It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked Trailer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

I would love to see debunkers and shills debunking 6,000 years of evidences spread all over the planet, ancient scriptures depicting "star-gods", megalithic buildings cut with laser precision and assembled in blocks that modern cranes can't handle, Hindu texts depicting aerial machines, types of fuel used, flight range, nuclear weapons and above all thousands of Sumerian clay tablets describing an entire alien colonization on Earth.

I would love to see fringies such as yourself actually provide evidence for the bolded so-called "facts" you proclaim above, rather than making up crap as you go along.

Harte

I already addressed this in another thread, you won't get an answer, and if you do it will come from some UFO groupie loony toon site. These people seem to think that if you repeat a statement enough 365 days of the year that it will eventually become true in the minds of the public, this technique may work on most, but not on me. It won't take much for fringe beliefs like the Ancient Astronaut theory to become something believed by the entire world, all it needs is a "discovery" by fraud groups like NASA to legitimize all this.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Climax

Originally posted by BlackManINC

The reason AA covers so many subject areas is because you can disprove 99 out of 100 instances of AA, but if they can prove that even 1 occurance happend, then they are right about their theory.

This reminds me of the saying that two wrongs don't make a right.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Based on the information we have been given about our species history, having megaliths around that were constructed before we were supposed to have civilization doesnt make sense. The logistics alone are herculean, and that would have been the easy part. There is a big piece of missing information.

Now pay attention, this is very important.
If it were humans alone who achieved these colossal feats all over the world, where is the information on how they did it? If there were all these great builders all over the world, with civilization for necessary support, and they were making stuff and drawing pictures and writtings and passing down their oral traditions, you'd think that there would be one or two writtings, pictures, graphs, cave drawings, or oral traditions past down so that these techniques would not be lost.
We have the Rosetta Stone, which translates the languages from some of the very cultures who were supposed to have built some of these gargantuan structures, on it the likes of Cleopatra and Ptolemy are listed but (after doing a quick search, as far as I can tell, feel free to prove me wrong) it doesnt say who how or why the pyramids were built.
Where is information about these megaliths from the people who built them? We need to know how huge shaped stone was crafted with such precision on such an inhuman scale all over the world, often with material from rediculous distances away. Its not enough to see a youtube vid of a guy who can move a stone from here to here, its impressive but we need to know how the entire process was done, as in the shaping and precision.
If so much human life went into building megaliths there should be stories or artwork describing the Before, During, and After period of at least 1% of these mysteries, so where is this very basic evidence for the human hypothesis?

(See what I did just there?)

So you say, "Well, surley there is evidence that at least 1 of these megaliths were built by human hands!"
Of course there is, there's more than 1 actually, and I dont think that anyone is really saying that, we never have nor could we ever have built giant stone structures. But one doesnt disqualify the other. Aliens building megaliths and humans building megaliths are not mutualy exclusive. They could both have happend, not all megaliths were made with equal skill, there are those with obviously more advanced intellect behind them.

My answer to this is very simple, for this to not be mutually exclusive, there first of all has to be evidence that there were space aliens. We have no evidence whatsoever, therefore the idea that space aliens had anything to do with the structures has no credibility in itself except in the realm of science fiction. Megaliths not being built with equal skill as you claim is not evidence that somehow leads to space aliens in any way, that is, unless you just believe that science fiction is reality. I give credit to Hollywood for this, for without them, clowns like Zecharia Sitchin and Erich von Daniken would have never been taken seriously.

edit on 27-4-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hi Phantom Jack, with reference to your comment "I have absolutely NO problem with the thread content or discussion. I just don't like how the OP slipped this in as an advertisement for an upcoming movie, instead of an actual discussion thread. "

I have just started a new thread that is talking about a site that is I suppose, "promoting" or at least "requesting" stuff about actual disclosure, Am I looking for future benefits from it? Only that if it's fair dinkum then wow what a buzz it will cause. Sometimes, as I believe with this thread here, people are not pushing their own cart but actually do want discussion on a topic and that is their way of starting discussion off. "Rule of law" IMHO sometimes leads to sanctimonious grandstanding by some, so I just wanted to state that I'm sure, that I'm really sure that's not your intention

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709
Hi Phantom Jack, with reference to your comment "I have absolutely NO problem with the thread content or discussion. I just don't like how the OP slipped this in as an advertisement for an upcoming movie, instead of an actual discussion thread. "

I have just started a new thread that is talking about a site that is I suppose, "promoting" or at least "requesting" stuff about actual disclosure, Am I looking for future benefits from it? Only that if it's fair dinkum then wow what a buzz it will cause. Sometimes, as I believe with this thread here, people are not pushing their own cart but actually do want discussion on a topic and that is their way of starting discussion off. "Rule of law" IMHO sometimes leads to sanctimonious grandstanding by some, so I just wanted to state that I'm sure, that I'm really sure that's not your intention

This coming from someone that just posted their own advertisement for another other different movie?

