It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Catholic Bishops Call for Obama Protests in June/July

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
First off the no damn religion should have ANY say or roll in the Presidents policies! You know the whole Constitution thing with separation of Church and State. Who the hell does the Catholic church think it is...never mind I already know the answer to that.
This is a perfect example of why I detest...I mean I absolutely detest organized religions. They have murdered more people than anyone else in the name of God. Screw the Catholic Church and it's hypocritical Self-righteousness BS. And I am Roman Catholic and I cant even stand the Church. I believe there is a higher power, I just hate organized religions.
edit on 4/24/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/24/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

So then, should MoveOn.org also be charged with trying to run political policy? What is the difference? How about Media Matters? What gives that group any more right than the Church?
edit on 25-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

the bishops, cardinals, whatever have the right to protest just like I have the right to protest them for there sins

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Who said that? Obama?

Standing up for our religious freedom is not the same as judging others for their wrongdoing.

You might be singing a different tune if all the Catholic grade school and high school close. Plan on throwing down another 19 billion dollars a year for the government to pay for these kids educations when Catholic schools shut down. (Figures are probably up - taken from a 2008 article).
www.speroforum.com...

Obama is risking $100 Billion if Catholic hospital close. (I imagine that would be annually)
www.thefiscaltimes.com...$100-Billion-if-Catholic-Hospitals-Close.aspx#page1

What would that mean to the U.S., and to Obama's health care reform mandate? Put simply, it would create a disaster for the delivery of health care in the country, and rapidly escalate the public costs of health care.

You want to lump all Catholics together and you protest us for our sins, that is your right, but it's going to be your access to quality healthcare that suffers and your pocketbook that picks up the tab.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
reply to post by beezzer

please tell me I am reading your response in error. did you just imply that I am an obama shill? check my posts I think I have established myself as anti obama in every respect. Obama lied to me and others like me while he was trying to get elected in 2008. an unforgiveable lie he stated he would review and release info pertaining to ufo's and nasa if he got elected. well during his term as potus he has not released $h!t...................infact he scaled back funding fired a bunch of nasa bozo's and effectively killed the space program basically killing my hopes and dreams for a star trek like future so you sir are wrong dead wrong about me

the bishops, cardinals, whatever have the right to protest just like I have the right to protest them for there sins. but in the very words they like to throw around when ever it is convieniant for them

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone " and they definitly are not without sin

So you're protesting an organisation that is protesting government control?

Yup.

I stand by my posts.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes
when a catholic priest asks his flock not to vote for this or that candidate, then that priest is abusing his position and should be hold accountable for it.

Um .. no. When the priest points out the the congregation that the obama administration is trying to take away their Constitutional right to freedom of religion and their freedom to practice that religion, then that priest is doing his job correctly. It's his job to keep them spiritually safe. And that is what he is doing by telling them that their religion is in danger by the US government.

Gee ... damned if they do and damed if they don't ... eh??

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone " and they definitly are not without sin

They are calling for protests .. not because Obama 'sinned' ... but because the government is overstepping and is trying to take away the Constitutional rights of American citizens to practice their faith.

Originally posted by SaturnFX
So, anyhow, should we care what the catholic hierarchy is wanting for the US?

You should be THANKING them for standing up for the Constitutional rights of Americans.

But instead ... we get a bunch of yutz's screaming about the inquisition which happened 500+
years ago in Europe (and 2,500 people died) and we get others falsely claiming the church killed
50 million people. I'm sure all that anti-Catholic drivel makes the Obama administration very happy.
It makes their job easier to chip away at the Constitutional rights of Americans.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
[sarcasm]I'm sure if Jesus was back, he'dd be protesting Obama too....[/sarcasm]

I'm so sick of the Catholic church meddling with affairs they know next to nothing about.
There is nog a single organisation which is so Obsessed by sex as the Catholic church.

And OP, the fact that you talk about "O-zombies" and other retarded terms to descibe people who disagree with you say a lot. Have you ever considered that you are a zombie of the opposite of the spectrum, an Obamaphobiac?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
I'm so sick of the Catholic church meddling with affairs they know next to nothing about.

Riiiiiiiiight ... Catholics in America 'know next to nothing' about their Constitutional rights, eh?

So according to you - the fact that the government is trying to take away the Constitutional rights of Americans is irrelevant and those Catholic Americans coming together to fight for their Constitutional rights is nothing more than them meddling in affairs they know next to nothing about ...

:shk: EPIC FAIL on your part.

There is nog a single organisation which is so Obsessed by sex as the Catholic church.

