It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney scared Ron Paul is winning!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

So a small minority of self declared "better Americans" should lord over those they see as inferior?

I don't know. Why don't you tell us? You're the one with "SHEEPLE" plastered all over your avatar. You obviously believe you have some superiority.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

I thought hoaxes were not allowed here

After next Tuesday Romney will be the nominee and other than going through the motions at the Convention it's over. That's simply a fact.

I doubt Mr. Paul appreciates the craziness as it drives rational people away from him and his message.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by EvilBat

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Ron Paul already quit. I saw it on the TV.

Apparently, Ron Paul ran out of money.

Your tv is lying to you

Ron Paul did not quit. He stopped campaigning for primary "popular vote"
to spend more on getting real delegates and focus on Florida

Florida? Check Drudge right now. See shock poll.

Romney is way out front now. It's over.

Obama evolved to - pro gay - marriage and they went running away.

Obama rolled the dice and lost.

Shock poll ? they are assuming he ( Mitt ) won the spot for rep candidate, and chose a vp and playing him against Obama. That's not an accurate thing to show that Ron quit

here is what Ron Paul said

“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

from ronpaul2012

Where in that statement does it say I suspend my presidential campaign or I quit?

So again I stand by my statement and say your tv is lying to you

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think Ron Paul is great. Not only should he be US president, he should be President of the world!
)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Ron Paul has now won the majority of the delegates in 11 states. And the delegate count happens to be the only thing that matters when it comes to electing nominees. Thank you Founding Fathers for the electoral college system.

The electoral college has nothing to do with how a political party chooses its nominee. But I do suspect the Paul supporters would use the electoral college to elect someone who didn't get the popular vote if they could figure out how to do it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

If you are unaware, Ron Paul has had the most votes at a majority of these caucuses and primaries. However, he is not connected to the mainstream GOP, who essentially counts the votes the way that they want to count them (i.e. in favor of Romney). So despite the fact the Paul gets the most votes, based on the number of people who actually went into the booths and cast a vote for him, the GOP has simply awarded those votes to Romney... and will chalk it up to error later (see Iowa caucus). All you have to do it look at how the GOP simply stopped counting votes in Maine after Romney had a slight edge...all the while outright canceling the caucuses in heavily ROn Paul districts.

If Romney had the overwhelming support that the numbers suggest, then he would be winning delegates in a landslide...but it appears as though the GOP is being beaten at their own game. They have played us for a fool long enough. It is not a coincidence that their seems to be an absence of Romney supporters at these delegate elections...because there are none.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Rand Paul would have no political prospects whatsoever without his father.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Link to Real Clear Politics current Delegate Count.

It would seem that even Gingrich has more Delegates. Just saying.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

They do.

In threads that Ron Paul supporters avoid because they're not about Ron Paul!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Paul has supporters not only in the Republican party but also Tea Party and Democrats. The only sensible option is for him is to leave the Republicans - they despise him and work against him anyway, and stand as an Independent OR start a new party, call it the Constitutional Party, the USA Party, or whatever, but the US needs a change and needs Ron Paul and similarly minded people!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I said it before, I'll say it again:

In the general election, the competition will be between Paul and Obama while Romney only has the voters that voted for him in the Primaries. He will not attract Democrats or Independents...Paul however will (including myself).

Romney might get the nomination, but he won't come close to Paul in the voting booths in November.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NaptownBrown

That's because the Paul supporters are activists, not because Paul has enough support to be President. If those Delegates don't follow the rules, they will negate the convention. Just reading here I'd bet they have problems with some who are fanatical enough they remind me of the mobs that put Dictators into power. Groupies are always irrational.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I said it before, I'll say it again:

In the general election, the competition will be between Paul and Obama while Romney only has the voters that voted for him in the Primaries. He will not attract Democrats or Independents...Paul however will (including myself).

Romney might get the nomination, but he won't come close to Paul in the voting booths in November.

But everything coming out of the Paul camp indicates that he is staying in the Republican party which means he won't run as an independent in the general election and will have to at least nominally endorse Romney.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Petriclivicus

Mainstream Media will not talk about him. They don't want him the "HIGHER POWERS" hate ron paul and everything he stands for. They want Americans to be good sheep and look away from paul. Sence Not putting him on TV.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Indirect ad hominem, duly noted.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Link to Real Clear Politics current Delegate Count.

It would seem that even Gingrich has more Delegates. Just saying.

This is a more accurate version of that poll.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by NaptownBrown

That's because the Paul supporters are activists, not because Paul has enough support to be President. If those Delegates don't follow the rules, they will negate the convention. Just reading here I'd bet they have problems with some who are fanatical enough they remind me of the mobs that put Dictators into power. Groupies are always irrational.

Way over the top statement. Just for that, you've lost credibility with me. I'm a Ron Paul supporter who was a Romney supporter until recently. I live in Ottawa County, the most conservative county in MI. I attended both our county and state conventions and the Ron Paul supporters are without a doubt passionate, but they are not irrational. They are some of the brightest minds in the party. When you come to understand what Dr. Paul stands for and then see with your own eyes what the establishment Republicans have tried to do to subvert a fair nomination, there is nothing irrational about the very honest way the RP activists are cunducting themselves. Since when is knowing and using Robert's Rules fanatical?
edit on 23-5-2012 by NowIsThe because: typo

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NowIsThe

When you are losing at a game you rigged from the start.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Ron Paul is not going to win the Republican nomination.

TPTB are supporting Mitt Romney....he is the one they have chosen....he is the one that will win...they have made sure of it.

Seriously...this is the reality of the situation...like it or not.

There is nothing constructive about your post.

It's an absolute waste of space.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NowIsThe

May I ask you why you support Ron now? What changed your mind?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join