Please. You just don't like the message. It threatens your world view that aliens are f'realz fosho.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hi Drucilla Dur G'day captain obvious, you actually pointed out that I had started a new thread about a site by using my post that said I started a new thread about a new site. My sole purpose IS NOT to advertise but to get peoples' opinion on 1./ If Dr. Greer is actually going down the right path 2./ If there is any cover up, will this UNCOVER IT? 3./ Should power maggots be sliced and diced. Do I get anything by "promoting" anothe site? Only the one in my signature and even THAT would be beneficial to others given the state of the global economy.

Warm wishes

Steve

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

In short, just like the OP in this thread, you are advertising a movie.

You complain about someone advertising a movie here, but, it's okay for you to do the same?

Oh, but, the movie in this thread claims to debunk aliens, where the movie you advertise is on the other side of the fence in believer-ville.

Uh-huh. Balanced discussion on both sides of the fence is fine. Your detraction complaining about someone advertising a movie when you do the same, however, seems a little bit tainted in bias.

I can use simpler words if this explanation doesn't enlighten you regarding the reasons behind my previous post.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod
Bravo Buddy! You go! I have had many debates over the years about the insanity and lack of evidence concerning this theory.

I am supposed to believe that my marvelous species was so stupid we needed help to make fire and learn to stack rocks together....sorry...I don't buy it.

Show me one piece of carbon fiber textiles...one piece of advanced metallurgical alloys...anything to prove that aliens ever even visited....no?...didn't think so.

Art is art...it does not necessarily depict historical things...so don't go there.

Stories? Stories are just that...often told for teaching or even entertainment...Atlantis anyone?

I too am amazed at the accomplishments of Ancient Human beings...but I will not remove that credit and give it to some mythological creature or ET's.

Humans are clever and intelligent creatures..."We don't need no stinking aliens"

this ,
lets just hope its not the same thing just christian based,

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmythehand

nah dru I get it, I'm a bad eveil guy for wanting to see what people think about Greer, cover ups and the like. Re the bloke in this thread, I guess I just have a bit of a dislike for someone squealing about whether something is an ad or not. Who cares!!! If it gets us talking about stuff outside CNN and Fox then who cares!!! But back to the point. Sorry for being such a bad bad person dru. Pleeeeeeease don't stone me for my wicked ways

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The reason AA covers so many subject areas is because you can disprove 99 out of 100 instances of AA, but if they can prove that even 1 occurance happend, then they are right about their theory.

My answer to this is very simple, for this to not be mutually exclusive, there first of all has to be evidence that there were space aliens. We have no evidence whatsoever, therefore the idea that space aliens had anything to do with the structures has no credibility in itself except in the realm of science fiction. Megaliths not being built with equal skill as you claim is not evidence that somehow leads to space aliens in any way, that is, unless you just believe that science fiction is reality. I give credit to Hollywood for this, for without them, clowns like Zecharia Sitchin and Erich von Daniken would have never been taken seriously.

Would you agree then that because we have no evidence whatsoever of Adam & Eve, Jesus, God or any other form of higher inteligence, the idea that a "higher power" had anything to do with influencing humans has no credibility in itself except in the realm of science fiction?

Seriously, how does one fairy tale have more credibility than another? Either we accept/condone/tolerate/vote for the idea that people can believe in unseen forces that judge humanity from unearthly realms and even have interacted with us during our past, or we dont.

If you simply cant stand the idea of AA, for whatever reasons, consider yourselves lucky there isnt a AA Channel, basically running the same programs as religious networks, just substituting words like Jesus or Allah with lines like, Beneficient Beings from another plane of existance.

On another note, simply put, you do know that we KNOW there exists life in space right? Signs of microscopic life have been discovered in space rocks. Its just the tip of the iceberg. Thats more evidence for aliens than there is for any religious leader ever.

Its very curious to me that a large amount of the population will vote for a guy just because of his religious image, but theres no counter-force of reason producing documentaries exposing those biggest liars of all, the ones who have been taking advantage of the innocent and warping weak uneducated minds, causing damage to humanity ever since the priest placed himself in between man and spirit.

