It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I found this important dosage information in Dr. Levy's new book Primal Panacea. I'm currently reading it and highly recommend it!

Dr Levy explains that 6 grams of vitamin C daily in divided doses (or 2 grams of liposomal vitamin C) is a good starting point for a healthy adult but that as we each have different needs for vitamin C which change over time, ideally we should each start by working out our bowel tolerance dose of vitamin C using sodium ascorbate power. (Liposomal vitamin C doesn't cause loose stools, as almost all of it is absorbed by the body. So this form of vitamin C is not helpful in determining the bowel tolerance dose of vitamin C; the dose our body needs at any one time.)

Dr Levy recommends...paying close attention to how you feel and letting this be a guide to how appropriate your current dosage is. If you feel good at a certain dosage of vitamin C, then you raise it a little more and find no increased benefit, then you are probably taking as much as your body can use.

When you have worked out your necessary dosage, you can take it as sodium ascorbate or liposomal vitamin C or a combination of the two. 1 gram of liposomal C = 3-4 grams of sodium ascorbate powder, 2 grams = 9-10 grams of power, 3 grams = 12-18 grams of power, says Levy.

Here is an excellent review on the book:
Book Review

Link to Primal Panacea on Amazon

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hi Julie, so how much does one tablespoon of liposomal equal? I'm sure it's been answered, this thread is huge. I don't feel like doing a math problem at the moment, lol, I've been taking about 10oz a day total.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by toastyr
Hi Julie, so how much does one tablespoon of liposomal equal? I'm sure it's been answered, this thread is huge. I don't feel like doing a math problem at the moment, lol, I've been taking about 10oz a day total.

2 Tablespoons = 1 oz. = 1,000 mgs. (equivalent to 3,000-4,000 mgs IV per Dr. Levy)

Toastyr - when you tell us how much you take it should be per dosage and then total per day.

If you took 4 oz that would be equivalent to 4,000 mgs. (or 12,000 - 16,000 mgs IV per Dr. Levy)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
EDIT: I can't read. LOL

I been taking 20 grams a day (by accident) for a month or so. I was getting incredible encapsulation with the soy. So I assume by the baking soda test I was around 90%. Thought I was taking 5 grams. Still alive, no mud butt. Going to cut down to 1-2 grams a day over the next week or so. Duh

Still trying to get the sunflower to work.

---------------------------------------

I am using the NOW ascorbic acid.

I don't get how each 1 oz can be 1,000mg or 1 gram.

1 tablespoon of the NOW ascorbic is 4.5 grams of vitamin c.

I add 12 oz of water (8 oz for the lecithin and 4 ounces for the ascorbic) (some people do 2 for the ascorbic and 2 for the baking soda) Either way its 12 oz of water.

If you take 4.5 grams and divide that by 12 (oz of solution) you get .375.

So wouldn't you get 375mg per ounce? I cannot get how pdazzle or anyone is coming to the conclusion of 1 gram/1000mg per ounce.

Thanks for any help.

edit on 18-3-2013 by diegodog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by diegodog
EDIT: I can't read. LOL

So wouldn't you get 375mg per ounce?

My math is terrible so please double-check it. I've been using the sodium ascorbate. This is what I came up with based on the bottle's label (and also included some other measurements):

1 Standard Shot Glass = 1.5 ounces (2.5 tablespoons)

One Tablespoon = 3 Teaspoons

NutriBiotic Sodium Ascorbate
Measurement Serving Size in 1/4 Teaspoon

Contains:
Vitamin C - 1112 mg (1/4 Teaspoon)
Sodium (from Sea Salt) - 137 mg (1/4 Teaspoon)

Vitamin C Per Tablespoon/Shot Glass Equivalent:
1,112 mg (1/4 Teaspoon) x 4 = 4,448 mg (1 Teaspoon)
4,448 mg (Teaspoon) x 3 = 13,344 mg (Tablespoon)
13,334 mg per one 12 ounce bottle
13,334 mg divided by 12 equals 1,111 mg per ounce
One Shot Glass (2.5 Tablespoons) equals 1,666 mg per shot

