It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney scared Ron Paul is winning!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
And here is why the delegates are "temporarily bound" this election

(for 2008 and 2010, bound delegates apparently didn't matter, or the rule that "delegates cannot be bound by any state for the RNC rule" would never have been made)

WASHINGTON – The Republican National Committee (RNC) approved the Temporary Delegate Selection Committee’s proposed amendment to Rule No. 15(b) amending the 2012 presidential nominating process.
Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele praised the adoption of the new amendment. “The decision by more than two-thirds of the Committee will put our presidential nominating process on the right track and ensure that we emerge from the primaries with the strongest Republican nominee possible to defeat Barack Obama,” said Chairman Steele.

Read more: www.gop.com...

So yeah....it's not about who you want the president to be, it's about who you DON'T want the president to be...and people wonder why Paul supporters are so passionate.. We are voting for something that matters to us, not just a knee jerk reaction to a bad president

Who'da thunk it?
edit on 23-5-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Ron Paul fans are ''nutty''.

Firstly, because they genuinely want to return the USA to some 18th-century hell-hole, despite the fact that the US has made great strides in recent decades to shake off that archaic and antediluvian ethos.

Secondly, because they are seriously deluded; still thinking that their boy has a chance of the Republican nomination, even so he's been blown out of the water by the voters from day 1.

Any normal, rational individual would analyse the situation and realise that his bizarre, niche views stood absolutely no chance of achieving a popular mandate from the off, let alone after 5 months of getting serious pwnage in the primaries.

edit on 23-5-2012 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Not speaking out against a "rogue" government of criminals hell bent on constant War, while robbing us blind, would be "nutty".......

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
No delegates should be "bound" to vote for anyone. Are you telling me that because Santorum and Gingrich got votes the delegates should still have to vote for them at the convention? This is stupid. Also, shouldn't delegates be allowed to change their mind later as they find out new information on candidates? What if Romney came out and said something that was totally against what he promised in the past to win votes? Should delegates have to go "well, I know he said this now but back in February he won so... because I'm bound, I have to vote for him"? This whole "bound" thing is ridiculous. Let the delegates vote how they want to vote.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
romney should drop out and throw his delegates to DR. CONGRESSMAN RON PAUL and POTUS 2012.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Great strides in recent decades?! Really?! Like what exactly?

+3 more 
posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Any normal, rational individual would analyse the situation and realise that his bizarre, niche views stood absolutely no chance of achieving a popular mandate from the off, let alone after 5 months of getting serious pwnage ........

Any normal, rational individual would see the current system is destroying the very framework this nation was built with. Our founding document is blatantly being trashed, avoided or altogether used for toilet paper...

Too bad this entire nation is +50% full of brainwashed, global proponents who think the gov't is a good thing because they have been raised to believe the hype. I don't believe the hype.

You see, when I look at Dr. Pauls views, I see the fight against this New World order.
I see the only standing chance we have at destroying this system of slaves "tptb" created.

I actually see a man who knows whats happening to this once great country.
And actually wants to help it...
He sees what our current leaders are doing.
He's against the strides they take to destroy us.

No one else will stand up for us.

So why would I support anyone else?
I don't want the status quo.

I want to see a drastic change.
Unfortunately for all you people who are anti-Paul....
You want the same garbage shoved down your throat.

I don't like the taste of garbage.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Firstly, because they genuinely want to return the USA to some 18th-century hell-hole, despite the fact that the US has made great strides in recent decades to shake off that archaic and antediluvian ethos.

Secondly, because they are seriously deluded; still thinking that their boy has a chance of the Republican nomination, even so he's been blown out of the water by the voters from day 1.

Any normal, rational individual would analyse the situation and realise that his bizarre, niche views stood absolutely no chance of achieving a popular mandate from the off, let alone after 5 months of getting serious pwnage in the primaries.

WOW!!!

Not 1 single fact in your entire post.
I feel that any people that are NOT for Dr.Paul are the nutty, bizzarre, deluded and irrational ones.
So lets lay it on the line Mr Holmes, who is your canddate and why do you support him.....this time lets try some facts for a change.

Oh and BTW........ RON PAUL for president 2012

And for the post above mine -------I wish I could star that million times

edit on 23-5-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

As an experienced ATS member I would've expected less twisting of words and more facts which deem his supporters "nutty". I'm going to start saying Obama and Romney's supporters are nutty with nothing to back it up and see how much hate I get.