AA is small potatoes, there is so much more evil going on that could be exposed. The fact that the time was taken to discredit something that almost no one takes seriously (unlike the religious) says something. In the end it may just bring more people to AA, in fact its guaranteed to broaden the exposure of the show and increase the frequency of the topic coming up. For AA there is no such thing as bad publicity. The massive obstacle that is holding the AAH in place is the very thing that seeks to destroy it, and also the very thing that AA is trying to find the truth about. Belief systems are all in the same boat and its easy to see how connected they are to eachother when your not too preoccupied with proving your own belief to be the only right one.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709
reply to post by jimmythehand

nah dru I get it, I'm a bad eveil guy for wanting to see what people think about Greer, cover ups and the like. Re the bloke in this thread, I guess I just have a bit of a dislike for someone squealing about whether something is an ad or not. Who cares!!! If it gets us talking about stuff outside CNN and Fox then who cares!!! But back to the point. Sorry for being such a bad bad person dru. Pleeeeeeease don't stone me for my wicked ways

I have not said that you are a bad person, nor implied anything such as you've done with your bias on a topic as quoted above.

In regard to Steven Greer and the Disclosure project, it's not anything new. There's tons of threads already about it:

HERE

and HERE

and also HERE

plus HERE as well

not to mention the countless many other threads you could have simply added your own opinion to regarding topics already well underway as far as discussion.

I'm of the opinion, however, you want attention for your very own little thread topic. It's okay to feel that way. I understand. You're a victim of the pervasive societal conditioning so prevalent that creates in people a feeling of self entitlement that they and their opinion is more important than someone else that's already said the same thing dozens of other times on record, but, you're either too self involved or too lazy to search out those records, and thus fall prey to your convenience oriented self entitled social programming by starting yet another thread out of countless many others as if it hasn't already been talked about before, as if you actually have an original thought rattling around in that pre-programmed social and media influenced head of yours.

The topic here is about debunking the Ancient Aliens series, and the forthcoming video that claims the series will be debunked.
It's not about tooting your own little horn about your own little thread.
Please, go play in your own thread if it's so important to you, or add to the discussions already underway in the countless other threads that have been posted on the very same subject you've posted about.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

On another note, simply put, you do know that we KNOW there exists life in space right? Signs of microscopic life have been discovered in space rocks. Its just the tip of the iceberg. Thats more evidence for aliens than there is for any religious leader ever.

How does finding microscopic life in a rock that supposedly came from space prove the actual Ancient Astronaut theory, which is the real issue here? My problem with shows like Ancient Aliens isn't the question of life in space, its the crap peddled on the show itself. If I am to assume that a microbe was discovered in a rock which is claimed to have come from space, that is not proof whatsoever for the existance of this thing in the image below:

You are free to consider the belief in science fiction as an explanation for the (supposedly) unexplainable in human history, but I don't buy into any of it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Feel better now dru? Yep, I'm lazy and probably a few other of those big words you used. I must be lazy cause you wasted a lot of energy typing all of ths remarks and I only skimmed over them. But NO, no big ego here, bashed out of me years ago. Now too old and too tired to care. I only came back at you because your "says you" comment was wrong IMO. Big kisses and yep this thread IS about AA debunked.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmythehand

Originally posted by Damrod
Bravo Buddy! You go! I have had many debates over the years about the insanity and lack of evidence concerning this theory.

I am supposed to believe that my marvelous species was so stupid we needed help to make fire and learn to stack rocks together....sorry...I don't buy it.

Show me one piece of carbon fiber textiles...one piece of advanced metallurgical alloys...anything to prove that aliens ever even visited....no?...didn't think so.

Art is art...it does not necessarily depict historical things...so don't go there.

Stories? Stories are just that...often told for teaching or even entertainment...Atlantis anyone?

I too am amazed at the accomplishments of Ancient Human beings...but I will not remove that credit and give it to some mythological creature or ET's.

Humans are clever and intelligent creatures..."We don't need no stinking aliens"

this ,
lets just hope its not the same thing just christian based,

If Chris White is the main author of this video, then it most likely will be Christian based to an extent. I reckon that most if not all of the things in the doc concerning his beliefs would specifically have to do with addressing the perversions of the bible made by these Ancient Astronaut theorists to fit in with their beliefs while giving a biblical explanation for how the Megalithic structures were possibly built, with the help of what is called the Nephilim giants. Even if you exclude the biblical account of giants, the basic idea that giants had a big hand in building these structures is far more plausible than some mystical space aliens.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthropomorphous

The special talked about there is called 'UFOs and the Bible' it's not in any way related to the Ancient Aliens series being talked about here, though the subject matter is much the same. The History Channel loves this kind of pseudoscience stuff and has for a while and they very rarely focus on the skeptical views of these ideas.

