It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Man o man, well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black then I don't know what is.

The hypocrisy is almost unbearable, in the last 50 years China has probably committed more human rights violations than any other country in the world and now they have the nerve to say our second amendment is a human rights violation? Perhaps if their citizens had been armed there wouldn't have been so many human rights violations against the citizens by the totalitarian Chinese regime.

I sure would like for the genius that thought this up to explain to me how my ownership of guns that are locked in a safe unless I am hunting or target practicing is violating anyone's human rights. Or even better yet tell me how my owning those guns is endangering anyone's safety. The fact is that my owning ofmy firearms are adding to my family's safety and my family's human rights.

My family has the right as human beings to eat and as long as we have a firearm then we will be guaranteed the ability to hunt and eat if we are ever faced with a collapse of the system. My owning of my guns is in fact making my family safer because if faced with a situation where our lives are in immediate danger we have the ability to immediately defend ourselves instead of having to dial 911 and wait for law enforcement to arrive.

I would much rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone if I am in a situation where my family is in danger from an intruder. That gun will deter said assailant from committing an act of violence against myself and family much more than a threat of calling 911.

This statement by the Chinese has nothing to do about human rights and everything to do with Agenda 21 and the disarming of America. IMHO this is the beginning of the Chinese trying to disarm us in an attempt to make it safer for them to collect on their money when we enter full default on the trillions we owe them.

If China thinks my guns risks making me unsafe then by all means they are more than welcome to come to my home and attempt to take them. Ill be more than happy to demonstrate to them just how safe my firearms make me and my family from intruders onto our property.

Lái dédào yīxiē

ETA: People really need to wake up, the dominoes are being set in place for the implementation of TNWO and one world government. If we continue to sit by and focus on the Kardashians and the rest of the BS on TV we are doomed. Only a well educated and informed people have the ability to remain free. When people are distracted from the threats to their liberties then those liberties are already lost.
edit on 29-5-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I think we have our answer....

Every Communist must grasp the truth, 'Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.'

-- Mao Tse-tung, 1938, inadvertently endorsing the Second Amendment.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, short swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other types of arms. The possession of unnecessary implements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to foment uprisings.

-- Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun, August 1588

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so.

-- Hitler, April 11 1942

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Very well said, if I could I would give you 2 stars!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Most countries in today's world do not understand that in America, government does not = The People. We are a nation of laws and the majority respect those laws and adhere to them. But, there is a line beyond which the government best not cross. And, the Second Amendment is there for us, The People, for a reason.

But, pay attention to the little nudges....inch by inch you don't notice till one day you look up and say, "how in the hell did we let that happen?!"

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Any one want to guess how many chinese SKSs there are in the US from before President Clinton issued an executive order banning the importation of all Chinese-made firearms and ammunition.
www.sff.net...

i have a Norinco 1911 clone,

Just maybe they are now afraid that if they tried to invade the US that there troop would be mowed down with Chinese made weapons.

And just look at the number of insurgent groups and terrorist groups around the world china has armed

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

If the honest people got rid of our personal guns here in America, there would be so much chaos with all the crooked and greedy people here. It's the fact that 47 percent of households have guns that keeps the people honest and not breaking into others homes. The police cannot take care of a country this size and the poor morals of half the people would cause the good half to get killed off. If the good people here get killed off than China has something to worry about as the corrupt would attempt to steal what they have. China just doesn't have a clue what is going on here. Crooked people will always have guns. Why can't the honest person have one. Anyone could get a blackmarket handgun if they had the right connections. They are more expensive than legal guns though and you never know who got shot with the gun before you bought it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
, with every 100 people having 90 guns [and] 47 percent of American adults reported that they had a gun.”

This is total bull, I got 10 guns all by myself....

Maybe 100 million would not have starved as China pushed into the industrial age if the citizens had guns... Maybe if China wasn't the biggest exporter of guns.... Maybe if Europe had guns then the Nazis would not have steam roll over half of it... Maybe...

I think we are ok, makes me wonder that China would love to see America disarmed...well then their billion man army might have a chance in a ground war...maybe

edit on 30-5-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Every Communist must grasp the truth, 'Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.'

-- Mao Tse-tung, 1938, inadvertently endorsing the Second Amendment.

That makes China one of the biggest hypocrites i have ever seen.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I just got done watching Troy.

Man they had a tough time taking that Castle.

Mostly because of the citizens being armed and being able to protect themselves.

Im sure the agressor King sure would have loved it if they just laid down their swords and let them walk right in.

