It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected
reply to post by beezzer

Dont get off topic, you might get reported and moded...

As a person who has written his own bio, I find this reasoning quite silly. As for your statemeent, argue the point, by stating that you refuse to read others opinions on the matter only defines your narrow-minded approach to such topics.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MuchTooSerious

I'm not "telling you how to use a word"... I'm telling you how you ARE using the word, despite your claims to the contrary.

Thanks for telling me what I mean...but I think I got this...I don't need your help.

I told you how I use the word...I honestly don't care if you believe me or not...that is an issue you will have to work out yourself.

I find it funny that you are using the argumentative techniques of someone defending an indefensible point. things like: Appeals to Authority, Arguments to Ignorance, Argumentum Ad Hominem, Confirmation Bias, Hasty Generalizations, Selective thinking, Strawman Arguments, Sunk-Cost fallacy, Testimonial evidence, and even Self-Deception... when, in reality, if we were the ones with a baseless claim, we'd be the ones using these sorts of arguments.

I would love for you to provide examples of all those that you say I have used.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So if "birther" isn't a perjorative term, how do you feel about the term "troll?" If there is a negative connotation (and there most certainly is), then by your logic it's because trolls have created a negative stereotype of themselves...if the shoe fits, just saying. Meh...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

To each there own dead, *cheers to you* Oh, and a bit of advice, stay north and avoid the head achs! I would join ya if i could lol

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Funny, they go by what the author says when its on brietbart... Then when the author comes out to clarify the issue they dont want to hear it.. Most of the time i would say that is because they have a motive or an issue themselves and they simply looking for stones to throw. Doesnt matter if its good or bad, true or false, its all in the agenda they want to support.

You surprised?

Just point them in the direction you want and they'll go

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Many Presidents have released records.........

Did you even bother to read that link?

In the last 18 years, highly personal information has been published about presidential candidates

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 1yearning2bfree

Birther got the name birther for beating a dead subject for over 4 years.. I dont really see the issue and to call someone a birther is not negative.. The only negative aspect of it is the aspect they make and put forward to the public themselves.. Troll on the other hand is negative all the way down to each defination of the word troll.

If you have an issue with the word birther i would be more angry at those who put forward the sterotype, not those who gave it a name.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

This Agent was paid to write a bio about him. A FACTUAL Bio. I know if I pay for something,especially something that has my name,attached to many high profiled people,it better be damn ACCURATE. I cant believe you can give her and Obama a pass,when you were so hard on Ron Paul,for stating the same thing. Obama and Ron Paul,said they didn't know,but its ONLY alright,when its Obama.

What pass?

She admitted a mistake...I'm sure it isn't something she wanted to admit...who wants to admit to the world that you made a mistake???

You are still with those apples and oranges huh...I guess you didn't understand the grammar example.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Screwed

You do know Kenya didn't exist when Obama was born....right???

and if I told you that I was born in Russia in 1989 would you just come right out and call me a liar??

Yes, you got me on a technicality.
When I was born it was called the USSR but it is more commonly known as Russia.

(I wasn't born in Russia btw)

Now, I am not going to expect you to slap your forhead in some sort of moment of epiphany nor do I expect you to so much as tell me that I am making a good point because your posts scream of someone who does not want to deal with any other reality than the one you have created for yourself.

Why some people insist on arguing with someone whos mind is already made up is beyond me, so this will be my final reply to you, as I have not the time,energy, nor inclination to have an EGO war with a trained professional.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by whisperindave
reply to post by anon72

Wow what significant evidence this is! I mean, it couldn't possibly be that they might have made a mistake. I mean, every person who has ever represented me have all made mistakes in my bios, even when I write my bios for them. Maybe this is why he abandoned the book and the company? At any rate, all we have to do is take a look at his college records and see where HE says he was born. Not some third party. There's nothing wrong with Obama, except he is Black. No one would THINK of doing this about a white man like Romney, maybe Romney is a polygamist? His Granddad was! Maybe he's a cultist? Maybe he believes all non
Mormons should go to hell. I would be a little more afraid of a man like that than I would a man who grew up hard, put in the work, and became President. Again, he was vetted. You can be sure. The Republicans would have MADE DAMNED SURE OF THAT under Bush. So get over yourselves!

