It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever considered selling your soul to the devil?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I wasnt quite sure where to put this but lets get into it.

Ever hear the about selling your soul for fame, money, and power? Could this be actually true? I've noticed in not some, but most mainstream and extremely successful musicians talk about selling their soul or have some kind of satanistic theme. And this does not apply only to rapper or death metal.

This video is what got me looking deeper into this and is pretty profound.

Even Bob Dylan talks about selling his soul. He seems pretty Distraught too.

In this video multiple highly successful musicians explain how they sold their souls for fortune.

This rapper didnt make the deal but claims all of his friends who had seemed to be almost "demonic" and tried to persuade him to sell his soul.

I dont want to bring this up again but even in the super bowl half time show? Illuminati is a devil worshiping society.

What do you think about this ATS.. Whats the price for your soul?
edit on 25-4-2012 by BelowPublicKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The devil can have my soul for free, i bet he wont like it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
haven't watched yet but I will. Very interesting stuff. I just wonder how much of this actually is real and how much of it is me putting things together in my head to make them more real to me. Being raised in a preachers home never helps that!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hmmm.. Personally, I think we're seeing videos full of people who didn't REALLY believe in the true sense what the bargain was about.
Doom on them and ignorance is not only no excuse, I think He who they made the bargain WITH is laughing hysterically over the whining long after the benefits are enjoyed.

Personally? What price? None. Ever. Period. No Debate.

Why? Unlike some of those guys who are only NOW realizing it...I have absolutel certain Faith in the fact there is a future beyond my mortal death in this life. I've been through it before...countless times and we all have. Some remember, most don't. Knowing that, the bargain these idiots jumped into gave them benefit for a few short decades for a future that will span eternity.

I'd ask if it was worth it..but I think it's pretty clear that for those who have stopped to consider the bill that is soon coming due in their lives, it sure wasn't. Money isn't much compared to one's long term future across lives.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I never took selling your soul as a literal meaning, more of a matter of if your willing to be Amoral you will succeed, hence selling your soul to advance.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't believe in the Devil.

I believe in the "wickedness" of man. But I don't believe in Satan.

Basically, to me, Satan is the metaphorical embodiment of every negative influence or attraction a man experiences. The thing is, if God has a physical persona, then Devil has to have one too.

That's the logic at work here. But if believing the Devil has a physical body and is after your soul helps you lead a good life, then more power to you!

Just don't go schizo on it.

link   
reply to post by BelowPublicKnowledge

The crossroads of Robert Johnson seems the most famous. Why does the devil like music so much, or is it that musicians make the most lively companions both before death and well into the afterlife.

link   
Yea I understand what you mean. I listen to Eminem a lot and he definitely sold his soul and lost control. In his recent stuff and other videos you can really tell he went through a battle not only with drugs but demons. And he's only one of many.

reply to post by Starchild23

I do not believe in the "Devil" or "God" as physical beings either. But I do believe in evil spirits and darkness.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I would sell my soul to the devil for the nullification of the devil and all his works.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
They may be speaking of how the drugs, booze, and money can help you become a lost soul. Good layout and informative post, good job sir.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I am right with you. I would never sell my soul because I know this experience here on earth right now is only what I said it was... An experience, to learn from. Our soul is much more valuable then any riches in this reality.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I was a part of a Satanic ritual back a few years ago, where I was supposed to be selling my soul to the devil.

I was in a very bad place in my life and was desperate for some kind of help, even if it were from the Devil himself.

I renounced God, Jesus, and his foul holy spirit etc etc

In exchange for my soul I asked for a long healthy life of 300+ years, everlasting beauty, billions of dollars, all of the best looking men in the world, and to enhance my musical talents. Lots of other stuff too, I don't really remember. I was told to ask for anything and everything I ever desired, no matter how outlandish or big it was, and for as much of it I wanted because the Devil will do anything for a human soul.

None of this actually occurred though, still poor, mediocre music talents, etc

Nothing has changed negatively or positively in my life. Sometimes I wonder though, how long does it take to set in? Maybe I haven't waited long enough for results?

Needless to say, I have no faith in Satanism anymore. And tbh, I never TRULY did. Maybe that's my problem, I didn't believe hard enough. I still believed in good and loved everyone, and was very caring and nuturing like usual. I can't possibly be evil, or rude for whatever reason.

Maybe the Devil has my soul though, and it's just not my turn in the waiting line to receive my gifts though

Would be interesting to hear if this worked for anyone.
edit on 25-4-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Every person who ever claims to be a fan of the Blues knows this story.

Research ROBERT JOHNSON for more information. Listen to the words to the Eric Clapton (at least, arguably the best version) song "Crossroads" (adapted from a Robert Johnson trad blues tune), and it will tell you all about it.

Personally, I wouldn't sell my soul to The Devil. How would I then open automatic doors? (research "The Simpsons" for the backstory on that one)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
In my religious point of view, I see it as a waste to obtain materialistic and finite fame for the price of an individual's soul. You'll live, what, 60-70 years probably? Comparing this life to the Hereafter, I'm staying on Allah's side.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxForgottenLegendxX
In my religious point of view, I see it as a waste to obtain materialistic and finite fame for the price of an individual's soul. You'll live, what, 60-70 years probably? Comparing this life to the Hereafter, I'm staying on Allah's side.

It all turns to dust.......

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Do you ever consider that Bill Gates would trade his fortune for a really shiny quarter?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Do you ever consider that Bill Gates would trade his fortune for a really shiny quarter?

I dont understand your question? Of course he wouldn't..

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

He's saying your soul is a fortune as large as Bill Gate's in metaphoric comparison, why would he trade it for a shiny quarter(aka riches, power, etc in this lifetime)?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BelowPublicKnowledge

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I dont understand your question? Of course he wouldn't..

It's a similar trade to someone who believes in God.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

So, apparently Satan didn't want this douchebag playing metal.. he had no idea what he was doing with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join