The only episode of Ancient Aliens to really have skeptics was the first episode that set up the series, it gave them a very limited amount of time to make their side of the case and of course they couldn't go into any detail or level of expertise.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Yes sorry. I realised the difference and addresed it in my previous post on page 6 I believe.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Anthropomorphous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthropomorphous

It's fine. The issue really is that skeptics don't get these kinds of shows good ratings, History Channel makes more money that way and thus they don't give ample time to the skeptics. The irony of how little actual History there is on the History channel is frightening and has been for some time. It'd be nice to see an entire network dedicated to skeptical debunkings of those kinds of shows but chances are they'd never get any funding, skepticism doesn't sell unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Flake......................

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have always been fascinated by the AA theory. I've spent many years studying it, along with OOPAs and all that goes with them. Print this message out if you want the Truth.

The conclusion which I am driven to based upon all of my research is that Aliens influencing Mankind in the distant past is a lot of bunk, or perhaps I should just say highly improbable with very little evidence to support it.

The Real cover-up (or so everything seems to point towards) is that many thousands of years ago Our ancestors had an advanced global civilization. Through either natural catastrophe or nuclear war it destroyed itself. Mankind was literally blasted back to the Stone Age. The descendants of the survivors tried to rebuild civilization and failed for the most part, sending out emissaries to different regions on the planet to teach splinter cultures mathematics, astronomy and other skills. These people were taken to be Gods. Their advanced tech to the primitives was of course Magic.

Why cover this up? Because there exists (somewhere) ancient records and information which could be resurrected to Again start the pattern of a nuclear war and maybe finish this planet for good.

Case in point is WW II. Ever wonder where the Nazis got all their high technology from in so short a time? Most of it is covered up to this day. Supposedly they were on the brink of developing flying saucer tech, zero point energy, you name it. Time was Not on their side, however, and their resources were running down. Proto-Nazism sprung from occult societies which Researched The Past (and did a nice job of rewriting it and romanticizing it)
blended with different takes on Theosophy. These nuts were acting out Runes--but they took the Search for Hidden Knowledge Seriously. Much of it was bunk but Hitler's buddies were dispatched to collect any and all information on the Ancients around the globe. (That's the one thing the Indiana Jones movies got right!). I think they got lucky somewhere and brought back if not records maybe even advanced tech. It lead to breakthroughs in field drive propulsion--but with the Allies (NOT aliens!) closing in, they needed more time. Thus we have the whole setup for Nazis colonizing the South Pole and flying saucers... IMHO, Operation High Jump (look it up!) is solid Proof in this regard. What became of the Nazis, the saucer tech, and everything which goes with it is up to you guys to unravel. Personally I think Admiral Byrd brought back a bunch of Nazi saucers for American scientists to tinker with. Right down to using Japanese POWs as living crash dummies. What documents I've come across are Highly questionable and for all I know are probably more forgeries.

Statistically speaking there Are aliens out there in the universe, of course. But they're not here. Mankind does its own work in making and destroying tech and knowledge in general. And killing its own people.

If there is any credibility to so-called "Aliens" in our distant (and I mean Distant) past, I would associate them with intelligent descendants of dinosaurs who survived the big asteroid mash 65 million years ago, and managed to build a civilization beneath the Earth. Influencing, perhaps even creating, religions to control Mankind. See, there's this worldwide obsession in ancient times of worshiping reptilians (This is where David Icke gets his meat from). Homegrown "aliens" who've perhaps more of a right to this planet than humans since they were here first. Yet That's all pure speculation for the most part. They don't like me talking about such things.

Now I'll jump out of phase for a moment...

What blows me away every day of my life is how so-called intelligent people embrace religion and can believe in such BS. How they can take fairy stories and stand behind them as though they're Historic Fact and do all manner of Faithhead rituals, deluding themselves that there's an invisible man floating through the sky who watches over them. And if they're good enough, and pray hard enough, it will grant them certain favors (including immortality in an afterlife). And I thought Christianity was wacko until I began to educate myself about Islam!
Yet at least MooHamMad was a real life flesh-and-blood dictator. Christ never existed as a real person and Christianity came about at least 40 years after the fabricated nailing-up ceremony. Christianity is a cheap hack of much older religions." Oh, and if you're not one of us with the Right religion, that gives me the right to discriminate against you, torment you, and in the right time and place Kill You." Billions of people have died in the name of God/s. Yet God Loves You and God is frigging GOOD...

Now this # Really blows my mind when you consider there are Billions of like-minded morons out there with this mindset. I'd sooner believe in flying saucer aliens abducting people. I'd sooner believe in a Homosexual conspiracy to take over Earth. I'd sooner believe in a race of men born without penises.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
While I dont believe in Ancient aliens, I am still curious on how those ancient civiliasations moved megalitic stones on the scale we today could only move with great difficulty, or built walls out of huge stoneblocks with such precision, that not even light fits through the gaps. I hope they will touch on that.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
there is a great big bearded guy in the sky who tells people how to vote and he needs money
maybe he dun it

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join