It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever considered selling your soul to the devil?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Do you ever consider that Bill Gates would trade his fortune for a really shiny quarter?

He probably did but not for a shiny quarter
I tried to but the old devil said what was left of my soul was not worth taking

Cran

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxForgottenLegendxX
In my religious point of view, I see it as a waste to obtain materialistic and finite fame for the price of an individual's soul. You'll live, what, 60-70 years probably? Comparing this life to the Hereafter, I'm staying on Allah's side.

Not necessarily. The current life expectancy might be 60-70 years, but soon mankind will begin to break that barrier. Cancers being cured, trans-humanism, digital backups of your brain and memory.

Its not unrealistic to believe that there are humans today that will live to be hundreds of years old. Some of those people would contemplate making such deals in order to have financial security for that duration. If it involved making a deal with the devil, so be it.

But that only applies to people who believe in silly religions.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Selling your soul means finding a more powerful being who can grant you some power. Not only does this come with the cost of eternal servitude, your master must also limit the amount of power that he grants you, or else he risks losing his position.

I suppose, if you value power or pleasure over freedom, then hop right in.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtectedWitness

Wow, this was the wrong thread I was replying to.

The Devil is not real...but if you try to sell your soul, I can imagine you would be inviting negative energies into your body that would enable you, but demand a price of some sort of negativity to feed on, whether you generate it or are attracted to it.
edit on CWednesdaypm545404f04America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ok I understand the shiny quarter metaphor. This is a question meant for a religious person, which I am not. I do believe in a higher power and an afterlife, but not a "God" that looks over us and judges you. So I would not trade anything to that god for protection. Because if he needs something from me in order to love me, it is not true love.

Originally posted by Tadeusz
Selling your soul means finding a more powerful being who can grant you some power. Not only does this come with the cost of eternal servitude, your master must also limit the amount of power that he grants you, or else he risks losing his position.

I suppose, if you value power or pleasure over freedom, then hop right in.

I was thinking this also. Eminem all the sudden calls himself "slim shady" when he blew up. He talks about "slim shady" almost as a different entity from himself. I'm thinking this is the spirit who resides in his body.
edit on 25-4-2012 by BelowPublicKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There is no "devil".
And, the soul is not sell-able.
That's what I think.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BelowPublicKnowledge

Ever hear the about selling your soul for fame, money, and power?

Yep! And I even know a guy who tried it. This guy studied on Satanism and Demonology for years, and finally performed an elaborate High Magick Ritual to bring forth Satan himself in a "Solomon Triangle", also known as the "Triangle of the Art" The Triangle can be found in the Manuscript "The Goetia" also known as "The Lesser Key of Solomon the King". Once again it is one of the most important tools in the Conjuring of Spirits.

Anyway, my friend spent several hours with the conjuration, but he did not get Satan. What he told me he did get was Set, who proceeded to tell my friend that first there is no such being as "Satan," and secondly, he, Set, did not make deals with humans.
My friend forgot all about trying to sell his soul after that.
What I didn't know than is the Human Spirit is what animates us all, and we actually are the Spirit, we only reside in the "Temple" the human receptacle until such a time as we pass from it. So, you cannot sell it. I would say those who say they did sell their Souls are either nuts, or after sensational headlines.

link   
I've heard a process described by people where an actual apparition appears to make the deal with you. The agreement is more or less verbal. The crazy thing is, I always thought the whole imprectation was irreversible, but videos like these and the words that these people speaks are a testament to God being all powerful.

Snoop recounts his experience here
Note the inverted cross he prays to in the chapel.

link   
I have considered it a couple times, but I figured it never worked. I will watch the video, but I HATE THE 700 CLUB AND EVERYONE ON IT. They are not CHRISTIANS, they are BUSINESSMEN.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BelowPublicKnowledge
most mainstream and extremely successful musicians talk about selling their soul or have some kind of satanistic theme.

The satanic elite, secret societies, constantly promote everything that they can get their claws on, that can give their spiritual leader (satan) popularity and power.

The more spirits that satan's grunts can stop entering Heaven, the more it pleases satan. It pleases him because satan knows it saddens YHWH, when a person throws their most precious thing, their spirit, away.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The life expectancy point is a moot one. No matter how far up it goes, people will still die. Whether it be 200 or 1000. If they sell their soul, they'll be financially secure for a set period of time, not forever. When they die, according to religious views, they'll regret it. Now, I'm not here to preach, but I'm just making that conclusion as selling one's soul to the Devil, literally, signifies that God exists to those people and they are knowingly avoiding Him.

