It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney scared Ron Paul is winning!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
A lot of the Anti-Ron Paul people have no problem spending a great deal of time expressing their discontent for Ron Paul. Now if you could please take “A little” time to express how Obama-jad or Romney-Noodle will everything better for America and its people, it would be greatly appreciated.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Mitt should be scared, since he doesn't have a core of passionate followers, unlike Paul!

How is "Well, it's better than douche!" going to get you delegates?

It's true.
Mitt Romney's electoral base is the Americans that are too lazy and apathetic to know what they stand for, or why.
There are a LOT of those people though.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by MsAphrodite

There is only one way Ron Paul is 'winning' anything and that is by strong arming delegates against the decisions of their constituents. Yea, something really to be proud of, right? Romney won over 6 million votes thus far, Ron Paul has less than a third of that. In two of the States, Maine and Minnesota, where Ron Paul gained the delegates, the majority of the voters in those states did not choose to go with Paul.

There's nothing here to celebrate for Paul supporters in my eyes. Paul better do something about his nutty supporters, before they damage Romney's prospects. Ron paul has to decide whether he is willing to risk Rand Paul's future prospects for the nomination all for the sake of the delusions of his supporters.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

Bravo!!

Excellent post that is straight to the truth.

When he endorses Romney it will effectively weed out the bad apples from the Ron Paul cart as they won't follow him where he has always been going, paving the way for his son's future in the GOP.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

Well it's not a scheister or sneaky strategy, but rather how it works.

I am sure you wouldn't try to use some sheister or sneaky tactic like paying Ron Paul compliments before taking jabs at him in an attempt to hide the fact that you are biased against Ron Paul?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

There is only one way Ron Paul is 'winning' anything and that is by strong arming delegates against the decisions of their constituents. Yea, something really to be proud of, right? Romney won over 6 million votes thus far, Ron Paul has less than a third of that. In two of the States, Maine and Minnesota, where Ron Paul gained the delegates, the majority of the voters in those states did not choose to go with Paul.

There's nothing here to celebrate for Paul supporters in my eyes. Paul better do something about his nutty supporters, before they damage Romney's prospects. Ron paul has to decide whether he is willing to risk Rand Paul's future prospects for the nomination all for the sake of the delusions of his supporters.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

lol, strong arm.

Just member if Paul's delegate strategy does not work be sure to write his name in on your general election ballot.

All Paul supporters should.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Mitt should be scared, since he doesn't have a core of passionate followers, unlike Paul!

It's true.
Mitt Romney's electoral base is the Americans that are too lazy and apathetic to know what they stand for, or why.

So a small minority of self declared "better Americans" should lord over those they see as inferior?

Seig Heil Ron Paul Supporter, seig heil.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
whether ron paul wins or not romney will win. you think your vote counts? you think people get a choice? I call that naive. The election was decided before a single vote was made.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
A lot of the Anti-Ron Paul people have no problem spending a great deal of time expressing their discontent for Ron Paul. Now if you could please take “A little” time to express how Obama-jad or Romney-Noodle will everything better for America and its people, it would be greatly appreciated.

Obama will regulate Wall Street better so to start moving capital laterally instead of vertically as Paul and Romney want to facilitate.

Obama will increase domestic spending keeping more capital inside the U.S. instead of allowing it to be exported. Stop fools like Eduardo Saverin an opportunistic jerk who thinks America is a free ride. I would like to see Facebook's offices relocate to a place such as East Africa for instance and see how they fair there.

Obama will make sure given a Democrat congress, not a DINO congress mind you, that this functional environment, the United States of America, a unique place on the Earth to start and grow a business is not free to freeloading users like Eduardo Saverin. This place should be quite expensive as it has so much to offer businesses therefore the tax rates should be at least those Eisenhower era. Obama will make sure of that. Obama would make sure the tax rates match what its worth to do business here making sure the USG has the cash to pay its bills, and if any thieving cheap A company or corporation (proprietorship or major stack holder in a corporation, equity fund holder etc) want to flee the U.S. then they can't sell their products here nor can they physically enter the U.S. ever again, not proprietors, not major stockholders, not CEO's or equity fund managers who enable these fools. That's what Obama would work towards in a second term given a real Democrat congress to back him up. Obama is economically fair and balanced. Are YOU?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

So a small minority of self declared "better Americans" should lord over those they see as inferior?

Seig Heil Ron Paul Supporter, seig heil.

Don't we already have that?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Obama is doomed. It's called - S T A G N A T I O N -.

Ron Paul already quit. I saw it on the TV.

Apparently, Ron Paul ran out of money.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
More evidence that Ron Paul is winning. Mitt Romney is worried! He feels the need to remind us that he will be elected in Tampa...

Ron Paul 2012!!!

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.

You bet, Righhhhhhhhhht.

On Rachael Madcow.

Uah
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Tue May 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Your tv is lying to you

Ron Paul did not quit. He stopped campaigning for primary "popular vote"
to spend more on getting real delegates and focus on Florida

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

I got this by email so I can’t take credit for it.

After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School
simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.

• As a venture-capitalist, Romney's first major business deal involved investing in a start-up office supply company with one store in Massachusetts that sold office supplies. That company, called Staples, now has over 2,000 stores and employs over 90,000 people.

• Romney or his company Bain Capital (using what became known as the "Bain Way") would go on to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.

Romney shut down Bain Capital to look for a lost child.

Let's recap.

• Volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.

• Unpaid intern in Governor's office 8 years.

• Mormon missionary in Paris 2 years.

• Unpaid bishop and stake president for his church 10 years..
- No salary as president of the Olympics 3 years.

• No salary as MA governor 4 years.

