Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ancient Aliens Debunked Trailer

page: 9
9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun
 


I am looking forward to watching the Ancient Aliens Theory Debunked Debunked series...

sec.line




posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara
 


Those things that they point out as evidence has a going on, so I don't see what else you will find other than 'what he tells isn't true, therefore the whole idea is wrong'. It would be great if it could give something more than saying every single drawing was artist expression and every single event didn't happen. Afterall, deny ignorance, where is it? Too many coincidences dont happen..



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
"Ah * * * *."

—Ancient Alien producers
edit on 26-4-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)


Nah, they have nothing to worry about. There are enough people in the audience that are ignorant about ancient artifacts, culture, religion and history to allow shows like this to fill their minds with idiotic nonsense until the cows come home. Those that watch these shows and swallow the intentional misinformation wont be swayed by anything that they consider 'debunkery" or the like. These shows cater to the ignorant, and those that have a religious like desire to ignore reality and leap to the least likley conclusion. These shows state things that are contrary to thousands of schooled folks who have studied ancient artifacts like the ones they are claiming are alien related.

These shows are nothing more than fodder for the "useful idiot's" mind, and nothing you can say or do will help them see reality, for reality is too mundane, and fantasy is way more entertaining...thus we have idiotic shows like this.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun
reply to post by CaptainLJB
 


a couple things..

1. we don't know how many written records of Jesus were destroyed in 70 AD.

2. Jesus was not royalty. Most, if not all of the historical documentation was regarding royalty for many many centuries. Jesus was not considered royalty...


Regardless, you'd think there would be something more substantial.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If they ever make this instead of just promote a lie, it will be nice, because then it can be debunked!



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gameisupman

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
"Ah * * * *."

—Ancient Alien producers
edit on 26-4-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)


Nah, they have nothing to worry about. There are enough people in the audience that are ignorant about ancient artifacts, culture, religion and history to allow shows like this to fill their minds with idiotic nonsense until the cows come home. Those that watch these shows and swallow the intentional misinformation wont be swayed by anything that they consider 'debunkery" or the like. These shows cater to the ignorant, and those that have a religious like desire to ignore reality and leap to the least likley conclusion. These shows state things that are contrary to thousands of schooled folks who have studied ancient artifacts like the ones they are claiming are alien related.

These shows are nothing more than fodder for the "useful idiot's" mind, and nothing you can say or do will help them see reality, for reality is too mundane, and fantasy is way more entertaining...thus we have idiotic shows like this.


You pretty much hit the nail on the head here. Thanks to shows like Ancient Aliens, everything on the planet has to do with aliens.
edit on 30-4-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Not to sure how one would go about debunking this, which ever side of the line you are on no one will know the truth unless you were there to experience the actual event.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I watched this "Ancient Aliens Debunked" trailer. I then proceeded to put my hand over my mouth and blow into it, creating a very loud flatulence sound.

This "debunked" show, or whatever they wish to call it, is going to be no more informative than Ancient Aliens itself, and thus, is another big waste of time and resources.

Ancient Aliens doesn't prove anything. "Ancient Aliens Debunked" won't disprove anything.

Cheers.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I was thinking about this earlier today. I am sure this will be just as entertaining as Ancient Aliens. However, the show does a good enough job debunking itself. That is part of the fun. I mean seriously, after season one they really started to reach for stories. However I still don't find it as annoying as UFO hunters or Fact or Faked. Those shows are terrible.

To see someone debunking a show? Kind of confuses me. I mean are they saying the show is bunk and all made up? Or that the presenters are? Or What? Cause while some of their conclusions were worthy of the South Park episode, some of it lead me to research some interesting objects and legends around the world and whether Aliens played a role or not it was no bunk and I would have never gotten the enjoyment of my research had it not been for the shows strange fascination with connecting everything in history to Aliens.

Also, what the heck trailer.... THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT THE MOVIE OR SHORT IT IN IT. Kind of annoying like its just another band wagon thing.

Does anyone remember like the two hour Ancient Alien movie thing they made before the series started that sort of set us up for the show? I liked that. It followed along with what was in the original Chariots of the Gods documentary.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragedizzer
To see someone debunking a show? Kind of confuses me. I mean are they saying the show is bunk and all made up? Or that the presenters are?

I believe that pretty much all you need to do in order to find that the above is basically the problem is research right here at ATS.

Almost everything they've ever addressed (other than Bigfoot aliens, time travelling DaVinci etc.) has been either shown to be bogus in various threads here or has been shown to be deliberate misrepresentations of the facts. That, or only partial reporting of factual evidence, leaving out any evidence that would tend to show they are wrong.