The fact that you had to, immediately, play the race card says everything that needs to be said about what you think and who you are.
If that's what you think this is about then I'm sorry to say that you are ignorant.
Again (as i stated in another reply) I won't get into the intricacies of the issue. But you do understand that people can dislike a POLITICIAN for the POLITICS and not simply because of their skin color? I would love a black, jewish, asian, middel- eastern, gay, what have you, PRESIDENT. I take issue only with his policies and his record.
To say the opposition is based on his race or to imply that the issue of his birth is a matter of race, is the single stupidest thing I've ever heard. But it's an easy argument for someone like you to make. It's an easy argument for a lot of people to make because it paints the opposition as "evil" without having to make a single coherent or cogent point. that and it distracts from the real issue.
I've never had an issue with Obama's race. I could not care less about it. But I do have a problem with his politics and I sure as hell have a problem with him if he wasn't born in the United States.
I would have the same problem with any of the men you listed...
So, what excuse do you give for my issues with other politicians? Do I hate biden because he is white? Do I dislike Clinton because he's white? Was that what the whole Lewinsky/lying under oath thing was about...? Clinton's race?
Your point is asinine, inept, dishonest, and a thinly veiled attack. Instead of discussing the issues you make it a race thing. That's the hallmark of ANY good argument.
Turn your enemies into something inhuman (bigots, racists, etc)... It's more easy to hate them thagt way... and destroy them.
It worked for the propaganda in WWII (and in countless other arenas.) why not here?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MuchTooSerious

We can infer from what evidence we are shown and need not take her statement as gospel. She has a reason to lie. There is such a thing as motive.

You infered that she lied

I'd love to see that logic laid out in detail....this should be good.

Please note that you have to START with a premise that in fact Obama was born in Kenya...but don't let that get in the way of your "logic".

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I guess a good question would be if she has had any contact with Robert Bauer, the lawyer who was retained by Obama a year before he started his presidential campaign and just happens to be the husband of Anita Dunn, the one time White House Communications Director (resigned sometime after making some public statements praising Chairman Mao).

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

To each there own dead, *cheers to you* Oh, and a bit of advice, stay north and avoid the head achs! I would join ya if i could lol

I'd trade you in a heart beat. I'd much rather live somewhere where freedom is somewhat valued, and personal liberties haven't been completely sold out. Everyone I talk to down there seems to think Canada is some kind of paradise. I love my country but it's full of hippies, liberals, neo cons, and idiots (much like yours, but at least gun ownership and property rights are still respected in your country).

I have a vested interest in seeing the U.S prosper and maintain her rights and status. It's the only hope my own country has.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Screwed, look at the posts here and the very subject at hand.. These people have already made up there minds that Obama is NOT an American.. Truth wont matter, documents wont matter,.. They could come out with a home video of the birth and his dad surfing after in Hawaii, it wouldnt matter to some people here.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sonnny I'll tell you what. When Lew Rockwell or any of the authors who wrote at that time come out and admit that they wrote those racist newsletters under Paul's name without his verification or knowledge, then we can lift the scrutiny facing Paul over those letters. Hmmk?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedimind
This is extremely significant and demands an explanation by someone.

Actually it is not significant at all, and a explanation has been given - but you refuse to accept the explanation as it destroys your silly conspiracy theory!

link   

Odd, most Canadians i talk to wouldnt touch America with a 10 foot poll.. Let alone want to move here.. Actualy most Canadians i talk to find America to be embarrasing..

Looking into Canadian gun laws in Canada now, as far as i knew you just needed to register them same as in the US.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

link   

Funny, they go by what the author says when its on brietbart... Then when the author comes out to clarify the issue they dont want to hear it.. Most of the time i would say that is because they have a motive or an issue themselves and they simply looking for stones to throw. Doesnt matter if its good or bad, true or false, its all in the agenda they want to support.

What's even funnier is that the Brietbart article itself says that the bio is in error and it doesn't prove anything.

The errant Obama biography in the Acton & Dystel booklet does not contradict the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate. Moreover, several contemporaneous accounts of Obama’s background describe Obama as having been born in Hawaii.

But that doesn't phase them...they just plow right through to the baseless speculations....and then they ask us to prove that the author is telling the truth

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

No he doesn't. If somebody writes something about you, and they make an error about something in your life, and they admit to that mistake, then you don't own it. You can't be held accountable for the accuracy over everything written about you, ask celebrities, this is reality. As for Ron Paul, maybe if you really cared about facts, not partisanship, you'd find that Paul's case is clearly different.

Sorry,I believe Obama should own it. Its about him. Its something he obviously paid for.His Literary Agent remarks are suspicious at best. Ron Paul's situation is the same. As someone said,hes accountable,in the end. Im an Independent BTW, so Partisanship is not the point.Its hypocritical to give one a pass,and not the other. Admitting a mistake,and figuring if its a lie,or genuine,is what we all have to figure out,and where many have opposing views.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

Screwed, look at the posts here and the very subject at hand.. These people have already made up there minds that Obama is NOT an American.. Truth wont matter, documents wont matter,.. They could come out with a home video of the birth and his dad surfing after in Hawaii, it wouldnt matter to some people here.

Yeah and leftists thought Bush and Cheney were Vlad the impaler so whats your point?

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join