• That's a grand total of 28 years of unpaid service to his country, his
community and his church.

Obama spent 10 years in Rev. Wright's Chuch damning America.

By the way, Robert's Rules of Order don't mean squat inside the voting booth.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I wonder if people realize that this 'sneaky' way of Paul stealing delegates is just the same thing as Romney supporters just not giving a crap. I mean they could be out in force too if people were really that concerned about Mitt winning. Face it, Romney just doesnt have the real life human support that cares about change and fixing this country. If he did, his supporters would be outnumbering Pauls, simply because they would care more......oh right, Romney only has money, TV, and polls showing he is winning, when Paul has the actual delegates in the right spots, the massive amount of people at his rallies, and people who really and truly care about how screwed up this country is. Yeah sometimes a small group who is involved DO have more insight then people not paying attention, I would rather have some one involved guide us, then people who just picked a lead man because they were too lazy to get out and do something themselves. I would surmise that THOSE are the crazy people, the ones only willing to pick and choose, but not actually life a finger to see things through....YAY gooooo MITT...........HAHAHAHAHAHA

Really though RP'12

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Thank you Founding Fathers for the electoral college system.

The electoral college system has nothing to do with how the Republican party chooses it's nominee. You should thank the Republican party and their rules.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCSuperman

Are you telling me that because Santorum and Gingrich got votes the delegates should still have to vote for them at the convention? This is stupid.

Why is that stupid? The delegates are to more or less represent the outcome of the poll in their state. If the people of a state supported Gingrich, why should the delegates represent any other will?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Obama is doomed. It's called - S T A G N A T I O N -.

Want to see something?......... quotes.ino.com... RED baby RED! do you know what RED means on such a chart?......... Travel baby travel. That means domestic spending will rise accordingly and jobs will improve at a faster rate over this summer to positively impact the economy just in time for the November elections as right before is when all the positive data will be published.

That translates into an Obama victory with or without Paul in the mix.

edit on 23-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat

Your tv is lying to you

Ron Paul did not quit. He stopped campaigning for primary "popular vote"
to spend more on getting real delegates and focus on Florida

Florida? Check Drudge right now. See shock poll.

Romney is way out front now. It's over.

Obama evolved to - pro gay - marriage and they went running away.

Obama rolled the dice and lost.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Taking what you said, but in reverse order; Its often said talent skips a generation. Rand Paul comes across in the MSM to be as bright and inspiring as a door stop. (Strike that, a doorstop does something, and may even have ascetic value) I was quite surprised in the Minnesota outcome. Indeed I was inspired to see 12 of the 13 delegates (cast in Minnesota) go to Dr. Paul.

But there are many interest groups, one-issue-wonders who if Dr P loose's an interest or person he loose's them, and only a few major or powerful, I see ZERO way at all the GOP nominates him. Use many types of social and actionable-relevant criteria mining, one see the huge hurdle he must deal with, and Dr. Paul can't win the GOP nomination.

And though I would have some issues with a President Paul (not many but there important), he would get my vote in a heartbeat over the Chameleon Romney. (But since I'm no longer a Republican, its a mute point, but tells people where I'm coming from)

To know where Romney is on any issue you always need to ask two vital questions; 1, which crowd, person, or interest is he addressing, and 2, what time is it. The guy is pathetically scary when I picture him as President. That guy can be so easily swayed, or perhaps just has zero scruples in his tap dancing on all sides of all issues just to placate any one issue at any moment. Ask yourself this question my fellow Americans.

Would you feel confident with Romney as Commander and Chief? People all, are you kidding me? The guy swings all over the place on everything so much he induces severe vertigo. And thats the BEST I get from Romney; dizzy with a strong need to throw-up. At least that's a PHYSICAL symptom and not fear for the many "what if's"? His economic "ideas" are "not Obamas". Oh, thats helpful and informative as to Mitts ideas. Unless its de-boweling companies, firing people and a few getting rich as a result of the carnage.

But Dr. Paul has been steadfast and consistent in his CORE BELIEFS. When he opens his mouth on ANY subject, wether I agree with him on any one subject I believe he's first being honest with us. WOW, a guy running for office actually telling the truth? (first of all to be honest with us one must be true to their own nature. I don't think Romney knows how. I'M SERIOUS! That seriously creeps me out)

I certainly believe as we get older, more life experience and hopefully more facts on any issues, we can change our position on this or that. My position on many issues over time has been modified, but rarely given a 180. And thats almost always due to getting more and accurate information. But ones fundamental values and ethics usually stay pretty constant after a young age.

Any out there know a damn thing what Romney's core ethics, action-principles (what rules does he use in assessing any situation, and not just what he wants for dinner on any given night). I think Mitt's were well exposed when he was the "guy with the scissors" when he humiliated that student by cutting his hair as a teenager in school.

All bullies have one thing in common. In order to be validated, "made worthy" in there own eyes or others, they must take part or initiate "demonstrations" of power over weaker or just the target person of the moment. They are all cowards. Now you see why him ever being Commander in Chief gives me chills? I won't rant on about my "issues" with the Mitt Romney now but with Dr. Paul, a few issues aside I certainly believe his integrity AND major league honesty are outstanding. Can anyone say that about Mitt?

People have incredible loyalty to the man's persona, which I think, for what its worth is the seriously and real deal. I am convinced THE PEOPLE are connived. Because I sure the hell believe Dr. Paul inspires people because its visceral something we intuitively smell Very Serious...

Want such passion in others assuming ones running for office? Forget that it applies far beyond that? Know thyself and stop screwing anyone for any advantage. That means you don't care about whats the most important: Demonstrations of integrity, use-it or loose it guys.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

It's true.

There's some welcomed truth for ya.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join