It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Catholic Bishops Call for Obama Protests in June/July

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Bet Obama wasn't expecting this when he decided to take on the Catholic Church.

No O-Bots within the Bishops or College of Cardinals.
June 21 - July 4 ... just in time for Independence Day and before everyone takes off for vacation.
Those will make some interesting commercials against Obama for election time in Oct/Nov.

US Catholic Bishops Call for Obama Protests

Roman Catholic leaders are planning two weeks of public protests against President Barack Obama’s policies as they intensify their argument that the administration is engaged in a war on religion. “Civil disobedience is almost inevitable,” Deal Hudson, president of Catholic Advocate, told The Hill. “That kind of protest is on the way.” Republicans are hoping the protests, planned for June and July will have a major bearing on the election which will follow four months later.

So we'll have civil disobedience from the Catholics and other Christians because of the infringment upon their freedom of religion rights by the Obama administration.

And we could easily have civil disobedience from the people not happy with what is going on with the Zimmerman/Martin shooting trial.

And we have the heat of summertime to boost anger ... as well as high gas prices, high unemployment, huge numbers of under-employed, etc etc Should be an interesting summer.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

So we'll have civil disobedience from the Catholics and other Christians because of the infringment upon their freedom of religion rights by the Obama administration.

What infringement? I can still go to church and worship my higher power in anyway I see fit. I can still pray to
my Lord and Savior anywhere silently or in the privacy of my own home. WTF are you talking about?

Sound like you have a political agenda more than a genuine concern about religious rights.

But I agree that it will be an interesting summer.

edit on 24-4-2012 by seagrass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Way to shoot the messenger.

I'm no fan of religion, but good for them. I hope they keep it up. I hope the rest of us follow suit with our own "agendas."

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well...that knocks out about 95% of the Hispanic vote for Obama. They are devoutly Catholic.

The Catholic Church was a major factor in Kennedy getting into office....maybe they still have the influence to do the reverse with Obama...

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

did you really just commend a bunch of Bishops and Cardinals for not having any Obama supporters amongst them? You do know how easy it is to make a joke about what there are in between a bunch of bishops and cardinals...right?

Obama + 1

If the Catholic Church is against you, I'm for you. And if they are for you, I'm against you. Very simple, works every time.
edit on 24-4-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
What infringement? ... WTF are you talking about?

WTF I'm talking about has been all over these boards for months. The Obama administration was trying to force the Catholic church to go against it's beliefs and provide free birth control (which includes free abortions because many so-called birth control methods are actually abortificants) to people who were working in the church outreaches (Catholic church hospitals, catholic church schools, etc)

Sound like you have a political agenda more than a genuine concern about religious rights.

Sounds like you aren't keeping up with what is in the news and with what TPTB are trying to do to our rights.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

did you really just commend a bunch of Bishops and Cardinals for not having any Obama supporters amongst them?

I definately commend the Bishops and Cardinals for not being a bunch of O-bot zombies.
They have their shortcomings .. obviously .. but at least they aren't mindless O-bots.
Too bad I can't say the same for some folks here at ATS who were bamboozled four years
ago but are desperately still hanging on to their "yes you can" dream.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Catholics are just so damned entertaining to watch...like...do you guys all believe that a former nazi is the bridge between heaven and earth?
And what do you guys think of all the money laundering the Vatican does for criminal organizations?

I was never for or against Obama, if you're even remotely implying anything there. However...with all these different idiotic and retarded groups going against him, I'm starting to see the picture and I like him because he pisses you guys off...and usually it's about stuff that matters so hate groups like the Catholic sect show the world how retarded they are. I mean, there were no KKK members against Bush right? Did the Catholics love Bush?

But you do get the joke about what's in between cardinals and bishops right? Because I REALLY dislike the Catholic sect.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Screw that. I say we have mass protests against the Catholic Church instead. They've got bussloads of skeletons in their closets and their 'holier than thou' schtick is pathetic.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Catholics are just so damned entertaining to watch...like...do you guys all believe that a former nazi is the bridge between heaven and earth?
And what do you guys think of all the money laundering the Vatican does for criminal organizations?

I was never for or against Obama, if you're even remotely implying anything there. However...with all these different idiotic and retarded groups going against him, I'm starting to see the picture and I like him because he pisses you guys off...and usually it's about stuff that matters so hate groups like the Catholic sect show the world how retarded they are. I mean, there were no KKK members against Bush right? Did the Catholics love Bush?

But you do get the joke about what's in between cardinals and bishops right? Because I REALLY dislike the Catholic sect.

How sad.....you aren't concerned about the loss of our Constitutional Rights, No, you aren't concerned about our failing economy....but, you base your *vote* on which Church our Potus pisses off....who sounds ignorant now.....

