It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Hey megamind,
The batch you tested for encapsulation percentage, was it the creamy batch or the math genius yogurt batch?

Im curious if there would be a difference in test results in the 2 types, which im guessing there will be.

Im also hoping some more reports will come in on effects on sick people, or chronic issues

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

That batch was made with 2 cups of water, 3 level tablespoons of Lecithin, 1 level tablespoon of C. The thin creamy batch. See my previous post.

Also See my post before my test results and read what that site has to say. That thick gelatinous stuff is just extra lecithin and is unnecessary. It came from using less water and more lecithin as you and I have already discussed.

I think as long as you are precise about the measurements of 3 to 1 with 2 cups water total it will produce perfect results.

I think math genius yogurt is just wrong on this ...

He is comparing the homemade brew to what he got commercially. The problem is that the commercial product is made completely different - it doesn't use ultra sound at all. So he it trying to mimic the texture of the product by using less water and more lecithin. While that doesn't hurt anything it also doesn't make the solution any more encapsulated. Even in his video he said what is important is 3 to 1 and then proceeds to use 4 to 1.

edit on 7-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Sweet!!!!! That means the type were making is a success. I think i prefer the kind we have originally been making, since that yogurt consistency batch tbat math genius made reminds of the green slime i used to get from the toy store as a kid, or the 25 cent vending machines, or nickalodeon get slimed show, or phlegm, well you get my drift.

By the way i wrapping week 2 here with this lipo vit c and effects still as strong as the 1st day

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
7 hours after taking my first shot I do feel a bit 'high'.
I just caught myself singing, which is not that common :rofl:
It's not the mental clarity that others have reported, in fact, i feel a bit stoned, but it's a possible effect.
Before dinner I will take 2 oz to see if an increased dosage has a more profound effect!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

It will be one week tomorrow since I started and the mental alertness and clarity of mind are still strong. Also I have noticed that my joints seem more "oily" and it is easier to move though I never considered myself stiff before. Additionally when I eat I don't get the bloated feeling I used to frequently get. I love this stuff - so glad I have it!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Brooks Bradley's simple test to gauge LET efficiency of a liposomal Vitamin C solution:

1) Pour 4 ounces of the finished LET Vitamin C into a 12oz container.
2) Add 1/4 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate into 1 oz of distilled water, stirring well.
3) Pour the sodium bicarbonate solution into the LET Vitamin C mixture, stirring.

Results: If the resulting foam reaction line from this mixture is .5" or less you will have approximately a 50% encapsulation rate of the raw ascorbic acid nanoparticles. If the foam is 3/8" or less you will have approximately 60% encapsulation. If the foam is 1/8" thick or less, you will have around 75% encapsulation.

Foam occurs when the unencapsulated Vit C reacts with the sodium bicarbonate which is added to produce sodium ascorbate. The liposome encapsulated Vit C will not react. Thus, the less foam, the more Vit C is encapsulated and the more efficient went your process. By the way, this test solution should not be discarded as it is still valuable as a medicinal! The formed sodium ascorbate is a very useable form of Vitamin C.

I will do this test now on both my 'batches' and post results.
Also, in the spirit of accuracy, I'm going to weigh stuff from now rather than using spoons

Can't wait to get the higher power USC to see if it makes a diff (and so I don't have to stand at the counter for 30 mins pressing the damn button again and again
)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Look forward to your results ... and thanks for taking the time to do it ...

Yeah pressing the button over and over is annoying and I wonder if the stirring is even necessary ...

would be nice to set a timer and walk away ...

Also the recipe is 3 to 1 by volume not by weight - so you will have to figure out what 3 tablespoons of lecithin weigh as well as the 1 tablespoon of C powder.

I have been using measuring spoons not regular house spoons so it is easy to get exact amounts by volume.

I take the measuring tablespoon of whatever is in it and a use the back side of a knife to scrape it level - very consistent and accurate ...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

yeah, I was just using spoons, but will now use scales that measure to .1g

the test was really disappointing, I got about 3 inches of foam. However, within 20 secs it was down to about 1/16th so if I had turned away I would have missed it. when I stir the mix, it foams up again.

that was on the first batch made in the glass, the one I drank

btw, i just had my first bowel movement and it was pretty loose and smelly, as if I'd had too much olive oil on a salad for lunch. could be detox, could be vitC flush

going to do test on batch 2 now and also take another one ounce shot of the first batch that is now ascorbated!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Mine had little to no foaming at first and after a while a 1/16th of an inch formed that you saw in my photo ...

