It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Second amendment protection against tyranny is a bit of wisdom I guess a budding capitalist society like China has yet to learn. I guess the Chinese think their government is going to remain pure for all eternity.

Remain Pure?

WTH?

What have you been smoking? Have you bothered to read about their Governments history of how they have treated their own Citizens?

Cultural Revolution. Read about it...

For such an "ancient" society, you would figure they would know by now about the tendency of power to corrupt people.

Headsup, They know all about it. They have lived through it and under it for a while now. Notice they do not have the right to bear arms.

That should have given you your first clue.

China can go jump in a lake.
edit on 29-5-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Let me pose one question here. Does the Chinese government have guns? We are to trust the government with guns over the people? The Chinese government is the one violating the human rights of its citizenry.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

www.examiner.com

“The United States prioritizes the right to keep and bear arms over the protection of citizens' lives and personal security and exercises lax firearm possession control, causing rampant gun ownership,” the report claims. “The U.S. people hold between 35 percent and 50 percent of the world' s civilian-owned guns, with every 100 people having 90 guns [and] 47 percent of American adults reported that they had a gun.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nyconsulate.prchina.org

What are they going to do about it? Take it to the UN?

Other cultures just do not understand the depth of the importance of the Second Amendment to the American citizenry. That's why I think Obama doesn't truly "get it" and would sell us down the river to appease some UN Treaty negotiation. Don't even think about it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Well,a rag tag group worked against the british in 1776!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yea, it was mostly sarcasm. You don't need to write a report on it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I am cool with Chinas opinion of my guns.
Good thing is.... If anyone does not like my guns, they are free to move outside the US.
Just about 2 miles should make them absolutely safe from me.

China should keep to their business, I'll keep to mine.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sharkman

Also vietnam was micromanaged by the white house.I seem
to remember our boys couldn't blow up an outhouse without
permission.
My first husband was a vietnam vet.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Humm,take it to the U.N.? I think that is exactly what some
are trying to do.Does the Hillary small arms treaty with the U.N.
ring a bell?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Yep. I have been telling everybody I can tell that holds our Second Amendment near and dear to keep an eye on the UN Arms Trade Treaty negotiations in July.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

its 50/55 for reservists and as a present from the governnment they get a full autto rifle upon retirement it used to be a bolt action but they upgraded it in the late 90's? officers get to keep their side arms

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

posted earlier they do have gun rights its just not gaurenteed by their constitution/governing body of laws they can own guns as long as they are not hand guns and are bolt action they own some 40 million firearms (out of a billion people not to many)and to get these weapons all kinds of hoops have to be jumped through but they can and do own them i didnt know that tell today though to be honest

www.lindsayfincher.com... evidently you can even go to china and shoot their military weapons if you pay them kind of war tourism but that was just one womans expirence so i dont know if its a regular thing or not
edit on 29-5-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

en.wikipedia.org... useing and counting that i would say that they have somewhere between 10-12 million type 56's available unless they export more then i had assumed but that is just one type of gun and wouldnt even touch their side arms industry

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
LMAO!!! And in the words of Dave Chappelle (As US president): "UN, you get problem with that. You know what you should do. You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh! wait a minute! You don't have an army! So I guess that means you need to STFU! That's what would I do if I don't have an army, I would S-T-F-U. (leans towards microphones on the podium) Shut. The. F. UP!. That's right! Kofi Annan, I ain't takin' orders from an African. You might speak sixteen languages, but you gonna need them when you in Times Square selling fake hats."

Whatever China...China, i think you shoud STFU!!!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
China should not be able to use the phrase "human rights violation". On an unrelated note, it's funny how people are referring to China as if it were a person. (Myself included) "China should STFU" lmao. CHINA! GO TO YOUR ROOM NOW AND DON"T COME OUT UNTIL YOU CAN BEHAVE!!! lol

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You must be referring to Dave Chappelle. He's a comedian...give him a break. Oh yeah, in case you dont know, communist countries speak with ONE VOICE AS IF ONE PERSON BECAUSE GUESS WHAT? ITS COMMUNISN AND FOLKS CANT VOICE THIER OWN OPINIONS!!!!

DUH

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
China should not be able to use the phrase "human rights violation". On an unrelated note, it's funny how people are referring to China as if it were a person. (Myself included) "China should STFU" lmao. CHINA! GO TO YOUR ROOM NOW AND DON"T COME OUT UNTIL YOU CAN BEHAVE!!! lol

edit on 29-5-2012 by princeofpeace because: be

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I had to add that for you!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Chapelle kills me!!! LOL

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

You Misinterpreted my comment, I've seen Chappele live he's hilarious. I was referring to the comments in the thread.

edit on 29-5-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Sorry man- i got you!! Thanks for posting that link...i had to watch it again LOL

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Seems they are a bit upset that they can never take the US from the people. It`s called Freedom and something they or no one else will just take from us. Not even our own Government.

I find it funny how this comes out right after the case of them having a backdoor into our military electronics. Bet they can`t stop my firing pin from slamming home. Come on over and try.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join