It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Affirms His Support for Same Sex Marriage

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Just let the homosexuals get married legally already. Get to the important issues, like the economy because let me tell you if that isn't solved shortly, no one is going to care about who is allowed to get married.

Also, I am quite sure the homosexual community is well aware of this, but there will always be people who don't like them for being homosexual, just get over it and move on.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

And if you want to know how Anne feels why didn't you ask her how she felt 4 years ago in 2008?....She is obviously taking sides of a flip flopper meaning she is one herself...

since you've asked this - I'm going to answer

I know where Annee stands - I don't have a question for her

It's your opinion I'm after - but you don't have one

Let me ask you this - you say flip flopping - as if that's a bad thing. Do you think that changing your mind is wrong? Is it dishonest?

People should never change their mind? :-)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

My opinion your after? Why are you wasting your time on what I think? I think there are better things to worry about then this same sex marriage issue at this time....I am just saying it is a waste of time and mind...

Do people not refer to the first page????My stance is clear...
edit on 13-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

My opinion your after? Why are you wasting your time on what I think? I think there are better things to worry about then this same sex marriage issue at this time....I am just saying it is a waste of time and mind...

A waste of time like the Civil Rights Act?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Civil Rights? Wow you are just trying to blow this out of proportion aren't you?....The economy first, then we can worry about matters that only happen to certain individuals like you are saying...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

this is a forum Konquest :-)

seriously?

you're right - I am wasting my time if you're not up to answering a simple question :-)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I am wasting my time if you're not up to answering a simple question

A simple question you have the answer to already, so why would I waste my time trying to answer it?

Just saying you came to Anne's rescue in this thread all of a sudden...What is going on?... Am I being cyber punked?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Civil Rights? Wow you are just trying to blow this out of proportion aren't you?....The economy first, then we can worry about matters that only happen to certain individuals like you are saying...

Why would you say I'm trying to blow this out of proportion?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

When did "I" ever mention the word "civil rights"?...While posting in this thread? Go all the way back to page one, and read up sweetie...

You are making it a really big issue...

Really, this didn't become a Civil Rights issue until you showed up Anne. Good Job

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

When did "I" ever mention the word "civil rights"?...While posting in this thread? Go all the way back to page one, and read up sweetie...

You are making it a really big issue...

Really, this didn't become a Civil Rights issue until you showed up Anne. Good Job

Revealing deflection.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Revealing deflection.

Denied Ignorance....Sorry go troll else where...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I don't know, I watched a few of Obama's speeches and I didn't hear him say he supports same sex marriage. I heard him say he is not against same sex marriage which to me is different. He leaves it up to the states and to the people of those states. I think a lot of this marriage thing is just so gays can get health insurance benefits for their partners. Employers can't afford the added expense of extra people, they are going to quit supplying family insurance for everyone, they aren't required to. I don't understand why gays want to get married now adays, less and less people are getting married. Pretty soon the only ones getting married will be gay people.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
He leaves it up to the states and to the people of those states.

For what logical reason should states make laws on marriage?

Yes - - I realize it is part of the Constitution - - but that is not what I am asking.

I am asking WHY and for what logical purpose should marriage be defined by state.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes - - I realize it is part of the Constitution

^^Really Annee? You don't know the logical reason?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Yes - - I realize it is part of the Constitution

^^Really Annee? You don't know the logical reason?

More deflection?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

More deflection?

I will take your more deflection, and raise it to you being rejected...It's ok, you are 65 and you are limited in how you think..I understand.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well, that's one way Obama can avoid the issue at the Federal Government level. I always thought each individual religion was supposed to define marriage. How did marriage ever become of government in the first place? Regulating too closely related people from getting married and having offspring was the original reason.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Well, that's one way Obama can avoid the issue at the Federal Government level. I always thought each individual religion was supposed to define marriage. How did marriage ever become of government in the first place? Regulating too closely related people from getting married and having offspring was the original reason.

I know the original reason. It was to prevent interracial marriage.

Not interested in what any president can avoid.

Marriage has always been a contract. Originally arranged between the 2 families. Women were property and had no rights or choice in the matter (in most cases).

The marriage license came about as a legal way to get around marriage laws.

The Catholic church got into the marriage license business when they discovered they could make money.

---------------------------------------------------------

None of that answers my question. What realistic logical reason is marriage a state right.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Really, in actuality it is not the business of government at all. Because of the way our society is set up with survivers benefits, social security, inheritance, etc... it has been implemented to define these things. Without some sort of record keeping it would be very easy for someone to steal or swindle belongings from individuals. I'm sure that many laws have reasons for their creation that are forgotten.

The basis of these laws goes back pretty far and is not based on interracial marriages all the time. Keeping the bloodline too close was a big problem even a thousand years ago. At that time there wasn't much interracial marriages.
edit on 14-5-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Really, in actuality it is not the business of government at all.

Don't care.

We are dealing with what is today. What would be equal for everyone - - - as it is right now.

Not if marriage should be licensed by government. That is a different subject.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join