I stirred it in as the test described ...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yep, same thing again, not much foam until I stirred it then whoosh, and the harder I stir the more foam. at least one inch which subsides within a few seconds to a tiny top.

Add that to the loose stool and it looks like my USC is indeed fairly useless.

Ho hum, once again to waiting on shipping!

BTW I had an ounce of the ascorbate mix - yeuch, I'll stick with the acid version from now on.
Stomach feels the same as before, like I drank something that is doing something!!
edit on 7-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here's what it looks like as the foam settles:

What happens to your mix if you put it in a jar and shake it, do you get any foam again?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3
Yep, same thing again, not much foam until I stirred it then whoosh, and the harder I stir the more foam. at least one inch which subsides within a few seconds to a tiny top.

Add that to the loose stool and it looks like my USC is indeed fairly useless.

Ho hum, once again to waiting on shipping!

BTW I had an ounce of the ascorbate mix - yeuch, I'll stick with the acid version from now on.
Stomach feels the same as before, like I drank something that is doing something!!

Sorry to hear about your results - I guess the glass inside the tub didn't make it do its thing then. I still think you made the right decision by not putting the solution directly in that tub. Hopefully you'll get your new USC soon - I'm sure it will do the job for you. Mine is an "el cheapo" at only $30 bucks and it seems to work fine (though it has a stainless steel tub of course)

loose stool is definitely an indication of unencapsulated or free vitamin C ...

Maybe you have a woman in your life that would appreciate an unexpected gift?

The USC of course!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

What happens to your mix if you put it in a jar and shake it, do you get any foam again?

I get very very little foam when shaking it. Not even the 1/16th of an inch anymore ...

I take that back ... as it sits about another 1/16th of an inch forms ...

So really very little foam initially and then as it sits a thin layer forms - just like during the test ...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm also using a different kind of Lecithin granule to most of you guys. The Now brand is on order (liquid and granules) but today I used one I found locally:

Vitaquell Fit & Vital
Hansa Lecithin, Cholinreiches Granulat (German)
here is the page translated: translated page for product which talks about being better than normal lecithin so I am now unsure on two counts, the USC and the Lecithin. Anybody done research on Lecithin to know their Phosohatidylcholin from their Gesamtphosphatiden

I'll take a look on the two labels when I get the Now product and see if there is a difference.

I found the article you posted above interesting about needing more than enough Lecithin to coat the AA and also how added water is better than less water, even if you have to take a larger dose.

Something really going on in my stomach now and I feel a bit edgy - I like it

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Maybe you have a woman in your life that would appreciate an unexpected gift?

I already offered it to my better half, she said I should buy her some jewellery first

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Uh oh ....
... let's hope you continue to like it ...

... and this doesn't result in a sprint to the bathroom!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Uh oh ....
... let's hope you continue to like it ...

... and this doesn't result in a sprint to the bathroom!

nah, it's very mild, bit of gas. no more than eating a nice Bangladeshi Curry!

PS. edited my post above about the Lecithin, that might also be the culprit!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I guess the glass inside the tub didn't make it do its thing then. I still think you made the right decision by not putting the solution directly in that tub. Hopefully you'll get your new USC soon - I'm sure it will do the job for you.

forgot to comment on this ...

I did put half the batch directly in the tub, I get the same test results with that one.
I will drink it if the new USC doesn't arrive before I used up the glass processed one.
If the new USC doesn't impress us all, I will consider a commercial model (with a bit more research first) - this experiment does deserve good gear and I've spent most of my life's income on health stuff so far anyway

Having said all that, you and Dominicus and others are having great results with cheap units, so it's probably just ego that wants the best I can get!! What power output is your USC btw?

I go into altered state each night for a few hours, mostly using plants we can't talk about on ATS. I've been doing this for almost 2 years daily, and usually at about 7/8pm (now) I start to feel myself getting pulled in, even without plant assistance, so I won't be able to say if the spacey feeling is the juice or the usual journey time.

Sleep is also a bit of a challenge, and the wake-up takes a good 2 hours, so tonight and tomorrow am will be interesting.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I did the test and got less then 1/16 of foam. One thing I did which seemed to make intuitive sense to me was to make sure both mixtures were at room temperature before mixing and then adding to the mix to the machine. This meant the both sat on the counter for a while until the lecithin cooled down, then the blend, then the machine. I could be helpful to think "what would the lab tech do" instead of "what the home-brew guy to do?" I suppose the other possibility is to heat the water for the C and do them both at the heated temp but that seemed less correct to me.