Sodium Per Tablespoon/Shot Glass Equivalent:
137 mg (1/4 Teaspoon) x 4 = 548 mg (1 Teaspoon)
548 mg (Teaspoon) x 3 = 1,644 mg (Tablespoon)
1,644 mg per one 12 ounce bottle
1,644 mg divided by 12 equals 137 mg per ounce
One Shot Glass (2.5 Tablespoons) equals 342 mg per shot

Two Shots Per Day Liposomal Vitamin C equates to
3.332 grams Vitamin C per day
.684 grams Sodium (from Sea Salt) per day

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have been having issues getting the sunflower powder lecithin to pass the baking soda test and I finaly got it to work today.

I used the same 3 tbsp lecithin to 1 tbsp ascorbic acid as the original formula specified.

Made 12 oz (1 batch).

I tested the first 4 oz without putting it into the ultrasonic cleaner. Got an inch of foam.
I tested the second 4 oz straight out of the ultrasonic cleaner (it was still warm) and got about 3 inches of foam.

At this point I was furious and put the last 4 oz in the fridge.

Went down 3-4 hours later and did the baking soda test on that batch and got under 1/16th inch. Basically nothing.

Just a heads up to the anal folks who need a positive baking soda test like myself. Try throwing the compelted formula in the fridge for a few hours before running the baking soda test.

My wife was taking huge dose (we are the people who can't read and were taking 20 grams a day, thinking we were only taking 5 grams) and blew up with water retention. We are thinking it was due to the soy. That's why we are switching over to Sunflower. I will report on if the bloat was caused by the soy.

I get itchy when I take any form of this. Not bad enough to stop but I for sure get the itch.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I made my first batch with the large ultra sonic cleaner. It made a huge difference!!! I wish I had bought this one to begin with. It isn't hardly sour at all. I mostly taste the lecithin.

I woke up this morning with a stuffy nose and a headache. I encapsulated the batch I had blended last night and by the time I came in from morning chores and milking my nose and head were just fine.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
QUESTION: So I made this today, and it tasted sour which was expected, but it also tasted metallic. I scrubbed the ultrasonic cleaner with soap and warm water. Is this metallic taste (coin tasting) a cause of concern? I'm paranoid lol 0.0

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by erikahoney2014

The metallic taste is from the new sonicator.

I would fill it with distilled water and run it through 3 cycles before making your next batch - that should help.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hey Guys, It's OP.

Just wanted to post some pertinent information on a new Vitamin C study that just came out today:

VItamin C Found Essential For Muscles

The study, conducted by Prof Margreet Vissers and colleagues from the University of Otago in Christchurch, New Zealand, has shown that skeletal muscle is very sensitive to changes in vitamin C intake, and that the vitamin C content in muscle will fall if intake decreases below optimal levels. This is likely to affect muscle function.

The scientists gave 54 males aged between 18 and 35 either half a kiwifruit or two kiwifruit a day over a six week period. They then measured the vitamin C content in muscle and elsewhere in the body.

They found that general energy levels were increased with the ‘two per day’ kiwifruit dose, and this is likely to reflect the optimal muscle function under these conditions.

I know I'm still feeling it just as intensely as when I started about 9 months ago. I have taken 2 week breaks here and here, and am currently on one, but it's just not the same without the Liposomal Vit C. Night & Day, so I'll be making more tomorrow and drinking a doe to everyone' health on ATS. Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I am considering a month hiatus from this stuff. I am having phenomenal results and I am up to doing a hundred pushups a day, and my muscles ARE responding to this in a positive way. However, I seem to be growing lol. I have inexplicably packed on 30+ lbs in the last few months despite drinking less and exercising more.

