It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

www.examiner.com

“The United States prioritizes the right to keep and bear arms over the protection of citizens' lives and personal security and exercises lax firearm possession control, causing rampant gun ownership,” the report claims. “The U.S. people hold between 35 percent and 50 percent of the world' s civilian-owned guns, with every 100 people having 90 guns [and] 47 percent of American adults reported that they had a gun.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nyconsulate.prchina.org

+35 more 
posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
China is one of the largest countries with human right's abuses, not saying the U.S. is exempt. But surely the record shows what can happen to an unarmed population when they have no means to defend themselves against would be aggressors.

IMO the opinion of China doesn't carry much clout. Just have a look at Tibet where the Universal Declaration of Human Rights including the rights to self-determination, freedom of speech, assembly, movement, expression and travel are revoked or limited.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-5-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

+31 more 
posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
That is rich considering the human rights violations, from the state sponsor of 1 child policy, and abort those humans.,

Gun ownership is a human right to keep another human who thinks they have a right to kill them. China has no room to talk.

Who elected China or the Us Government to play god?

I didn't.
edit on 29-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The term pot calling kettle black comes to mind.2nd

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
pot meet kettle..... i some how dont think this will go very far as im pretty sure most Americans could care less what Chinese politicians think of the 2nd amendment.

+49 more 
posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
They don't want us owning guns in case they have to come repossess land here when the government defaults.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Communist China hates the fact we Americans have the right to bare arms.. what a surprise
especially coming from a country whose technology evolves so quick they have a hard time keeping their ducks in a row.
edit on 29-5-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree. They also carry over the abuse to the mines in Africa.

+3 more 
link   
Yeah right China. USA give up it's guns. No I think I'll hang on to mine. You know in case you guys want to do more than just take us over financially.

They know, heck every country knows that it's suicide to step onto american soil in a crazy invasion attempt. Like forget about our military mind our civilians. they alone would probably be able to stop most of an invasion right there.

Also, ever wonder if China is saying this to help NATO accused agenda of instilling martial law in the US. Good thing for the second amendment. makes things like martial law. A LOT harder to do. Especially since the civilians are better shots and have more experience shooting a rifle than most military folk.

link   
Wow...this is amusing.

Not really, though. China should be happy her citizens do not own guns. Or the heads of her leaders would be stuck on stakes outside Beijing by now.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Of course they say that, because they are over there! I wouldn't feel safe in America WITHOUT a gun lol. Trying to prevent gun control here is just backwards at this point.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
They don't want us owning guns in case they have to come repossess land here when the government defaults.

While I don't see this as being a valid scenario, I see it as a political statement made to the corporations owned by the Chinese to clear the guns out SO our corporations can repossess the land to PAY the Chinese if a default situation happens.

You have to think in terms of centuries to grasp the volatile nature of power in this world. Repossessing land to resell would take time and if enough guns are cleared via pressure to allow a forceful repayment then this is the route they would follow.

b

+2 more 
posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

The right to bear arms was set in stone to ensure that this nation shall not perish from the hands of tyranny everyone knows this and those who champion that government has any right to do that when they have been shown time and time agian to be incompetent with the handling of their own, is an act of treason.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
www.ammoland.com... think this one might have scared them a bit....

www.reuters.com... and this link also seems to mention 40 million guns in private hands in china so i think they can own guns just not hand guns or anything semi automattic/auttomatic least in private hands this link seems to have some info but its not too informative www.gunpolicy.org...

online.wsj.com... far more informative
edit on 29-5-2012 by KilrathiLG because: add links

Like other technologies, guns have a long history here. Chinese invented gunpowder more than a thousand years ago, and soon developed one of the first guns, called a "fire spear." Rifles were widely available by the late 19th century, when war and revolution began engulfing the country. In 1938, as the Communists battled the Japanese and the ruling Nationalists for control, Mao Zedong made his famous remark that "political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" -- foreshadowing strict gun laws the Communists later imposed.

edit on 29-5-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This reeks of NWO to me.

Large country condemns gun ownership by population. -> Gun ownership laws are tightened and even more regulated.

Or get this...

over the protection of citizens' lives and personal security

What?? Isn't that what gun ownership is all about?
Well that and hunting

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It is interesting to note, all other questions aside, that America is the only "western" country I can think of where gun ownership is a constitutional (?) right and a gun is something that a lot of people own and/or have experience with.

With the exception of possibly farmers (shotguns, not glocks!), sports persons and LEO's, I think most if not all of Europe is gun-free. I've lived in 3 countries in my life, UK, Germany, Holland and visited or traveled through 2 others, Belgium and France. I didn't see anyone except LEO's with guns there either.

I must admit the social and practical aspects of it have always interested me. Do people take it everywhere, to work, to bowling, to the bar, etc? Is it all visible? Conceal carry? Etc, etc.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

And we really care about what China says? This same country who has massacred it's own people who were left defenseless because they didn't own firearms?

A gun is just a tool, on it's own it can kill no one. People kill people. As i always say, better to have one and never need it, than to not have it and then end up needing it. Wishes do not provide defense. Taking away the right to bear arms will not solve the problem of criminals obtaining firearms, because the criminal element that deals with the black market will always have firearms because thats the tools of their trade.

Moreover, the U.S. fed government can't even protect it's own people, one look at the state of Arizona that is in a daily battle against mexican drug cartels like the Zetas is the proof of that, because it's the U.S. fed government selling them weapons via the "Fast and Furious" scandal through the FBI/ATF.

The U.S. government funds terrorist groups in the middle east and provides them with weapons (al'qaeda), provides the mexican drug cartels with weapons etc. I mean gee, theyre funding and providing everyone but their own people with weapons while trying to take our weapons away. Anyone starting to feel like a lamb to the slaughter? Anyone starting to feel like the people who are supposed to protect them are betraying them?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
That is rich coming from the human rights violation from the state sponsor of 1 child and abort those humans.,

Gun ownership is a human right to keep another human who thinks they have a right to kill them. China has no room to talk.

Who elected China or the Us Government to play god?

I didn't.

China is just peeved that the US has liberty's for it's citizenry unlike the serf-like ways China treats it's own people (ie near-ZERO gun rights)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The thread title is one of the best reasons to enforce the 2nd Amendment I've heard in a long time.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

and nothing will come of this at all. it is a safe guard to keep other country's out. we have guns and if another country tries to invade the us, im sure they will be met with the armed forces and every gun owning person in this country.

also why do they even care, there country has more violations to human rights than most others

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join