It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked Trailer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

Each season the show just grows more and more absurd and silly and while sometimes its fun to watch and just enjoy for the silly craziness it is I feel it unfortunately represents the opinions of some actual people very well. The fact that people actually buy into this stuff and aren't just watching at home for the Lulz (and Giorgio's hair) is a sobering and frightening reality and this stuff deserves to be torn apart and exposed.

Wow, we humans really are to judgemental. I mean if I don't like it or if it doesn't convince me, is gotta be bs and rubbish and the people who watch it or believe in it must be retarded.
...No wonder this world is in such a mess.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's easy to debunk. Pretty much anything that is the truth can be persuaded into making people think it's not. Happen all the time people.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by quelmarth

Hi to all...

I find kind of funny trying to debunk a theory that is only a theory... debunking the ancient aliens is just watching the regular and common sources or listening to almost all religions and beliefs.

They claim, they believe but they can't prove.. so there is nothing to debunk...

My opinion though

Regards

Agree, debunk religion

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

if my information is correct, the guys that are shown do have one thing in common?
they make money from it, correct?
I can imagine the guy with the nice hairdo has to make lots of money, in order to pay for a barber that creates such a wonderful thing.

Not that this has any relevance, but my grandma gave me an important lesson: if there's nothing on the inside, make sure the outside looks impressive. People will go for it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ok

The trailer was pants we can all agree on that ? Right

I for one do watch AA and have found as of late the topics seem to be repeating themselves under different headers.

But for me the early stuff was quite interesting and lets face it their are lot of things that would be very hard to prove on the show granted.

But it would also be very hard to debunk a lot of the theory's they put forward. Due to accurate data from certain time periods & lots of other factors

Can anybody here prove to me 100% Fact that the Mayan was not visited by ET please enlighten me nor can I prove they were.

AA presents theory's rather than facts

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have to respond to all the comments directed toward "the hairdo". Have you ever thought that sometimes the truth is given to us by people who are intentionally made up to look uncredible?

Im sure the producers encourage some of these guys ham it up, whether Giorgio is truely that proud of his hair or not, its something that could easily be controled if credibility was a concern, but they are sending precisely the message they want to.

Another way of saying this is, they want to tell you something that you will perceive as uncredible, and as rediculous as the character it is coming from.

I think it is wise to keep this in mind and try to read between the lines. The mainstream establishment will always backup their story and suppress anyone elses, unless they are mixing lies with half truths. This is what many of you are refering to as "Scholarly", the agreed upon story, which has left out our origins and all civilizations before the agricultural revolution, which is refered to by Scholars as "Pre-History", which is when the techniques for all this seemingly impossible megaliths were fabricated.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Climax

I totally understand where you are coming from. The debunking is not on the grounds of appeal to authority in a sense that we are going to provide the traditional scholarly views on the various claims. But, there is a level of responsibility when presenting certain views, even if they are theories correct?

And so with anything from religion to the soft sciences, there has to be some level of showing what sources are used to connect the line of logic to give reasons for why the theory is presented in the first place. When those elements are on shaky ground, than the entire argument falls apart.

Personally, I'm not saying that there weren't or aren't aliens (although I don't believe they are physical, biological beings from outer space) but that's a different conversation from the claim one makes and attributes to aliens. I think you understand where I am coming from with this right?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun
reply to post by CaptainBeno

You're right...if the expectation is that AA is wrong and the real truth is (this) than no. Again, I was only part of a team of researchers to debunk individual claims so I'm not sure how much of the Christian worldview Chris is going to inject into the film. But it's little things like Baalbeck which is another one I am working on currently.

AA claims of not knowing how the stones got there? Granted. From my biblical worldview, it was the Giants (Nepilim) who are responsible for a lot of the ancient megalithic structures which are unexplained. There isn't direct evidence, but there are plenty of cases throughout history of not only legends of giants, but also finding the skeleton of giants...in fact a lot of them right here in the US. Check out the work of Steve Quayle. He's done extensive research to document almost all of the claims of giants being found in the last 4 centuries.

