It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by MuchTooSerious

I'm not "telling you how to use a word"... I'm telling you how you ARE using the word, despite your claims to the contrary.

Thanks for telling me what I mean...but I think I got this...I don't need your help.

I told you how I use the word...I honestly don't care if you believe me or not...that is an issue you will have to work out yourself.

I find it funny that you are using the argumentative techniques of someone defending an indefensible point. things like: Appeals to Authority, Arguments to Ignorance, Argumentum Ad Hominem, Confirmation Bias, Hasty Generalizations, Selective thinking, Strawman Arguments, Sunk-Cost fallacy, Testimonial evidence, and even Self-Deception... when, in reality, if we were the ones with a baseless claim, we'd be the ones using these sorts of arguments.

I would love for you to provide examples of all those that you say I have used.

My examples are all that you've written in this thread. If you can't see it, then I do honestly feel sorry for you.

But enough of this flame war.
Arguing with some guy isn't doing much good for anyone. Believe what you want to believe. Keep being the apologist for the guy. Whatever floats you proverbial boat.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned in 35 pages I don't have time to read or not, but does anyone remember that John McCain also had birth-related legitimacy issues?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

John McCain's Panama Canal Birth Raises Constituitional Questions

www.nytimes.com

McCain’s Canal Zone Birth Prompts Queries About Whether That Rules Him Out

By CARL HULSE
Published: February 28, 2008
WASHINGTON — The question has nagged at the parents of Americans born outside the continental United States for generations: Dare their children aspire to grow up and become president? In the case of Senator John McCain of Arizona, the issue is becoming more than a matter of parental daydreaming.

Mr. McCain’s likely nomination as the Republican candidate for president and the happenstance of his birth in the Panama Canal Zone in 1936 are reviving a musty debate that has surfaced periodically since the founders first set quill to parchment and declared that only a “natural-born citizen” can hold the nation’s highest office.

Almost since those words were written in 1787 with scant explanation, their precise meaning has been the stuff of confusion, law school review articles, whisper campaigns and civics class debates over whether only those delivered on American soil can be truly natural born. To date, no American to take the presidential oath has had an official birthplace outside the 50 states
(visit the link for the full news article)

What are the odds that BOTH candidates in 2008 had the SAME OBSCURE PROBLEM??

Whichever candididate we would have gotten, we might very well be having the same argument!

That creeps me out! I smell a setup.

Who wanted it this way, who had the powerer to make it happen...and why?

Come on ATS let's think out of the box...this is big...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
the "fact checking error" persisted for sixteen years, through at least three different versions of Jane Dystel's website, and through at least four different versions of Obama's biography. - Breitbart.com, breitbartnews

If anyone could explain to me how this can be explained away I'd love to hear it. I will not accept that Obama hadn't once seen it over an entire 16 years.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Did you expect the same or did you defend them? You can just answer the question please, not try to distract or dance around it with another question.. That is the same trollish tactics you attempted to use last night.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by sonnny1

This Agent was paid to write a bio about him. A FACTUAL Bio. I know if I pay for something,especially something that has my name,attached to many high profiled people,it better be damn ACCURATE. I cant believe you can give her and Obama a pass,when you were so hard on Ron Paul,for stating the same thing. Obama and Ron Paul,said they didn't know,but its ONLY alright,when its Obama.

What pass?

She admitted a mistake...I'm sure it isn't something she wanted to admit...who wants to admit to the world that you made a mistake???

You are still with those apples and oranges huh...I guess you didn't understand the grammar example.

You "believe" its a mistake. I "believe" its a lie. Can you find me anymore mistakes,this women has made,in the SAME booklet ?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected
reply to post by Screwed

Screwed, look at the posts here and the very subject at hand.. These people have already made up there minds that Obama is NOT an American.. Truth wont matter, documents wont matter,.. They could come out with a home video of the birth and his dad surfing after in Hawaii, it wouldnt matter to some people here.

Fair enough, and thank you for not throwing me in with that crowd.

I would simply say that it is getting rather fishy as more and more EVIDENCE is coming out which would suggest that he was born elsewhere.

It would be nice to discuss this evidence with everyone.
Those who lean to one side and those who lean to the other.

But there seems to be no leaning going on here.
People are just balls out one way or balls out the other with NO in between.

This is a futile discussion and NOTHING will be accomplished in this thread other than the awareness it has already raised which I thank the OP for.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Its laughable that you all use brietbart as a legit source for information IMO..

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Nah crewed your ok with me! Politics is a tricky subject and easy to get into a heated debate over.. I do my best to make sure that i dont just lump people together.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedimind
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Ok. So I guess going by your logic...If it comes to light that a reputable source has 11 years prior written something of this magnitude about a sitting president, as long as that source simply now makes a statement that they made a mistake about it then that's the end of it and we shouldn't haven't any curiosity about why the mistake was made, if in fact it was a mistake, if it was based on faulty information given, etc..?

