It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

Originally posted by Citybig
You failed to mention the fact that the Chinese value things like respect, honour, dignity, decorum and etiquette, I'm not sure these things were ever widespread in the US.

Kind of ironic that these are traits that most American haters also seem to lack ...

just sayin

That's a very wide statement, I think you should ask the other 6,700,000,000 people who dislike you, for accuracy you understand.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

I am a strong believer in the right to bear arms. I do believe that the local police department should have the right to keep the guns out of the hands of known criminals though. I come from a small town where the police know who the bad guys are but sometimes have their hands tied by the legal system we have. They arrest criminals and the criminals get a slap on the hand and are released. That's not right, how are our young going to learn to be good people if punishment for crimes is not there. They go on to do bigger crimes becoming a menace to society.

I belong to a gun club and know many shooters. They are respectable people and they are not the kind of people who would take out a gun to commit a crime. They teach their young responsibility in guns. I have been hunting since I was eight years old, I know the responsibility that goes with gun ownership. Many people own guns and aren't responsible. I've seen a lot of people horsing around with guns in my life which is dangerous and these people cause accidents. Many people shouldn't own guns but many of us should. Some of us have the capability to help others and are responsible while others are the opposite.

I know that what I think will not be acceptable to others and I know that sometimes even a person who we think is bad can do good things. That is why I will not say anything bad against the NRA's policies. I do think that a local police officer here should have some rights to at least temporarily take away guns and give them to a persons relative to get them out of the hands of a person till they mature. A responsible relative, not one that will give them right back. We don't have to be against our local police force, we can work with them. I don't have much good to say about the FBI and some of the organizations at upper levels though.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
we shouldn't fall into the game of "my country is more noble than yours". China has done many horrible things, and like ALL governments, things like honor and dignity are like fairy tales. You go talking about them to an official and he might give you a pat on the head and a sugar cookie for being cute.

The US has fat people....yes.....but did you know that Europe is starting to catch up? Spain is the fattest country in Europe. Basically where you are over worked and over stressed, you eat crap food and allot of it.

China is not fat because they don't have enough food to feed their people in excess if they wanted to. They will get fat eventually when their quality of life goes down and their work load goes up. The more pay, the less time to enjoy it, more crap food you satiate yourself with to justify your trouble.

You guys remember the Fat Chinese kids we were seeing back when China first started to be prosperous as a capitalistic society? People would stuff their kids until they were beasts because it was a sign of wealth. "I can feed my kid like a hoarse" Fat kids were a status symbol. Just like Dogs are. "I am so rich I can feed an animal for fun"

Basically we are under the illusion of being different "races". We really only have minor differences we see as more important like skin color, or language syntax. Really we are so similar it is ridiculous. We must see ourselves as a single species with many slight variations.

If you can't, then you are a cave man. My descendants will enjoy digging up and studying what is left of you and your kind when we are all that is left after the monkey men kill themselves over magic books and slightly different skin color.......

edit on 30-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
It's pretty logical China says this, since China often got similar negative sounds about their country from the western media, mainly about human rights violations or currency manipulation.

Probaly the chinese get tired of it and now since the US needs China allot to buy their debt, they get a bigger mouth.

Exactly. Look at how China spoke to the US after the US suffered the humiliating Credit Downgrade. They spoke down to America and made fun of them. They laugh at America now. They think America is a punchline. By buying US debt,they are purchasing Americas Government and they will have every right in the world to give America orders. Slash Government spending. Harsh Austerity. Just like what the IMF is doing to Greece.

Americans are in denial. Rome burns.

Americans will have to get used to criticism and taking orders. This is only the beginning.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

I don't like to fight but if I couldn't talk my way out of it I will win the fight somehow. There is always a weapon around, and I know ways to instantly take down a person, some permanently.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

You failed to mention the fact that the Chinese value things like respect, honour, dignity, decorum and etiquette, I'm not sure these things were ever widespread in the US.

Kind of ironic that these are traits that most American haters also seem to lack ...

just sayin

That's a very wide statement, I think you should ask the other 6,700,000,000 people who dislike you, for accuracy you understand.

We having an old saying in the hills of Kentucky pal, if the shoe fits, wear it

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Put this in your pipe and smoke it China!!!

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I dont know what's more absurd and offensive: a nosey neighbor running his opinionated mouth over what I do with my life or a foreign country on the other side of the world running its opinionated mouth over what I do with my life.

