lot, but I need to up her dosage"

SHE SAYS "Well the high doses you talk about need to be done by IV".

Me: Actually liposomal delivery is superior to IV and provides 5x's the amount of IV.

SHE SAYS: "No amount of vitman C is going to help her because it's been proven to not be beneficial".

Me: Well, actually you are quite wrong and I have the "Pubmed" medical studies to back it up with"

SHE SAYS: "Well, I have to go to another appointment and we'll continue this later".

Me: Oh yes we will, I look forward to it!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

Hey Coop. I use a Ladle to transfer my liquid from sonic unit to quart jars. You can also get these from any grocery store, and Dollar type stores, in plastic.....they also come in different sizes from 1oz on up...works great!

Des

edit on 7-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Sorry about your day, that's just bloody damn aggravating! Seems like
working in the medical field we're always having to listen as well as provide
a whole lot of education to clients as well as co-workers.

I'm glad you stood your ground. If they only knew what you know & how many
people have greatly benefited from all your hard work. I hope she comes to a realization
that she needs to open up her mind a bit.

Des sorry I didn't mean to leave you out above. You have been another one
who has adamantly followed & participate in this wonderful beneficial thread
& also a reason I decided to give this a go. I just need to decide between the
2 machines. I want to order tonight so I can get started.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of sonicator do you have?
Did you go through 2 or 3 different one's like Julie has? Thank you.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hi there everybody,

I registered ages ago after being a long time lurker but have always chickened out of posting until l came upon this thread a couple of months ago. I can't exactly recall what led me here but after the reading the entire thread, the many personal stories of the wonderful effects LVC inspired me to try this myself. This, my first post, and apologies in advance for the length, is my journey so far in the world of homemade LVC.

I live in regional Australia so getting all the ingredients easily and quickly was never going to be an option, particularly the Sunflower Lecithin, which was quite pricey as it came from the UK. The almost 2 week wait was excruciating! Whilst waiting for it, l got the AA via Ebay and the distilled water from Woolies, which was a huge bonus! The most important part, the USC, to my great fortune, was to be available at Aldi's, just a few days after l decided to commit to the DIY LVC! Double bonus!

So l started about 6 weeks ago, taking 50-60ml in the morning and same in the afternoon if l'm at home and haven't forgotten! The taste is freaking gross so chasing it down with a bit of OJ makes it a bit less unpleasant. Some batches have been better than others and my last one, l have added baking soda/distilled water mix to it, which makes it much more palatable and has alleviated the over acidity concerns l had.

So what has it done for me? Heaps! I don't get an "energy hit" after 10-15mins like others do, but l do have increased energy levels. I do sleep better, so l don't feel like l've been hit by a truck when l wake up in the morning anymore. My overall mood and feeling of well being has improved. The biggest differences l have noticed though are why l love this stuff so much.

The first one is: that l am one of those unlucky ones that still get pimples, ya, l'm in my early 40's and it sucks!! I swear if l have just 3 or 4 squares of some Cadbury Dairy Milk, a big fat zit will appear the next day or so. And usually it's one of those big under the skin ones! But since taking LVC l have had not one of those at all!!! In fact, l've just had a few small ones start to develop and then disappear within a day or two. No new blackheads either and the abundance of ones l had on my nose can no longer be squeezed (not that l have in years) as there's nothing there to squeeze out, it's just little pock marks now, which l believe after all these years are shrinking!

Only an adult acne sufferer will know just how wonderful it is to be free of this 25 year+ curse and just how more confident and happier you are. Overall, my face looks much less ruddier and is more softer and just looks a whole lot better.

The next biggest difference is that my diet has changed. I used to have about 6 cups of coffee a day (yeah, not good l know, but most of them l'd only drink half the cup! lol). Now, l have my one in the morning and may be one or two more (which l still half drink) for the rest of the day. So that's 3 less teaspoons of sugar l'm having a day.

Now, l've always had a very healthy appetite. The way l ate l really should be the size of a house with the very little exercise l did. But since taking LVC, I'm not craving lollies and snacks not nearly as much as before, as l am so full from when l do eat lunch and dinner that l just don't feel l need them! I still do snack, but instead of eating a whole bag of chips, l might just have a little bowl full.

In short, l'm eating way less than before, my portion sizes have reduced significantly and l'm eating a whole better. Since taking LVC and being a bit more active (cause l now have the energy to!) l've lost almost 2.3kgs (almost 5lbs) in 6 weeks. Now l'm not overweight by any means but was wanting to lose about 10kgs and l'm almost a quarter way there already! Woo-hoo!