:shk: Off topic and irrelevant .

And OP, the fact that you talk about "O-zombies" and other retarded terms to descibe people who disagree with you say a lot.

And XyZeR, the fact that you totally missed the point says a lot about you. There are people who support Obama and then there are O-Bots and zombies. There is a difference. I don't call people who disagree with me 'zombies' ... but I DO call those who mindlessly follow Obama - zombies - because that is exactly what they are. You'll find that when Bush43 was in office there were plenty on the left (and on the right) who saw Bush-bots here and were very vocal about calling them what they were ... Bush-bots and/or Zombies. It has nothing to do with 'people who disagree with me'. GET REAL.

Oh .. and it's not 'retarded'. It's pretty damn accurate.

Have you ever considered that you are a zombie of the opposite of the spectrum, an Obamaphobiac?

Have you ever considered that maybe you are an O-bot and/or you didn't bother to read the thread?

backatchya

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FlyersFan, you didn't realise that Constitutional rights are only for those that adhere to a certain ideology?

If another group or population (that doesn't agree with the progressive left) has a constitutional issue, then it is obviously THEIR fault because they are stupid.

I would like you to head straight to the nearest re-education centre for a complete work-over. . um. . I mean happiness evaluation.
-Dept. of Joy, Czar

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

:shk: EPIC FAIL on your part.

Epic fail, what a rich vocabulary....
FYI I was talking about the church in relation to sexuality, which in the end is what it boils down to( contraception relates to sexuality in case you didn't notice.., so much for your reading comprehension. Making this a purely constitutional case is your choice, for me this entire issue it is about sexuality, period.

:shk: Off topic and irrelevant .

LOL oh so that's your response , it's "off topic", FYI it's not!
It's true and the best response you had about it is "off topic,so lets ignore this completely because it doesn't suit my views"

BTW you seem to like off topic posts cause teh following paragarph of you reply is completly off topic:

And XyZeR, the fact that you totally missed the point says a lot about you. There are people who support Obama and then there are O-Bots and zombies. There is a difference. I don't call people who disagree with me 'zombies' ... but I DO call those who mindlessly follow Obama - zombies - because that is exactly what they are. You'll find that when Bush43 was in office there were plenty on the left (and on the right) who saw Bush-bots here and were very vocal about calling them what they were ... Bush-bots and/or Zombies. It has nothing to do with 'people who disagree with me'. GET REAL.

Off topic, not relevant moving on...

Have you ever considered that maybe you are an O-bot and/or you didn't bother to read the thread?

No I don't consider myself an O-bot (hint: i'm not american), and i did read the thread, that's why i replied to it with my argument that there is not a single organisation in the world that is so obsessed with sex than the catholic church. To me it's like a fish trying to force his explanation of what flying should be like on a bird...

The church's obsession with sex is a cancer that threatens to tear it to pieces.

For all the hype, sex isn't a subject frequently mentioned in the Bible. While the Bible does speak about it sporadically, it tends to focus more on tenets of compassion, love and faith.

Yet, for some reason, the Catholic Church can't get enough of sex.
They preach against premarital sex, adultery, homosexuality and birth control. Ask any devotee, and he or she will tell you they've heard warnings about each one in church.
Yet, sometimes it's hard to take these teachings seriously from the Catholic Church.

It all sounds a bit hypocritical coming from an organization which saw some leaders rape the most innocent of beings and others use hush money to keep these deplorable acts from the public.

The best way to describe the church's relationship with sex is to compare it with how some treat alcohol.
The two types of people most obsessed with alcohol are the heaviest of alcoholics and the most pious of non-drinkers.The church manages to play both roles at the same time. They preach abstinence and self-restraint, but church leadership fails miserably in practicing such teachings.
This obsession recently threatened to fully destroy any positive feelings the public has left after countless headlines about systematic rape, abuse and corruption within the church.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The Holy Mother Church should be careful. She doesn't have quite as much life in her these days, as she used to.

Still, it is good to see Catholicism taking a stand on a basis of principle for a change. Maybe they and the atheists could consider a 24 hour or so armistice? They will probably need the help.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

so much for your reading comprehension.

My reading comprehension is great.

Making this a purely constitutional case is your choice,

Um ... no. Wrong. This is a constitutional case. It's about Americans and their right to freedom of religion. It's about Americans and their right not to have government overstep.

for me this entire issue it is about sexuality, period.

.. and your rabid anticatholicism .. both of which is why your position fails.
The rest of your post was just blah blah sex blah blah bash the catholics blah blah ...
which was all off topic so it'll be ignored.

