It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Catholic Bishops Call for Obama Protests in June/July

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

1 - Obviously you have never had a course in psychology. You are totally wrong.
2 - You are blind with bigotry and therefore going off topic.

3 - The TOPIC is that the Bishops have called for protests in June/July because the government is imposing itself upon the Catholic faith in America and overstepping the US Constitution.

4 - The Catholic faith most definately states that they are not allowed to participate in artificial birth control or abortion and they are not to provide it for others. To force them to do so would be a violation of both their religion AND their Constitutional rights.

Catechism of the Catholic Church - the only form of birth control allowed is Natural Family Planning
Pope Paul VI - Humane Vitae
What the Catholic Church says about birth control

Catholics are not allowed to use it according to their faith.
Catholics are not allowed to help others use it according to their faith.
It doesn't matter how many Catholics are 'good catholics' and follow their faith.
The fact is ... the leadership of their Church say it's their faith and their law so
the government has no right to force them to go against their faith and go against the CONSTITUTION.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You keep repeating the same mantra...and keep saying for me to read a history book. Listen up.....I gave you a link to a study done by university that you completely ignore and yet you keep saying I am wrong. No , you are wrong and ignore what was presented to you.I will not go read your history books from the Christian science monitor. Not to mention just about every history book has been shown to be chocked full of wrong and in many respects made up information. No why don't you go look into it more. In the end we will have to agree to disagree.

I am done with this thread for now....talking to some of the blindly and easily lead religious automatons gives me a headache.

edit on 4/25/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/25/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I don't see what everyone is having an issue with.

Either you are for the government violating the US Constitution, or you aren't.

Several people have made it clear that they see no problem with the government violating the US Constitution.

I and the OP along with a few other have an issue with it.

Simple really.

Either you're for draconian government
or
You're for freedom.

Hurry! Pick a side! Lunch is in a few minutes!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

The fact is ... the leadership of their Church say it's their faith

What good is your faith and your connection to God if it is dictated by men.

Nothing.

Carry on.

Also love the "either you're for us or against us" rhetoric that your catholic in crime pushed forward. Reminds of Bush. Intelligence levels must be close to each other too, I bet.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
You keep repeating the same mantra...

Because you keep saying, in error, that the Catholic Church murdered 50 million people since the Dark Ages and that they have killed more than anyone else in the name of God. that's poppycock.

I gave you a link to a study done by university

With wrong numbers in it.

.I will not go read your history books from the Christian science monitor.

I never gave a link to a Christian science monitor. I don't know where you are getting that from.

just about every history book has been shown to be chocked full of wrong and in many respects made up information.

So you are only going to believe that which agrees with your anti-Catholic bias?
Okay. Good to know.

Estimated Death Tolls

People killed by Islam

Africa - Thomas Sowell [Thomas Sowell, Race and Culture, BasicBooks, 1994, p. 188] estimates that 11 million slaves were shipped across the Atlantic and 14 million were sent to the Islamic nations of North Africa and the Middle East. For every slave captured many others died. Estimates of this collateral damage vary. The renowned missionary David Livingstone estimated that for every slave who reached a plantation, five others were killed in the initial raid or died of illness and privation on the forced march.[Woman’s Presbyterian Board of Missions, David Livingstone, p. 62, 1888] Those who were left behind were the very young, the weak, the sick and the old. These soon died since the main providers had been killed or enslaved. So, for 25 million slaves delivered to the market, we have an estimated death of about 120 million people. Islam ran the wholesale slave trade in Africa. 120 million Africans

Christians - The number of Christians martyred by Islam is 9 million [David B. Barrett, Todd M. Johnson, World Christian Trends AD 30-AD 2200, William Carey Library, 2001, p. 230, table 4-10] . A rough estimate by Raphael Moore in History of Asia Minor is that another 50 million died in wars by jihad. So counting the million African Christians killed in the 20th century we have: 60 million Christians

Hindus - Koenard Elst in Negationism in India gives an estimate of 80 million Hindus killed in the total jihad against India. [Koenard Elst, Negationism in India, Voice of India, New Delhi, 2002, pg. 34.] The country of India today is only half the size of ancient India, due to jihad. The mountains near India are called the Hindu Kush, meaning the “funeral pyre of the Hindus.” 80 million Hindus

Buddhists - Buddhists do not keep up with the history of war. Keep in mind that in jihad only Christians and Jews were allowed to survive as dhimmis (servants to Islam); everyone else had to convert or die. Jihad killed the Buddhists in Turkey, Afghanistan, along the Silk Route, and in India. The total is roughly 10 million. [David B. Barrett, Todd M. Johnson, World Christian Trends AD 30-AD 2200, William Carey Library, 2001, p. 230, table 4-1.]

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
talking to some of the blindly and easily lead religious automatons gives me a headache.

I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ONANISM like the Catholics do.
I believe in the US Constitution and I believe the government is overstepping.
That does not make me a 'religious automaton'.
It makes me a good American to speak up when I see the Constitution being overstepped.

edit on 4/25/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
What good is your faith and your connection to God if it is dictated by men.

Again .. you disagreeing with what the Catholics believe is IRRELEVANT. They have a right to believe it. They have a right to practice it. And the government does NOT have a right to insinuate itself into different religions in this country and dictate to them what they can or can not believe. If the Catholic leadership wants to protest because the Constitutional rights of Catholics are being violated .. they have that right.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I don't see what everyone is having an issue with.
Either you are for the government violating the US Constitution, or you aren't.

Anti-Catholic bigotry is clouding the vision of people. They don't care that the Government is trying to insinuate itself into how Churches are run and is trying to step on the beliefs of those Americans. These people won't care until the government goes and takes away a right that is near to their hearts .. but by then it will be too late.

