It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel this way too?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vancouverite

In reality...how a person feels is Biochemical. If your body is out of balance then you may be producing various types of Hormones or not producing enough endorphines.

The best way to keep yourself in a good mental state is a combination of excersize and keeping you mind busy.
Believe me I know. After working out your body...there is a massive flow of Endorphines released which will put you in a euphoric mood of which you will have no intentions of feeling unfulfilled.

You must also work out you mind as a person of intelligence performing menial tasks is a problem. Balance is the key as well as energy avalability. This energy will be there for you if you work your body.

I Run as well as swim and Dive...I also tend a Garden and look to expand my mind. Now I am probably older than you and have been working out a long time...but a person needs new experiences if they wish to progress mentaly. If you start out slow you will want to do more as you will feel better. When I was a young kid I was Chubby and having a Military Father...this did not last long. After a while...I wanted to work out because of how good I felt...you will too.

You serotonin levels will balance out and you will have a complete change of attitude. Your sex drive will increase by a level of 20 and you will have a new lease on life. Split Infinity

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Yes I can relate to that.

I have been feeling alot of that for the past 4-5 months. It started off slow and vague but it's been getting worse as time goes on and I say worse for a reason.It is affecting my life in a negative way. I can also relate to the tiredness both mentally and physically, I can sleep for upto 16 hours sometimes and wake up still feeling drained and no motivation.

I look around at the world and I feel tired because the world and our species seems to be doomed in one way or another. Not because of doomsday scenario's or the whole 2012 thing either.

I look out the window now at cars driving past and people doing there everyday thing and I think why? What's the point? People will keep complaining about the same things and same problems and 90% of the time nothing ever changes. It feels like there is so much more out there that we can't see (if that makes sense)..

I could go on and on about how I feel and how I relate to many of the things in your OP as I understand exactly what you are saying but at the same time it feels like a private thing ya know.

Although I will say that of late I have noticed a hightened Empathy and emotional states.

edit on 21-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day.
I feel like I'm constantly playing catch-up.
I think five steps ahead and end up two behind.
I sleep in two hour intervals.
But I'm a single mom, so it's understandable.

Since I was a teenager I've been overwhelmed by a sense of "What's the point?". When I had my son it faded, I accept there is no point other than to protect him.

Find something that makes you happy to focus on when you are feeling hopeless...it helps.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I like to play the dvd of Ocean's 13. It helps overcome these feelings of emptiness. Just put the menu on and listen to the theme music, over and over. Then, select a random scene. Note how these guys eschew wordiness. They are so butt close that they don't even have to speak sentences. Something to shoot for.

Once you take the fluff out of your life, there can be a void. I think of poor Jesus, the right hand of God, being offered the whole WORLD (WHEEE). That would be better than being one of the royals. You don't just get power over an entire country of serfs, to drive the vintage cars all over the country, with your sole responsibility being to not turn the country against you (it happens sometimes; they almost lost the whole shooting match) through some gaff of haughtiness. You get it all. The World. And there's no 'bankrupt' slot on the wheel. And he turned it down. But I don't think that's so hard to do, if you know God's power. I'm sure I heard this somewhere....only if you are empty can you become full. You have to trade off the fluff for the real treasure.

I know what you're saying OP. Sometimes you have to work the mind a bit to get perspective. It helps if you are somewhat austere in your fulfillments, you know, simple pleasures really are the best. If you find something good, it 's hard to trade for empty pleasures or pastimes.

and then what happened...she said she liked surprises...I don't think that's what she meant...ya think?...so she put down the remote, and I put the towel back on...well those are the waters...relationships can be...sure...but they're also...that's right...
edit on 22-5-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Split, couldn't have said it better myself.
Try new things, exercise and release those endorphins

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This is a global awakening to the fact we are going to die.

Sooner or later we are all going to die. The influx of doomsday topics is bringing us all closer to the realization that; you, me and everyone else is going to die.

I think once we get passed this 2012 nonsense things will change. Until then, you will have many people realizing this fact of life that we don't like to talk about.

