It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Objection!
Statement: false

China can't say a thing because its the name of an Asian country.Maybe some chinese people opinion is that,what can be read in the source.But thats choosen.

Until they dont ask every person in that country about it,i dont take it serious,

If they ban guns they will only ban it from the citizens,not from the bandits.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nfflhome

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I dont know what's more absurd and offensive: a nosey neighbor running his opinionated mouth over what I do with my life or a foreign country on the other side of the world running its opinionated mouth over what I do with my life.

Both the neighbor and the country must have more pressing personal issues that their time and concern could be better spent on.

I share your opinion of America.

They have been running their opinionated mouths over what the rest of the world does for far to long. America has no right to be running its opinionated mouth over what the rest of the world does with their lives.

And I agree,America has far more pressing issues than Imperialism. They need to fix their own failing country. The concern would be better spent.

And I agree,its refreshing to see someone stand up to America and make them drink their own medicine for a change. Maybe America and its people will see how it feels now to have another nation meddle in its affairs.

Cool post

edit on 30-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

If it wasnt for the hated Americans you would be running your mouth in Japanees these days. We saved your az in WW2. For the most part I love the Ausies just not comies like you.

No you did not.

We beat off the Japanese ourselves,

And your hero general was a coward. dugout doug. he left many aussies to die.

Japan was never going to invade after they met us on the battlefield. We fight too hard. It was a shock for them after running over the americans and British,

After they met us on the battlefield they decided on containment because they knew invasion was impossible. Look it up. You read propaganda.

And I like americans. Just not cheerleaders like you.

And what I said is true. Dont blame me because you are afraid. you should be afraid. It is more sensible than denial.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by Germanicus

Dude, are you IN THE US?

If so just leave. The world is yours to explore. I think you will become very bitter unless you either take a break or move. You will also learn about what you appreciate about the US. I know I did. I left and now find myself more proud than ever about my country. I love my country now, before I just liked my state, city, etc.

The US has allot of good too. It is untrue to simply state that the government is the end all of US representation. We are a diverse and complex society. I love us! You should leave though. Find a place you love and enjoy it.

Have a great day!

That is a very selfish attitude to have. thats whats wrong with America. Its not just about you. When you leave the Pacific and NT. I will be less bitter

I love Australia. I enjoy it. I dont want America to ruin us like they will by annoying China

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

China is more than welcome to come and get them.
At their own risk I may add.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

how is it selfish?

so I take it you are Australian......what exactly has the US done to you? we have never gone to war with your country. How does the US having guns affect your daily life?

You should simply not visit the US. Why hate anyone you never met???

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Sorry, but I'll take a second opinion from another Australian ... no offense.

I thought this might be better as a seperate post.

Well speaking from an Australian perspective, Japan would have ultimately devoured Australia. Now before anyone here starts quoting known Japanese intentions in regard to Australia, it must be remembered that it is probably true at the start of the Pacific war that to occupy Australia was just as ambitious for them as occupying the western United States. We are talking here about "what if?'

Without the US factor in Japanese military planning, Australia and all it's food production capability would have been gobbled up. Japan did not have a very good record as to the treatment of countries it occupied. One only has to read about how they treated the peoples of Singapore, China and all the others to see how they would have behaved with our white European society. Our people would have been enslaved, tortured and murdered like our POWs were who fell into their merciless hands. Australia had a very narrow escape and we owe modern Australia today to mainly the US Navy and the destruction of the Japanese fleet.

Britain could not help us. They could hardly help themselves with what they had on their plate in Europe and with the Battle of the Atlantic. Britain couldn't even hold Singapore. Australia who sent such a massive committment to aid Britain in the 1st World War got one hell of a shock at just how let down we were in our hour of need.

After the war Australia lent towards the US and away from Britain for a big friend in a hostile world. We honoured the Anzus treaty by actively participating in any war that the US got itself into. The actual wording of that treaty says that we will come to the aid of each other if attacked, but that was stretched by us to include any conflict, as a way of showing Australia's gratitude for the help we received from America that we owed our very existance to.

