It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel this way too?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
These feelings of detachment from a "Crazy World" are far too often few
Contemplation is mostly a luxury these days.
Sometimes you just need to be alone and rest
In a walled garden of your mind, behind the strong door of your soul
No goals, no agenda, no seeking, just you and your thoughts and feelings.
There is nothing you need to prove
Cherish such moments when the world is not interfering placing demands on you.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JRedBeard

That was great...lol...."I'll know it it, when I know it"....meanwhile it feels like some bizzare "twilight zone" episode lately. Manically "chasing my tail" feeling this deep sence that I'm not doing what I am supposed to be doing?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Right?
But if you knew the right thing to do would you do it?
Don't you already know?
Isn't it like, 'I should have THIS kind of love life, I should have THAT job, and I should pack up and move over THERE.'
Can't you do all those things tomorrow?

Or are you like me and still feel like ________ has to happen before that stuff can be realized.
Like you'd never have made the right decision or fooled yourself somehow....

That's why like I said all I can do is hold on to a sliver of it and hope for the best, hold on tight, and know that at SOME point (seemingly soon) I'll know

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyoshablue
reply to post by Skada

I kinda feel close to your explanation. I don't know if it is a Dolores Cannon situation (the 3 waves of ETs incarnating into the present day to provide assistance), but I really don't think it matters. Some days, I literally think that this is hell or what did I do to come here? Of course, the mind then contemplates and considers all the possibilities. I have purposely decided not to pretend to know what is going on at this time, what the reason is. All I can echo is what others have stated in this thread that this to shall pass.

While I am not depressed, as others have also stated, there is definitely a lull in my inner-space and I try to remain calm and look for opportunities of personal insight and growth. I too am not sweating the small stuff anymore and am moving into uncharted waters.

Sorry for not keeping up with the thread. Life happens when you are busy. I have watched some of her vids, and honestly, felt like that before I watched them. So, perhaps, I am one of these waves.

Well, this planet isn't hell, but it would seem that a few of the people at the top want it to be that way. They are in the minority.

I think of this planet as a school ground to experience physical reality. At times, it sucks, to be sure, but then there are things that take my breath away. The simple waterfall, the rainbow that it produces. The intricate petals of a passion flower, the smell of roses or honey. The simple things are what we should be going for, taking in, not the TV. TPTB sure love to distract us from things that really don't matter.

Try asking yourself (any of you) yes and no questions at first and see if you get an instant answer. Once you know your own voice, then you can try more complex questions, and see if you get more complex answers.

Beyond that: Live/love long and prosper.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vancouverite

I was just like that in the past, a small period of my life. I had no feelings, I couldn't be really happy, at the same time I couldn't be sad, I just felt empty. I didn't really care about things in this world, I just felt like I wasn't there or here.

I can't remember what happened, but now I feel great, my life is full of emotions and I am learning a lot about spiritual stuff, and I just started reading book "Flower of Life (Vol. 1)" by Drunvalo Melchizedek
Perhaps this book will provide you with some answers, but you really have to have an open mind. I think that it's also something that I became after that period.

|.SLO7H.|

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Skada

Skada you've inspired me to make one last note on this topic thanks to your words of wisdom and genuine advice.

Obviously many of these feelings can be conquered with the tools that spiritual and philosophical leaders have hard-earned and shared with us. Those tools remain incredibly valid, useful and have always held the true key to happiness and love.

Now what I find noteworthy is that a VERY LARGE percentage of people seem to be asking the questions that lead great gurus and thinkers down their path of enlightenment.
And while the individual story remains important, I feel like the world has maybe never seen such a large and genuine outcry for this knowledge and experience, and that
perhaps as a result we may have an extremely unique and profound experience...

Let me add that I really don't think that means we'll receive the blessing of some woo-woo alien race on 12/21/12 or anything... but maybe?
I'm not ruling anything out...
The results of our outpouring of emotion and thirst for truth cannot possibly be predicted or ignored...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I want this to be available to any who need it, and you sound like you might : www.lawofone.info...

Good luck in your waking

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by vancouverite

You try and make everyone you come into contact with feel happy and so you act like how they act conforming to their personality. You care not what people think of you it does not even matter

It's creepy how accurate this statement is for me. The rest? Sure I can fit myself into it but that^^...talk about nail on the head...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The feelings of anxiety and lack of sleep described by many of the respondents and the OP is what I went through until recently. Around November of 2011 I started to feel like there was something significant about to occur in our world. It was just a feeling based on no outside source, just a sort of inner "hunch".

Starting around the beginning of Janurary (2012) things started to happen to me internally. I started having dreams which had elements that would come to be during waking hours, a goofy sort of precognitive thing. These dreams always centered around my family, especially my wife, who I've been with since 1984.
I also started to "just happen to stumble across" blogs, websites posts and videos that gave me the right message and instruction at the right moment.
>(The universal law of attraction thing)<

Now I find myself on the other side of anxiety and negativity. I truely feel that we are all going to see positve changes.
I personally feel that each of us has a part in making it happen.
Our part? Keep searching, stay positive, be as socially active, outwardly positive, unconditionally respectful and loving to other people as possible, Stay honest, do right by others and spend more time contemplating and seeking the enlightenment we all crave and know we are destined to achieve!

If I'm wrong and the rest of the world goes to hell around us at least we'll go to the next phase of our journey knowing we did all we could

edit on 22-5-2012 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

You try and make everyone you come into contact with feel happy and so you act like how they act conforming to their personality. You care not what people think of you it does not even matter

It's creepy how accurate this statement is for me. The rest? Sure I can fit myself into it but that^^...talk about nail on the head...

