It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever considered selling your soul to the devil?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BelowPublicKnowledge

i keep trying to sell it to him, but he never answers, i wonder why that is

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Ben81
Even if i was offered 50 trillions dollars i would refuse

Yep. In heaven they use gold to pave the streets. lol And you can't take a penny to Hell with ya. What good is it to gain the whole world and yet lose your own soul?

Gold to pave the streets? Lmao. You got your myths confused. You're thinking about "El Dorado".

2012, humanity is on the brink of quantum computing yet we still have regressive neanderthals puking up iron age mythologies. Amazing.

God Bless you.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
don't you have to be a christian to believe in the devil???
don't ya need a soul to sell first???

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Matthew 15:18 (KJV)

18) But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Matthew 12:37 (KJV)

37) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Proverbs 18:21 (KJV)

21) Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Proverbs 29:20 (KJV)

20) Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? There is more hope of a fool than of him.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
musician's and actors sell their soul to big business not satan.

"... pump out meaningless dribble that includes a few current psychological triggers
that get fools to buy the merchandise ..."

if you are going to sell your soul to the devil, do it for the ability to fly, or be bulletproof.
then,
go out and test it.

be sure to come back and tell us how cool your new powers from the devil are.

if we don't hear back from you, we will know youv'e been scammed.
(just like the pop stars)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BelowPublicKnowledge

Whats the price for your soul?

Most people don't believe me when I tell them this story, but it is 100% true.

when I was younger, there was a group of us that always hung out. I honestly can't tell you how old I was, but I think it was middle school. The episode of the simpson's where bart sells his soul to milhouse had already aired (maybe in repeats too) and my friends father decided to offer to buy my soul, and our other friends soul.

I'm not religious at all, and felt that even if I had a "soul" I surely don't have the ability to sell it.

So Tony's dad offers to buy it, I agree, Jon says no because he is a religious person. I didn't think tony's dad would actually buy it so I agreed, eventually the amount got set down to 5$ (long story, no need to explain) and the guy actually pulls out a stack of legal looking contracts from his briefcase for purchasing a soul, obviously he printed them up thinking I'd back out.

I sign, take the 5$ and enjoy the rest of my life. His plan was obviously to have me regret it, come crawling back begging for it. No thanks, to me, he's a big fat moron, and I just made 5$.

Well, I'm much older now, life is grand, not worried at all.

So my price was 5$. And I'm not allowed to tell you what I spent it on.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

We've already been told that according to the spirit of Set (worshiped as a god in Egyptian times) there is no Satan.

You do realize that demons are deceptive? Of course Set would tell you that Satan doesn't exist, he wants you to worship him instead! Ask Autowrench, he's not a Christian, but he'll tell you that all of these "gods" (fallen angels) want to be worshiped. Even though Autowrench himself doesn't believe in Satan because of what these "gods" have told him, he'll still tell you that they all aim to be worshiped. This is something that both of you should think about.

After all, Autowrench's friend was calling out and asking help from DEMONS! What do you think demons do?
edit on 26-4-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Anyone even thinking a thought like giving their eternal soul to the Devil must listen (to ALL) of Mary Baxter's You Tube videos. She was taken to Hell by Jesus and experienced not only what Hell is like, but what demonic entities plan, think and do to humans who go down this path.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It seems moronic that somebody who believes there is a satan would sell their soul to him. Assuming, this is true, you might have a nice time on this mortal plane, but the idea of having my soul ripped asunder etc for who whole of eternity after isn't my thing. Or do they believe in one thing but conveniently not about the burning in hell bit?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

In today's world, it seems success is measured in money, or rather, the love of money, being greed.
As well as power and popularity, or rather, pride and haughtiness.
The invisible qualities of the human being, love, compassion, understanding, humbleness have taken a back stage in our society and turned into weakness to be exploited rather than qualities to be admired.

I believe this is a world owned by evil, just as many religions state as well, across the world.
Not everyone is owned by evil nor aspires to it, but looks for ways to transcend beyond it and step into the next higher level of existence.

I believe the earth plane is just another lower astral realm we are all bound to escape eventually.
edit on 26-4-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BelowPublicKnowledge
Ok I understand the shiny quarter metaphor. This is a question meant for a religious person, which I am not. I do believe in a higher power and an afterlife, but not a "God" that looks over us and judges you. So I would not trade anything to that god for protection. Because if he needs something from me in order to love me, it is not true love.

Originally posted by Tadeusz
Selling your soul means finding a more powerful being who can grant you some power. Not only does this come with the cost of eternal servitude, your master must also limit the amount of power that he grants you, or else he risks losing his position.

I suppose, if you value power or pleasure over freedom, then hop right in.

I was thinking this also. Eminem all the sudden calls himself "slim shady" when he blew up. He talks about "slim shady" almost as a different entity from himself. I'm thinking this is the spirit who resides in his body.
edit on 25-4-2012 by BelowPublicKnowledge because: (no reason given)
I agree that there may be something to these alter egos.
Eminem's alter ego is Slim Shady.

"Slim Shady is just the evil thoughts that come into my head. Things I shouldn't be thinking about. Not to be gimmicky, but people should be able to determine when I'm serious and when I'm #in around. That's why a lot of my songs are funny. I got a warped sense of humor I guess".

