It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel this way too?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+63 more 
posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ive been feeling empty lately, I did some digging and it brought me to yahoo, this man was talking about exactly how I've been feeling, then this random person posts everything I've been feeling in a nutshell. It's grown more intense these past couple days. Am I losing it, or do you guys feel the same?This is what the mystery poster said:

Many people with your problem, you have found a new paradigm, you are one of the few that has found something wrong with life. You seek the reason for living. To understand how other people act out their emotions. Naturally you are void of emotion calm, you know that there is something weird with the world. You try and make everyone you come into contact with feel happy and so you act like how they act conforming to their personality. You care not what people think of you it does not even matter, you do not even care about this world you do not wish to commit suicide but to get meaning from this world find answers. You have awakened, become aware. You find no joy in normal everyday life. Your consciousness has greatly increased. You wonder how they can just act the way they act (they are still asleep). Sometimes you are standing there and you look around at everything feeling dense and unusual like you shouldnt be here. You feel like you are in dream from which you must wake. And when you dream, you feel great, like you belong there, like as if you were resonating at a higher frequency, you wonder if you truly do belong in realms you go to when you sleep. Lately you have been feeling unusually tired, like being drained of energy. Nothing is at it seems brother and you will find out soon enough.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I suppose you can liken my feelings to something like that. Honestly, I just have a feeling of this not being real. It's a feeling of, "This is only real because you perceive it as such." It's strange but uplifting at the same time.

+3 more 
posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yeah, I feel like this almost every day. Some call it enlightenment, others call it craziness. (Crazy can be fixed)

The "other symptoms" are: not feeling like you belong here, you want to go "Home" but you don't know where it is (but it isn't on this planet), the way people do things is crazy or "not normal" to you. There are more, but I think it is the new normal. We are just becoming more then just our human form. Enjoy the ride, it will be bumpy.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by vancouverite

Thanks for posting this description, I am feeling all of those things for quite a while now. Time seems somehow irrelevant. I'm not suicidal don't get me wrong but if I didn't wake up in the morning that would be fine.

I can only liken my feelings to standing at the train station amongst a huge crowd and realising that the last train going your way has just departed, and you aren't on it.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I´m at a loss of words..Exactly how i feel.Today i just brokeup with my wife and t im about to leave my house.tomorrow.I don´t know what´s happenning to me.if it´s reallly something going on or i´m getting crazy from reading all this stuff,,,

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Emptiness is the natural 'state'. When you say "empty", I assume you mean sad, depressed, despair, anxious, and so on. This is because pleasure is gone, or seen as unsatisfactory, and thus the only things left within this void are these negative feelings. You are at an important stage, that is for sure. If you try to pile on happy and pleasant feelings on top of these negative feelings now, you will have regressed back into the 'game' of trying to fill and sustain these pleasant feelings. That is what addiction is, it is feeling a sense of despair and continuously trying to subdue that feeling with pleasant feelings.

You must see these negative feelings as transitory too, just as pleasant feelings are. They belong to no one. There is no one who feels empty or sad or depressed. These feelings have just arisen within consciousness and now they must be allowed to fall away. You can begin practicing Vipassanna meditation if you are up to it. It will help you see how emptiness is really the natural state of being. This emptiness is not a void of nonexistence, but a stillness with no qualities attached. Dwelling here allows for a deep sense of tranquility and contentment.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I also feel a bit tired, ALL THE TIME, I can confirm anyone over 15 feels this way too..

BTW, I have ADHD as well.
edit on 21-5-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
A lot of us here could prob say we feel the same way.

I am not as extreme as the mystery writers reply. I feel a lesser version of that. I could clearly attribute that to my beautiful daughter and my soon to be son. That will fill any void. Otherwise I could describ that as I how I felt prior to my kid/s.

I drive the ol lady kook because my views echos the previous post and replies. Just waiting to get off this horrible ride and realize what we've been missing.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Interesting stuff you got there. Ive also been feeling restless and like someone mentiond, If i were not to wake up in the morning Id be just fine. I feel like I need to explore my dream world more and more and part of the reason is that in my dreams I never have to worry about anything. I dont have relationship troubles, financial, etc. Of course, I wouldnt kill myself but lately, Ive been digging deeper and deeper into things to see if I can find a meaning.

The only thing that gets me through my worries sometimes, is just thinking that nothing is forever and that eventually all this negativity ends. I really try to hold on to those moments were im truly happy and everything seems to be working out. I also dont make a big deal out of little things especially when it comes to relationships. If it works, it works, if it doesnt , it doesnt.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

With so many doomsday scenarios floating about, and with all the earthquakes and awakened volcanoes, the shifting poles, the weakening of earth's magnetic field, birds dropping dead right out of the air, fish floating dead in the water... For all of these things to be occurring within such a short time span has me suffering from a sort of quiet anxiety.

The very real possibility of a natural catastrophe leaves me feeling really small and insignificant. I say 'natural' because I'm not even counting radioactive fallout from Japan's nuclear plant.

