It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Citybig

Nah you can keep your vast desert outback and your most deadly (venomous) creatures on earth.. and I'll keep my vast rolling hills, crystal clear streams and gorgeous wild life.. Must be all that "cess" you were talking about.
edit on 30-5-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

Thankfully, I don't come from a nation with desert, but I do come from one with far better scenery than the # you just showed.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

Originally posted by Germanicus
That is the opinion of some moron from a forum.

Hmm, kind of ironic ...

You dont understand irony either?

Dont worry. Many do not. alanis morrisette doesnt either.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

On topic- America should worry about itself. You are no saviour.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Daedal

China is more than welcome to come and get them.
At their own risk I may add.

Yep, I'll freely offer them one piece at a time. Lead first of course...

Jaden

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
HAHAHA,

People on here know my view on American politics and such.....but china accusing the USA of human rights abuse....give me a break.

Citizens having guns should be a RIGHT for ALL HUMANS to protect themselvs from the disgusting governments that are destroying our countries, families and threatening citizens left right and centre.

The US having guns ONLY annoys china because it stops China thinking about invading the US any time soon.

The chinese are some of the most irrelevant people on this planet. Breed like rabbits and have zero respect for the rest of the world. China needs to keep its mouth shut, they may have the population but they lack any form of brains when it comes to social etiquette.

China reminds me of a movie about a land of pod people!!!

LONG LIVE GUN OWNERSHIP!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Lol... yes and my kangaroo is bigger than your horse.... eh umm....

Yeah that's what you just sounded like... I can no longer take you seriously...

I hope you're happy..

P.S. I at no point showed you a pound sign..

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
HAHAHA,

People on here know my view on American politics and such.....but china accusing the USA of human rights abuse....give me a break.

Citizens having guns should be a RIGHT for ALL HUMANS to protect themselvs from the disgusting governments that are destroying our countries, families and threatening citizens left right and centre.

The US having guns ONLY annoys china because it stops China thinking about invading the US any time soon.

The chinese are some of the most irrelevant people on this planet. Breed like rabbits and have zero respect for the rest of the world. China needs to keep its mouth shut, they may have the population but they lack any form of brains when it comes to social etiquette.

China reminds me of a movie about a land of pod people!!!

LONG LIVE GUN OWNERSHIP!!!!!!!!

This is nothing but China showing how it perceives American interference in their internal matters. And how the rest of the world perceives America when it talks about peace and freedom while it proceeds to bomb civilians to death all over the world.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Americans will defend and maintain their right to have personal firearms regardless what China spews. So, we are worrying about ourselves. It's you who seems to have perverse obsession and bug up his butt about what Americans think or do.

Just an observation is all.

Have at it

PEACE

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

Lol... yes and my kangaroo is bigger than your horse.... eh umm....

Yeah that's what you just sounded like... I can no longer take you seriously...

I hope you're happy..

P.S. I at no point showed you a pound sign..

Really? Oh how my heart bleeds.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

China is one of the largest countries with human right's abuses, not saying the U.S. is exempt. But surely the record shows what can happen to an unarmed population when they have no means to defend themselves against would be aggressors.

IMO the opinion of China doesn't carry much clout. Just have a look at Tibet where the Universal Declaration of Human Rights including the rights to self-determination, freedom of speech, assembly, movement, expression and travel are revoked or limited.

Had a look at a modern map of Asia last week, Tibet does not apier on it! Lhasa does though.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-5-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Ok well.. It was nice talking to you... You can go on hating us for no reason whatsoever and I'll continue not taking you seriously whilst you are doing so. Deal?

P.S. my Australian friend said to tell you that Melbourne is better...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If China can persuade US citizens to disarm, that is construed as winning a war without a battle via the Sun Tzu way. High percentages in private gun ownership is a deterrent.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

again I am going to ask you and the rest of the "Go USA" crowd in this thread, how are your guns going to protect you against artillery or mortar rounds?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Actually we was, as is the topic of this thread. Your the one who couldn't resist jumping in and spreading your American Government hate filled message around unless ..