As I mentioned before, the commercial stuff has just less water for shipping and storage etc. I don't think it makes it better or worse, just different as the effect seems the same in both, though for skin applications and pets, the glop is better.

I have made a batch with Calcium and Magnesium - two ingredients the body sorely lacks, and it seems to work the same. I have taken it, and usually the cal/mag combo goes right through one's system, but in this case there was no system change. The application of the technique seems well suited for other things that have a hard time making into the system of many folks.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well it is from Quackwatch, and as I've read here, there are certainly those who put them into the suspect class. www.quackwatch.com...

I finally mixed up what looks like a successful batch of the stuff last light. Took some before bedtime and this morning woke up pretty well rested. I then had some before coffee and with a bit of OJ as I really didn't like the smell or taste straight up. I don't know if it's the placebo effect or not and I really could care less, but I have a good deal of energy today, enough so to start tackling a project that I was putting off, painting about 80 linear feet of detailed wrought iron railing in my yard.

Originally posted by neotech1neothink
Hi OP/ALL,

CHRONIC ACQUIRED IRON OVERLOAD -

A DISEASE OF CIVILIZATION

For those asking about SAFETY...

vitamin C and other acidic substances like tomatoes can increase iron absorption. Vitamin C can lower copper significantly, causing very severe problems in some people if used repeatedly.

drlwilson.com...

VERY INTERESTING ESSENTIAL ARTICLE FOR ALL IN ITS OWN RIGHT - but don't let it put you off the Liposomal Vitamin C just be aware of the possibility of it - iron overload.

drlwilson.com...

...................................................................................................................................

What is Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis?

A hair tissue mineral analysis (HTMA) simply stated, is a screening test that measures the mineral content of your hair. However, a hair tissue mineral analysis is much more than a test for minerals.

Benefits of Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis

Hair analysis can identify:

Trace element deficiencies
Trends for psychological and emotional conditions
Heavy metal toxicity
Cellular energy levels
Glucose tolerance
Kidney and liver stress
Adrenal and thyroid activity
Trends for over 30 health conditions
Which foods and nutritional supplements are right for you

Mineral Blueprint

Providing a mineral blueprint of one’s biochemistry, a hair tissue mineral analysis can provide pertinent information about your metabolic rate, energy levels, sugar and carbohydrate tolerance, stage of stress, immune system and glandular activity.

A hair tissue mineral analysis is a screening test for the level of 20 minerals and toxic metals in a sample of hair. It is a tissue mineral biopsy that is non-invasive, relatively inexpensive and extremely accurate.

A hair tissue mineral analysis is considered a standard test used around the world for the biological monitoring of trace elements and toxic metals in humans and animals. The same technology is used for soil testing and testing of rock samples to detect mineral levels.

Hair, like all other body tissues, contains minerals that are deposited as the hair grows. Although the hair is dead, the minerals remain as the hair continues to grow out. A sample of hair cut close to the scalp provides information about the mineral activity in the hair that took place over the past three to four months, depending on the rate of hair growth.

Why Use Hair?

Hair makes an excellent biopsy because:

Sampling is simple.
Mineral levels in the hair are ten times that of the blood, making them easy to detect in the hair.
The hair provides a cellular reading of the mineral levels. The cells are the major site of metabolic activity in the body.

A regime for taking Regular Vit C --

In the morning I will mix a level teaspoon (3 grams) of sodium ascorbate with the same amount of MSM.
I drink this immediately. Then I place 1 teaspoon of sodium ascorbate (about 5 to 6 grams) into a drink bottle and sip on this over the day. This gives me about 8 to 9 grams of sodium ascorbate each day, and the MSM ramps up the absorption and utilization of the C by a huge amount. I would hope to have 4 to 5 grams in my blood each day. The chelation effect is very good so I need to make sure I take a good quality multi mineral to make up for the chelation effects of the C. I break from this routine over weekends so my body doesn't get lazy. Another variation is to add sodium bicarbonate (aluminum free) to ascorbic acid instead of sodium ascorbate which makes the "C" sodium ascorbate, with enough extra sodium bicarbonate to do its thing, plus the MSM to enhance the "C" for longer and more enhanced life. Start by adding a quarter of a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate to each heaped teaspoon of ascorbic acid and gradually build the dose to about half a teaspoon. I also add a heaping teaspoon of MSM (e.g. MethylSulfonylMethane from Rich Distributing as powder) to each dose and take this combination twice a day.

edit on 7-6-2012 by neotech1neothink because:

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join