Once you admit you're scared of death, everything seems very comical like a previous poster said. Look at these doomsday preppers, I feel so sorry for them. They spend their entire life trying to prevent the inevitable.

Don't worry about it. You are only causing needless stress on your body. Have fun!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Maybe something to do with our fast moving modern life, information overload, ( Usually negative.) and the feeling that we are powerless to do anything about it. The Internet has. " shrunk " the world, too,
My response to this was to get rid of television several years ago, and just watch films on DVD, when it suits me, and listen to radio occasionally.
What I,m saying is, keep the outside world at arm,s length !
I also think that news programmes lost their way years ago. No longer do we just get a five minute update of world events, but hours of speculation and analysis, all unnecessary, and often wrong, and all of which just winds us up !

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

It's funny you mentioned gardening. I absolutely love watching plants grow. I grow a variety of vegetables and flowers. There is nothing like waking up in the morning and going out to the garden. Eat some beans, maybe a radish or 10 and checking the strawberries for new flowers.

It's so simple yet so rewarding.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Agree entirely litterbaux, I,m usually up by around 05.30am, having a look around the garden and then dog walking.
Hardly anyone else around, best time of the day !

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I felt this way for a while, then I ascended past that point. Now I have found a reason to live, have broken the illusion, and am able to transfer my enlightenment to others. When around those who are still asleep, I do notice them, but they do not affect me. It is like we are on two different planes of existence.
edit on 22-5-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I have felt this way a lot lately....sort of empty and numb. I don't want to die or anything like that, I just feel like there is something missing, you know what I mean? I can sit here and watch others and I wonder why they don't feel the same. It's particularly odd because I've always been a fairly happy and content person. It's so hard to put it into words....I apologize if this just seems like rambling...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

but lately, Ive been digging deeper and deeper into things to see if I can find a meaning.

It's all around you.
The simple touch of water running or air hitting your hair.
That's the answer.
Those are the experiences we came here for.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

Emptiness is the natural 'state'. When you say "empty", I assume you mean sad, depressed, despair, anxious, and so on. This is because pleasure is gone, or seen as unsatisfactory, and thus the only things left within this void are these negative feelings. You are at an important stage, that is for sure. If you try to pile on happy and pleasant feelings on top of these negative feelings now, you will have regressed back into the 'game' of trying to fill and sustain these pleasant feelings. That is what addiction is, it is feeling a sense of despair and continuously trying to subdue that feeling with pleasant feelings.

You must see these negative feelings as transitory too, just as pleasant feelings are. They belong to no one. There is no one who feels empty or sad or depressed. These feelings have just arisen within consciousness and now they must be allowed to fall away. You can begin practicing Vipassanna meditation if you are up to it. It will help you see how emptiness is really the natural state of being. This emptiness is not a void of nonexistence, but a stillness with no qualities attached. Dwelling here allows for a deep sense of tranquility and contentment.

Thank you for posting this. You basically expressed, down to the very last detail, what I've been trying to say in words, but have never managed to string together. Addiction is a big part of my life, unfortunately...and I've been going through a rough personal transition on trying to understand addiction and that horrible empty feeling, like a yearning for something that was never there to begin with.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVoid
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Bi-Polar?????Then i?m going nuts??But then again, aren´t we all??

If you aren't, at least a little, I think there's something wrong at this point in the game.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I do indeed feel this way, except for being tired.

I think I have found my tool to combat that, music. I find that when I feel drained, a good song can give me energy. I mostly listen to instrumentals, but for everyone its at least a little bit different. So you just gotta find music that you personally enjoy, and use that to give you the energy you need.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
If you're seeking a purpose to life, here it is:

Just Be.

There is no purpose we can be sure of other than we're simply here and we're simply existing. The rest is all delusion and self-deception to make us feel important. Enjoy the ride and learn from it, that's about all we can do.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Depression and the like can only be seen as symptoms of a greater battle that is the human mind. What do you expect? Who are we to change the status quo? Often people lack that deep understanding of what triggers their defect in every sense.

