It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel this way too?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by vancouverite

You should read "Catcher in the Rye"

The main character experiences the same type of malaise and general lack of connection with the world. His condition leads him to be admitted to a mental hospital when he loses his mind....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I feel this way too.
Helping others and compassion may fill your emptyness.
Have patience and try to be better, always.
If you feel that everything is too weird, then change it. Be the change.
Feeling you don't belong here is trying to escape and don't have the courage to face it. You are part of all of this. You are supposed to be. Embrace it, live it, love it and make the best of you.
Illusion or not, it's still part of some truth.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

You should read "Catcher in the Rye"

The main character experiences the same type of malaise and general lack of connection with the world. His condition leads him to be admitted to a mental hospital when he loses his mind....

Yes love that book.
can't say I haven't lost mine.... then I got it back.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
you have not awakened yet. but you are on your way. this is the spirit of man taking over control of the flesh. depending on your materialistic/ego-istic bonds it could take a while. months, years even before u become fully awake. but when you are awake.. you will know what it means and there will be no room for doubt whether or not u are.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Feel kind of the same here, I think they turned the power up another notch on haarp

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
yes this is exactly how i feel. i suppose that it is part of the waking up process?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
For the past 2 years I have been feeling down. Petty things doesn't interests me anymore as the everyday chaos is only draining my energy away. People all over the world have been feeling it. I wish I could just dump everything and hit the road and keep travelling and live the life that I want to. Its getting intense with every passing day and many of us don't fit in here. Its amazing how far one could change from being conditioned souls.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
i often get that feeling when im driving in a bus; i fix my look through bus window, and i ask my self who and what am i, with all these unknown "people" around me; what am i doing here what is my purpose?.. but that moment quickly vanishes, and i get back to "reality"
or when i look at my hand or fingers and i wonder what controls their movement, i get feeling like they are not part of me ..
the moment when i have started to ask those questions to myself and thinking in that way was long time before, when i was standing in front of mirror in bathroom, looking at my face, suddenly realising that i dont know who am i , i looked like stragner to myself.. i looked in my eye from close distance and noticed all those thiny muscles, and i got realise i am just flesh and muscles controled by my "mind"

sry for bad english

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Damn, that hit too close to the mark. I've been feeling pretty close to the letter on what you've discribed for the last . . . couple years. It feels like somethings . . off and get frustrated sometimes that nobody else seems to notice it too. Feels better to know I'm not the only one.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I've felt different my entire life and liked it. It's what makes "me" me. That's been fine until now because:
1. The people at the top have become so greedy, middle class people can no longer achieve The American Dream.
2. Lower class people are permanently sentenced to misery due to slave mentality programming
3. I have come to understand that wealth/prosperity is not a net sum game.

So now that I see what's happening, I have a moral obligation to enlighten others. Whether I feel
Happy or depressed is directly dependent on my perception of if I can have an effect or not.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
More and more people are starting to feel like this. The important thing is to not let yourself think you're going insane .Metaphorically, I like to think that we are going through some kind of metamorphosis like caterpillars do. In the cocoon we are feeling alone, empty, disconnected, not knowing that we are about to go through an amazing transformation.

Good luck to all of you

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I felt that way at one time.
I was told I was having an "existential crisis"
I spent the next 20 years figuring out what meaning life has for me.
I hope you can find yours as well because it can get better, much better.
Life becomes too comfortable, too routine so we must put ourselves in positions outside our comfort zone and break the monotony.
Nature is the cure for boredom of all kinds.
When it's a life and death struggle there's no room for contemplation.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Dear OP,

Why you are feeling this way is because you are finally awakening to truths and realities of our world.

Truth is often painful to humans. For example, when your girlfriend tells you that she no longers love you, but loves another, and wanna break up, you will have difficulty accepting it, for you had build your world around her. Your world shatters and leave you empty. That...is truth.

Many prefer to live in delusions and lies, and will even KILL others if they dare share the truth, for it shatters their world, their hopes and their dreams.

Unfortunately...sooner or later truths will arrive right on our doorsteps, regardless if we like it or not, just as the sun rises each morning, a reality. No human can live in dreams. They are unsustainable to realities we all have to live. To continue on delusions,dreams and lies is to doom ourselves and our loved ones.

More and more around the world are finally awakening to truth and realities. Some do not like it, but nevertheless a reality we must courageously confront and face, to determine the next step with eyes wide open, and never to be fooled by others again.

Your emptiness is because you know not what is the next step upon awakening. No one ALONE knows. I don't know too.

But what I do know is that more heads are better than one, which means we all must share truths and realities, discuss with our families, relatives and friends, yours and mine that makes up our world, and together, find solutions to ride on truths that will help us, or correct mistakes into a better reality for all leaving none behind. Every human life is precious and means something special to another.

Good luck! :-)

edit on 22-5-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVoid
I´m at a loss of words..Exactly how i feel.Today i just brokeup with my wife and t im about to leave my house.tomorrow.I don´t know what´s happenning to me.if it´s reallly something going on or i´m getting crazy from reading all this stuff,,,

This made me shiver... My wife and me are going trough very harsh times both in our relationship and financially (seems tied together though).

We made the descision to break up but we can't yet because of said financial problems (debts need to be taken care of and divorce lawyers aren't cheap either), making the atmosphere in our house awkward to say the least.

I feel more empty with every day that passes, get rejected at pretty much every job app i do..