In any case, the AA claim with Baalbeck is that it was a landing site for UFOs. The claim is based on a Stitchin claim which was based on ancient sumerian tablets (the epic of Gilgamesh) talking about a landing place where he saw crafts ascending and descending. The problem is, the translation for a "landing place" only occurs in one particular translation of the Epic of Gilgamesh...and the ascending and descending of ships is a fabrication of Stitchin. What is described in the text is that ships were coming and going from the landing place. What kind of ships did they have that would land in the ancient world? Boats. And yes most scholars agree that in the Epic of Gilgamesh, they are talking about a landing place, a dock for boats to come and go...and not where space ships were landing, and certainly had nothing to do with Baalbeck.

Zecharia Sitchin is the guy that all the Ancient Astronaut theorists use as their source and was thoroughly debunked long ago by men like Michael S. Heiser and has a website dedicated to doing so which I provide in the link below. Unlike Sitchin and all the other clowns on the Ancient Aliens show, Michael actually has a degree in ancient languages. Chris White, the man known as Knowwheretorun1984 on Youtube also did a debunking video on Sitchins nonsense as well. Chris White injecting his Christian beliefs into the documentary shouldn't be a problem to any honest individual knowing that the Ancient Astronaut theorists uses lots of scripture from the bible and perverts its meaning to fit into their beliefs, so I think its high time that Christians start speaking out on this material.

sitchin is wrong

Short video of Michael S. Heiser:

Sitchin is Wrong 1 of 2:

Sitchin is Wrong 2 of 2:

edit on 26-4-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
All the characters on that show are so full of S*H*!*T.
I believe it is plausible that we have been visited in the past but
to attribute every mystery in our history to aliens is just stooopid.

"Blah blah blah.. According to Ancient Astronaut Theorists... IT'S ALIENS"

Why would a self appointed AAT say otherwise?!

Morons.
edit on 26-4-2012 by ThisToiletEarth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think all you debunker's should be glad to have the AA show around.

If you care so much to set people straight about the facts, then you should also care that before the AA series, lots of people didn't know about 90% of this stuff! Even if all these ideas are surrounded by a bunch of baloney, the central concept is still there.

I like the show because it introduces me to several historical things that I would never have heard of if they hadn't talked about them. It sparks my imagination and interest in these topics, some of which are really fundamental to who we are as a people.

Thank you to AA for helping me discover that my ancient ancestors were more than loin cloth-wearing spear-chuckers derping around all day waiting for electricity to be invented. They were able to move mountains and track the stars to an accuracy that rivals today's standards. They made thought-provoking art and had so many different religions with so many central themes--especially gods coming from the sky.

Did they figure all this stuff out on their own, or was there something more wonderful going on? They probably did it themselves, but there is that possibility...what I like is; these things really help to relate modern humanity to its ancient past in obvious ways that aren't taught in school.

So...be glad that AA is opening peoples minds to an interesting thread of history even though they wrapped it up in lasers and flying saucers!

or not, w/e

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I would love to see debunkers and shills debunking 6,000 years of evidences spread all over the planet, ancient scriptures depicting "star-gods", megalithic buildings cut with laser precision and assembled in blocks that modern cranes can't handle, Hindu texts depicting aerial machines, types of fuel used, flight range, nuclear weapons and above all thousands of Sumerian clay tablets describing an entire alien colonization on Earth.

You know... Shills will "debunk" Giorgio Tsoukalos' hair, David Childress overweight, Erich Von Dänniken accent and claim "Ancient Aliens is a hoax" and by the end of the day all those ancient evidences will still be there, right where they are.
edit on 4/26/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/26/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

Dr Mike Heiser is someone who is going to be interviewed for the Debunkumentary. He is going to be a big part of the movie I am sure.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

actually, if you read through some of my earlier posts, you will see the nature of the debunking.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

He has to be a big part of the video, as he is one of the few people that discusses this material at all that is actually qualified to do so. If the ancient astronaut theory is being promoted into the mainstream to push for a political agenda as Chris White believes, then its high time that more true scholars start speaking out on this issue now, for the sake of honesty in scholarship alone for one.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by dJbdJb

so he's Christian...therefore he's un-credible?

what do you consider credible? Just curious.

Well I just find it funny that he's attempting to "debunk" (hate that word) a very plausible theory, while at the same time promoting Christianity.
Do you not think his strong personal beliefs will get in the way? I do.

