It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Affirms His Support for Same Sex Marriage

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Here is a new poll that says the majority of Americans support Gay Marriage.
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

How does this poll jell with the fact that Over 30 states ban Gay Marriage? No matter how much the media tries to manipulate, they keep forgetting that every time this issue comes up for a vote, it is defeated and defeated by a large margin.

Even California defeated it at one point. I suspect they took this poll in the Castro district of San Francisco...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Good on you Obama...

I caught the story minutes after it happened - while scanning headlines in Google news yesterday

I actually welled up as I was reading it

for me this is one of those meaningful moments you never forget

I know there's still time and work ahead - but still, good for us - that's all I can say

thanks for this thread OutKast Searcher - S&F

I am really sorry... I really am. Obama will go back on his word. He was pandering to you. Like he pandered to me with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Look up some videos on Youtube about Ron Paul and gay marriage, and all of the other things he believes in, and see if you don't feel the tears well up inside like I do, when I think about the terrible places this country could be going in the years to come. And how liberty defines the idea that you can really marry who you want as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.
Ron Paul 2012.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
On one hand it is nice to hear good things such as this but, on the other it is from a politician and they usually go for whatever will bring in votes. There are some democrats and conservative politicians I have met (locally) that would support this but, it would be political suicide for them at this time. Some of those politicians have family who are gay or secretly gay themselves . So whatever.

Each has to support what will garner votes and to play the game and Obama really is no different except having the opportunity to do so.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Allenb83

I am really sorry... I really am. Obama will go back on his word. He was pandering to you. Like he pandered to me with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

what are you apologizing for?

if life were as simple as you seem to think it is - then you would be right to assume I'm being naive

you mind your own heart - I'll mind mine

:-)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
'First Gay President'
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Suddenly Joe Biden's promise that the President has "a big stick" makes a bit more sense in context

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I also realize his position is something many people oppose completely. It doesn't change for a moment that this is huge

What is there to jump for joy about? Is he actually fixing anything?. This is seriously not a big deal, people who think it is a big deal make it a big deal...It is really not..
edit on 13-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

What is there to jump for joy about? Is he actually fixing anything?. This is seriously not a big deal, people who think it is a big deal make it a big deal...It is really not..

Then why is it dividing a nation?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Because people like you are making it seem like that...Do we actually need to divide a nation because of this?...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Because people like you are making it seem like that...Do we actually need to divide a nation because of this?...

People like me? I am an individual who supports Equality - that's it.

NOM - - National Organization for Marriage was created exclusively to stop gay marriage.

They and a few others are now officially listed as hate groups.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Equality? So how does this effect equality? If you are in the same reality as me we are facing a debt crisis, not gay right issue...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Did you really say people like you? So, if people like Annee would just stop talking about it - this whole thing would just go away?

Is this how you deal with all your problems Konquest? :-)

Annee asks a very good question I think - I'd like to hear your opinion - and not just a retort

People are asking for equal rights - one group of people is saying that these people don't deserve to have them - others say that this isn't an important issue and we shouldn't even bother with it

You've decided that this isn't important - what makes you say this?
edit on 5/13/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/13/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: to be understood

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

My opinion is that it is a bunch of bologne. We have other things to worry about as one...This is the least of our concerns...

And if you want to know how Anne feels why didn't you ask her how she felt 4 years ago in 2008?....She is obviously taking sides of a flip flopper meaning she is one herself...
edit on 13-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

My opinion is that it is a bunch of bologne. We have other things to worry about as one...This is the least of our concerns...

You don't have a real answer?

I understand that we have more than just this one problem to deal with. Still, why does a subject that so many people take so seriously mean nothing to you?

I guarantee you - Mitt Romney is taking all this very seriously. He knows it's not just going to go away. And he's going to have an opinion - he won't be able to just point at Obama and say: if it weren't for people like you...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The real answer? What that the American people are being played as fools? Come on really...Do I need to answer that?...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Equality? So how does this effect equality? If you are in the same reality as me we are facing a debt crisis, not gay right issue...

And - do you feel the exact same way about the Civil Rights Act?

And/Or - - the Disability Act - - the Fair Housing Act?

edit on 13-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

As long as everybody is happy i Don't see what the big deal is....In the military we serve with people of color...It doesn't matter we are all in it together....

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The real answer? What that the American people are being played as fools? Come on really...Do I need to answer that?...

Sorry Konquest - I thought you were up for this. My mistake

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Sorry Konquest - I thought you were up for this. My mistake

Don't be sorry...Be sorry for the fact that their are people out there fighting for us that don't know what they are really fighting for...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

As long as everybody is happy i Don't see what the big deal is....In the military we serve with people of color...It doesn't matter we are all in it together....

Everybody?

Including gays?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Of course where was I excluding gays?Everyone meaning everyone....Duhhh

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join