I totally lost the sense of having any meaning or goal to live for...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by paradox
It's called reading too much "alternative media."
This isn't "enlightenment" or whatever you guys are trying to call it to make yourselves feel better, or superior, etc. It's delusional.

Do something with your life. There's a real world out there.
edit on 5-21-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

In other words, heads down and back to work. You have a society to run—the "real world." I suppose the definition of delusion differs between everyone. If anyone tells you you are superior, you probably are.

No, I'm not referring to the deluded conspiratorial version of the "real world"

I'm talking about the actual, less sinister real world. You know, the world that you guys fret over, creating sinister plots that make it seem like the world is a huge terrible place.

If you really believe that, you need to get out more. Talk to some real people. Ones who don't frequent conspiracy sites and fill their minds with a bunch of bs. What you focus your attention on manifests itself in your life. If you focus on conspiracies and sinister plots, that will be all you think about. That will be your world.

But hey, it's just my opinion. Don't let little ol me get to ya.

Uh oh, I might be a government shill. Look out!
edit on 5-21-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

I know what you mean. It's very easy to get sucked into the world of shadow governments, sinister plots, police brutality and government lies. A few years ago, I was just as depressed -- and realized I had to step back and look at my own life... which is actually pretty darn good. He's right, folks, go out there and talk to *real* people; enjoy the sunshine and good company; walk the dog; take a hike in the forest; go swimming in a lake.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skada
Yeah, I feel like this almost every day. Some call it enlightenment, others call it craziness. (Crazy can be fixed)

The "other symptoms" are: not feeling like you belong here, you want to go "Home" but you don't know where it is (but it isn't on this planet), the way people do things is crazy or "not normal" to you. There are more, but I think it is the new normal. We are just becoming more then just our human form. Enjoy the ride, it will be bumpy.

this is not enlightenment...enlightenment is the recognition that you as a subject never existed IN this world you perceive

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick

Is it like that feeling that something is going to happen? The calm before the storm?

Exactly

I can say I share much of what the OP stated, over the last couple of weeks building but increasing significantly over the last 3 days. Tired, but not a physical exertion type of tired. Accompanied by a growing "nervous energy" that makes me want to keep taping my foot or moving something.

I really have no reason to expect something significant to happen but for whatever reason I do. Were I to describe how I feel, "the calm before the storm" sums it up nicely.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
in emptiness there is a peace, chaos, the gateway between worlds, and the echoes of love ring within the soundproof cage of logic and empathy, chained to the walls, starving and forgotten. emptiness is the comfort of a epic giant fanged spider whose fangs make you numb, a layer of maggots guiding the heart into incarnation unto undeath. woe to the ignorant the opiate addicted soylent green for the children of the earth both mighty and meek uniting against all odds to be the rebellion. for what lies ahead of us? ritual dissection? recreational vivisection? ripped apart by hooks until oblivion springs forth through vomitous bloodclots? i would rather be insane, be myself, be free, and even though my emotions have run dry like a river bed wherein a pile of skulls lie. we are living dead, the angry carrion living through decades of warmth as sunburn scorpions

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Perhaps a lot of people equate being happy with some sort of activity, and maybe that activity is drugs or consumption or physical activity ? And with seemingly nothing to do and either bored or broke, have entered a state of neutrality. Neutral in that they have no extra spending cash or are wary of spending anything in these uncertain times, which leads to boredom. Boredom is usually fought with sleep or altered states usually from drugs or alcohol. The typical drugs are usually euphoric in nature, or suppressive, or again used to induce sleep. We are all aging as well and people around us are dieing, so that alone encourages a feeling of sadness and creates issues of self worth which may lends them selves towards depression or negativity. There are a host of symptoms that are related, and initiate cause and effect. Me....? I just feel like I always do, while the world around me rises or falls, I find the place I occupy a place of contentment. Indulging yourself in negative feelings or nonproductive plateau's in your life can lead you into a chronic states with little expectation for improvement. ATS alone is a vast repository of malcontents and doom and gloomers, but thankfully there seem to be as many level headed individuals at work, posting topics designed to inform, enlighten or generally be upbeat. It averages out overall with the majority going to those upbeat. As for something new on the horizon....? I believe other than skirmishes in countries, or celebrity passings or news events, the world will move through 2012 as always moves through time..... just another rotation, while the life on it moves from place to place and the usual practices are maintained. As for enlightenment...... there is really no enlightenment going to happen I don't believe. Enlightenment is a mindset, and it tends to be made up of trends which come and go according to need or necessity. Get out and do something, the internet if occupies too much of your time, can also be unhealthy and will definitely corrode your mind. Physical activity is necessary to achieve optimal contentment and health, both physical and mental. Time rolls on, how you spend it is entirely up to you.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I've seen many people here on ATS claiming to be awake and/or enlightened but I don't think they are.

There are moments during meditation that I have experienced what I would describe as a universal consciousness. It feels like being connected and aware to every atom in the universe; awareness that all things are connected and essentially one. In these moments of clarity the feeling is exactly opposite of what is described in the OP. You become aware that all life is sacred and contains a spark of divinity. You become aware that even planets, solar systems, and galaxies are alive and conscious. The experience can leave an indelible impression upon your soul and you become aware of your higher self.
It’s quite possible that the feelings you are having are related to the process of awakening. Just like joy and happiness cannot be fully appreciated unless you have experienced pain and suffering; it may be that “we” must experience the disconnected malaise in order to be fully prepared for awakening….

edit on 22-5-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join