Again ... for those who wish to remain on topic ...

The US Catholic Bishops have called for protests in June/July. The protests are because the US Government is trying to overstep it's authority and interfere with how Churches run their outreach programs. The government tried to force Catholic Church Hospitals and Catholic Church Schools to be run in a manner against their faith. MANY protestant groups are watching this closely and are backing the Catholics on this. Christian Americans, from all denominations, have been discussing how the administration is stepping on the Constitutional rights of Americans.

The protests are called for June and July. Honestly, I don't think that there will be big protests. People will be too busy enjoying the summer and be on vacation. But I do think that you will see not only some Catholics but a whole lotta' protestants show up. The evangelical blogs I've been reading seem to support the Catholics taking a stand for their Constitutional rights - even though the evangelicals and the Catholics don't worship in the same way.

edit on 4/26/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I hope the Bishops do protest! And along with the Bishops I hope the young boys that were sexually abused by those scum pedophiles, protest against the Bishops at the same time.

My bet is that the Bishops won't hang around very long. The truth will always triumph over hypocrisy and perversion.

And I can't see any self respecting protestant wanting to be associated with systemic perversion and pedophilia.

edit on 26-4-2012 by seagrass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Still at it eh? Ignoring the Constitutional rights of Americans and the fact that the government is overstepping it's authority, all because you have an ax to grind against the Catholic church itself. Lovely.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The rest of your post was just blah blah sex blah blah bash the catholics blah blah ...

Funny, that's exacly how every one of your posts in this thread sounds to me

"wahahahaha jajaja blah blah blah let's bash Obama some more"

Your reading comprehension is fine you tell me, but then you post something that accuses me of posting something about .

rabid anticatholicism" ..

I'll explain, cause it's apparently hard to understand: I made an analogy about the church meddling with sexual issues and you somehow distill from that that i'm about "rabid antialcoholism" ...go figure, great reading ability!

The only rabid thing here is your Obamaphobia, and just so you get it: my position is for me to choose, not for you to determine.
FYI You are not the judge of my position, I am, and I am free to take up any position I like. Period.
Are you anrgy that I disturbed your little bashing fest by giving valid arguments against it.

but it's useless ...You're not here to debate, that's clear now, so goodluck on your continued bashing fest.
I'm sure Jesus would be proud of you!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

reply to post by seagrass

Still at it eh? Ignoring the Constitutional rights of Americans and the fact that the government is overstepping it's authority, all because you have an ax to grind against the Catholic church itself. Lovely.

Ax to grind against the Catholic church.....I wonder why? Perhaps it's my Jesuit education. Arrogant pervs!!

Apparently the Holy mother Church doesn't really care about the Constitutional rights of little boys now does it?

Perhaps if the Bishops had of paid more attention the the Constitution themselves; this little debate would never have been necessary....You reap what you sow!!

Epic Fail....

en.wikipedia.org...:
edit on 26-4-2012 by seagrass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Funny, that's exacly how every one of your posts in this thread sounds to me
"wahahahaha jajaja blah blah blah let's bash Obama some more"

Then you need to learn to read. How about you actually read the entire thread and go find me all the supposed unending quotes where I've been factlessly bashing Obama. Good luck with that.

The only rabid thing here is your Obamaphobia,

Exposing that this administration is stepping on the Constitutional rights of people is now 'Obamaphobia' eh? Sure .. good luck with spinning that position ...

You are not the judge of my position, I am, and I am free to take up any position I like. Period.

Sure you can take any position you like. And the anti-Catholic sex obsessive position you have taken - and admitted to - is there for everyone to see and judge all they want. Guess what .. I'm free to judge it as it is .. MYOPIC.

Are you anrgy that I disturbed your little bashing fest by giving valid arguments against it.

Awwww .. that's so cute!
Sweetie .. you aren't important enough for me to get angry over.
And you have not posted any 'valid arguements' against the information I've posted showing
that the government is overstepping it's position and attempting to take away Constititional rights
of Americans. All you do is scream 'obamaphobia' ... and yet have not once shown that what the
government is doing in regards to Constititional rights violations is correct.

how about you try to stay on topic ... go ahead and give it a try ....

edit on 4/26/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
Apparently the Holy mother Church doesn't really care about the Constitutional rights of little boys now does it?

Separate issue. The issue here is ....

AMERICAN Catholics have a right to their faith. The Constitution promises it.
The administration is infringing upon those rights.
American Catholics want a protest to show that their rights are being violated.