And finally, l suggested to a work colleague who has severe rheumatoid arthritis and pain to try some LVC to see if it might have some positive effects for her. She started about a week after me and although she's taking smaller doses, she says that her pain and inflammation has reduced, so much that she's not taking as many painkillers anymore. She has greater energy levels and is just feeling better. She is planning to start making LVC herself so she can up her dosages and not ration out my batches l give her! lol.

I say to any sceptics out there, unless medically contraindicated, l say just try it. And for any fellow aussies out there who are considering making LVC, l'm more than happy to provide any info on how l go about it.

And finally, no really, lol, thank you from the bottom of my heart to Julie and all the other contributors to this thread for sharing your knowledge, experiences and thoughts. You are inspiring people, helping people help themselves and having a real positive impact on people's lives. Bless you all.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pseudoecho

Pseudo,

Thanks for your testimony, it will add greatly to the information provided by all that have been helped by LipoC.

Glad you are another satisfied customer.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Hi, I went for the big one right away, not gonna mess around as it can be used to actually make good vitamins. Plus you can make half batches too.

So, as I stated before, I was having issues with the mixture separating and a tall foam head for the baking soda test. After much research, I found that the lecithin/water mixture should be heated to 112*F and thouroughly mixed, then add the vitamin C and cool it down quickly. I put the mixture in mason jars, shake the crap out of them and put them in the refrigerator for later sonification when the mixture is cold.

I put ice cubes and water in ziplock bags and use that to cool the mixture whenever it gets too hot. I try not to let it get above 80*F while sonificating and will cool it down to 50*F if it gets too hot and then resume the sonification until all of the foam is gone.

This method has resulted in a very stable mixture with very little to no separation and the taste is much more palatable.

Making half batches is very fast with this bigger machine and supposedly better at making smaller liposomes, but I go through a lot now that I've introduced it to my Mom, Dad, Son and a close friend so I make a full batch now.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
I've been following this thread for a very long time, reading the reviews and experiences of different members. I made the first batch this afternoon and will start taking it tomorrow morning.

Will return with an update in a few days.

On the third day now...a little update.

I haven't had a clearer vision as some have, nor do I feel an extraordinary boost of energy although I do notice a difference, especially in the evening. The first day must have been like a cleansing process or something...my stomach turned into a mild battlefield...I was also feeling moody most of the day (which isn't me at all)...the second day, I woke up relaxed, kinda surprising
I also had a slight headache but it didn't last long. This is my third day. I woke up relaxed once more (I love that!!), no headache, no stomach wars, just an overall good feeling.

So far, it does have positive effects, the first one being that I noticed that I smoke less since starting it. The second is that I get hungry about a half hour after taking it in the morning and I now have breakfast - which I NEVER had in my life, my daily ritual was coffee, cigarette, shower, work. I just was never hungry in the morning. That changed.

Oh...and my one eyed snake is now having a life of its own...
TMI I know...

Overall so far, I don't think this is a placebo effect, the results are starting to show and I agree with members that find the the taste to be absolutely horrendous...I take it twice a day only. Morning and afternoon and I do notice being more energetic at night at work. A plus for sure.

I never really took vitamine C before but do take vitamine D in the winter time - which I now stopped.

I think I will be in for enjoyable surprises as time goes by...will update again in a few weeks time.

Dominicus & Julie Washington...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have finally completed all purchases & hope to have everything by the end of
the week. I took the hit to the wallet due to the ability of making a larger batch,
avoiding over heating ,& possible better encapsulation running a smaller batch
in a larger machine?

Julie I purchased same machine as you. Please let me know if yours
actually says Kendal on it...there are discrepancies between that & the 4820
& the seller on Amazon had the 2 different ones on different pages calling both
a Kendal. Please let us know if you're liking your new machine.

Are you doing double batches or small ones for better encapsulation?
Not sure if true but thought I read some where that with the larger machine
due to a thinner layer you achieve a higher encapsulation due to smaller particles...

Is that true?

Thanks You, Dominicus, & Des for your inspiration & a thanks to all who have
contributed to this awesome thread. Cannot wait for the Magic!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Not sure about the difference.

This is the one I bought:

Son icator

I see nothing on it that says Kendall?

Looks like the trademark is Codyson.

But they sure look the same. I'm sure they are both good. Many times they can be the same unit just marketed by different companies that stamp their name on it.

I'm sure you're good.

Mine vibrates sooooo much louder and stronger than the $25.00 units. You can just tell it works better.

Also I like to add a tip: Sonicators heat up. All my separation issues I'm sure are from the mixture getting too warm. That is why I always chill my lecithin in the refrigerator the day and night before and start with a COLD mixture so it doesn't heat up to the point of separation.

I haven't needed to cool down between sonicating session by doing this, however it doesn't hurt

new topics

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join