I'm just waiting for the earth's crust to crack wide open and have everything tip over and into the molten core.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Not to mention that in the last 2 months or so i can´t get no sleep,i stay awake 2 straight nights in a rom then sleep for 4 or five hours then 2 nights in a row without sleeping again..Always this...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by vancouverite
Ive been feeling empty lately, I did some digging and it brought me to yahoo, this man was talking about exactly how I've been feeling, then this random person posts everything I've been feeling in a nutshell. It's grown more intense these past couple days. Am I losing it, or do you guys feel the same?This is what the mystery poster said:

Many people with your problem, you have found a new paradigm, you are one of the few that has found something wrong with life. You seek the reason for living. To understand how other people act out their emotions. Naturally you are void of emotion calm, you know that there is something weird with the world. You try and make everyone you come into contact with feel happy and so you act like how they act conforming to their personality. You care not what people think of you it does not even matter, you do not even care about this world you do not wish to commit suicide but to get meaning from this world find answers. You have awakened, become aware. You find no joy in normal everyday life. Your consciousness has greatly increased. You wonder how they can just act the way they act (they are still asleep). Sometimes you are standing there and you look around at everything feeling dense and unusual like you shouldnt be here. You feel like you are in dream from which you must wake. And when you dream, you feel great, like you belong there, like as if you were resonating at a higher frequency, you wonder if you truly do belong in realms you go to when you sleep. Lately you have been feeling unusually tired, like being drained of energy. Nothing is at it seems brother and you will find out soon enough.

Hi,

Yes I've felt like that before; and it actually ended up being an important part in the development of my own wisdom. I eventually surpassed depression.

I would describe it as nausea, an almost depressing realization that mankind as a whole is destructive, untrustworthy and dishonest with itself—and I am guilty by association. I blamed myself because I was a part of it, even though I've never hurt another being unnecessarily. It wasn't until I conquered my soul, realized my own passions and mastered my instincts and emotions when I realized that every single individual has this potential. I fell in love with myself, nature and thus mankind again, but this time on an individual and personal level. I removed myself from the herd and sheep-like nature of the hive and discovered my inner lone wolf. Now I can take an existentialist stance and easily remove myself from the guilt of being Man.

Once you discover the absurdity of life, you can start to have fun with it. A good technique for remaining happy in times of negativity is the use of mockery and humor. Whatever you see wrong with mankind and the world, mock it, shame it and make it feel horrible for being the way it is. Also, repudiate every dogma or authoritarian stance on anything, even your own. Be completely honest with yourself, question your faiths, all faiths. Explore the negative side of things, there's less disappointment and more truth there, then laugh at it mockingly. Turn ideas on their head, just to see what it looks like underneath, then laugh. Experiment—never stop experimenting—with ideas and avenues of contemplation, laughing at absurdities along the way. If everyone goes one way, head the other way in spite. Create as much as you can. Destroy very little. Become like Socrates, question everything and enjoy a life of inquiry. Be artful and creative with your identity, you can form it into whatever you wish. Your life should be a work of art, no matter how arbitrary it is.

Learn to love yourself, and in turn love other selves.

This is what I did to pull myself out of depression.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVoid

Well, I would argue that such things are going on with a great many people. As bad as it may hurt, some relationships are being drawn to a close simply because they are no longer equally beneficial to the parties involved. We are at the stage where relationships either begin to work asa cohesive unit, or they will not last.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVoid
Not to mention that in the last 2 months or so i can´t get no sleep,i stay awake 2 straight nights in a rom then sleep for 4 or five hours then 2 nights in a row without sleeping again..Always this...

Thats been happening to me too

Especially last night. I was up all night till I finally slept at 3am. I just couldnt. What is happening ??

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVoid

I suffer from the same thing. It got real frequent in 2009. They wound up diagnosing me with bi-polar disorder. However, I think there is something more to it than that.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

Some call it enlightenment? This is not eightenment. Enlightenment is freedom from suffering.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I've been feeling the same as well. This Music video made my day however. Almost as if it was some sort of validation. youtu.be... (sorry don't know how to embed and too lazy to look it up)

Hopefully, with time, this feeling or thing will flesh itself out.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I'd agree and disagree at the same time. That probably doesn't make sense.

What skada was speaking of was a greater awareness of something that is hard to describe unless you have experienced it. It is indeed a form of enlightenment. I will agree that COMPLETE enlightenment is freedom from suffering, though.
edit on 21-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

I kinda feel close to your explanation. I don't know if it is a Dolores Cannon situation (the 3 waves of ETs incarnating into the present day to provide assistance), but I really don't think it matters. Some days, I literally think that this is hell or what did I do to come here? Of course, the mind then contemplates and considers all the possibilities. I have purposely decided not to pretend to know what is going on at this time, what the reason is. All I can echo is what others have stated in this thread that this to shall pass.

While I am not depressed, as others have also stated, there is definitely a lull in my inner-space and I try to remain calm and look for opportunities of personal insight and growth. I too am not sweating the small stuff anymore and am moving into uncharted waters.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
yup count me in... i'v been feeling this same way for a few weeks now but mostly has been hitting me hard for the past 3 days...

i been questioning life a lot...

kinda hate it an wish there were something more from it then being a slave on this planet

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join