It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electricity generated from water: BlackLight Power announces validation of its scientific breakthrou

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Since it seems to use vapor the water used may even be sea water, or gray water. The issue here is that if a new energy source is found the taxation most governments in at least Europe put on oil will indeed move elsewhere. I'm with you that water will be a major issue for future generations making it an energy source only aggravates the issue but not to in the degree you are talking about...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

There is a huge amount of energy tied up in all matter, and possibly in space-time itself. The problem with getting it is that energy is relative. Compared to somewhere else, the entire ground of our planet may contain thousands of volts of potential, but for our uses it is simply "ground" potential and unable to supply power.

This process is attempting to retrieve energy beyond what we can typically access by lowering the energetic baseline for particular hydrogen atoms. There will be a cost associated with this as the hydrinos are released back into the environment, as they will attempt to recover that lost energy. The question in my mind is what this cost will entail. It might be destructive or it might be benign.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by PhoenixOD

There is a huge amount of energy tied up in all matter, and possibly in space-time itself. The problem with getting it is that energy is relative. Compared to somewhere else, the entire ground of our planet may contain thousands of volts of potential, but for our uses it is simply "ground" potential and unable to supply power.

This process is attempting to retrieve energy beyond what we can typically access by lowering the energetic baseline for particular hydrogen atoms. There will be a cost associated with this as the hydrinos are released back into the environment, as they will attempt to recover that lost energy. The question in my mind is what this cost will entail. It might be destructive or it might be benign.

TheRedneck
I wonder how the hydrinos(if they are being produced) behave in comparison to 'regular' elemental hydrogen? I would like to know what would happen if you tried to combine them with oxygen through normal combustion. How would that work if the hydrinos are at a lower energy state than normal hydrogen atoms???

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Ok, let's cut through the bs.

Has anyone got a way to reproduce this at grass-roots level?
The sooner people are producing their own power the better.

Everytime I see this 'breakthrough' stuff on the energy sector it's always 'Centralised distribution'.

Well screw that, we need our own ways of producing energy. Not just solar, not just wind but all the new stuff as well.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The bonds between hydrogen and oxygen in water are covalent, meaning the different nuclei 'share' electrons. When this bond happens, it results in specific geometric shapes based on the electron configurations of the atoms and the distances between bonds. If this distance is reduced, it will affect the ability of the involved atoms to bond covalently in what we think of as 'normal' combinations (like water).

The question is not whether this will affect the ability to bond, but how much? Probably hydrinos will still form diatonic molecules, but will they be able to form the O-H bonds at 105 degrees to form water? Only experimentation will tell. I suspect that any problems that may arise from this may have been overlooked in the theoretical laboratory setting; I will be interested to see reviews of the 1.5kW version's affect on the surrounding environment.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Thinking about it.

The big problem is isolating the hydrogen with a suitable catalyst. Potassium works, but it is expensive and cannot come into contact with air, water, or skin. I'll have to set up an inert environment to introduce the hydrogen into, and that will take some thought.

Dangerous stuff.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is not "water powered" as in steam where you can either condense the steam and reuse the water or release steam (water vapor) back into the atmosphere. Instead this is destruction of water molecules, removing the H from the molecule and thereby releasing an O atom. Okay so we get clean oxygen released, is that the price we have to pay for clean energy? No more free water.......ever!?

Not the water from your tap, even if you own a well, not the water in a creek or river or lake. It will be classified an energy source or mineral instead of what it should be which is for our survival. It would be just as dangerous as our air used for an energy source.

Water isn't made everyday and eventually we would be in a real ecological disaster scenario when we are faced with worldwide water shortages and dropping of the sea levels and water tables. It would truly become a Mad Max world.

No thank you, I don't love my computer, internet, TV, or even lights good enough to risk seeing this ever become our energy source. I would gladly live that people did 200 years ago with no power or conveniences before I would risk having one of the three basic need for life regulated and rationed.

Once the government declares water a mineral via bribes from the clean water energy corporations we are all doomed. That is when no one will be free because we will depend on the governments permission for the most basic need for survival.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
[
You believe someone who has taken close to 80 million from investors since 1991 while promising a workable technology in the mean time.

Lol. You get 100w for 80 million.
Lets get andrea rossi to look at this tech and who knows....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
We hear of all these great inventions all the time but the status quo is always Same Ole Same Ole. NOTHING EVER CHANGES!!!!! let free clean energy transform this world into a paradise already.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Stanley Meyer who was the pioneer of water splitting.

