China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I would say that these statements would be true. 7 out of 10 families at least own a gun and some ammo or more. 5 out of 10 families own many guns and lots of ammo. Everyone knows that you can pick up a gun and ammo anywhere in the united states. America is full of guns and ammo and a ground assault would be a suicide mission.
Your average gun owner target practices at least three times a year and some hunt. Your average gun owner in the u.s. is an above average shooter. Some gun owners carry and conceal weapons on them at all times.
Some gun owners have above average weapons and carry many kinds of guns with lots and lots of ammo for each gun.
America is full of guns and ammo and if you ask an american they will say that they are proud to be a gun owner.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I really do not see how china condemns ownership of guns as a human rights violation. That statement only screams that china is scared to arm it's civilian populace ,due to what their people might do.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Does anyone know how many men, women and young in traing China has for service?
It must be more than any other country on the planet, I'm thinking between 200,000,000 and 300,000,000

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

"Our human rights violations may be bad, but your freedoms are also human rights violations," said China.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Why don't the Chinese just come out and say that Capitalism as well as the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is a human rights violation too?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns
reply to post by cloaked4u

Does anyone know how many men, women and young in traing China has for service?
It must be more than any other country on the planet, I'm thinking between 200,000,000 and 300,000,000

No wonder they're afraid of having 1,200,000,000 armed civilians...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
In a strange way, I feel China's pain.

I mean -- aside from a few sad sack American guys seeking brides, they possess few things intrinsically that the west wants or desires. Their philosophy, while ancient and grounded in some wisdom, has been bastardized by a dead-end political ideology. Thy have little ability to project their culture, save through martial arts films. They have zero ability to project power or force, save through nuclear war, and that would destroy what they desire most, and provoke retaliation which would swallow them as well.

Of course they hate and fear America's gun-culture. If their people ever begun stockpiling similar arsenals, their power would evaporate over night. It must be odd, to sit atop a pile of cheap consumer crap, with such a tiny shriveled member. Cultural and political impotence cannot be remedied with knock-off medication.

Very sad.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think the real issue here is that china thinks americans have too much gun liberties and the populace is over-armed to the teeth. China allows people to own guns but with more restrictions than the USA. Many cultures are shocked with what americans can legally own.

A good question one must ask himself is how many people take the second amendment seriously and what are their ultimate goals. Do they keep arms to ensure america always stays right wing and even try to make her go extreme right?

If anyone should be fearful it is the left leaning americans who for the most part abhor firearms and would be at a great disadvantageous position should a civil war ever break out. I mean political ideology is a great weapon for the mind but it alone cannot win the big struggle. I think rogue right wing elements in america have quietly been preparing for an all out offensive campaign....one for the mind and one for the body!

Perhaps china has a good point eventhough it is not communist anymore....well technically it is communist but only on paper.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Pleasure to have you respond to one of my posts. Yeah, the whole point of the post was to illuminate how China could actually be a threat to free speech, not to support its attempts.

If I understand correctly, you thought people were starring this post because they agreed with China doing such things? That would be disturbing, but hopefully not the case.
edit on 6-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Good to have you respond to one of my posts, too, Beezzer. Yeah, the problem is America might start listening if China gets enough economic power over our politicians. By the way, do you play Starcraft 2? I've always wondered for some reason.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have to laugh when a country like China feels it can give advice to others on how to treat people. America does have a poor record of human rights(slavery, forced sterilizations, and women's rights, etc..) I still want to live here than in China. What strikes me the most is the fact that China cannot grasp a constitution.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

China Calls for ‘No Delay’ on Gun Controls in U.S.

December 15, 2012, 11:31 pm

HONG KONG — The state news agency in China, the official voice of the government, has called for the United States to quickly adopt stricter gun controls in the aftermath of the shooting rampage in Connecticut that left 28 people dead, including 20 schoolchildren.

source

I can only imagine why the Chinese would wish to disarm the US citizens, I don't feel they are concerned that guns endanger our fellow Americans.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
The term pot calling kettle black comes to mind.2nd

Or the Pol Pot (of MerRouge Cambodia) calling the kettle black. \

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hey China its called a FREE COUNTRY. Why dont you look into it sometime? Oh thats right, you're COMMUNIST!!!

Originally posted by Daedal

China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

www.examiner.com

“The United States prioritizes the right to keep and bear arms over the protection of citizens' lives and personal security and exercises lax firearm possession control, causing rampant gun ownership,” the report claims. “The U.S. people hold between 35 percent and 50 percent of the world' s civilian-owned guns, with every 100 people having 90 guns [and] 47 percent of American adults reported that they had a gun.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nyconsulate.prchina.org

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
All murder is a human rights violation and draconian gun control laws are also a human rights violation.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Seems they are a bit upset that they can never take the US from the people. It`s called Freedom and something they or no one else will just take from us. Not even our own Government.

I find it funny how this comes out right after the case of them having a backdoor into our military electronics. Bet they can`t stop my firing pin from slamming home. Come on over and try.

And people wonder why the world is a messed up place. Just
listen to yourselves. Most of you are completly brainwashed.
Talking about being in a free country! What country is free. What
country has not killed its people or still killing its people?

I mean, we still vote in the government, even if we dont like
them. Now that being conditioned!

None of us are free. We are just made to think we are, and most
people fall for it

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Those who live in Glass houses........

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
In a strange way, I feel China's pain.

I mean -- aside from a few sad sack American guys seeking brides, they possess few things intrinsically that the west wants or desires. Their philosophy, while ancient and grounded in some wisdom, has been bastardized by a dead-end political ideology. Thy have little ability to project their culture, save through martial arts films. They have zero ability to project power or force, save through nuclear war, and that would destroy what they desire most, and provoke retaliation which would swallow them as well.

Of course they hate and fear America's gun-culture. If their people ever begun stockpiling similar arsenals, their power would evaporate over night. It must be odd, to sit atop a pile of cheap consumer crap, with such a tiny shriveled member. Cultural and political impotence cannot be remedied with knock-off medication.

Very sad.

What a complete and utter load of rubbish!

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join