It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electricity generated from water: BlackLight Power announces validation of its scientific breakthrou

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

It's a Press Release by a company pandering for investors and written by someone paid by them. It is not a news article and may not even be factual. Since it's a marketing ploy to get investment, it's surely exaggerated. 20 or 30 years down the road?

I'd think that it will be some time before it's actually available and even longer before it's affordable. Lot's of things to deal with even then.

- Can only be used where the water is available.
- In some areas water will have to be desalinated at a huge cost to provide enough water.
- In farming areas the water may need to be imported as the load on the local aquifer would make farming impossible and food is fairly important.
-Since the product will be for individual homes only those who can afford new, expensive technology will be able to use it at all.

Great news if it works out, but far in the future for now. In the meantime, we need power. The down side of this sort of thing is that people like Obama will tout as being ready now and affordable when in fact it is not. Activists don't seem to care about things like feeding the world or economic survival.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Even if this invention works as advertised, it is probably a very BAD idea to turn water into energy in a reactive process. Conventional wisdom suggests that it would be necessary to use an equal amount of energy in order to turn the hydrinos back to water. This could be a cool new way to produce energy, but I don't see it as an answer to our greater energy problems because it still produces waste-- and it uses one of our most important natural resources for fuel in a process that appears difficult to reverse.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

BlackLight has raised a total of $75 M for the development and commercialization of its breakthrough energy technology

Which has been going on about 20 years...

A 100 W unit is planned for completion by the end of 2012...

Oh this is nice, I wish I'd thought of that.
Decades of money, millions of dollars rolling in, and not even able to power a light bulb yet.
Seems like a scam too good to not get in on.

Wish somebody would pay me 3.75 million dollars a year to make unfulfilled promises.

edit on 23-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by boncho

BlackLight has raised a total of $75 M for the development and commercialization of its breakthrough energy technology

Which has been going on about 20 years...

A 100 W unit is planned for completion by the end of 2012...

Oh this is nice, I wish I'd thought of that.
Decades of money, millions of dollars rolling in, and not even able to power a light bulb yet.
Seems like a scam too good to not get in on.

Wish somebody would pay me 3.75 million dollars a year to make unfulfilled promises.

edit on 23-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Easy: start writing books predicting the end of the world! Apparently there's a great market for it!

Off topic, I know mods, sorry, but I could not resist.

On topic:

I was wondering how they are splitting the water vapor, due to the energy required, and I too was wondering how they hold the hydrogen stable long enough to achieve this change, since hydrogen is sort of like super glue in a way and loves to bond quickly.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

In other news, Blacklight Power has decided to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, citing the mysterious deaths of their lead scientists. Authorities have ruled out homicide, as all of the deaths appear to be suicide. Oddly enough, each scientist was able to shoot themselves in the head, twice."

(Source)
edit on 23-5-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Clap clap clap. Well said.

This sounds like a good thing, which can lead to better things.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
What exactly does it mean by 'shrink' the hydrogen atom? Are they saying that the single orbiting electron moves to a lower orbit?

Yes. According to Mills, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle is wrong, and somehow there is a "lower state" than ground state.

For certain unspecified magic reasons, normal hydrogen doesn't decay into these super-low-states, except in Mills' lab.

If Mills' theory were somehow correct, the transition from the hydrogen to the supposed hydrino would release X-rays. For commercial amounts of power, e.g. kilowatts, it would be a very large and dangerous-to-human-health X-ray flux. Conversion into useful power could be tricky.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I watched the news interview an inventor who ran his vehcile on salt water, not browns fuel. I already know alot of things can generate electricity, the main thing is it has to be out like a trojan horse in cells without anyone trying to make money with it, for the good of the world and TPTB will bury this unless they can make a lot of money of their "version" of alternative power.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
The problem is, it would have to be in a VERY controlled envrionment and, as Redneck said, may not be easy to scale. The electron would much rather escape than go to that lower level and it would take much less energy for it to escape. Electrons are notorious for following the path of least resistance, so they have to be forced into that lower state using energy of some sort. .

No they don't, that's just the point of a 'lower state'. Transitions are energetically favorable and thermodynamics pushes you in that direction unless there is some other conservation law forbidding the transition.

The actual ground state outside of Mills' lab is very easy to get to, you have to attempt to stop electrons from doing that.