As for the Japanese, nothing has changed there. We do not trust them any more today than we did then. Their ethics today can be layed bare by just witnessing their attitude to the taking of uncountable whales for scientlfic purposes. Never forget.

Source

Your hatred blinds you young padawan ...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I wouldn't have put it that way....

no..

I'd have put it this way...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

what are you or your family going to do against a mortar or cannon firing 3 miles away? Guns do not provide any security for a people against their government or other governments. A force of a few hundred thousand soldiers can and will defeat a force of several hundred million civilian gun owners.

I know some members of the United States have no yet gotten the message but real life is not like Red Dawn.

edit on 30-5-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

we shouldn't fall into the game of "my country is more noble than yours". China has done many horrible things, and like ALL governments, things like honor and dignity are like fairy tales.

Wait a minute ... what has China done?

Yes, let me see ... the "Shanghai massacre" ... oh wait, that was done by Americans.

hmmm, let me see ... the mass murder of some 2 million chinese in America? oh, wait ... that was done by the Pinkertons.

oh, I got it ... legalizing opium, and waging war to be able to sell opium to the Chinese people. Oh wait! no, that were the British.

Jesus Christ man ... I'm running out of massacres to pin on the Chinese. They're already pinned on Americans and Brits.

OH, wait ... I got one ... they threw Dalai Lama out of Tibet ... because he uses the Nazi symbol and is nationalistic. And his priests, demand money for giving your prayers ... how horrible.

Here is a link to it, Chinese police beating up Tibet protesters ...

Here is another image of Chinese police beating up a man, for taking up a camera

Oh yes ... and they beat up protesters at "Tian An Men" ... some even died. That far outweighs the british selling opium to people, and waging war against China to legalize it ... it's even worse than Americans performing a genocide against Chinese in America.

Here is a nice video showing how Chinese government, brutally beat up protesters at Tian An Men.

edit on 30/5/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

how is it selfish?

so I take it you are Australian......what exactly has the US done to you? we have never gone to war with your country. How does the US having guns affect your daily life?

You should simply not visit the US. Why hate anyone you never met???

It's not about not visiting the US, I would happily never return to your cesspit country ever again, it's the US visiting other people where the problem lies. You place your military inside foreign countries so you can antagonise and attack them, you interfere where you are not wanted for your own self gain, these actions are repeated time after time after time.

All the rest of the world wants is for you to keep yourselves in your own country.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Well this is around where I live...

I mean look at it... so disgusting.. Like a giant polluted pit of cess wouldn't you agree.. Why would anyone want to come here.. Shield your eyes!! Wouldn't want to view that cess we're livin in around here... Would hate for you to develop some sort of vision based vomiting fit from the nasty filth..

Oh and don't talk to the locals either.. It's not like they would buy you a dozen beers and be unbelievably friendly to you.. oh wait.. yeah they would..

There's another one just so you can witness first hand the filthy horrible conditions we are exposed to here in the US..... Gahh it's terrifying!!

Nah you can keep your vast desert outback and your most deadly (venomous) creatures on earth.. and I'll keep my vast rolling hills, crystal clear streams and gorgeous wild life.. Must be all that "cess" you were talking about.
edit on 30-5-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Everyone can play blame games. I condemn China on attempted murder because my glue gun was wired up wrong and caught on fire while I was holding it! They also owe me a circuit breaker, electrical box, and two valium for the nerves.

[editby
edit on 30/5/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

Sorry, but I'll take a second opinion from another Australian ... no offense.

I thought this might be better as a seperate post.

Well speaking from an Australian perspective, Japan would have ultimately devoured Australia. Now before anyone here starts quoting known Japanese intentions in regard to Australia, it must be remembered that it is probably true at the start of the Pacific war that to occupy Australia was just as ambitious for them as occupying the western United States. We are talking here about "what if?'

Without the US factor in Japanese military planning, Australia and all it's food production capability would have been gobbled up. Japan did not have a very good record as to the treatment of countries it occupied. One only has to read about how they treated the peoples of Singapore, China and all the others to see how they would have behaved with our white European society. Our people would have been enslaved, tortured and murdered like our POWs were who fell into their merciless hands. Australia had a very narrow escape and we owe modern Australia today to mainly the US Navy and the destruction of the Japanese fleet.