Obviously you have issues - real or imagined - against the entire church. Whatever.
These are AMERICANS and their RIGHTS that we are talking about.
Not the Vatican. Not the College of Cardinals. But AMERICANS.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

go find me all the supposed unending quotes where I've been factlessly bashing Obama. Good luck with that.

That sure was easy

Sure you can take any position you like. And the anti-Catholic sex obsessive position you have taken - and admitted to - is there for everyone to see and judge all they want. Guess what .. I'm free to judge it as it is .. MYOPIC.

To judge and/or to agree, you don't realize that it seems...

If you cannot see that the Catholic church has in fact a massive sex-obsession , then you are deliberately not seeing it.

And guess what: I'm just as free to condone and judge your position if it defers from mine, this works both ways, you don't seem to realize that... Only your position seems to be allowed, what happened to my free speech, my opinion?

I gave you valid arguments and you ignored them as "off topic" convenient to say the least..

So it's now proven and demonstrated that you are a humongous hypocrite, accusing everyone of bashing , while you are are one of the biggest bashers.

And don't call me "sweety", that's just childish and petty, and bordering on a personal attack, but it was to be expected.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
ok look all of you bible thumping blind faith following believers. The catholic church as an organization has committed attrocities that no amount of money can fix. there power influence and money pay for services the government should provide to there citizens free of cost ie healthcare and schooling etc cut the defence budget and the extra income could pay for these services. If any government needs to turn to a mafia run organization to pay its bills then we truly live in end times. you have to realize the catholic church as an organization not only has criminal ties, the current pope back in 1985-1986 knew about the bad apple pedofile priests and did NOTHING that is unforgiveable. how many children were abused while he did NOTHING. then to top it off he gets to hold the highest office in his organization. as a parent of a child who is in a catholic school (not by my choice) if any of these so called men of god touch my child I will be behind bars for murder, no police, no justice system just good ole fashion vigilante justice I will be the george zimmerman of that situation. look everyone has the the right to believe and follow whatever religion faith etc... Its the organization I have a problem with not the teachings of jesus

doubt any of my words check the links

www.jesus-is-lord.com...

www.mtc.org...

www.drivebyplanet.com...

christianchildabuse.blogspot.ca...

www.city-data.com...

www.lookingglassnews.org...

one-evil.org...

archives.weirdload.com...

and while your at it can any of you faithful followers explain these, especially the jesus paintings

www.crystalinks.com...

I stand by my original post

edit on 26-4-2012 by gaurdian2012 because: found more links

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

go find me all the supposed unending quotes where I've been factlessly bashing Obama. Good luck with that.

That sure was easy

You've GOT to be kidding! That's your supposed proof that this thread is unending factless Obama bashing? And you got a star for that as well? My God that's stupid. :shk: YOU FAIL.

If you cannot see that the Catholic church has in fact a massive sex-obsession , then you are deliberately not seeing it.

What you think the vatican or the college of bishops or the Catholic faith itself is, is irrelevant to the discussion. The FACT is that the US Government is trying to deny Americans their constitutional rights. Your problem with what you think the Catholic faith is, or with how the Vatican runs itself in regards to sex is YOUR PROBLEM and not the topic.

Only your position seems to be allowed, what happened to my free speech, my opinion?

You can have it as long as it's on topic. And nothing you have posted has been on topic.
TOPIC - American Catholics called to march in protests for their Constitutional Rights.
NOT THE TOPIC - XyZeRs problem with the Catholic faith itself and the Vatican.

I gave you valid arguments and you ignored them as "off topic" convenient to say the least..

No you haven't. Not a single point from you supporting why you think the government has a right to take away the constitutional rights of Americans simply because they are Catholic (only that you don't like the church)

So it's now proven and demonstrated that you are a humongous hypocrite, accusing everyone of bashing , while you are are one of the biggest bashers.

Proven? Not even close. You posted a link to my posting history from my profile which means nothing. You failed to prove your accusation that this is one big factless obamabashing thread.

bordering on a personal attack, but it was to be expected.

.... says the poster who just falsely acused me of bying a hypocrite.

I AM NOT THE TOPIC. GET ON TOPIC. SERIOUSLY.
It's not that hard. At least, for most of us it isn't.
TOPIC - Americans protesting for their Constitutional rights.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

ok look all of you bible thumping blind faith following believers.

I'm not a bible thumper and I disagree with the Catholic teaching on Onanism (among others)

The catholic church as an organization has committed attrocities that no amount of money can fix.

And what does that have to do with Americans wanting their Constitutional rights?
And what does that have to do with the US Gov't overstepping in a power grab?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join