Since Mills' theory doesn't really make sense (quantum mechanics has to explain things more than just hydrogen, but everything else in the universe) it isn't even possible to figure out what the physics forbidding the hydrogen->hydrino transition in normal circumstances and what changes in Mills' magic lab.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I have already seen such a device at work on the National Geographic chanel. It was during a show on preppers. You could use it for electricity and you could also use the hydrogen as a welding device. It was very interesting.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Without even reading other members post, I'll say this

Energy is in abundance, the ability to harness it exist for quite sometime, and yet we still marvel at new way to produce a very minuscule power which is deemed quite useless. I'm pessimist and its with a cause.

Our ability to progress was limited by those who are in greed. Its a sad state that we even have to pay for electricity.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A word on water...

We will not run out of water by converting it into hydrogen for a fuel. Period. Hydrogen, when burned in an oxygen atmosphere, creates as much water as it was originally obtained from. It may be true that this process does not burn hydrogen to create water directly, but the 'exhaust' is still hydrogen. The only difference is it is in a lower-energy state than what we normally consider hydrogen to be in.

The consequences of that are that the hydrinos (low-energy hydrogen atoms), being at such a low-energy state, will absorb energy from their surroundings until they once again become 'normal' hydrogen. That is the 'freezing effect' I mentioned earlier. Once that happens,they will recombine with oxygen to produce water, either via intentional combustion or via random atomic combustion in the atmosphere. If the purpose is to create electricity, it makes no sense to not use fuel cells to power the initial electrolysis.

Either way, the hydrogen will recombine with oxygen into water. There will be no drop in the amount of available water on the planet, save for a small amount that would be stored as free hydrogen and oxygen between time of electrolysis and time of recombination.

We will not run out of water.

On another note: There have been theories proposed that hydrogen can act as a metal instead of a non-metal. According to the periodic table, it should be capable of exhibiting both metallic and non-metallic properties, but to date hydrogen is only observed as a non-metal. Perhaps by reducing the energy associated with the electron shells (and thus the bond distance between atoms), these proposed metallic properties might be realized. It is interesting to consider, and something I intend to continue researching.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

How long do you think until the CIA takes all of the blueprints and hides them...or until some big electric company buys the plans and locks them away forever?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
As I read the story, I could not help but think of assertions of people I will group into a very generalized category I prefer to call "Lightworkers" who stated this week that "...soon you shall see announcements of new clean technology producing limitless, clean energy. Then you shall see practical evidence that our promises have not been empty..."

I must say this announcement fits the bill in my eyes. I have also come to believe absolutely, beyond any shadow of a doubt that the fate of our planet rests on the simple recognition that we don't have to take it anymore. We can do it. We have the energy to do it. We deserve "IT."

All that holds us back are the evil ones, such as those who are always the first to try and negate any claims made here. It's their job to convince us we are neither deserving or capable of being anything but their slaves.

I say hurrah for BlackLight. This is awesome news. Ron Paul will win the nomination. The Federal Reserve will be removed. Dark adherents to black magic and misery shall be exposed in the Vatican. Hired mercenaries shall be exposed on ATS and run in shame. It's a great day!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solenko
I have already seen such a device at work on the National Geographic chanel. It was during a show on preppers. You could use it for electricity and you could also use the hydrogen as a welding device. It was very interesting.

Care to give more info?

...And car enthusiast here. Think this technology could make it's way to cars? Could it be used in place of a modern combustion engine?

My dream would be to drive a Ford Mustang GT, have fun with it, and not have to worry about gas mileage
Hopefully this is a step towards that dream...
edit on 23-5-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Good point, however this cynic in is still skeptical. I mean, whatever happened to that guy Rossi from last year who supposedly invented cold fusion? He just dropped off the radar. I really want clean, renewable energy, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see it in action or specs released.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

What fascinates me is the sudden apparent harnessing of plasma. The battery story stolen by DOD was one but way cooler was an interview with an Iranian physicist by Kerry Cassidy. I'm spazzing on his name but it sounds like a new type of "nuclear" energy but instead of splitting or fusing nuclei, we are tapping some of the energy that keep the electrons whipping around.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Where would that single (only) electron go to from orbit 1s ??? There is no "lower" level orbit. also, no chemical reaction modifies the electron orbit - only energy does - taking it away or adding it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
wont be long for this to be released to the public for new-recyclable-TAXED-energy... money.. *sigh*

great news, but once the corperations get their taxy-hands on it, they will be billionaires! Just like the oil companies..

great find regardless..

~ Love is an art

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by windlass34

There is no lower energy orbit that we are aware of. That's what this is all about: a theory that not only can lower-energy orbits exist, but that they can be tapped.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join