Actually the OPs statement contradicts itself. If you truely " care not what people think of you" and felt "it does not even matter". Why would you take time and effort to "try and make everyone you come into contact with feel happy"?
What the OP is describing is know in psycological terms as having a "people pleasing personality". It is common among peple who suffer from low self esteem, anxiety and or ADHD traits but also still have enough compassion to care about the people around them.
This type of behavior also helps the "people pleaser" feel good about themself, if only temporarly, seeing the positve feedback from the the people or person he is 'pleasing".
I know, because I have this tendancy. I'll feel good if you agree with me but feel bad if you dont

edit on 22-5-2012 by grubblesnert because: spellin,

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

All of you (mostly) could've taken those responses out of my mind. I try meditation, and sit for 15-20 I clear my mind and my ears kind of "shut off"'so to speak, but that's my plateau. I really don't enjoy spending time with anyone apart from myself and my dad. This world isn't right, it keeps me up at night, as does it for all of you seemingly. I grow apart from my mom and brother because they are drones and refuse to listen Or keep an open mind. I just wish I could be beamed away or truly awake so to speak, and just leave for an amazing adventure. I don't fear death anymore, but will Not take my own life, I embrace what comes after, and in doing so I've actually conquerd fears and experienced that which I was afraid of, bungee jumping, skydiving, anything with the potential of death doesn't make my eyes wander, but rather I find them inticing, to push my limits. Thoughts?

So that doesn't sound like depression, or even a mental disorder. Is it like that feeling that something is going to happen? The calm before the storm?
Be VERY careful with sleep. I used to do fill in 3rd shift and thought I could handle 2 hrs a night. Eventually it broke me and I was manic. In that state you really do hear things. Always try to get enough sleep.

Do any of you think it's possible that's were all kinda like half awake,enough to realize we arent fully awake ,but enough to see that everyone else seems to be in a deep long slumber, in a twilight so to speak?

Yes - they seem odd. I've been trying to open and clear my chakras. I wouldn't say that I've opened my 3rd eye. Been trying to but haven't gotten there yet. But I definitely feel more emotions and am sensitive to positive and negative energy. Some people drain my energy like a vampire sucks the life out of u. And I do think there are entities that are negative that can drain you too.
The nature thing seems to calm me more. It never did before but now it's different and I don't know why.
You can't wake them. They are content in their slumber.
So I think there are people that feel the same so at least you know u aren't alone.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
No, I'm not referring to the deluded conspiratorial version of the "real world"

I'm talking about the actual, less sinister real world. You know, the world that you guys fret over, creating sinister plots that make it seem like the world is a huge terrible place.

I wasn't referring to the "deluded conspiratorial version of the 'real world,'" rather I was referring to your mediocre advice.

If you really believe that, you need to get out more. Talk to some real people. Ones who don't frequent conspiracy sites and fill their minds with a bunch of bs. What you focus your attention on manifests itself in your life. If you focus on conspiracies and sinister plots, that will be all you think about. That will be your world.

This sounds like it's coming from experience. I can guess that some time recently you've discovered that you spend to much time indoors on conspiracy sites, that you never talk to real people, that you've been constantly filling your head with bs and the things you focus on manifests itself in your life. This is your world; and now that you've escaped the shackles of a this website and your own delusion, you're back to emancipate the rest of us. Yet, here you are, still spending too much time indoors on conspiracy sites and not talking to real people.

But hey, it's just my opinion. Don't let little ol me get to ya.
Uh oh, I might be a government shill. Look out!
edit on 5-21-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

Who gets mad on the internet? Its words on a screen. Some people, it seems, needs to realize this.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hint. The only way to renew the mind is by reclaiming your spirit and nurturing your soul first.

Don't get me wrong, this is not an easy task for everyone. There are different ways for doing this and not all of them will "resonate" with you. Don't give up. Keep searching until you find the one that does. When you do, you'll know it beyond all doubt. I can't emphasize the NO DOUBT part enough. This is key.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
"Awakening" is not for the "fant of heart"......on good days it opens up the pathways to endless possibilities and realities....vast knowledge at our finger tips...a "quest" for "truth"......yes, on good days.....things start to make sence...even if the "truths" you may find are hard to swallow, at least your "empowered" to respond from a place of some sort of "understanding".....and with the grace of what I have come to call "God", we have more "good" days then "bad" days....lol...cause the bad days are brutal........

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I feel like this most days, noticed it about a year ago.

Looking forward to events which are soon to transpire.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Never try to overcome what you are feeling. The normal response is to get away from or not want certain feelings. It's just a feeling, it cannot harm you. Instead of not wanting the feeling or state, be interested in what the feeling feels like, look at it, be with it, don't run from it, embrace it, go deep into it.
When there is resistence, a not wanting of a feeling, it sets up a fight or flight response.
Embrace the feelings as they pass, watch them come and watch them go. There is no need to run from or fight a feeling, just feel it.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
For me it's a feeling that I should be doing something, anything. I just do not know what that is.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

No. What you are feeling is an apathetic reaction to what is going on. It isn't a "new" thing, it's a cyclic thing, do something about it or suck it up buttercup.

Get a hobby, do some sport, help an old lady across the street... etc.

Still shocked how many people post on this site looking for attention/compassion/empathy regarding stuff which is totally "normal".

I blame the internet and emo kids personally... what do you blame OP?

Edit - This kind of stuff really belongs on 4Chan... they love this kind of stuff there, seriously.

T
edit on 22-5-2012 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
An interesting side note. I recently started dating a girl I work with. Late one night I asked her why no one else at work seems like us? There are many people but they all seem fake. They talk the same, act the same, and no one seems to question anything. It may be that we have a different frame of mind than others, just seems strange.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join