Russia and China will be calling for the International Community to arm OWS and back its NTC before you know it. And Im not joking,this is what I see as Americas future unless it pulls its head in. You Americans will be liberated if you will not liberate yourselves.

And if you dont like other nations sticking their noses in,maybe America should do the same. Mind your business. Get out of the Pacific!

... has something to do with China condemning Gun ownership in the US, which it don't. Your totally contradicting the topic and obviously delusional, dreaming up insane scenarios to pacify your fantasy of the fall of the US. But thats just your nature, I dont hate you for it

I understand you hate the US government, maybe your concerns would be better utilized contacting the President of the United States and telling him how you feel. Here I even helped you contact the president.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

Ok well.. It was nice talking to you... You can go on hating us for no reason whatsoever and I'll continue not taking you seriously whilst you are doing so. Deal?

P.S. my Australian friend said to tell you that Melbourne is better...

I cannot believe you people don't know about why you are almost globally hated, it's actually quite sad. I don't care if you don't take me seriously, your opinion is completely worthless.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
reply to post by grey580

what are you or your family going to do against a mortar or cannon firing 3 miles away? Guns do not provide any security for a people against their government or other governments. A force of a few hundred thousand soldiers can and will defeat a force of several hundred million civilian gun owners.

I know some members of the United States have no yet gotten the message but real life is not like Red Dawn.

edit on 30-5-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

Why not be in the way of the mortar or canon fire of course.

I beg to differ. It's when guns are taken away from a people that things like genocides occur.

And that's assuming that the opposing force has better training and organization.

In any case if the chinese did land we would probably devolve into guerilla warfare in order to defeat the enemy.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

The topic is another nation giving the American Government criticism.

America is always the ones calling others out on human rights violations arent they?

Yet they live in a glass house.

You will notice many posters are here to point out that the Imperial US Government is the height of hypocrisy. And many americans are egocentric hypocrites. So,yes,Im on topic and so are the other posters.

Edit- calling me a moron is not. And I strongly disagree

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
reply to post by Six6Six

again I am going to ask you and the rest of the "Go USA" crowd in this thread, how are your guns going to protect you against artillery or mortar rounds?

Again you are assuming that the attacking force knows where you are at.
And once you know where the emplacements are your guns can kill the mortar or artillery crew.
Which now gives you mortars or artillery.
Which you can use to destroy your enemies.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shred

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I dont know what's more absurd and offensive: a nosey neighbor running his opinionated mouth over what I do with my life or a foreign country on the other side of the world running its opinionated mouth over what I do with my life.

Both the neighbor and the country must have more pressing personal issues that their time and concern could be better spent on.

I find this extremely hilarious, US is always running its mouth towards China and its "lack of freedom", the Chinese don't like it and so they send their own complaints hahahah. Second day in a row I almost died of laughter after reading a thread about US/China.

What's hilarious about it?

The US should stop running its mouth.

This government doesnt speak for me. It annoys me. Harasses me. Really pisses me off.

What's funny is the posts claiming private gun ownership is deterring Chinese invasion. Let them invade. I couldnt care less. You wont see me taking up arms to defend the US. Me, my family, my home sure. This country? Let it burn. Nation-states are obsolete relics held over from times of superstition and fear.
edit on 30-5-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

So what's next.. we gonna start insulting each other's mothers? Maybe take it outside for a brawl?

News flash Mr. Keyboard warrior... Your opinion is also worthless... In fact since this thread covers a subject to which you have no experience with... I'd say it's less than worthless...

Of course you're right.. Maybe when china decides to finally really delve into the South Pacific.. you'll have to deal with the world's largest (and most brutal) standing army on your own..

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Americans will defend and maintain their right to have personal firearms regardless what China spews. So, we are worrying about ourselves. It's you who seems to have perverse obsession and bug up his butt about what Americans think or do.

Just an observation is all.

Have at it

PEACE

Why wouldnt I be enraged about the US Government risking our economy? You guys are great friends hey? Why put us in such a difficult situation?

The rest of the world cares what you do because your Imperialism hurts us all. Its annoying that many Americans cannot or will not see that.

And like I said, the gun issue is just the start. China is buying your Government. You will have to get use to taking orders instead of giving them pretty soon.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join