I do sometimes take this stuff near mealtime, but other than my morning shot it is hard to catch me with an empty belly lol. Not that I eat that much, but I do eat fairly often to keep my metabolism up. Dunno what is causing the sudden weight gain, but the pushups aren't building 30 lbs of muscle as I am obviously growing on the waistline area lol.

I take quite a bit of this stuff tho I don't measure it, I just take a couple swigs from the jar 2-3 times a day. My dosage seems to be working well for me as I am reaping the benefits of it in pain relief and improved energy levels. However, they only variable here is the lipo c, as I am been on a pretty strict diet for a couple yrs now and I am continuing to be.

Peace...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

Preggers? No, I guess not. Could it be your metabolism slowing with age. After losing my initial weight, I've leveled off, and stayed about the same since. Keep us posted, please. Good Luck on achieving what you want...

Des

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I know this is not allowed or something here, but we need a new clean Posting or something of the best recipes/amounts.

I do not want to scan through near 100 pages of slowly changing recipes...

I have gotten the De-Oiled Sunflower Lecithin and also have found it more foamy after blending...(blending may not be so necessary??)

Help !!!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

Here ya go. Lipo-C Summation thread made by Julie Washington....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hello All,

I been doing a lot of research and have found some potentially bad news on the Ascorbic we are taking. Almost all vitamin c/Ascorbic Acid is derived from GMO Corn. Its near impossible to find GMO-free ascorbic acid/vitamin c.

Does anyone have a source for NON-GMO Ascorbic acid that we can buy in bulk (such as the NOW brand sold on Amazon (made with GMO corn)).

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by diegodog
Hello All,

I been doing a lot of research and have found some potentially bad news on the Ascorbic we are taking. Almost all vitamin c/Ascorbic Acid is derived from GMO Corn. Its near impossible to find GMO-free ascorbic acid/vitamin c.

Does anyone have a source for NON-GMO Ascorbic acid that we can buy in bulk (such as the NOW brand sold on Amazon (made with GMO corn)).

Yeah just got done reading an article on natural news that the majority of Ascorbic comes derived from GMO Corn.

I'm literally furious now with Monsanto & GMO's in general. I've been improving my life, and the life of my family and many elderly folk, and then this bomb shell drops.

I need to do a few days research on this before I get back, but there are people giving sources to non-gmo Vit C. Tho the price is higher. Will get back in a few days

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I replied to this earlier and see my comment isn't here. I'll try this again.

I was concerned about what the NOW brand of vitamin c is derived from so I emailed the manufacturer this week.

Here is their response:

Its from non-GMO corn, but not certified Organic

Thank you for your inquiry,
NOW Science & Nutrition Group

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Found a source, what do you guys think? Looks good, here is what the ingredients say.

www.nutribiotic.com...

L-ascorbic acid USP-FCC*.

Made without milk, soy, egg, yeast, wheat, rose hips, animal products, fillers, excipients, lubricants, binders, starch, colorings, flavorings, or preservatives.

Made without Gluten or GMOs.

Our Promise and Guarantee: We use only 100% pure pharmaceutical grade L-ascorbic acid USP-FCC* (C6H8O6), which contains no corn residue, plant antigens, or protein impurities

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

I've just started using the Now brand - glad to hear they use a non-gmo source.
Thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by boxertwin
reply to post by hardamber

I've just started using the Now brand - glad to hear they use a non-gmo source.
Thanks for sharing!

I just read an article on a different website that said the NOW brand is using GMO.

An investigator researching for this piece actually got in contact with NOW, a leading supplement producer. They asked about how they extract their vitamin C products when considering the high percentage of GM corn that currently supplies the industry. Concerned for their health and the health of consumers, worldwide, they wanted to know if they were swallowing GMOs - or at least vitamins derived from GMOs. In response to their inquiry, a NOW team member replied:
"All of our C is derived from standard corn not certified to be non-GMO... Many products [in the industry at large] contain soy or corn derivatives which are generally GMO'd. We are motivated towards non-GMO-sourced products."

edit on 1-4-2013 by toastyr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join