(paraphrase)
First the came for the homosexuals, but I wasn't homosexual so I didn't care.
Then they came for the single parents, but I wasn't a single parent so I didn't care.
Then they came for the crippled and the old, but I was young and healthy so I didn't care.
Then they came for the Catholics, but I wasn't Catholic so I didn't care.
Then they came for the Baptists, but I wasn't Baptist so I didn't care.
Then they came for me .. but by then everyone was gone so no one could help me.

They'll wake up to what is happening when it's too late ....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Truth!

Heck, I'm not even catholic yet I find myself defending them against attacks which should be aimed at the government.

(Episcopal)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

totally agree with you lets protest there abuse of children and the whole condom thing are they that daft or is this a ploy from the vatican for new recruits?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
reply to post by jtma508

totally agree with you lets protest there abuse of children and the whole condom thing are they that daft or is this a ploy from the vatican for new recruits?

This is the reason why I honestly believe that there are Obama-shills on this site who would stomp all over the Constitution if they were told to.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes

I know nothing about the way priests are being paid over there? Over here, priests are being paid by the state. Now assuming the same is going on over there, I would plea to have that bishop fired. There should be such a thing as a separation between church and state. Religion should have nothing to do with politics, with the state offering protection of the right to believe whatever one likes to believe. Even the flying spaghetti monster.

What do you do (re; separation of church and state) when the "state" starts determining what your church should do within its own religious tenents?

well, obviously the state should not interfere in all matters related to religion but as soon as these matters are being abused to express political points of view, the abuser should be stopped. when a catholic priest asks his flock not to vote for this or that candidate, then that priest is abusing his position and should be hold accountable for it.

disclosure: i'm not too fond of catholic priests as they have this tendency to abuse their position to interfere in politics. Our local history has plenty of lessons for us to learn. Even in these days they manage to interfere in the course of justice, preventing child rapists to be punished the way it should. Over here a bishop admitted he raped children, it's obvious his CEO was aware and yet catholics within the justice system prevents the others to take action and put these terrible people in jail, where they belong.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes
Over here, priests are being paid by the state. Now assuming the same is going on over there,

Wrong. Parish priests are paid by the church.
Religious priests (those in monastaries, cloisters) aren't paid at all.

well, over here I have to pay for those guys in black with a cross on their dresses. They are being paid by the secretary of justice. I'm an atheist yet I have to support these catholics.

Glad to learn that in other parts of the world people have more sense.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
well the mindless masses (no pun intended) who depend on MSM & someone other than themselves, like a pope or priest, to spoon feed them their morality and "facts" seem to have their agenda set for them this summer.

Personally I think both sides are corrupt both politically and morally.
So might as well stay home in the A/C and protests against yourself in the mirror

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

Your example is why The United States was founded. Unfortunately, as you pointed out, many of our citizens have lost the ability for clear and rational thought. In the typical behavior of dependant types (slaves) are allowing themselves to be lead like sheep and used for the porposes and agendas of their masters

Very observant my Belgium friend!

edit on 25-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: I misspelled the heck out of Belgium..........sorry

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The entire leadership of the Democratic Party is in on this war. It's not just Obama.

These clowns pretend to be people of Faith, and some are actually fooled. Their actions scream they are not what they pretend to be. If Obama is a Christian, I'm the Pope. ...and no, he's not a Muslim either... thought I'd better include that.
edit on 4/25/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Well...that knocks out about 95% of the Hispanic vote for Obama. They are devoutly Catholic.

The Catholic Church was a major factor in Kennedy getting into office....maybe they still have the influence to do the reverse with Obama...

Des

We are guided by guilt and alcohol. And we feel really guilty about allowing him to get into office!
Unless we're real hungover in November, we'll be out there to kick the clown out!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Nothing like the religious organization trying to influence politics.

So, anyhow, should we care what the catholic hierarchy is wanting for the US? Frankly, the more you anger that organization of criminals, the more you know your doing something right.

Must suck for them..to have ruled for a thousand years over europe with a bloody iron fist, and now reduced to just shaking fists at leaders that don't kowtow to them.

They also hated Kennedy for saying he wouldn't be having the Vatican calling the shots for the US.

JUST SAY NO TO THEOCRACY

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I really don't see how America will survive intact in the next ten years, I definately think something big is going to happen this year though.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

please tell me I am reading your response in error. did you just imply that I am an obama shill? check my posts I think I have established myself as anti obama in every respect. Obama lied to me and others like me while he was trying to get elected in 2008. an unforgiveable lie he stated he would review and release info pertaining to ufo's and nasa if he got elected. well during his term as potus he has not released $h!t...................infact he scaled back funding fired a bunch of nasa bozo's and effectively killed the space program basically killing my hopes and dreams for a star trek like future so you sir are wrong dead wrong about me

the bishops, cardinals, whatever have the right to protest just like I have the right to protest them for there sins. but in the very words they like to throw around when ever it is convieniant for them

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone " and they definitly are not without sin

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Originally posted by FlyersFan

So we'll have civil disobedience from the Catholics and other Christians because of the infringment upon their freedom of religion rights by the Obama administration.

What infringement? I can still go to church and worship my higher power in anyway I see fit. I can still pray to
my Lord and Savior anywhere silently or in the privacy of my own home. WTF are you talking about?

Sound like you have a political agenda more than a genuine concern about religious rights.

But I agree that it will be an interesting summer.

edit on 24-4-2012 by seagrass because: (no reason given)

Your statements are "I,I,I" are you aware other people religious freedoms are getting stepped on? Glad you are happy, but does the government have the right to mandate laws that force people to go against their religious beliefs or pay huge fines?

Maybe, no one will notice or care when the government is personally raking you over the coals. Karma kinda of thingy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join