Both the neighbor and the country must have more pressing personal issues that their time and concern could be better spent on.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I dont know what's more absurd and offensive: a nosey neighbor running his opinionated mouth over what I do with my life or a foreign country on the other side of the world running its opinionated mouth over what I do with my life.

Both the neighbor and the country must have more pressing personal issues that their time and concern could be better spent on.

I share your opinion of America.

They have been running their opinionated mouths over what the rest of the world does for far to long. America has no right to be running its opinionated mouth over what the rest of the world does with their lives.

And I agree,America has far more pressing issues than Imperialism. They need to fix their own failing country. The concern would be better spent.

And I agree,its refreshing to see someone stand up to America and make them drink their own medicine for a change. Maybe America and its people will see how it feels now to have another nation meddle in its affairs.

Cool post

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

just sayin

We having an old saying in the hills of Kentucky pal, if the shoe fits, wear it

A single nation that has succeeded in lowering the intelligence, the morality, the quality of the human race almost throughout the globe is a phenomenon never before experienced since the beginning of time. I accuse the United States of being in a constant state of crime against humanity." -- Henry de Montherlant

I prefer that saying, if I'm entirely honest.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I find this extremely hilarious, US is always running its mouth towards China and its "lack of freedom", the Chinese don't like it and so they send their own complaints hahahah. Second day in a row I almost died of laughter after reading a thread about US/China.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

A single nation that has succeeded in lowering the intelligence, the morality, the quality of the human race almost throughout the globe is a phenomenon never before experienced since the beginning of time. I accuse the United States of being in a constant state of crime against humanity." -- Henry de Montherlant

I prefer that saying, if I'm entirely honest.

... yea, he had it totally under control, maybe if your lucky you can be just like him

Montherlant died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head after swallowing a cyanide capsule in 1972.

edit on Wed May 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

... yea, he had it totally under control, maybe if your lucky you can be just like him

Montherlant died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head after swallowing a cyanide capsule in 1972.

If Henry de Montherlant is not to your liking, then Georges Clemenceau may be better, besides, his quote is far simpler and more to the point.

"America is the only nation in history which has gone miraculously directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilisation." -- Georges Clemenceau
edit on 30-5-2012 by Citybig because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Wow...1.3 billion Chinese people condemn U.S. gun ownership....that's a pretty amazing consensus.

And here I thought I was doing good when I got my family to agree on what to have for dinner.

ETA.....I also heard they can eat with sticks....

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Dude, are you IN THE US?

If so just leave. The world is yours to explore. I think you will become very bitter unless you either take a break or move. You will also learn about what you appreciate about the US. I know I did. I left and now find myself more proud than ever about my country. I love my country now, before I just liked my state, city, etc.

The US has allot of good too. It is untrue to simply state that the government is the end all of US representation. We are a diverse and complex society. I love us! You should leave though. Find a place you love and enjoy it.

Have a great day!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
ETA.....I also heard they can eat with sticks....

Now that's just plain silly...who would eat with sticks?

Honestly!?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

I share your opinion of America.

They have been running their opinionated mouths over what the rest of the world does for far to long. America has no right to be running its opinionated mouth over what the rest of the world does with their lives.

And I agree,America has far more pressing issues than Imperialism. They need to fix their own failing country. The concern would be better spent.

And I agree,its refreshing to see someone stand up to America and make them drink their own medicine for a change. Maybe America and its people will see how it feels now to have another nation meddle in its affairs.

Cool post

If it wasnt for the hated Americans you would be running your mouth in Japanees these days. We saved your az in WW2. For the most part I love the Ausies just not comies like you.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
"You cannot attack the mainland US, there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"

Looks like China wants to do something about that..

Just an observation..

Hey China.. want our guns? Come and get em!
edit on 30-5-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

If Henry de Montherlant is not to your liking, then Georges Clemenceau may be better, besides, his quote is far simpler and more to the point.

"America is the only nation in history which has gone miraculously directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilisation." -- Georges Clemenceau
edit on 30-5-2012 by Citybig because: (no reason given)

Interesting ... from the guy who also said,

"My home policy: I wage war. My foreign policy: I wage war. All the time I wage war."

Maybe he was just mad his little policies didnt work to well against the US ...
Certainly, didn't work out to well for him in WW2 did it

Luckily, the "barbarians" were there to help save him

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
Not really interested in taking human rights lectures from China..

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join