From an Atheist's view, I guess selling their soul is the probably the smartest thing they could/should do.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by BelowPublicKnowledge

Ever hear the about selling your soul for fame, money, and power?

Yep! And I even know a guy who tried it. This guy studied on Satanism and Demonology for years, and finally performed an elaborate High Magick Ritual to bring forth Satan himself in a "Solomon Triangle", also known as the "Triangle of the Art" The Triangle can be found in the Manuscript "The Goetia" also known as "The Lesser Key of Solomon the King". Once again it is one of the most important tools in the Conjuring of Spirits.

Anyway, my friend spent several hours with the conjuration, but he did not get Satan. What he told me he did get was Set, who proceeded to tell my friend that first there is no such being as "Satan," and secondly, he, Set, did not make deals with humans.
My friend forgot all about trying to sell his soul after that.
What I didn't know than is the Human Spirit is what animates us all, and we actually are the Spirit, we only reside in the "Temple" the human receptacle until such a time as we pass from it. So, you cannot sell it. I would say those who say they did sell their Souls are either nuts, or after sensational headlines.

Thats pretty interesting. I would have loved to have seen that ritual taken place. I never f**k around with demonic/dark spirits like that just incase.
edit on 25-4-2012 by BelowPublicKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

I actually agree to a point. In my particular Faith, there is no Devil as such and that isn't what I imagine actually taking the tab for the bargain these fools made for their success.

I do believe there is evil in the world though. It's a real, tangible force and it's an intelligent and willful force. Some call that the Devil or Satan. Indeed....they sure had major success. They sure regret it deeply now, a few of them anyway. They're either very successful and delusional about how they're attacking their own achievements...or they're being genuine and sharing the error they now realize they've wasted everything for.

I'm thinking...the ones coming out and saying this..are 100% honest and sincere. At least to their thinking and from their perspective, it's just what they say it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I find that incredibly amusing.

"No such being as Satan." Thank you, Set.

Yes, our body is the temple, and we are simply souls inhabiting a temporary vessel. This is why I do not fear death...it is the interval between scenes in the gigantic play that is the cycle of Life...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Yes, but who will these technologies be supplied to?

The people with the money. Yep. Not us.

I have money. I can probably afford to pay for a few people. Would you consider leasing your soul to me, or enter indentured servitude for 20 years if I can guarantee you 1000 years of prosperous life afterwards? Surely that's a better deal than the one the devil is offering.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The first verse isnt really related.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Giving your soul to the negative is no differant than the possitive, in action.

Both require devotion, action, faith, ect to actually bring anything to fuition.

Blindly giving everything then taking nothing is allowable, walking away in also allowable ...but with a price either way.

Like every word is more powerfull than just a word so are decisions.

Clearly people should not temp to make spells when they know not what they are at.

The beyond is a razors edge, wobbling is normal, swinging your compass purposefully one way or the other always brings a reaction.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

Negative will demand more negative, creating a snowball effect that destroys everything you care about, just to feed the energies that empower you.

Positive requires that in order to keep your "power", you must do good things and create good will, and influence or put out positive vibes in order to keep it coming back.

The difference is not the effort required, or the system it runs on...but how it affects your life. One will bring you crumbling down in the end (unless you like chaos and malice) and the other will bring light into your life.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Nope but I must say I have contemplated it for some time before but it's something that I would never blatantly do. Depending on what one means by devilish intents then yes I definitely have thought about it but succumbed to it? Not really and at times I thank myself that I never did such a thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It's funny how this thread was created today of all days in conjunction with the thoughts I had just yesterday about selling my soul to the Devil and how to go about it.

Yes, I'd sell my soul for the Devil but not for fame, not for money, not for anything in this world but only for one small thing; To have my hearing restored. That is all so I can finally for once in my life take control of my life, and earn whatever it is I want instead of asking for it to be handed to me.

For those who don't know me, I'm hearing impaired being completely deaf in my right with 80% in the other due to Mengitits that nearly killed me when I was two.

Anyone that can tell me how to go about this, please U2U me.

Thank you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join