Here he is with his prototype using high frequency (approx 10Khz) AC current across stainless steel anodes and cathodes approx 3mm apart and cranked up to 600V.

He demonstrates the energy released from the water by cutting some metal and points out that the water does not heat up as in DC electrolysis.

Unfortunately Mr Meyer is no longer with us. He died in suspicious circumstances and his business was ransacked by shady characters.

There are plenty of amateur replication experiments on youtube.

Anyone with a pasta jar and a bit of electronic knowledge can knock up a prototype.. Just be careful of the gas. You'd need flashback arrestors to burn it on the fly.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by boncho

But don't get your hopes high... Seriously..

I think I'll decide who to trust and who to believe... seriously...

And here I thought that was something we all were doing, at least here...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IanPaul

Originally posted by PsyMike91
reply to post by R_Clark

THIS!!! Is a great find my friend!

Imagine the possibilities now. small Hydrogenerators fro home use, Hydroengines for an alternative fuel source.
That is, if tptb don't begin to charge to just breathe the air with gasoline out of the way.

Sadly that will probably happen lol. However the other by-product is that this releases oxygen into the air, not carbon monoxide, and other pollutants. I would rather spend $50 for a "tank of water" to power my vehicle than conventional gas. Imagine what smog ridden cities would look like with clean clear air!

Jesus christ on a t-rex, what is wrong with you people, im sure there are many corporate leeches who are very pleased to hear you are prepared to give them 50 for ten gallons of water.

Please in future, keep any aspirations you have about paying stupid money for water, private, please.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X

reply to post by R_Clark

Imagine the possibilities now. small Hydrogenerators fro home use, Hydroengines for an alternative fuel source.
That is, if tptb don't begin to charge to just breathe the air with gasoline out of the way.

Sadly that will probably happen lol. However the other by-product is that this releases oxygen into the air, not carbon monoxide, and other pollutants. I would rather spend $50 for a "tank of water" to power my vehicle than conventional gas. Imagine what smog ridden cities would look like with clean clear air!

Jesus christ on a t-rex, what is wrong with you people, im sure there are many corporate leeches who are very pleased to hear you are prepared to give them 50 for ten gallons of water.

Please in future, keep any aspirations you have about paying stupid money for water, private, please.

Trying to imagine Jesus riding a T-Rex.....and will chuckle the rest of the day....

I saw that too and told my wife earlier: "Some guy on ATS was talking about paying 50 bucks to fill up his gas tank with water."

She just looked at me with an eyebrow raised. I was like: "yah, I know. Dude! It's called water spigot and garden hose! I know we mostly have to pay a water bill or electricity to pump it from a well (that would be me), but still, that works a a LOT less than 50 dollars for a tank up!"

Those that have lakes, ponds, rivers or creeks on their land wouldn't even have to pay to get the water. Or you could rip out your electric well pump and put in a hand pump and pump your water by hand.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by R_Clark

Yeah, but then the urine stench would be overpowering.

The bus fumes temper it right now.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

it runs on water..

here is a guy who did it..

there are many examples out there now..

since you have "training" you should build one ....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The problem is, it would have to be in a VERY controlled envrionment and, as Redneck said, may not be easy to scale. The electron would much rather escape than go to that lower level and it would take much less energy for it to escape. Electrons are notorious for following the path of least resistance, so they have to be forced into that lower state using energy of some sort.
Since energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed from one form to another, energy has to be put in to make the change and with resistance, heat and all that other good stuff, on a large scale, that input energy will most likely be greater than the output energy and it would take more energy than it would produce, hence, it would not be a good energy source.
...might be a good way to produce oxygen or recombine sea water to fresh water though...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Always nice to have trolls and cointel.. Nice.. you also do not mention the details books, information, and patents that he has provided. Saying only why it is 'not good enough' for you.. while only representing the negatives.. gives you away...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Yes.

Thank you, R Clarke.. We appear to have trolls in the chorus.

Energy from water is old news..

Water is just a compound of hydrogen and oxygen...

Not rocket science that water is a fuel..

Extinguish your cigarettes please. There is water in my glass!!

Go and troll some time-travelling-chemtrail-planet-x threads.

edit on 23/5/2012 by lostjohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
so now, instead of running out of gas, they are going to make our whole planet die of dehydration, because they'r'e gunna suck up all the water in the whole planet, forcing us to finally go searching for the precious resource on another planet.

where we will find it, along with a civilization of alien life, and we will proceed to go to war with them.

i don't support this evil junk.

i totally saw it coming, if your reading this a few years after 2012.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join