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Screw that. I say we have mass protests against the Catholic Church instead. They've got bussloads of skeletons in their closets and their 'holier than thou' schtick is pathetic.

I'm in for that. I'm also in for TAXING the life out of donations to the Vatican. Just to press people to give their hard earned money to charities that actually do help(and never supported Hitler).

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

How sad.....you aren't concerned about the loss of our Constitutional Rights, No, you aren't concerned about our failing economy....but, you base your *vote* on which Church our Potus pisses off....who sounds ignorant now.....

Des

I'm way passed being sad at things that I can't change, because change would require my peers to become critical thinkers instead of passionate drinkers. Sadly, there aren't many critical thinkers within the Catholic sect.

Besides that, I don't base anything on which church dislikes who. I specifically stated I'm for anyone who is against the Catholic church and against anyone who is for the Catholic church. Didn't mention anything about other churches.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
First off the no damn religion should have ANY say or roll in the Presidents policies! You know the whole Constitution thing with separation of Church and State. Who the hell does the Catholic church think it is...never mind I already know the answer to that.
This is a perfect example of why I detest...I mean I absolutely detest organized religions. They have murdered more people than anyone else in the name of God. Screw the Catholic Church and it's hypocritical Self-righteousness BS. And I am Roman Catholic and I cant even stand the Church. I believe there is a higher power, I just hate organized religions.
edit on 4/24/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/24/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's one thing to protest at large in defense of your rights, it's another to march against a specific elected official. To do the latter is clearly political. How much longer can the Church retain it's tax exempt status?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Because I REALLY dislike the Catholic sect.

naaaaaaah ... really? I never would have guessed.

Originally posted by Destinyone
you aren't concerned about the loss of our Constitutional Rights,

Well said. The POTUS and his minions tried to step on the rights of the Catholics to their faith. This not only ticked off the Catholic church but also many of their protestant brethren because ... they know they'll probably be next in line to have their Constitutional Rights violated.

Originally posted by kosmicjack
How much longer can the Church retain it's tax exempt status?

Probably just as long as Jesse Jackson's 'church' or Al Sharpton's 'church' or Obama's 'black liberation theology cult' in Chicago maintain their tax exempt status'. All Churches have a right to band together and try to move the country towards whatever their beliefs are. We may or may not like that they can do this .. but it's their right. It's impossible to make organized religion ignore politics. The very core nature of organized religion is to try to get things to run the way that they think is 'right'.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Watch for the spin on this!
Obama is actually FOR the catholic church, it was Bush who hates the catholics, the republicans that hate the Holy See.

*getting popcorn*

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
You know the whole Constitution thing with separation of Church and State.

That's not in the Constitution. What is in the Constitution is that the state will not have an official religion. AND what is in the Constitution is that the state will not impose itself on the beliefs of religions being practiced. That is what the Obama administration did ... tried to impose itself on the beliefs and practices of the Catholic church - which is against the Constitution that you just sited.

Who the hell does the Catholic church think it is...

The Catholic church in the USA thinks it's full of Americans who have a constitutional right to religious freedom. They think they are Americans who have a constitutional right to freedom of speech to speak out against their rights being violated.

They have murdered more people than anyone else in the name of God.

That's pure B.S. Absolutely false. But anti-Catholics luv to say that for some reason.
Go figure.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The Catholic church in the USA thinks it's full of Americans who have a constitutional right to religious freedom. They think they are Americans who have a constitutional right to freedom of speech to speak out against their rights being violated.

What you fail to mention is that people had to fight the Catholic church for centuries to get a hold of religious freedom.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

What you fail to mention is that people had to fight the Catholic church for centuries to get a hold of religious freedom.

Irrelevant.

The Americans in the Catholic church have a right to freedom of religion under the US Constitution. The Americans in the Catholic church have a right to freedom of speech on this matter. The American Catholics wanting their rights as promised to them in the US Consitution are in no way stepping on the rights of others .. not in any way, shape or form. And actually its people like YOU who are trying to take away the constitutional rights of Americans who happen to be Catholic. Are you proud? (I'm sure you are ... it's 'just' the Constitutional rights of Americans who are Catholic after all ... right?
)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What infringement? I can still go to church and worship my higher power in anyway I see fit. I can still pray to
my Lord and Savior anywhere silently or in the privacy of my own home. WTF are you talking about?

But I agree that it will be an interesting summer.

edit on 24-4-2012 by seagrass because: (no reason given)

wait till october...they'll be having Obama in a devils suit with big red lips and eating watermelon on billboards across the country.....and i'm still waiting for some republican to get on MSM and call him the N-word, you know they are just dieing to do that, it's on the tip of their tongues, and i'm surprised they have held back for so long.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join