"I had this whole Slim Shady concept of being two different people, having two different sides of me. One of them I was trying to let go and I looked at the mirror and smashed it. That was the whole intro of the Slim Shady EP. Slim Shady was coming to haunt me, was coming to haunt Eminem".

Here is what someone else said about Marshal Mathers, a fan I suppose.

Slim Shady is a character, Marshal say's Slim Shady killed Eminem. He say's he is still Eminem though, Slim Shady is just another part of him, the dark, evil, creatively sick part.

Slim Shady

Beyonce has one too Sasha Fierce.

“When I’m onstage I’m aggressive and strong and not afraid of my sexuality. The tone of my voice gets different, and I’m fearless. I’m just a different person.”

Sasha Fierce was born when I did ‘Crazy in Love.’ People, when they meet me, expect that all the time, but that person is strictly for the stage.”

Beyonce, People Magazine, November 18th, 2008
Sasha Fierce
What I find interesting is that both of them "needed" alter egos and that both of them depicted their transformation visually.
Lady Gaga's alter ego is Jo Calderone. Now I'm off to learn more about celebrity alter egos.

edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To subtract.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

As a former Eminem fan let me break it down:

Eminem: Angry violent raps.
Marshall: Himself, speaking from the heart.
Slim: Goofy absurd silly raps.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Wonders

As a former Eminem fan let me break it down:

Eminem: Angry violent raps.
Marshall: Himself, speaking from the heart.
Slim: Goofy absurd silly raps.

Thanks for trying to "break it down". I used to be an Eminem fan myself, I remember the first time I heard his angry violent raps, I thought, "THIS IS EVIL!", it gave me the heebie jeebies. He may not be out living a life of crime by the world's standards, but his music isn't leading people towards God.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'v tried to sell my soul several times but I guess the devil don't want what he already got

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This website: marineparade.net... will at least help you figure out the value of your soul, after a quick survey.

At least then you would know what your asking price should be.

Personally, I think that my soul must be pretty valuable, as so many people/satan/god want it I must need it for something in the afterlife.

So, I would not be selling it to anybody for anything.

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hello,

Yes, I actually have considered selling my soul to the devil once. Almost 2 months ago, my Daughter was dying in the hospital. I seriously considered it... even went as far as researching how to do it on the internet in order to save her life. Then, after alot of thought, I realized that if I did sell my soul to Satan, I wouldn't be with my Evangeline Grace in the afterlife. If there is a Heavan, she would surely go there being she was just a child and I wouldn't get to be with her there. The thought of being with her in the hereafter gives me some comfort in the midst of her passing, even if there may not be a Heavan or Hell, I like to beleive she's there waiting for me. She passed away in my arms on March 4th. About 2 hours after she passed away, I walked my Mother out to her car at the hospital, as I walked away, she Said "Be on the lookout for Feathers!" In my mind I just said yeah, yeah.... about a minute later, a white feather was floating above my head. Later she said that it's a sign from Heavan that she's there. Now wether or not this was a coencidence, or really some sign... I don't know.... but it happened. I got me thinking though.... I probably could've sold my soul... but my Daughter wouldn't have wanted me to do that. Guess I'll just have to wait until my day comes. Sometimes I regret not doing it because it could have saved her but, you see or hear all the time how deals like this could go very badly in the end. Thats my input for now.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Mccw2003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa
Anyone even thinking a thought like giving their eternal soul to the Devil must listen (to ALL) of Mary Baxter's You Tube videos. She was taken to Hell by Jesus and experienced not only what Hell is like, but what demonic entities plan, think and do to humans who go down this path.

www.youtube.com...

OR, she realised she could get a lot of attention by spoutin a load of BS on youtube

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mccw2003

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she's in a better place. Faith and belief help us make it through times like this. I hope your grieving time isn't too harsh.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

Seriously, no human should ever be given a glimpse into any world or dimension or vibrational field other than our own.

Any spirit worth its salt will know that once given a glimpse, everything seen is open to all manner of ridiculous interpretation...especially given conditioning in today's world. No one will know what it truly is, so it's down to finding a lie that everyone will agree upon, and will serve the best purpose in the long run (i.e. keeping everyone alive and out of trouble).

That's how religion started. That's why I don't agree with religion, but I can still see the necessity. Unfortunately (perhaps fortunately, rather), the time for this particular necessity is drawing to a close, or so it seems. We're dangerously close to outgrowing that security blanket...it's almost time to spread our wings and let the REAL truth take the wheel. We didn't have a hope of understanding the science behind religion before, and so they had to dumb it down, creating the half-truths and riddles we read today...but now we have the science to put two and two together.

Every risk has its consequences...but if we do it right, the prize is unimaginable. It will be a whole new world...and better for us all. At least, I hope so.

If not (and I firmly stick to this sentiment) we are all royally screwed. If there is no forward from here, then we will crash and burn to ashes. There is no stagnance, no neutral...we have to progress, or we will all fail in the most permanent manner possible: extinction.

This is one of the greatest truths in today's world. You can't deny it. But if you keep waiting for a man named Jesus to wander along and save you...you're setting yourself up for failure. The first step to "salvation" is us.

No one else. Just us. We have to make the difference...if we wait for someone else to do it, then we're already lost.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

errrrr, yeah, thats nice, wots it gotta do with wot i said?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join