Then I'm going to spit out false information like this

even so he's been blown out of the water by the voters from day 1.

And opinions like this

Any normal, rational individual would analyse the situation and realise that his bizarre, niche views stood absolutely no chance of achieving a popular mandate from the off,

And this

because they genuinely want to return the USA to some 18th-century hell-hole,

If you've ever watched anything about the man, I'm sure he's already told everyone again and again why his views are not bizarre in any way.
But since the MSM doesn't like him, you don't either. I feel sad for you, but its a little hard to since proof of why this country is failing is right in your face, and its proof of Ron Paul trying to stop it, yet you call that bizarre...Hmmm.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Yeah! Ron Paul! Forget delegates, who people voted for, nomination? Who cares! Let's not wait til November when Paul will beat obama by 91-9%. Let's just storm the capital now! Install Ron Paul as his excellency and the world will be right again. All hail Paul.

That's how most people in this forum sound.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I like the way that the romney forces of evil have to keep reminding you he is the main candidate, i guess this is for when the election is finally stolen, they can say, well we have been saying all along that he would win.
Turning a false reassurance into reality, isn't that how slimy people bend reality?. it takes the MSM to do it, you cannot cover up the lies with more lies without it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
Yeah! Ron Paul! Forget delegates, who people voted for, nomination? Who cares! Let's not wait til November when Paul will beat obama by 91-9%. Let's just storm the capital now! Install Ron Paul as his excellency and the world will be right again. All hail Paul.

Every american should be pleased at the opportunity of putting a president in office who has the moral backbone to see through his pledges.
This will be the first almost independent presidency for a very long time, even obama has stated the presidency is not as he imagined, he cannot do those things he would like to, not now, not ever, too controlled from the backroom, to corrupt, he is just there to make pretty and pass his time playing golf.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
reply to post by MsAphrodite

The word of the day to describe opponents of Ron Paul = SCARED!

I have heard it from more sources today as well as used the term myself. The opponents are scared.

Stealth strategy?

S&F OP

They're too dumb to be scared. They dont even take to understand how the convention even works. If they did, they would understand that it's a coin toss at this point. Basically, if Romney gets 1144 in the first round, he wins. If not, Paul will blow him out in an unbound vote. So, we just have to hope that Paul continues to steal delegates once committed to Romney (e.g. MN, ME).

Speaking of dumb voters... I really strive to be a rational person. If I were aware that the candidate I intended to vote for dropped out of the race 3 months ago (if being the operative word), why would I waste my vote.
Why Are We Still Seeing So Many Fupid People Voting for Santorum and Gingrich??
Apparently whoever is running the vote count randomizer forgot to factor that into the algorithm.

edit on 23-5-2012 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I agree about people voting for Santorum and Gingrich- wtf is wrong with people. We just had our primary yesterday (Arkansas) and I don't remember the exact numbers, but a whole freakin lot of people voted for Santorum and Gingrich- what is the point??

Also Ron Paul 2012!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick

Thats the spirit!!

oh... you were being sarcastic.

Well you would actually feel this way if you wiped the s**t from your eyes and actually look at the 3 men that are vieing for the highest position in the land. But then again I'm sure you have already done mounds of research on all the candidates and have found that Mitt is your man.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I don't understand how anyone could not support Ron Paul.. to be Anti-Paul is to be Anti-Liberty..
To the Mitt Romney supporters: Why do you support such a douche, and what do you like about him.
To the Obama supporters: Why do you support Obama for re-election? Didn't you get enough the first 4 years?

As for me, Ron Paul 2012...
I could go on to type an incredibly long post, explaining why i support Ron Paul, but if you just look at how he stands on the issues, you will see why.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I read that the RNC does not actually recognize bound delegates and that the delegates are allowed to vote for whomever they want, even if it is not the person who won the delegates.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
RON PAUL will NOT win Romney just has to win Texas and its OVER

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ron Paul is not going to win the Republican nomination.

TPTB are supporting Mitt Romney....he is the one they have chosen....he is the one that will win...they have made sure of it.

Seriously...this is the reality of the situation...like it or not.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

What amazes me, is the establishment standing behind Mitt Romney, who is clearly so close to Obama, its hard to make much of difference. Both favor big government.

On the other, reading and listening Ron Paul, his message is clearly close to Reagan's policies. He is as strong on the core issues as Reagan was during his 1st campaign.

So, why does the establishment want us to go towards opposite direction? What is so fantastic about big government?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join