The trailer doesn't give much away so I doubt the full 10 minutes (?) would be any more enlightening. I might watch it for a laugh. What channel is it going to be shown on?
edit on 26-4-2012 by dJbdJb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dJbdJb

reply to post by dJbdJb

so he's Christian...therefore he's un-credible?

what do you consider credible? Just curious.

Well I just find it funny that he's attempting to "debunk" (hate that word) a very plausible theory, while at the same time promoting Christianity.
Do you not think his strong personal beliefs will get in the way?

I personally believe that his particular belief in Christianity is perfect for this subject since a lot of the material the Ancient Astronaut theorists uses and twists to fit into their beliefs comes from the bible in the first place as I said in a previous post.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

ok now were getting somewhere.
However, how is a theory/religion of a supreme being setting the world in motion less plausible than the hugely vast universe being created from....nothing.
But back to the topic, i think the main problem with mainstream history is that they cant wrap their minds around ancient man actually having common sense, and oh wait, an inventive mind to create and build things more effeciently than today.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You know, when I heard that claim about it being a landing strip/runway I asked why a ship that can hover would need one. And if it did need one, who made the first one?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I do have a question for you. The so called "trailer" looks like a bunch of clips put together from the show. Is there concrete evidence that you will provide with valid sources to debunk this?

Is this so called documentary going to be one of those YouTube clip splices with horrible music in the back round without any testimony from a professional in the field? I'm just curious.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hi face like the sun, your comment "Compare that to the likes of Christianity, or even Islam, that actually has historical significance behind it."

Wow, you refer to a tailer about something that has clips of people's opinions and compare it to ...... a couple of monotheistic religions that are based on ........ faith?

They have absolutely no solid PROOF! Ancient aliens is put together as entertainment I'm sure, but their visual footage still begs the question how did some of those marvels actually happen? Lets face it, 1000+ ton blocks "lifted" into place at Baalbek? Massive blocks of irregular shapes placed together at many sites around the world that can't have a knife blade pushed between them? "ornaments" from the past that when sized up actually fly? Stone with "internal" angles carved to micrometer specs? and the list goes on.

The argument that "don't underestimate the ability of humans from the past" is so lame IMHO, as why didn't such insight from these so called ancient humans translate into a much more sophistocated culture and why isn't there more proof of their supposed advanced abilities? What IS there, leans away rather than towards clever humans.

A comment on religion being credible? C'mon, the giant floating toaster in the asteroid belt is as plausible as many of the statements spouted by religious people.

I try to have the opinion that sure, let everyone have their own take on life, but it just bugged me that massive unknown structures and heaps of other really interesting evidence like the stone carvings resembling modern technology (eg face in what appears to be some sort of helmet, complete "protective suits" etc) The part of the clip showing the person sitting with hands in positions and what looks like foot on a peddle (like a motor bike peddle) is just as plausible as some of the far fetched stories in books like the bible.

And talking of the bible, since the religion bit that you mentioned caused me to respond. How come this is supposed to be, the be all and end all, when at least the first 5 books of the old testament are really only a very brief summary of tens of thousands of documents (well really clay tablets) from Sumerian and or Akadian times (these clay tablets aen't just :I believe stuff, they are real "flesh and blood" (SIC) items Added to this, the new testament is a compilation of writings that was put together by a roman leader and his bunch of religious leader floosies who decided on which past writings would make up the new testament according to what would suit THEIR agaenda of the day (and the OTHER writings of the time were put to the side or worse, destroyed so they could have no further adverse influence on the plans of TPTB at that time). Add to this, disgusting behaviour of the puppets of the clergy destroying almost all evidence of a culture over in South America under the "justification" of it is not of "god" and the pathetic destruction of cultural (to say the least) history when both the christians AND the muslims had their individual "15 minutes of fame ... (well really it was infamy wasn't it)" by destroying the library at Alexandria just BC and then again just AD. How pathetic!

So, if you feel like bagging out Ancient Aliens, may I suggest you not build your arguments on the shaky ground of dogma.

It's a crying shame that pathetic, primitive dogma and hopeless powermongers of the past have managed to rob people of today of what our past was really like.

Respectfully (with absolutely no animosity to you)

Steve

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join