Britain could not help us. They could hardly help themselves with what they had on their plate in Europe and with the Battle of the Atlantic. Britain couldn't even hold Singapore. Australia who sent such a massive committment to aid Britain in the 1st World War got one hell of a shock at just how let down we were in our hour of need.

After the war Australia lent towards the US and away from Britain for a big friend in a hostile world. We honoured the Anzus treaty by actively participating in any war that the US got itself into. The actual wording of that treaty says that we will come to the aid of each other if attacked, but that was stretched by us to include any conflict, as a way of showing Australia's gratitude for the help we received from America that we owed our very existance to.

As for the Japanese, nothing has changed there. We do not trust them any more today than we did then. Their ethics today can be layed bare by just witnessing their attitude to the taking of uncountable whales for scientlfic purposes. Never forget.

Source

Your hatred blinds you young padawan ...

en.wikipedia.org...

The rapid Allied defeat in the Pacific caused many Australians to fear that the Japanese would invade the Australian mainland. While elements of the Imperial Japanese Navy proposed this in early 1942, it was judged to be impossible by the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters, which instead adopted a strategy of isolating Australia from the United States by capturing New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Fiji, Samoa, and New Caledonia.

Im a Jedi Master actually.

Impossible is what the Japanese said.

Impossible

Ha!

Edit- and you link the opinion of some idiotic moron? keep training buddy. Dont try so hard.

"That is why you fail" - Yoda

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I am Swiss and although "we" sometimes think of some American rulings and laws as being funny, for $deity$'s sake: KEEP YOUR RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!
There are some mechanisms to guarantee that a government does not oppress its people. A well armed populace is one of those!

Certainly, that should be the last resort but it should always be possible for people to rise up against authorities if necessary. Another mechanism is, I believe, our militia system which would prevent the government from using the military against their own people. ("What?! Shoot that guy?! I went to school with his son!" etc...)
That said, I will go to a shooting event this weekend to fulfill the requirements to keep my rifle after my military service is over. Wish me luck!

Why keep it if my country is so peaceful and free? To keep it that way! (Oh, and for the zombie apocalypse, should it happen
)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
It's not about not visiting the US, I would happily never return to your cesspit country ever again,

Hey, the people of LA would be offended and its a city not a country

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

so rid yourself of the IMF, world bank. etc etc, and stop buying American music, movies, products, technology, etc etc. Then I might believe you hate us so much. You don't like certain things about us the same way we don't.

But to say you hate us is like condemning the entire 20th century. We have contributed allot of good as well as bad like anyone else.

You could do without us, but then again we all liked the 20th century for all its advancements, courtesy of the US.

that comment you could call selfish and egocentric, but you would also have to say it is true.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

That was covered in the first paragraph in the quoted section of my post bro ...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

That was covered in the first paragraph in the quoted section of my post bro ...

That is the opinion of some moron from a forum.
He is wrong.
Dougout Doug was a coward.

The Japanese had respect for Australians. Not for Americans.
They often gave us a warriors burial.
Aussies are hard.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

China is one of the largest countries with human right's abuses, not saying the U.S. is exempt. But surely the record shows what can happen to an unarmed population when they have no means to defend themselves against would be aggressors.

IMO the opinion of China doesn't carry much clout. Just have a look at Tibet where the Universal Declaration of Human Rights including the rights to self-determination, freedom of speech, assembly, movement, expression and travel are revoked or limited.
www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-5-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

Oh contrer mon frer.... China's opinion carries MUCH clout.... You see they are faced with the same dilemma that Japan was faced with during WWII.

They are heavily invested in America and it looks more and more as though we will default on the debt we owe them...

When faced with that prospect and the prospect that there will be a gun behind every blade of grass, they are now screaming "It's not FAIR!!!"....

Jaden

IOW, their opinion matters, whatever they say you can be pretty damn sure, we should do the opposite...

edit on 30-5-2012 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
That is the opinion of some moron from a forum.

Hmm, kind of ironic ...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join