China sure has a lot to say about America these days.
I think it would be best if they just stfu and mind to the slaughtering and slave driving going on in their country. Its what they do best.

Oh- and make cheap "tainted" plastic toys that kill babies.

edit on 30-5-2012 by Common Good because: Add Tainted

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I personally believe the USA is rooted, a finished society.
If one thing can rescue the whole country from slavery its the power the people have in their weapons.
Whoever drew up the bill of rights was protecting your country, was a wise bloke.

The Chinese would prefer an unarmed population, easier to control.
This sorta stuff would make me buy another box of ammo and another gun just to stick it up them.

Its a right I wish I had.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Its ridiculous that the chinese have accused america of abusing the humans rights law. america don't even recognise it to abuse it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I think the whole point of this report is to give a US a taste of it's own medicine (in China's view, not mine), considering the fact that the US continuously subjects China's human rights record to a high priority in terms of the Sino-US relationship, both publicly and privately. This is similiar to how China critisizes Australia for it's human rights record in relation to the indigenous community when Australia brings up China's human rights record.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
If anyone needs to be knocked down a peg its China. Then again.....whos to say that the US War Cabal hasn't engineered this whole thing from the start? After all, we are the reason the China machine keeps churning.

Personally I think its nothing more than a big rope a dope....and China is going to find out real soon who is and isnt bluffing. We built them up, we can tear them down.

Hypothetically (cause it would never happen) If I was to speak to the Chinese President, I would call him a Chunk, and tell him to GFY, then I would take his wallet at gun point. that'll teach him...

The guys what? 4 ft tall?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Damn shame Truman was too much of a coward to let MacAuthur go in and kick the crap out of them when we had the chance. All that aid we sent in to protect those people from the Japanese and this is how it is repaid. Same could be said about Patton and the Russians in WW2. I thought WW2 was the war to end all wars but all it did was set the stage for the "Cold War" and now about 20 years after it is over it looks to be starting up all over again.

Just to make a point i might just go buy another gun today for the hell of it. Maybe one of the countless AK or SKS knockoffs that the Chiniese copied just like everything else they do. Not to mention the millions of rounds they also produce for these particular weapons.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
It's pretty logical China says this, since China often got similar negative sounds about their country from the western media, mainly about human rights violations or currency manipulation.

Probaly the chinese get tired of it and now since the US needs China allot to buy their debt, they get a bigger mouth.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Yawn, really China felt the need to state that? Oh so very rich
The guns are a threat to peoples lives? Only if someone is using it. Know what else is a threat to peoples lives??? Things made in China. At least a gun is obvious as to it's use. The Chinese were killing kids w/toys. Where is the problem again???? And aren't the guns out of government hands? So how can this be treated seriously when it's part and parcel with our governments charter here in the US? The current regime in China is a toddler compared to the US regime. Our revolutionaries actually had the people best interest at heart when they took over. Even if the current way of running things shows our leaders have forgotten.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hahahahaha one of the most oppressive governments in history condemning peoples right to self defense, no surprise there, after all.......

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Just China following Sun Tzu's The Art of War to the letter, I am sure. Good luck with that ...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra
?? Isn't that what gun ownership is all about?

Thats what you're taught.

I don't see why China even said this, it's like asking brits to give up on tea. We just get boners over certain stuff and Americans like having the power to end someone life.
edit on 30/5/12 by Swamper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
That is rich considering the human rights violations, from the state sponsor of 1 child policy, and abort those humans.,

Gun ownership is a human right to keep another human who thinks they have a right to kill them. China has no room to talk.

Who elected China or the Us Government to play god?

I didn't.
edit on 29-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Did you watch the O'Reilly Factor today? See the bit on the US abortion clinics where you can abort a baby girl if that is what you ask for?

China had to have a one child rule to protect itself. Its overpopulated. America should think about it. Another thing I saw on the Factor today was a guy on welfare that has fathered 20 children. People want to send him to jail. Maybe making that illegal for someone on welfare would be more sensible.

And who elected US to play god? Dont you like your own medicine? Drink it down because its only the start.

Soon it will be all those homeless that are Human Rights Abuses. The Tent Cities. The National debt will become an issue,and you will be treated like Greeks. The fact that most Americans dont work and you are all lazy. The fact that you silence political opposition(OWS).

Russia and China will be calling for the International Community to arm OWS and back its NTC before you know it. And Im not joking,this is what I see as Americas future unless it pulls its head in. You Americans will be liberated if you will not liberate yourselves.

And if you dont like other nations sticking their noses in,maybe America should do the same. Mind your business. Get out of the Pacific!
edit on 30-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join