When you lose sleep, or gain anxiety all you are really doing is creating a physical represntation of the minds unwillingness to continue under false pretense. This can be surmised as the start of awakening.

Side effects often include: self doubt, depression like feeling, loss of sleep, too much sleep, empty feeling as though life is not complete or this is not the road for you to travel, high anxiety, paranoia, moodiness, aggresiveness, the ability to abstain from that fake social persona.....the list goes on.

Some minds can take it, and some cannot, yet the triggers are the same. We are starting to realize that the world in which we dwell is a shell of superficiality that holds no true meaning. This is awakening in every sense of the term. The substance we crave cannot be fullfilled in the petty existance that is todays society. There is no truth to be found there, only more dreams created by those who would feed us lies only to further dilluted physical selfishness at the expense of what true freedom really represents for all mankind.

So we trudge along....step by step.....noticing something is not right or is different....not sure how to continue or how to make it go away. this is the start my friends. We are all brothers born of the same liking.

Do not let these petty emotions get you down, instead realize that it is a new beginning that leads you to the road of true understanding. Alas, its not for everyone...some will fall and succumb, others will rise and gain great knowledge of the lie around them.

Take comfort in the fact that soon, very soon things will be very different for all of us. Somethings may not be pleasent, but it must happen. You are becoming aware, that is causing these feelings.

Turn away from petty emotion and drive to self logic. Together we can change the world one piece at a time.

And if the world starts getting you down, just sit back and laugh at the demise of the sheep as they barrel through this dream land in their own sustained bubble of existance.

Personally, I can't wait....then everyone will be on the same footing.
Then again I have been known to suffer from psychosis....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I've been feeling this way a lot lately... And damn near for the past 10 years, though I could never have pinned it down so well as in the past 2 or 3.

I've always felt different, "not quite home yet (Wherever home is)" to paraphrase another poster...
Mimicking social behavior, seeing conversations and interactions in the 3rd person, hyper-aware...
Uncomfortable eating and sleeping issues...The list goes on.

Sometimes If I dig very deep, I conclude that I'm already dead.
For the best examples and explanations of this I could ever muster, please see the movies Donnie Darko, The Fountain, and the entire epic show Lost...
In these examples entire lives are lived in the blink of an eye, timelines are skewed, and dreamscapes are lucid.
The other common factor in these movies is that the main characters find out in the 'real' timeline they're already dead.

Sometimes I feel like I'm about to die, or just did... Maybe I'm compensating for that timeline by inventing a new one... Can't I just let go?
It can get quite narcissistic and ego-centric if I allow myself the tangent... Like I'm "special" somehow... For instance, the annular eclipse happened on my birthday this year, and I made a point to drive 400 miles to see it. Why? Because I like astronomy and science, and it may be a once-in-a-lifetime event.
Or was it because, as I jokingly said to my girlfriend, that I expected 'angelic trumpets to sound from the heavens, heralding the newly formed interdimensional vortex'?
Am I kidding though?

Recently my mother, who has been going through her own introspective awakening, said something to me which really snapped me back into a good place. It was basically, "Be yourself." But more than that, to really let all the weird and interesting opinions, beliefs and ideas of mine to shine through. To really allow myself to express the knowledge I've gained so far on my path; to lead by example in a way that almost hurts...

Maybe we're true leaders? Spiritually, philosophically, whatever... God knows there's little room left at the table after feeding the current leaders of this paradigm..
It seems like it's time to be your own outlet.

Anyway holy crap this is horrible and reads like it's my diary... If you read this whole thing YOU deserve a star...Good luck, have fun

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

edit on 22-5-2012 by JRedBeard because: Double post

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Thanks for your post.. good advice and wisdom.

You inspired me to add that ultimately it's important not to feel hopeless about anything.

Personally and specifically I feel like these emotions are part of something urging me to let go of old ways and embrace something greater...
I slip and pretend and play the part sometimes, knowing there's something I should be doing differently.
So I take a best guess at what that something is and live it as hard and long as I can.
Trying not to worry, somewhere secretly knowing: "I'll know it when I know it." likely sooner than I think.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join