This is extremely significant and demands an explanation by someone. The bio's authors' acknowledging the supposed mistake and calling it a 'fact checking error' is a pitiful response and insulting to our intelligence and natural, warranted curiosity for such an huge mistake regarding our president.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Jedimind because: (no reason given)

Have all the curiosity you want...maybe even do something about it and go investigate it instead of just sitting on a message board if you think this is such an important issue.

I don't have an issue with it...I have seen all the Birther claims shot down in and out of courts...this is just one more they are desperately trying to cling to...I have no interest in it.

There was a question about the bio in the booklet...why did it say that....there was an answer from the AUTHOR that it was her mistake.

If you have a problem with the answer because it doesn't agree with what your pre-determined conclusion was...then knock yourself out...go prove that she is lying.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by icepack

Ah... I see a true Democrate. One who fails to read.

It didn't indicate he was the POTUS then....

HEY - he corrected himself - an honest man gets a star.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1yearning2bfree

So if "birther" isn't a perjorative term, how do you feel about the term "troll?" If there is a negative connotation (and there most certainly is), then by your logic it's because trolls have created a negative stereotype of themselves...if the shoe fits, just saying. Meh...

Define "troll".

It's amazing how simple concepts just aren't grasped.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Obama's already got his cronies at work
www.huffingtonpost.com...

As New York magazine noted, the article caused a stir in conservative circles, drawing commentary from the Drudge Report and other popular websites. However, the woman who wrote Obama's biography in the pamphlet said Thursday that she had misidentified Obama's place of birth. "This was nothing more than a fact-checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time," Miriam Goderich, who worked for the literary agency Acton & Dystel, told Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii."

Yes that's some error isn't it? the only error is Obama being president....

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurected

Really now?

Who got nailed by the moderate last nite?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

I guess a good question would be if she has had any contact with Robert Bauer, the lawyer who was retained by Obama a year before he started his presidential campaign and just happens to be the husband of Anita Dunn, the one time White House Communications Director (resigned sometime after making some public statements praising Chairman Mao).

Like I said...if these questions are important to you and you think Obama was truly born in Kenya...knock yourself out.

I tend to not go on wild goose chases.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Sorry,I believe Obama should own it.

I believe that nothing will change you're mind, because clearly you're biased.

Its something he obviously paid for.His Literary Agent remarks are suspicious at best.

of course, because if you took it for truth, you wouldn't be able to hang onto the delusion that Obama cannot qualify for a second term.

Ron Paul's situation is the same.

You mean Paul is guilty of writing those articles? Not merely held accountable? Because those can be two different things.

Im an Independent BTW,

Sure you are, being an registered indepedent doesn't automatically make you impartial or neutral on political issues. Most far right folk I've come across don't consider themselves Republican because it isn't far right enough for them. You don't have to explain yourself in this to me.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I dont think it has anything to do with people not being able to get a concept, i think it more has to do with people not wanting to admit a wrong or not wanting to have an agenda defeated. So they dance around it, attempt to play word games, etc.. I think they can fully comprehend what is going on, if they want to admit that or not.

The "Birther" issue still being around with no real substance to back it up good proof of that.. And when anything comes up on it they latch to it like dogs for scraps. Even when proven to be wrong time and again. They just wait for the next time around.. Now remember my next words, the next time a birther issue comes up you will see these same faces doing this same bit again.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I would simply say that it is getting rather fishy as more and more EVIDENCE is coming out which would suggest that he was born elsewhere.

More evidence? There is zero valid evidence out there Obama that shows Obama was not born in Hawaii, and I would love to see the look on a judges face if some nutter like Orly presented this in a court as evidence....
edit on 18-5-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MuchTooSerious

My examples are all that you've written in this thread. If you can't see it, then I do honestly feel sorry for you.

Sorry..not gonna let you off that easy.

You accused me of some very specific things...so prove your accusation.

Give me a specific example of each of those that you accused me of.

If you can't, then

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected

Its laughable that you all use brietbart as a legit source for information IMO..

The woman who edited the book already aditted its her work.She says it is a mistake, but she at least admits its a fact that this material exists.

Do you consider Harvard University "laughable"? How about the NY times, Wall Street Journal? None of them are denying the existence of this artifact.

Kneejerk rejection to any given source is pure ignorance, nothing less. Must be warm and cozy in that ostritch-hole you've got your head in...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

I agree with you totally, his fathers side grandma said she witnessed his birth . She had never left Kenya at the time! obummers wife stated he was born in africa what does it take for you anti- birthers to wake up? He was flown to our fiftyeth state when barry was 4 days old and his grandma on his mothers side lied on a sworn statement to get barry us funding.and a us birth certificate . He is not a natural born us citizsen . He does not qualifie to be a american president . He is a criminal period because he was of age and of sound mind and lied his way to the white house. . God in Heaven what a American discrease on our system of checks and balances . Remember your goverment classes checks and balances???!!!! Bidden is our president God help us.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join