Originally posted by ragedizzer
Or What? Cause while some of their conclusions were worthy of the South Park episode, some of it lead me to research some interesting objects and legends around the world and whether Aliens played a role or not it was no bunk and I would have never gotten the enjoyment of my research had it not been for the shows strange fascination with connecting everything in history to Aliens.

This I certainly agree with.

My decades-long investigations into claims such as the ones on that show were prompted by fringe writers. Had it not been for the lies, mischaracterizations and half-truths promulgated by Erik VonDaniken, I never would have been very interested in the ancient past. It was always too boring for me when I was a student. Fringe authors led me to an interest in ancient history, if only to prove them wrong (a pursuit that I have had some success at, if I may say so.)

Harte



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
My decades-long investigations into claims such as the ones on that show were prompted by fringe writers. Had it not been for the lies, mischaracterizations and half-truths promulgated by Erik VonDaniken, I never would have been very interested in the ancient past. It was always too boring for me when I was a student. Fringe authors led me to an interest in ancient history, if only to prove them wrong (a pursuit that I have had some success at, if I may say so.)

Harte


Ditto here.

While I've personally given up on modern series like these. It was the old Leonard Nimoy show "In Search Of..." back in the 70s that stirred my interest.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If you believe in religion yet dismiss ancient alien theory as "idiotic", you're seriously facepalm worthy.
There's more evidence for ancient aliens than all religions put together.

I'm not saying ancient aliens were real, but there are certainly a lot more artifacts than any religion.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashpool
If you believe in religion yet dismiss ancient alien theory as "idiotic", you're seriously facepalm worthy.
There's more evidence for ancient aliens than all religions put together.

I'm not saying ancient aliens were real, but there are certainly a lot more artifacts than any religion.


That's just the opposite for me. I don't believe in religions. All the evidence, to me, points not towards ancient aliens but towards an ancient advanced (human) global civilization--which could and has been taken to be ancient aliens.

Simply substitute a hi-tech emissary instead of an alien, as a god to the primitives.

Real aliens (IMHO!) would be, well, Alien. Evolved on a different world. They would not be comfortable here on Earth, not without special life support systems to ensure the right atmospheric mix (assuming they do indeed breath), pressure, shielding, not to mention gravity compensation. Aliens would most likely appear Very non-humanoid (not like Star Trek "forehead" aliens!) with different senses, visual spectrum, entirely different anatomy, a biology based on a different element than carbon like silicon (assuming the word "biology" can be applied), an alien means of communicating and reasoning... They would be incomprehensible to humans.

Alien artifacts would be Alien artifacts without question, as in consisting of Alien alloys we're incapable of producing here on Earth.

This is why I prefer the ancient hi-tech human civilization theory. They destroyed themselves through one means or another (nuclear war?) and humanity had to evolve all over again here...but the remnants of the ancient society still remain scattered about our planet.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
.

Why does myth around the globe say there was once a ladder to heaven and men and gods came and went on it ?

They also indicate the sky was lower ...

I guess they were all Hoaxers ... including Jacob of the old testament .

.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

I guess they were all Hoaxers ... including Jacob of the old testament .

.


Or maybe they were parables or fables, meant to pass along certain morals. Or maybe they were just stories.

Like Paul Bunyan or Spongebob.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
.

reply to post by ColAngus
 


All over the Globe ?... in societies that never heard of each other ?

Face it they were trying to tell us something .

.

are you advocating the existence of a global civilization ?
edit on 2-5-2012 by R0CR13 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13
 


Yes, very much. I'm absolutely advocating that.


THEY'RE STORIES!!! Is it so beyond the realm of comprehension that different groups of humans throughout history might come up with similar stories to pass along? Alien astronauts make more sense to you?

Sorry, please carry on with your conspiracying. I'm obviously low on my midichlorian count.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
.

reply to post by ColAngus
 


I personally think the evidence however disconcerting points to just that a world wide civilization existed ..

what they call angels I would probably call aliens ...

What gets me is the details of this story are very similar everywhere you find it .

.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13
 


Yet why introduce aliens?

Yeah, I know, they come down from the sky/heavens/stars.

I would call it a false assumption.
Simply because we fly planes, helicopters, jet packs...does not mean that we come From the skies. Oh, it might appear that way to primitive aborigines who've never had contact with advanced peoples...

And besides... I think real space aliens would have better things to do with their spare time than play god (literally!).



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashpool
If you believe in religion yet dismiss ancient alien theory as "idiotic", you're seriously facepalm worthy.
There's more evidence for ancient aliens than all religions put together.

I'm not saying ancient aliens were real, but there are certainly a lot more artifacts than any religion.


The above is not true, though I don't believe in either.

The Disciples own words and martyrdom are evidence. No similar (or other) evidence exists for any ancient alien intervention.

Harte





new topics

top topics



 
9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

log in

join